May 14, 2013 city council meeting
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Lucas

United States

#24 May 17, 2013
Congrats to our new mayor--I have confidence in him.
Greg 121

Alsip, IL

#25 May 17, 2013
Watchdog Watcher wrote:
May I inquire as to how insensitive the masses are going to be?
There was an election and Mr. Vargas won.
Contrary to popular belief, he at least is creating a management structure.
I'm interested in how YOU are going to heed Mr. Vargas call to action and help resolve the issues of the past 20 years.
Standing behind a keyboard and complaining about things yet to happen doesn't help any situation.
Get involved!!!
Lend a hand and please become part of the solution.
If one put 1/10th of the effort into helping find solutions as one has put into kvetching about the past, then we would all benefit from your expertise, whatever it may be!
Remember the words of the French philosopher Voltaire:
"Not even God can change the past."
It is up to you and I to make the future, please choose wisely, I do.
By the way, I am active in making Blue island a better place to live regardless of the city leadership, please join me in doing the same.
Really you expect those who are complaining on these boards to help ? Or come up with ideas ? Most of those people don't even live here truth be told. Why would they do that instead they just hide behind different screen names and throw rocks ! From their glass homes !
Greg 121

Alsip, IL

#26 May 17, 2013
do tell wrote:
Please, tell us what the management structure is, and how you seem to know this. He's also had 20 years to help to create such a management structure, the same 20 years you talked about, so please do not act like he is suddenly a knight on a white horse. I wish him well, but do not expect a major change in his actions, or lack thereof. I think he has to earn a change of opinion by a change in his actions. I hope he CAN and DOES do something for a change.
Why don't you make the time to go to the city council and find out what's going on first hand instead of someone said this someone said that BECOME INVOLVED !
Watchdog watcher

Chicago, IL

#27 May 17, 2013
You just don't get it. It is called the Chicago way.
do tell

Midlothian, IL

#28 May 17, 2013
Greg 121 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you make the time to go to the city council and find out what's going on first hand instead of someone said this someone said that BECOME INVOLVED !
You seemed to respond to the wrong post. It says nothing about someone said this and someone said that. Mayor Vargas has had ONE meeting, and I was there. He didn't say a word about management structure. That is still my question. If you're some kind of insider, maybe you know what the third poster meant by that. Do tell!
BUILD BI2

United States

#29 May 17, 2013
It is up to each of us to try to make a positive difference in OUR city. Whether that is by calling out concerns with the new administration, working on committees, attending council meetings or posting issues on this forum. Besides, we all lknow who now runs the city council ...Candi Carr ...Bob Rita seeks her out for important decisions!
Get involved. Stay Informed. Hold them Accountable.
Total Recall

Chicago, IL

#30 May 17, 2013
Just The Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact Domingo has a lengthy history of failure as an alderman.
Fact Cook County States Attorney failed the public as a full participant in the cover up of the David Koschman case.
The evidence reveals these are well documented facts.
Watchdog watcher

Blue Island, IL

#31 May 18, 2013
CASA wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope they were chanting "Mexican power". Now all we have to do is to get them to re-open Manrique and Salgado cases.
The attorney mayor refuses to move blue island forward. He is stuck in neutral, just like when he was attorney alderman. Just look at him when you see him, he appears so bewildered.
He is waiting for his orders from Rita, until then, I guess will stay the course. Last night at 2300 hours he was in the teechmechocan restaurant, with his back against the wall stairring into space.
iwin

Northbrook, IL

#32 May 18, 2013
Watchdog watcher wrote:
<quoted text>The attorney mayor refuses to move blue island forward. He is stuck in neutral, just like when he was attorney alderman. Just look at him when you see him, he appears so bewildered.
He is waiting for his orders from Rita, until then, I guess will stay the course. Last night at 2300 hours he was in the teechmechocan restaurant, with his back against the wall stairring into space.
And your point is? The new mayor actually can be seen in town on a Friday night? That's fine with me.
I win too

AOL

#33 May 18, 2013
I agree. I would run into Mayor Peloquin often at Beggars so it's nice that this Mayor can be seen too!
Fooled again

Blue Island, IL

#34 May 18, 2013
I win too wrote:
I agree. I would run into Mayor Peloquin often at Beggars so it's nice that this Mayor can be seen too!
Why would you even write this nonsense? You are a Liar.
Beware

Blue Island, IL

#35 May 18, 2013
Watchdog watcher wrote:
<quoted text>
The attorney mayor refuses to move blue island forward. He is stuck in neutral, just like when he was attorney alderman. Just look at him when you see him, he appears so bewildered.
When mayor withers lost, his replacement only lasted several months. That is when John Rita became elected.

This could be a case of history repeating itself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dixmoor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Code Red... Powered by Topix 6 hr Face It 39
recount going for Hillary in wisconsin 8 hr Its black thing 8
Snow removal, 2014 (Feb '14) 9 hr Drain the BIIP Swamp 236
Grandma Fran Too Sick To Continue (May '16) 11 hr Civic Duty 31
Review: Public Moving and Storage 12 hr timothy 146
News Former Chicago Ridge police chief's pay soared ... (Sep '12) 13 hr Manhatan 257
Who is running for Mayor of Chicago Ridge? 16 hr not so easy 65

Dixmoor Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dixmoor Mortgages