Lansing man beaten to death

Mar 31, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CLTV - Chicago Land's TV

LANSING, Ill. - Authorities are investigating the death of a man found bludgeoned to death in south suburban Lansing.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 37 of37
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
its me

Lansing, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2010

Itsmetoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yours is hidden from view when I am signed in, and my last two posts to S Burdine, are only visible to me when I am signed in and invisible to all others.
Hmmmmm!
??????? WHAT???? I was having problems and just posted something to see my post.
swayzer burdine

Saint Charles, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2010

Concerned parent wrote:
To the Burdine family. I say a prayer for you every night. Stay strong. My grandmother always said. "Lies die and the truth hurt". Dont let the negativity get you down. The truth shall come to light in the end. Cameras dont lie. RIP My dear friend ROMEO.
thank you concerned parent from the bottom of my heart...
angry

Lansing, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2010

pity on you
Lisa Olivers friend

Isanti, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2010

Sway, I am so sorry for your loss. I never met Romeo, but Oliver loved him so much. They are together now. Johovah will bless your lovely family. Love Always Lisa
swayzer burdine

North Aurora, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2010

thank you lisa for your kind words...each day is difficult, but we must carry on...again, thank you.
robyn

Beecher, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2011

i knew James Cotton he has always nbeen and crack cocaine. it never stopped i hope that he gets wat he deserves he was a horrible human being and still is i hope he gets the death penalty.
ARRRGGGGG

Lansing, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2011

Judged:

robyn wrote:
i knew James Cotton he has always nbeen and crack cocaine. it never stopped i hope that he gets wat he deserves he was a horrible human being and still is i hope he gets the death penalty.
IT'S NOT "WAT". IT'S WHAT. THE WORD IS SPELLED W-H-A-T. http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/wha...

And while I'm on it, you start a sentence with a capital letter. You missed a period at the end of a few of those sentences and "I" is always capitalized. It is pathetic what our society has come to! GO BACK TO SCHOOL!!!! I can't figure out what "nbeen" is.

“Marketing 44 Yrs of Excellence”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2011

Judged:

ARRRGGGGG wrote:
<quoted text>
IT'S NOT "WAT". IT'S WHAT. THE WORD IS SPELLED W-H-A-T. http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/wha...
And while I'm on it, you start a sentence with a capital letter. You missed a period at the end of a few of those sentences and "I" is always capitalized. It is pathetic what our society has come to! GO BACK TO SCHOOL!!!! I can't figure out what "nbeen" is.
One thing that is sure is that when you focus on the pebbles, you will completely miss the mountains.

A person with a very important message, and with apparent familiarity with the perpetrator of this horrific crime makes two typos (a missing "h" and an extra "n") and capitalization errors, and you come along, totally oblivious of everything except the two typos and the caps, to criticize a person who is possibly giving very good information, as you pejorate
[(pejorate v.t. depreciate; worsen. pejoration, n. change for worse. pejorative, n. & a. disparaging (word or suffix, etc.).] their efforts to inform the rest of us who cared about the victim.

Are you even vaguely concerned with the likely fact that this piece of the puzzle, which many of us have been attempting to sort out over the last year and a half, could be solved with this person's knowledge of the perp?

Are you also one of those persons who wants to DEFUND public education to make it even harder for any person regardless of their poverty or circumstances of birth to receive a basic education?

To answer your question as to what happened to our Society, it is persons like you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2011

Judged:

Cracker wrote:
Amen Marketex,
Gots to feeds um. babysits em, and edimate thems alls
That's Right, Cracker, cause when I quote for you the number of persons in ALL communities which are on some form of AID today, you might notice a curious fact about the demographics...

It might even surprise you to notice that most of them look just like you...even though some of them look just like me.
Jan Payton Burno

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2011

Judged:

swayzer burdine wrote:
this was my brother. it is the absolute worst day of my life. my family has been devastated in ways we could have never even imagined. to lose a family member this way is horrible beyond belief. i would never want another family to experience such sadness.
what i want is for the police to arrest the twins demarcus and marcus that went into my brother's house on monday at approximately 3pm. the security video shows these demons entering with my brother at this time as he returned from the store. they also show them as the last persons to exit his apt. the whole complex knows these degenerate fiends are guilty of murdering my brother. yesterday, i went to see my brother at the morgue for the last time. his head was busted with a hammer sized hole and i pray that he died quickly. my reaction is that revenge would be heavenly. but, i am going to leave it up to god. i cannot ruin my life and all that i have worked for and accomplished by stooping to their level. but god had better be quick. the world is tired of these punkasses destroying lives. your prayers are welcome...
he was a kind and gentle man. nothing less than 1st degree, premeditated murder will suffice. i hope they burn in hell.
I am so sorry to hear of this. My heart breaks for you & your family. My sister was murdered on JUne 23rd by her son. A few misguided people are saying her murder was justified because of a past drinking problem. It feels like we are grieving for two people instead of one. He is not the same boy he once was since he got involved with these people.He seemingly shows no signs of remorse for his actions that we can see. God bless you & your family.
to jan payton burno

North Aurora, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2011

Judged:

horror of horrors...all i can say is i'm sorry, there are no words to describe how you feel under these circumstances. god bless you and god be with you.

Since: Apr 11

Paris, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2011

Judged:

SO Jan Payton Burno is really a nut job on here to?wait till Duct man heres this?
henry county illinois

Moline, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2012

i was in henry county jail with james cotton a few months ago. cook county had sent him there because of overcrowding issues. he stated that the man he alledgely murdered was smoking crack with him and he did not deny murdering him. he also said that there was no one else involved.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2012

Judged:

henry county illinois wrote:
i was in henry county jail with james cotton a few months ago. cook county had sent him there because of overcrowding issues. he stated that the man he alledgely murdered was smoking crack with him and he did not deny murdering him. he also said that there was no one else involved.
...And, of course, you took the word of a murderer, as to the habits of his victim??

...I have this land...
swayzer burdine

North Aurora, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2012

to henry county...i am romeo's brother and my family knows that his murderer is a liar. can you email me and answer a few q's...burdine99@aol.com

marketex, all i can say is thank you.

Since: Jul 08

North Aurora, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

dear lansing residents, three yrs ago my brother romeo was murdered in lansing. today july 19 would be his 57th birthday. we are celebrating as if he were here. it is only fitting that his murderer was today convicted of 1st degree murder. it is not that we feel vindicated, as we also pray for a killer's soul the same as we do for our dear brother, but a measure of poetic justice is appreciated. lastly i would like to express deep gratitude to the officers in lansing and most especially to det. tony curtis. a better police officer would be hard to find anywhere in america. god bless us all and please pray for violence to end.
Childhood friend

Minnetonka, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2013

First may I extend my prayers of peace and healing to the victims family.

I grew up with James, my mother and his mother worked together and I first met him when I was in 4th or 5th grade. I was a couple years older and after high school I joined the service and lost touch. I was just told yesterday of this very sad news. As I researched the incident to get more information I came across this forum.

My heart breaks as I read the story and comments. I heard several years ago that James had an addiction, but I never knew that James, the James King Zaire Cotton that I knew was a talented athlete, a son, a brother, and a friend to many. James had a great sense of humor and a laugh and a smile that could brighten up the room. I remember James hanging on while his giant sheep dog pulled him through the coops. I remember going to a Michael Jackson Victory tour concert together and watching Kung fu movies and acting like we were ninja's. Yes, I remember a much more innocent time, but that too is who James was, he wasn't always overwhelmed by drug addiction and he surely wasn't a violent person.

I have great sorrow for what has become of my friend from so many years ago, I pray that James repent of his sins and know The Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. We are all sinners. I mean no disrespect to the victims families, but two lives were forever changed that fateful day , one ended and one was condemned.

I am so sad, I just pray that The Lords will be done.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 37 of37
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Dixmoor Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Dixmoor People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••