Millions missing from Village of Midl...
cant beleive it

Chicago, IL

#23 Dec 4, 2013
FactsJack wrote:
<quoted text>
How stupid are you? You sound like a complete idiot. Go get your free food stamps and while you're at it get the facts straight. My buddy serves on the board and he tells me what's going on in Midlothian. I'm a former resident, so why don't you just move if Midlo is so bad.
I did just like you best thing I ever did!
Youve got to be kidding

Orland Park, IL

#24 Dec 4, 2013
5yr Midlo Resident wrote:
Disappointed, "hold on" did tell you several things.
She asked Burke to leave.
She is writing up employees (And I'll add to this, implementing/enforcing HR/village policies).
She cut the bldg department to part time as was needed (And yes, they "quit"/retired when they heard.)
One of our businesses wanted to leave town under the old mayor and had a heck of time even opening up here, but since Sharon came in things went more orderly and smoothly, and now they are expanding instead of leaving. And yes, she is helping bring business in. She is meeting with other towns and associations and making connections.
She is also getting out in the community too. She was at National Night Out to support the Community Policing Committee's efforts to raise awareness about crime and to get neighbors to look out for each other. She's been on several of their walks too and talks with any resident that wants to.
She gives her PERSONAL cell # to anyone that asks for it and actually had it printed on her mayor business cards so they can call her with questions. Did the last few mayors do that? I think not.
I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting, so let's just say that took me about 5 minutes to rattle off (with help from 'hold on') so there is probably a lot more if I gave it more time.
Burke was told he would not be reappointed, basically fired!
She has done nothing to get businesses into town. She had to start from scratch when James Lang resigned. Hardee's and Dollar Tree were both brought in by the previous administration. With no building department is the mayor going to personally approve any building plans?
So she has been to one National Night Out, the same as the current chief by the way. The CPC was started under the Stephen's administration and has worked with the PD to raise awareness about crime, as you said. Nothing new there.
The previous administration also published their home phone numbers, including the Mayor and all trustees.
The village website is basically non-functional. Village board meeting and committee meeting agendas are required to be posted 48 hours in advance. This is not be done as Illinois Law requires.
These are but a few of the deficiencies, issues and or problems with the current mayor and her administration.
I want my town back

Alsip, IL

#25 Dec 4, 2013
Actually the talk of Hardee's Dollar Tree and Steer Hogs all started with the previous administration but Terry's boy Lang was too busy sitting on his ass doing nothing. He didn't even return phone calls from those companies. As for Cicero Lang had 4 or 5 developers lined up for the corner but he was only interested in one. The villiage has now signed with another developer under Sharon. The village also owns the old Dodge property and can sell off the indivual parcels to the stores as they come in. The chevy dealer does not want to sell even though someone offered full offer price. Sounds like they don't want to sell.
losingit

Oak Lawn, IL

#26 Dec 4, 2013
Youve got to be kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
Burke was told he would not be reappointed, basically fired!
She has done nothing to get businesses into town. She had to start from scratch when James Lang resigned. Hardee's and Dollar Tree were both brought in by the previous administration. With no building department is the mayor going to personally approve any building plans?
So she has been to one National Night Out, the same as the current chief by the way. The CPC was started under the Stephen's administration and has worked with the PD to raise awareness about crime, as you said. Nothing new there.
The previous administration also published their home phone numbers, including the Mayor and all trustees.
The village website is basically non-functional. Village board meeting and committee meeting agendas are required to be posted 48 hours in advance. This is not be done as Illinois Law requires.
These are but a few of the deficiencies, issues and or problems with the current mayor and her administration.
Be nice to her, she lost her snuggle buddy.

Since: Apr 09

Orland Park, IL

#27 Dec 4, 2013
You've got to be kidding I'd laugh, but your lack of a correct grasp on what's happening is really not funny.

Burke was fired. Period. I don't know where you get your information from, but he was FIRED.

As for the building department, there is still someone working there. It's not like Sharon fired them all. They chose to retire rather than work part time. I'm sure it's not fast enough for you, but she is working on a lot at once. Give her a minute, and I'm sure she'll make another decision you can criticize later.:)

As for the NNO, sure a previous mayor came out. He was never one to pass up a public display.:)

I'll concede, I don't know about home phone numbers, but if they did I never saw it published on a business card. If they did power to them.

The village website is FAR from non-functional. It doesn't have all the information we might want on it, but that's hardly something that Sharon caused. As you may recall, it wasn't that well updated in the previous administration either, but at least some updates have been made since. I agree with you more needs to be done/on there, but quite frankly, until the staff up there (save the mayor) decides to give a crap I doubt that will change.

I don't take any of the post you made as a deficiency on the current mayor's part, but if you want to spin it that way I can only come back and tell you I don't agree.
whatajoke

Midlothian, IL

#28 Dec 4, 2013
Youve got to be kidding wrote:
<quoted text>Burke was told he would not be reappointed, basically fired!
She has done nothing to get businesses into town. She had to start from scratch when James Lang resigned. Hardee's and Dollar Tree were both brought in by the previous administration. With no building department is the mayor going to personally approve any building plans?
So she has been to one National Night Out, the same as the current chief by the way. The CPC was started under the Stephen's administration and has worked with the PD to raise awareness about crime, as you said. Nothing new there.
The previous administration also published their home phone numbers, including the Mayor and all trustees.
The village website is basically non-functional. Village board meeting and committee meeting agendas are required to be posted 48 hours in advance. This is not be done as Illinois Law requires.
These are but a few of the deficiencies, issues and or problems with the current mayor and her administration.
Look at you touting how wonderful the previous administration was. It would be funny if it want so sad. You complain about the website? Ha! Well, Terry's girl is still taking care of it so I guess that explains the problems with timeliness. James Lang? He was a train wreck in this village from the beginning! The businesses that were brought in were looking elsewhere because he screwed up the deals so bad. Yep, Burke was fired and rightfully so! From the day she took office he walked around calling her names and letting her know that he could never work with her. Also, he and Vince and the previous 2 mayors can take their share of the blame in this Zamiar fiasco that's in the news today. There have been complaints about him for a long time and they covered his sorry butt instead of getting rid of him. He should have been placed on administrative leave long before Sharon became apprised of the situation and finally did something about it. In my opinion, everyone at that village that is left over from the previous administration needs to be let go. There is a sense of entitlement among them that is shameful and disgusting. Good riddance to them. Keep up the good work Sharon.
really

Midlothian, IL

#29 Dec 4, 2013
whatajoke wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at you touting how wonderful the previous administration was. It would be funny if it want so sad. You complain about the website? Ha! Well, Terry's girl is still taking care of it so I guess that explains the problems with timeliness. James Lang? He was a train wreck in this village from the beginning! The businesses that were brought in were looking elsewhere because he screwed up the deals so bad. Yep, Burke was fired and rightfully so! From the day she took office he walked around calling her names and letting her know that he could never work with her. Also, he and Vince and the previous 2 mayors can take their share of the blame in this Zamiar fiasco that's in the news today. There have been complaints about him for a long time and they covered his sorry butt instead of getting rid of him. He should have been placed on administrative leave long before Sharon became apprised of the situation and finally did something about it. In my opinion, everyone at that village that is left over from the previous administration needs to be let go. There is a sense of entitlement among them that is shameful and disgusting. Good riddance to them. Keep up the good work Sharon.That was brilliant.
That was brilliant.
Youve got to be kidding

Orland Park, IL

#30 Dec 4, 2013
whatajoke wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at you touting how wonderful the previous administration was. It would be funny if it want so sad. You complain about the website? Ha! Well, Terry's girl is still taking care of it so I guess that explains the problems with timeliness. James Lang? He was a train wreck in this village from the beginning! The businesses that were brought in were looking elsewhere because he screwed up the deals so bad. Yep, Burke was fired and rightfully so! From the day she took office he walked around calling her names and letting her know that he could never work with her. Also, he and Vince and the previous 2 mayors can take their share of the blame in this Zamiar fiasco that's in the news today. There have been complaints about him for a long time and they covered his sorry butt instead of getting rid of him. He should have been placed on administrative leave long before Sharon became apprised of the situation and finally did something about it. In my opinion, everyone at that village that is left over from the previous administration needs to be let go. There is a sense of entitlement among them that is shameful and disgusting. Good riddance to them. Keep up the good work Sharon.
You need to pull your head out of her ass and take a deep breath. I can prove everything I say, can you? James Lang did more for this village in the short time he was than most people will give him credit for. As far as Zamiar, he will be exonerated, and the village will still have to pay his salary until that time. There is a standard of proof in this country and one is presumed innocent until proven guilty. I've been living in this town for many, many more years than someone purporting to be a five year resident. I state fact, not bloviate opinion.

Since: Apr 09

Orland Park, IL

#32 Dec 4, 2013
You've got to be kidding you're really cracking me up now. Zamiar exonerated? So that whole long investigation that led to yesterday's indictment was a farce? They have no evidence? Ha.

And James Lang sure did do a lot for this village. He sure did collect a paycheck he didn't deserve which cost us a lot more than just lost business/revenue. You're right there! ;)

“# Sand”

Since: Jan 13

Midlothain,IL

#33 Dec 4, 2013
Youve got to be kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to pull your head out of her ass and take a deep breath. I can prove everything I say, can you? James Lang did more for this village in the short time he was than most people will give him credit for. As far as Zamiar, he will be exonerated, and the village will still have to pay his salary until that time. There is a standard of proof in this country and one is presumed innocent until proven guilty. I've been living in this town for many, many more years than someone purporting to be a five year resident. I state fact, not bloviate opinion.
"As far as Zamiar, he will be exonerated"

You are in denial and/or mentally inadequate. Through no fault of your own, I presume you were born this way.

The Federal conviction rate in the United States of America has now reached the improbable rate of 99%. The vast majority of these convictions are achieved through plea bargaining as 97% of all federal cases end with a guilty plea being entered by the defendant. Approximately two thirds of the three percent who decide to brave trial find themselves convicted, thus achieving the mind-boggling conviction rate of 99%.
ICitizen

Midlothian, IL

#34 Dec 5, 2013
5yr Midlo Resident wrote:
Disappointed, "hold on" did tell you several things.
She asked Burke to leave.
She is writing up employees (And I'll add to this, implementing/enforcing HR/village policies).
She cut the bldg department to part time as was needed (And yes, they "quit"/retired when they heard.)
One of our businesses wanted to leave town under the old mayor and had a heck of time even opening up here, but since Sharon came in things went more orderly and smoothly, and now they are expanding instead of leaving. And yes, she is helping bring business in. She is meeting with other towns and associations and making connections.
She is also getting out in the community too. She was at National Night Out to support the Community Policing Committee's efforts to raise awareness about crime and to get neighbors to look out for each other. She's been on several of their walks too and talks with any resident that wants to.
She gives her PERSONAL cell # to anyone that asks for it and actually had it printed on her mayor business cards so they can call her with questions. Did the last few mayors do that? I think not.
I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting, so let's just say that took me about 5 minutes to rattle off (with help from 'hold on') so there is probably a lot more if I gave it more time.
She also hired her buddies in no-bid contracts too. W. Gleason gets $225 an hour to attend village meetings. The new treasurer is the current Bremen Township Treasurer of Schools and gets about $50k a year and doesn't now how many hours he works for the village. Apparently the township treasurers job does not require a full-time position.

If Sharon is so forth coming why doesn't she communicate to the unwashed masses instead of through you. The village website would serve this purpose but does not seem to be maintained very well, did they fire that guy too?
nope

Midlothian, IL

#35 Dec 5, 2013
ICitizen wrote:
<quoted text>She also hired her buddies in no-bid contracts too. W. Gleason gets $225 an hour to attend village meetings. The new treasurer is the current Bremen Township Treasurer of Schools and gets about $50k a year and doesn't now how many hours he works for the village. Apparently the township treasurers job does not require a full-time position.

If Sharon is so forth coming why doesn't she communicate to the unwashed masses instead of through you. The village website would serve this purpose but does not seem to be maintained very well, did they fire that guy too?
Nope the village website is still run by the same idiot that was doing it for Terry. She won't last though. She obviously STILL can't handle the job.
Dissapointed

Rockford, IL

#36 Dec 5, 2013
So we have only one person in the building department? Is that sufficient?

Since: Apr 09

Orland Park, IL

#37 Dec 5, 2013
ICitizen,

The new "treasurer" costs far less than the old one and does a lot more. You make $50,000 sound like so much, but do an FOI request for what Denise was making including pension contributions, medical benefits, etc. to see that $50,000 is a lot less.

As for the Gleason thing, you're barking up the wrong tree there. This subject has been rehashed here dozens of times. And when the mayor has something she wants to say to the public and/or CAN say I'm sure she will. I'm not speaking as her representative either. I'm speaking as a somewhat informed resident that cares about the truth more than an political affiliations. I defended the former mayor when people got their facts about him wrong too, but that doesn't mean anything other than that I want the true facts to be out there not bullshit and political rhetoric.

Dissapointed to answer you, yes and no. Yes one person is left, and no it's not enough. With everything going on, I'll wager that Sharon won't be able to go too long before she has to find someone at least part time to assist there. I just don't think she necessarily expected the retirements so she probably wasn't prepared for the need to backfill position(s).
Info

Orland Park, IL

#38 Dec 5, 2013
nope wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope the village website is still run by the same idiot that was doing it for Terry. She won't last though. She obviously STILL can't handle the job.
Once again information posted is wrong or incomplete. The former village treasurer and former IT person, along with the deputy clerk, have maintained the village website. When Sharon got rid of everyone she failed to notice this little fact. One person can't handle all of that responsibility.
nope

Midlothian, IL

#39 Dec 5, 2013
Info wrote:
<quoted text>Once again information posted is wrong or incomplete. The former village treasurer and former IT person, along with the deputy clerk, have maintained the village website. When Sharon got rid of everyone she failed to notice this little fact. One person can't handle all of that responsibility.
Yeah I could see where it would be difficult for the SAME deputy clerk to take the minutes off her computer and post them on the website using said computer. It is usually hard to put a simple task like that in motion. Get real. The crying about being overworked when nobody is even sure what she does anymore is a joke. She was secretary to James, Dan and Terry and none if them are there anymore. She can handle the simple job of keeping up the website.

Since: Apr 09

Orland Park, IL

#40 Dec 5, 2013
Info now you're wrong.

The Treasurer retired. Sharon did not "get rid of" her.

The IT person did absolutely nothing of value and definitely did not properly maintain the site so the loss of her was no loss at all.

The third person running the site never really put that much effort into it and still doesn't, but she sure put up a stink when Sharon was going to get someone to take it over for her.

And btw, one person most definitely CAN maintain the village website. We're not talking a major domain here like GoDaddy.com or CNN.com .
cant beleive it

Chicago, IL

#41 Dec 5, 2013
really wrote:
<quoted text>
Really John? I had no idea you loved terry Stephens so much! I thought a change in administration would get you off your abusive, sassy, harass everyone high horse. I guess some people are never happy.
Now, as far as the Christmas party, I don't remember hearing that everyone and their mother was invited. Boy, you must have some sixth sense there buddy. Most people haven't received an invitation at all yet. If they have a holiday party at raday, the fact is that the lodge, being owned by the village, is free for them to use. NO village money, do you see this John? NO village money will be used to pay for a party. You must have mistaken Sharon for Tom or Terry.
Hey here's a thought, instead of just coming on here and spewing crap, why don't you get involved in something so that once, just once, you know what you are talking about.
Thats the wonder thing We have Freedom of Speech,and it sounds like your up to your ears in crap,but I'm lovin it.
Facts Only

Orland Park, IL

#42 Dec 5, 2013
5yr Midlo Resident wrote:
Info now you're wrong.
The Treasurer retired. Sharon did not "get rid of" her.
The IT person did absolutely nothing of value and definitely did not properly maintain the site so the loss of her was no loss at all.
The third person running the site never really put that much effort into it and still doesn't, but she sure put up a stink when Sharon was going to get someone to take it over for her.
And btw, one person most definitely CAN maintain the village website. We're not talking a major domain here like GoDaddy.com or CNN.com .
It is rather obvious that you are drinking the kool aid being distributed by the mayor.
Know It All

Chicago, IL

#43 Dec 5, 2013
5yr Midlo Resident wrote:
Info now you're wrong.
The Treasurer retired. Sharon did not "get rid of" her.
The IT person did absolutely nothing of value and definitely did not properly maintain the site so the loss of her was no loss at all.
The third person running the site never really put that much effort into it and still doesn't, but she sure put up a stink when Sharon was going to get someone to take it over for her.
And btw, one person most definitely CAN maintain the village website. We're not talking a major domain here like GoDaddy.com or CNN.com .
Who made you the mouth piece of the village I'd really like to know that? I can only sit back for so long and read what you post, you said the old mayor never contacted people personally about issues? Wrong. It's funny how you seem to have some enjoyment that people lost jobs or had a pay cut, do you know all of these people personally? Do you know for a fact that they weren't doing thier jobs? Please don't accuse me of being a former employee either because I am far from that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dixmoor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Welcome to Blight Island!!! 1 hr Really people 179
What exactly is Robert Rita doing in Blue Island 4 hr the answer is 1
Blue Island Park District Special Meeting 5 hr Change is needed 37
lost kitten 6 hr wynedale 2
Bob Rita 28th District Hosts Chicago's 1st homi... (Jan '14) 8 hr Bob must go 35
Is control of the Park District that important ... 9 hr Jason 245
Berkots 9 hr Franklin 20
More from around the web

Dixmoor People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]