Anyone have any info on Chicago Ridge...

Anyone have any info on Chicago Ridge EMA?

Posted in the Dixmoor Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Interested

Chicago, IL

#1 Nov 21, 2007
Does anyone have any info on them? Are they police officers? Deuptized for special occasions? Auxiliary Police Officers? I see that most of them carry handcuffs, Mace, and batons. They have badges that say Officer on them. I have also seen many of them working as police but they wear blue uniforms. I was interested in seeing what this agency is all about. Thanks
former resident

Woodridge, IL

#2 Nov 21, 2007
Interested wrote:
Does anyone have any info on them? Are they police officers? Deuptized for special occasions? Auxiliary Police Officers? I see that most of them carry handcuffs, Mace, and batons. They have badges that say Officer on them. I have also seen many of them working as police but they wear blue uniforms. I was interested in seeing what this agency is all about. Thanks
They are not police. Not really sure what kind of training they have, if any at all. They are used for traffic duties, the fest, nothing where they need to enforce the law. Some are part time police and they wear the blue uniform and patrol the parks. There is a web site chicago ridge ema, something like that. I am sure that will answer most of your questions.
Deputize this

Oak Lawn, IL

#3 Nov 22, 2007
Interested wrote:
You jerkoff, you seem close enough to them already knowing what they are wearing on their uniforms, even down to the last detail about the officer title on their badges. I think you know a little more then your letting on.
Ever wonder why people say something in a blog just to get or see what kind of reaction they can generate?
Interested

Bridgman, MI

#4 Nov 22, 2007
I'm retired and have alot of time on my hands. I visited their website of cr-emergecy.org when they had pictures up. If you zoomed you could see what the badge says. Plus I have seen these guys at Ridgefest and they were helping the cops. Thats why I asked what I asked. It wasn't to offend anyone. I wanted to see what authority they have if any.I'm retired, I live in the village and wanted to see what was thought of them before I go fill out an application. I have spoken to others at Poker and they all thought thew were coppers.
Yeah

Chicago, IL

#5 Nov 22, 2007
Interested

Chicago, IL

#6 Nov 24, 2007
Thank You

I am going to go to the village hall and fill out an application. Hopefully they will take an old timer who is a resident.
Yeah wrote:
http://www.topix.com/forum/cit y/chicago-ridge-il/T7C5PS1435G 4G1GCH
The internet is your friend
Hater hater

Oak Lawn, IL

#7 Feb 23, 2008
Did you get hired? Poor bastards, I saw them directing traffic for the primary elections, pouring like a SOB. LOL, is working for free really worth it?
Interested wrote:
Thank You
I am going to go to the village hall and fill out an application. Hopefully they will take an old timer who is a resident.
<quoted text>
Gay SheepDog

United States

#8 Mar 10, 2008
I should get that job
Old Timer

Bartlett, IL

#9 Mar 19, 2008
Hater hater wrote:
Did you get hired? Poor bastards, I saw them directing traffic for the primary elections, pouring like a SOB. LOL, is working for free really worth it?
<quoted text>
I filled out an application but never heard anything back. It probably was roundfiled
CRPD EMA

Oak Lawn, IL

#10 Mar 27, 2008
You all are pretty sad, how bout you all get a life and go outside, maybe, i dont know, i guess all you old retired bastards cant get any ass any more. And dont call us when you need us, we go through more training than most of your pathetic cops out there. When you get your old asses pick pocketed and jumped by some old black gang bangers, dont scream for help, cause your not getting any.

“Every Dog Has His Day”

Since: Mar 08

Chicago Ridge

#12 Mar 28, 2008
whoa...CRPD EMA, good one. You sound racist, does your boss know? Would you refuse to help people of "color" if duty called? Perhaps you are in the closet too? Maybe you once had a gerbil extracted from your keester by an EMA then because of that experience you new just what you wanted to be. You took a shot at me because my moniker? I said nothing insulting about your job or duties. Rock on dude (?). I have it tough enough just being a gay sheepdogg.
GeneSiegel

Tinley Park, IL

#13 Mar 28, 2008
Oh Christ almighty
Person

Oak Lawn, IL

#14 Apr 23, 2008
they are great, very helpful and nice. They can get stict if you dont listen but it is expected, dangerous job. THANKS GUYS!!
Eleanor at 7-11

Oak Lawn, IL

#15 Apr 24, 2008
Person wrote:
they are great, very helpful and nice. They can get stict if you dont listen but it is expected, dangerous job. THANKS GUYS!!
Oh yeah. What kind of imbecile would do this job for NO MONEY? Must be the cool uniforms and pseudo police looking cars with the fancy lights and sirens.

Shit at least a security guard at the mall makes $7.00 and hour.
Pudinoff sucks Baldermann

Elmhurst, IL

#16 May 10, 2008
Eleanor at 7-11 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah. What kind of imbecile would do this job for NO MONEY? Must be the cool uniforms and pseudo police looking cars with the fancy lights and sirens.
Shit at least a security guard at the mall makes $7.00 and hour.
They are all wanna be cops
nate

AOL

#17 Aug 28, 2008
i think all of you people talking trash about the emergency agency have no life, you guys wish you can be driving them cars, and dress up in the uniform and walk around like your the shit. most of or maybe all of them are or trying to start a career in law enforcement and are trying to get a learing experience i know i am.. nobody said its a bad thing to help out the community.. thats why im picking up an application.
Ashamed Teacher

Chicago, IL

#18 Aug 28, 2008
nate wrote:
i think all of you people talking trash about the emergency agency have no life, you guys wish you can be driving them cars, and dress up in the uniform and walk around like your the shit. most of or maybe all of them are or trying to start a career in law enforcement and are trying to get a learing experience i know i am.. nobody said its a bad thing to help out the community.. thats why im picking up an application.
Maybe you should begin your endeavor into a career in Law Enforcement with an English class at your local Community College. Proper grammar, capitalization, and punctuation on your report narratives are sure to impress the judges. Good Luck!
mike

AOL

#19 Aug 29, 2008
I have to agree with Nate on his post, Most of the people or maybe all of the people that are in theses types of agency’s are off duty police officers, retired police officers, or are trying to start a career in the Law Enforcement field. I believe that is a great way to get some type of experience for what they are choosing as a career. Not only that but it’s a good way to help out their communities. It sounds pretty cool if you ask me, you get to drive a snazzy car, professional attire and have some power. Good luck to everybody who is applying for these positions.
J P sweet gloves

Chicago, IL

#20 Aug 29, 2008
I don't think the EMA is hiring anyone. I applied multiple times and they won't hire me. I even bring my sweet gloves in everytime I have an interview. That Brian guy is probably jealous of my awesome mountain bike. J.P. rules.
Roger Grabinski

Evergreen Park, IL

#21 Apr 21, 2013
Come to Palos Hills emergency management A great bunch of trained professionals that care about their fellow manWe are looking for a few more dedicated people Check out our website at www.phema.org

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dixmoor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
library discontent 46 min blindedbythelight 5
Open Letter to All Veteran's 55 min old ironsides 22
Oak Forest taxpayers consider abandoned annexat... 2 hr Resident 2
Open Meeting Violation BI Park 7 hr Ben Dover 8
Could Officer Frank Podbielniak be the next BI ... (May '10) 7 hr Joe Taxpayer 244
John Kasparek New City Auditor Addresses City C... (Oct '15) 10 hr Joe Taxpayer 51
News Man Fatally Shot In South Suburban Harvey (Apr '06) Jun 27 A Lloyd 119

Dixmoor Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dixmoor Mortgages