Lansing man beaten to death

Mar 31, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CLTV - Chicago Land's TV

LANSING, Ill. - Authorities are investigating the death of a man found bludgeoned to death in south suburban Lansing.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of37
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
swayzer burdine

Saint Charles, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2010

Judged:

this was my brother. it is the absolute worst day of my life. my family has been devastated in ways we could have never even imagined. to lose a family member this way is horrible beyond belief. i would never want another family to experience such sadness.
what i want is for the police to arrest the twins demarcus and marcus that went into my brother's house on monday at approximately 3pm. the security video shows these demons entering with my brother at this time as he returned from the store. they also show them as the last persons to exit his apt. the whole complex knows these degenerate fiends are guilty of murdering my brother. yesterday, i went to see my brother at the morgue for the last time. his head was busted with a hammer sized hole and i pray that he died quickly. my reaction is that revenge would be heavenly. but, i am going to leave it up to god. i cannot ruin my life and all that i have worked for and accomplished by stooping to their level. but god had better be quick. the world is tired of these punkasses destroying lives. your prayers are welcome...
he was a kind and gentle man. nothing less than 1st degree, premeditated murder will suffice. i hope they burn in hell.
A Davis

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2010

Judged:

I am so sorry that a tragedy like this has happened to your brother and your family. I knew your brother and he was a good person, just too trusting of people who are unworthy of anyone's trust. To take a life so frivolously is plain evil. The people or person who committed this murder are the epitome of evil. I pray that they will be convicted swiftly before they take another life. They don't deserve to be a part of society. What are they good for? My heart goes out to you and your family.
Concerned parent

Flossmoor, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2010

Judged:

Those twins dont have any respect for adults. They hang in the hallways, smoke and try to intimidate the resident. I blame the owner for not screening the people they let rent the apartments. We have complained about the gang signs painted in the basement an the gangs hanging in the hallways, basement and selling drugs on the corner. I was told by the office they were aware of this and they did nothing. Romeo was too trusting of these people. He had a great personality and was a beautiful person. I will miss him. I am so angry.
A Hurting Neighbor

Glenwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2010

Judged:

I was hurt to find out what had happen to this sweet, loving,caring man. Romeo was a wonderful person.I'm so outraged by this act of unconcerned by the managment.This was a nice place to live , but now it's unbelievable. I pray the police these punks who took his life. The life of my dear friend. It's so odd for me & my family to not see him or hear his when we are leaving or coming home. ROMEO WILL TRULY BE MISSED BY ALL!!!! Our prayers are with his family!
Vigilante77

Downers Grove, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2010

Words cannot express the anger I am feeling. Any punishment these perpetrators receive is not severe enough. I believe in street justice and my only regret is that the state does not agree with me. I pray to God the police find them before one of us do. Romeo was a kind and gentle man and did not deserve this. He will be truly missed by everyone that knew him. I pray continuously for the family that you will find some kind of comfort that these animals will be caught and brought to justice. Legal or otherwise. R.I.P., Romeo!
concerned resident

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2010

i need to know in what apartment building if its close to my area.my prayers are with your family.
information of the story

Lansing, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2010

MARKHAM | A night of drinking, illegal drugs and an argument over payment for those drugs were a deadly mix for a 53-year-old Lansing man who was found beaten to death last month, prosecutors said.
James E. Cotton, 35, of 2653 W. 93rd Place, Evergreen Park, is charged with first-degree murder in the death of Romeo Burdine, of the 2100 block of 175th Street.
Cook County Judge James Rhodes on Thursday ordered a $750,000 cash bond for Cotton, who appeared at the Markham courthouse. His next scheduled court appearance is April 28.
Cotton and Burdine met up about 8:30 p.m. March 29 and agreed to go to Burdine's apartment, where they drank alcohol and smoked crack cocaine, said Tandra Simonton, spokeswoman for the Cook County state's attorney's office. At one point, after running out of cocaine, Burdine went out to purchase more. Sometime that night, or early the next morning, the two argued over payment, and Cotton allegedly began striking Burdine in the head, face and mouth with his fists and elbows.
Burdine apparently fought back, scratching and biting Cotton, Simonton said. After Cotton hit Burdine more than 15 times, Burdine stopped breathing. At that point, he allegedly attempted to destroy evidence by pouring bleach on the body.
Simonton said Cotton then took DVDs, a DVD player and Burdine's cell phone and traveled to Harvey, where he sold the stolen merchandise.
Police discovered Burdine's body March 30 after his family requested officers check on his well-being, she said.
The Cook County medical examiner's officer determined the death was a homicide due to assault and blunt force trauma resulting in cerebral injuries, according to the Cook County medical examiner's office.
During the investigation, police made contact with the people to whom Cotton sold Burdine's property, Simonton said.
Cotton was arrested Monday and gave investigators a statement at the Cook County Courthouse in Bridgeview, Simonton said.
http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/illinois/a...

“Marketing 44 Yrs of Excellence”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2010

Judged:

information of the story wrote:
MARKHAM | A night of drinking, illegal drugs and an argument over payment for those drugs were a deadly mix for a 53-year-old Lansing man who was found beaten to death last month, prosecutors said.
James E. Cotton, 35, of 2653 W. 93rd Place, Evergreen Park, is charged with first-degree murder in the death of Romeo Burdine, of the 2100 block of 175th Street.
Cook County Judge James Rhodes on Thursday ordered a $750,000 cash bond for Cotton, who appeared at the Markham courthouse. His next scheduled court appearance is April 28.
Cotton and Burdine met up about 8:30 p.m. March 29 and agreed to go to Burdine's apartment, where they drank alcohol and smoked crack cocaine, said Tandra Simonton, spokeswoman for the Cook County state's attorney's office. At one point, after running out of cocaine, Burdine went out to purchase more. Sometime that night, or early the next morning, the two argued over payment, and Cotton allegedly began striking Burdine in the head, face and mouth with his fists and elbows.
Burdine apparently fought back, scratching and biting Cotton, Simonton said. After Cotton hit Burdine more than 15 times, Burdine stopped breathing. At that point, he allegedly attempted to destroy evidence by pouring bleach on the body.
Simonton said Cotton then took DVDs, a DVD player and Burdine's cell phone and traveled to Harvey, where he sold the stolen merchandise.
Police discovered Burdine's body March 30 after his family requested officers check on his well-being, she said.
The Cook County medical examiner's officer determined the death was a homicide due to assault and blunt force trauma resulting in cerebral injuries, according to the Cook County medical examiner's office.
During the investigation, police made contact with the people to whom Cotton sold Burdine's property, Simonton said.
Cotton was arrested Monday and gave investigators a statement at the Cook County Courthouse in Bridgeview, Simonton said.
http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/illinois/a...
A very Grim Fairy Tale, told by an idiot and signifying nothing.

Facts:
1. Crack Cocaine Addicts are never corpulent, as they regard Crack as more essential than Food.

2. Crack Cocaine would kill any person instantly who had the victim's medical profile. The victim did smoke cigarettes, and was liberal in his distribution of standard cigarettes to anyone who would ask, including property personnel, a trait that crack cocaine addicts hardly share. The victim was a very generous soul.

3. The victim never went out at night or anytime past sundown, as a rule, and thought that the 9:00 P.M. limit for the purchase of Illinois Lottery tickets too late an hour to be on 176th Pl.

4. The victim did not possess an automobile, but did receive rides from time to time from known friends, but only during the daylight hours. How, then, did he manage to find any source of additional drugs as stated, at the late hour specified, without the use of a car, and if walking was his only choice, shouldn't the Police be looking for the Dealer?

5. The victim had problems with a certain utility company that was billing him for service not his own, and used all available monies for the upkeep of his apartment, and the beautification of the rental property, with plants, flowers, Christmas Decorations, and general decorations, including the live plants he added to the common areas of the building.

Does this sound anything like a crack addict?

6. The perpetrator had more to gain than to lose by fabricating details as shown above to blame the victim.

7. Let God be the Judge.
Concerned parent

Flossmoor, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2010

Judged:

Response to Marketex: You are so correct. Romeo was always at home watching tv or on the patio when it was dark. I dont care what time I came in at night he would look out his patio. The only time he was out at night was on his patio. He also put up decoration for the holidays, an added plants to beautify his patio. Romeo habits were not crack addict habbits. So, a fist and elbow put a whole in his head? RIGHT. Why wasnt he picked up on the camera with the twins. HUM!!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2010

Judged:

Concerned parent wrote:
Response to Marketex: You are so correct. Romeo was always at home watching tv or on the patio when it was dark. I dont care what time I came in at night he would look out his patio. The only time he was out at night was on his patio. He also put up decoration for the holidays, an added plants to beautify his patio. Romeo habits were not crack addict habbits. So, a fist and elbow put a whole in his head? RIGHT. Why wasnt he picked up on the camera with the twins. HUM!!!!
Did you, as did I, receive the note from management regarding Romeo's demise, where CHAIN LOCKS were offered?

Why CHAIN LOCKS, if a mutually friendly arrival at the apartment, by two mutually acquainted persons, was the last entry to his apartment recorded, by what is described, in the note, as 24 hour 7 day surveillance cameras?

How would CHAIN LOCKS have prevented this tragedy, if as described by the confessed murderer?
A Hurting Neighbor

Glenwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2010

I'M OUTRAGED BY THESE COMMENTS ABOUT ROMEO. ROMEO WAS A NICE PERSON. I'M FLOORED BY THESE COMMENTS. ME AND MY FAMILY WILL MISS HIM!! IT IS SO SAD THAT ROMEO IS MADE OUT TO BE A CRACK HEAD. I WANT TO KNOW DID YOU KNOW HIM? HAVE YOU EVER TALKED TO HIM? JUDGE NOT!!!!! CAMERAS DON'T LIE!! ELBOWS DON'T PUT HOLES IN HEAD!! WE ALL NEED CHAIN LOCKS BECAUSE PEOPLE HAVE MASTER KEYS.AND ABOUT THIS NOTICE IT MISSED ME AND MY FAMILY.
give us the answer

Lansing, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2010

Judged:

A Hurting Neighbor wrote:
I'M OUTRAGED BY THESE COMMENTS ABOUT ROMEO. ROMEO WAS A NICE PERSON. I'M FLOORED BY THESE COMMENTS. ME AND MY FAMILY WILL MISS HIM!! IT IS SO SAD THAT ROMEO IS MADE OUT TO BE A CRACK HEAD. I WANT TO KNOW DID YOU KNOW HIM? HAVE YOU EVER TALKED TO HIM? JUDGE NOT!!!!! CAMERAS DON'T LIE!! ELBOWS DON'T PUT HOLES IN HEAD!! WE ALL NEED CHAIN LOCKS BECAUSE PEOPLE HAVE MASTER KEYS.AND ABOUT THIS NOTICE IT MISSED ME AND MY FAMILY.
Well, the story said he was smoking crack. Did he smoke crack on or not?
swayzer burdine

Saint Charles, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2010

my brother was whatever he was, just as we all are. i will not give credence to all the negativity which is so very unnecessary.
whatever journey he was embarking upon is between he and god almighty. one thing that warms my heart is that people like a davis, concerned parent, a hurting neighbor, my dear friend vigilante 77, concerned resident and martex all loved romeo. your prayers and thoughts reach me and romeo's family and we love you for it. we feel how much you loved him and say to you "god bless you".

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2010

Judged:

give us the answer wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, the story said he was smoking crack. Did he smoke crack on or not?
No, he did NOT smoke crack, as he couldn't even stand the strength of a CIGAR, which I smoke. He smoked MILD cigarettes, LITES, of some kind, Period.

Your entire information base that he smoked crack comes from his MURDERER!!

Can't you see how that guy would want his VICTIM to seem guilty of something so as to make it appear that he died from MUTUAL COMBAT?

Judges give less time if you survive Mutual Combat.

This is pure Defamation of Character of a deceased person who can no longer speak for himsel

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2010

Judged:

BTW........Toxicology reports take a minimum of 8-12 weeks to come back from the lab...6 weeks if you are real lucky.

How does ANYONE have sufficient evidence at this point, to establish the toxicity of any person, recently deceased, to the extent that they could widely publish defamatory reports such as this, this soon after the demise of a person whose family's legal rights of redress might be impaired by such publication?

God Bless Romeo, and his Family in this time of need.
swayzer burdine

Saint Charles, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2010

Judged:

marketex, thank you for your brilliant insight and unending support of your friend romeo...god bless you.
missin a true friend

Glenwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2010

Judged:

My prayers goes out to Romeo's family. I as well as my children truely miss our dear friend. i still cry because i dont see him in the morning/afternoon/night when i come home. We spoke to one another each day he was out when the kids went to school and when they came home. When i wasnt home he made sure they played in front of the apartment and didnt go far. He helped my son with his projects because he knew more about flowers than i did. I still look up at his balcony when i come home and it REALLY HURTS that he is not there to say Hey
Concerned parent

Flossmoor, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2010

Judged:

To the Burdine family. I say a prayer for you every night. Stay strong. My grandmother always said. "Lies die and the truth hurt". Dont let the negativity get you down. The truth shall come to light in the end. Cameras dont lie. RIP My dear friend ROMEO.
its me

Lansing, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2010

testing, no comment
Itsmetoo

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2010

its me wrote:
testing, no comment
Yours is hidden from view when I am signed in, and my last two posts to S Burdine, are only visible to me when I am signed in and invisible to all others.
Hmmmmm!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of37
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Dixmoor Discussions

Search the Dixmoor Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Blue Island Strong 11 min The truth 150
Crestwood officers 1 hr Big Guy 9
Chicago Ridge hasn't told businesses about plan... 1 hr oompah loompah 2
IL Who do you support for Secretary of State in Il... (Oct '10) 1 hr Chicagobunny 510
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 1 hr Chicagobunny 3,794
IL Who do you support for Treasurer in Illinois in... (Oct '10) 1 hr Chicagobunny 113
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr jimtownhounddogsniffing 47,209
•••
•••
•••
•••

Dixmoor Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Dixmoor People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance