livehereforever

Blue Island, IL

#1 Jul 28, 2012
Just sae the article in the Oak Lawn Patch. What are these Administrators thinking? In times like these when everyone is cutting back are they no they havent given up anything while the teachers will have too. What small raise they want to give them will be eaten up with increases in insurance, why not give them the raise to at least offset the new premuim they will have to pay. Why don't they pay for their insurance(admin). So get a raise but see less money in your paycheck hmmmmmmmmm doesnt make sense.
thinkin

Orland Park, IL

#2 Jul 29, 2012
T average salary per year is 70.000 last contrat they gt a %40increase with last cntract.our taxes have had a increase over7 times. How many can afford for another tax increase this something the voters should have a say.i
livehereforever

Blue Island, IL

#3 Jul 29, 2012
There are other contracts in the district then the teachers and they get about nothing on their raises. What they were given was taken away with higher decuctions, checks were actually less. I don't think the was 40% but it was a very good raise. they arent asking for the world just not for their checks to be less.
sam

Orland Park, IL

#4 Aug 7, 2012
it was%40 they make on average over110thou starting salary tis was in the paper. I think the forum as well as souhtown.Our school district is failing has not met AYP in over 6 years and they are rewarded at taxpayers expense. They make more than chicago or even some well to do districts.Some people are not aware of they also have daycare.Why not bonus or merit pay reflective on performance.
livehereforever

Blue Island, IL

#5 Aug 8, 2012
Yes, the district has a day care center in place for their employees. Whoever uses the day care payes for it, it isn't free. What does daycare have to do with what they make, the contract etc.
thinkin

Orland Park, IL

#6 Aug 10, 2012
They pay a very reduced rate not the norm.So in essence it another benefit,for those that can use the service. The failure of not meeting AYP is not 6 but 11 years its just the district has a crafty person that knows how to submitt restructing plans. So again its just politics. The public is very tolerable or ignorant of this practice.
IKE CARES

Evergreen Park, IL

#7 Oct 18, 2013
Who was the teachers aide that just got fired for sleeping with a student? I heard the female teacher is from a big family in B.I.
IKE TEACHER

Chicago, IL

#8 Oct 20, 2013
I think this girls Mom is the dance coach at the Big Easy.
Luv ur enemies

United States

#9 Oct 21, 2013
It's called mind ur own
What do you expect

Midlothian, IL

#10 Oct 21, 2013
Look at the way this district turns a blind eye to everything. It is all in who you know and taxpayers just do not seem to care. What should anyone expect from the continued bad conduct of this district and lack of interest from this community! No one even cares that the kids are not getting a good education and the end results of their home values. So, another relative is given a job, no suprise there. That person can't act in a proffessional manner, no suprise there. Wake up tax payers, it is not about the education of the kids. The only thing that seems to matter, is who can get what for themselves, family and friends and mistakes are bound to happen when positions are filled in this manner. The kids are the ones suffering. You will see no outrage over this and things will remain the same.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dixmoor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Graves for mayor in 2011? (Aug '08) 50 min black 75
Alderman election 2015 no opposition 51 min Change is needed 19
Fire issues still burn in Chicago Ridge 1 hr Burning Issue 1
December 2015 Vargas 2 hr Not Going Away 15
Blue Island Red Light Cameras Illegal (Apr '12) 2 hr another tax 42
ex harvey police (Apr '09) 3 hr Black 58
how dumb are the crestwood p.d (Dec '11) 19 hr Mike 49
Dixmoor Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web