Millions missing from Village of Midl...
blah blah blah

Loganville, GA

#44 Dec 5, 2013
Know It All wrote:
<quoted text>Who made you the mouth piece of the village I'd really like to know that? I can only sit back for so long and read what you post, you said the old mayor never contacted people personally about issues? Wrong. It's funny how you seem to have some enjoyment that people lost jobs or had a pay cut, do you know all of these people personally? Do you know for a fact that they weren't doing thier jobs? Please don't accuse me of being a former employee either because I am far from that.
All I can hear from you is blah blah blah. Always looking for a reason to go after 5 year. Get a new hobby. Your old one is boring us.

5yr Midlo Resident

Since: Apr 09

Orland Park, IL

#45 Dec 5, 2013
Ha. "former" my foot. I think you're a current member of the village staff/board, but hey, that's just my opinion. ;)

And I challenge you to find once where I said I was speaking for the village. In fact, didn't I just get through saying that I am not doing that? Didn't I just say that I just want facts to be accurately represented? You sir are wrong on so many levels, but please don't feel you must "sit back" either. Post what you want. Just don't be upset when you get contradicted as you so often do.

And when did I ever say I was happy about people losing jobs? It's not that at all, but I am happy when DEAD WEIGHT is cut. It's not the person, but it's the being practical. The village doesn't need any more dead weight. Let's hope some others resign (Schavone or the Deputy Clerk anyone?) soon too. Perhaps then we can get some good people up there.
Know It All wrote:
<quoted text> Who made you the mouth piece of the village I'd really like to know that? I can only sit back for so long and read what you post, you said the old mayor never contacted people personally about issues? Wrong. It's funny how you seem to have some enjoyment that people lost jobs or had a pay cut, do you know all of these people personally? Do you know for a fact that they weren't doing thier jobs? Please don't accuse me of being a former employee either because I am far from that.
Disappointed

Wheeling, IL

#46 Dec 5, 2013
Curious as to who is on the finance committee that is supposed to be watching over this. We're they not doing their job?
new resident

Mokena, IL

#47 Dec 5, 2013
Why isn't there sidewalks on some blocks? My kid have to walk on the street. On the way to school
new resident

Mokena, IL

#48 Dec 5, 2013
Just asking

“Stay Thirsty my Friends”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#49 Dec 5, 2013
Disappointed wrote:
Curious as to who is on the finance committee that is supposed to be watching over this. We're they not doing their job?
Thank you for trying to get this thread back on topic. Yes, this other subjects need to be debated, but this misappropriated money is a BIG deal. It deserves serious discussion.

I'd too like to know what the finance committee knew but so far I've heard that it was all hidden from them. The responsible parties were Stephens, Lang, and Bourn. Hopefully time will tell who is to blame and who's joining Zamiar in the slammer.
Disappointed

Wheeling, IL

#50 Dec 5, 2013
Jonathan Goldsmith wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for trying to get this thread back on topic. Yes, this other subjects need to be debated, but this misappropriated money is a BIG deal. It deserves serious discussion.
I'd too like to know what the finance committee knew but so far I've heard that it was all hidden from them. The responsible parties were Stephens, Lang, and Bourn. Hopefully time will tell who is to blame and who's joining Zamiar in the slammer.
I think there is a serious difference between if it was misappropriated and if someone lined their pockets. The former is plain incompetence if it was used for other items beside what it was intended for or perhaps negligence. If it turns out that someone was lining their pockets they should go to jail for a long time
Know It All

Chicago, IL

#51 Dec 5, 2013
5yr Midlo Resident wrote:
Ha. "former" my foot. I think you're a current member of the village staff/board, but hey, that's just my opinion. ;)
And I challenge you to find once where I said I was speaking for the village. In fact, didn't I just get through saying that I am not doing that? Didn't I just say that I just want facts to be accurately represented? You sir are wrong on so many levels, but please don't feel you must "sit back" either. Post what you want. Just don't be upset when you get contradicted as you so often do.
And when did I ever say I was happy about people losing jobs? It's not that at all, but I am happy when DEAD WEIGHT is cut. It's not the person, but it's the being practical. The village doesn't need any more dead weight. Let's hope some others resign (Schavone or the Deputy Clerk anyone?) soon too. Perhaps then we can get some good people up there.
<quoted text>
Think what you want but you are wrong. It's funny that others have posted under Know It All that seem to dislike you too. It's a growing trend, and when have I been contradicted?
Know It All

Chicago, IL

#52 Dec 5, 2013
blah blah blah wrote:
<quoted text>
All I can hear from you is blah blah blah. Always looking for a reason to go after 5 year. Get a new hobby. Your old one is boring us.
Don't read it then, it's a public forum correct?
Small detail but curious

Northbrook, IL

#53 Dec 5, 2013
Know It All, your personal attacks give you zero credibility. You (and others) may find her annoying, but she seems to have valuable information. What do you have to offer other than insults?
Know It All

Chicago, IL

#54 Dec 5, 2013
Small detail but curious wrote:
Know It All, your personal attacks give you zero credibility. You (and others) may find her annoying, but she seems to have valuable information. What do you have to offer other than insults?
I have never personally attacked her, her information is easily obtained, that's why I posted the link yesterday about the police officer, it's crazy that some people are that lazy or clueless to do some research.

5yr Midlo Resident

Orland Park, IL

#55 Dec 5, 2013
Know It All whether or not it's easily obtained is not an issue. The issue is that some people don't know how or where to obtain it and/or don't make the effort to. So me putting it out there for them while not that big of a deal does allow more people access to information they might not otherwise have.

And it doesn't matter what you call yourself. If you attack me for being honest and accurate then small detail is right. You lose YOUR credibility. You don't affect mine.
Know It All

Chicago, IL

#56 Dec 5, 2013
5yr Midlo Resident wrote:
Know It All whether or not it's easily obtained is not an issue. The issue is that some people don't know how or where to obtain it and/or don't make the effort to. So me putting it out there for them while not that big of a deal does allow more people access to information they might not otherwise have.
And it doesn't matter what you call yourself. If you attack me for being honest and accurate then small detail is right. You lose YOUR credibility. You don't affect mine.
That's my point you aren't always accurate, you are wrong a lot of the times, you just repeat what you hear like a lot of people.

5yr Midlo Resident

Orland Park, IL

#57 Dec 5, 2013
No one has ever been right 100% of the time in their life KIA. I'm sure you've believed something to be true before that wasn't as well. I don't post it KNOWING it's untrue. I post it believing without a doubt that it IS true. Now have I been proven wrong (even partially) before? Sure.

I'm sure we all have. The point is though, I don't post unless I have good reason to believe I'm right, and if someone has another answer they should post it and talk it out.

“Stay Thirsty my Friends”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#58 Dec 5, 2013
Disappointed wrote:
<quoted text>I think there is a serious difference between if it was misappropriated and if someone lined their pockets. The former is plain incompetence if it was used for other items beside what it was intended for or perhaps negligence. If it turns out that someone was lining their pockets they should go to jail for a long time
Misappropriation of money that is bonded for a specific purpose is against the law. Period. It also places the village at risk that the bond agency could 'call' the bonds and legally demand immediate repayment.

In addition to this, there's the ethical issue that us residents will be paying over $120 a year in the water infrastructure fee for the next 18 years without reaping the benefits of the promised water tower or other water system improvements.
peter

Orland Park, IL

#59 Dec 5, 2013
Apple pie please, with a slice of cheddar cheese on top, thank you.
how

Alsip, IL

#60 Dec 5, 2013
<quoted text>Misappropriation of money that is bonded for a specific purpose is against the law. Period. It also places the village at risk that the bond agency could 'call' the bonds and legally demand immediate repayment.

In addition to this, there's the ethical issue that us residents will be paying over $120 a year in the water infrastructure fee for the next 18 years without reaping the benefits of the promised water tower or other water system improvements.
This is very bad news for our village. I hope they are diligently working to fix what has happened there. I would have to agree with a previous poster that said everyone that was there before Rybak came in should be let go. How did it get this way? How could the people working there not know? It's shameful.
Taxpayer Watchdogs

Chicago, IL

#61 Dec 13, 2013
I recently was shocked when a member of the village finance committee told me that a recent audit showed millions of dollars were missing and/or misappropriated. Specifically they were talking about the bond fund for the proposed water tower.
Three years ago the village borrowed almost $8 million to do sewer repairs and build a water tower. A monthly assessment was placed on our water bills to cover the bond. Now, apparently there is less than $200,000 left in this fund and the multi-million dollar water tower is still but a pipe dream.
I think our new mayor and her trustees need to start coming clean on what they are uncovering from the previous administration.
You need to do a better job. No treats for either of you. Bad doggies!
Facts Only

Midlothian, IL

#62 Dec 13, 2013
I recently was shocked when a member of the village finance committee told me that a recent audit showed millions of dollars were missing and/or misappropriated. Specifically they were talking about the bond fund for the proposed water tower.
Three years ago the village borrowed almost $8 million to do sewer repairs and build a water tower. A monthly assessment was placed on our water bills to cover the bond. Now, apparently there is less than $200,000 left in this fund and the multi-million dollar water tower is still but a pipe dream.
I think our new mayor and her trustees need to start coming clean on what they are uncovering from the previous administration.
The previous administration? The previous administration includes all of the current trustees. The only changes are mayor and clerk, the clerk being a non-voting member of the board. The finance committee has had the same trustees for an excess of four years, Kreis, Killilea, and Moskal. The village gets audited annually. That being the case, if money was misappropriated, you would certainly have to look at the finance committee, which still has not changed under the current mayor. Blaming this on the previous "administration" is a stretch to say the least.

5yr Midlo Resident

Orland Park, IL

#63 Dec 13, 2013
Facts only, the finance committee has nothing to do with which accounts money comes out of. They only look at what needs to be paid, what can they cut, etc. The treasurer/mayor handle where the money comes out of. The finance committee is not to blame.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dixmoor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who is running for Mayor of Chicago Ridge? 3 hr Pompas jacka55 102
john ryan puppet for james quinn !!! 5 hr bystander 5
ryan - quinn scheme exposed !!! 6 hr bystander 11
Ace Hardware coming soon? 7 hr Say Whaaaat 3
Who are you electing for Hazel Crest Mayor? 7 hr Frustrated 11
snoop dogg to play ridgefest (Mar '09) 8 hr Dad 24
Tokar Fest 2017 (Jun '16) 9 hr fest goer 20

Dixmoor Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance