Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-S...

Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

There are 52074 comments on the CBS2 story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions. In it, CBS2 reports that:

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS2.

Rage Poster

Saint Louis, MO

#55777 Jun 20, 2014
You people follow KiMare's every word. It's kind of like you people worship him.
Oh Ye followers of the Great KiMare I pity thee.
well

Lake Villa, IL

#55779 Jun 20, 2014
KiMare wrote:
When people see a ss couple standing next to a husband and wife with their children, do you really think they think those are the same relationships???
Smile.
Ummmm Sweet Pea...people with any brains know that all relationships are different. My husband and I have been married for 25 years, our relationship does not at all resemble our newlywed neighbors...or our back yard neighbors who fight constantly...or our other neighbors who chose not to have children...or our previous neighbors who were "swingers".

I thank my lucky stars that my marriage does not in any way resemble your marriage...I would never stay married to a "man" like you! Aren't ya glad we are all different?

What a boring World this would be if all people and all relationships were exactly alike - we aren't robots ya know...well you may be, but the rest of us are individuals.
Cali Girl 2014xt

Sylmar, CA

#55780 Jun 20, 2014
well wrote:
<quoted text>Ummmm Sweet Pea...people with any brains know that all relationships are different. My husband and I have been married for 25 years, our relationship does not at all resemble our newlywed neighbors...or our back yard neighbors who fight constantly...or our other neighbors who chose not to have children...or our previous neighbors who were "swingers".

I thank my lucky stars that my marriage does not in any way resemble your marriage...I would never stay married to a "man" like you! Aren't ya glad we are all different?

What a boring World this would be if all people and all relationships were exactly alike - we aren't robots ya know...well you may be, but the rest of us are individuals.
Well Said........"Well" :)
Rage Poster

Saint Louis, MO

#55781 Jun 20, 2014
Thank you for your comment. Here at the Church of KiMare we expect you to tithe.
Please send you cash, check or money order to:
Praise be to KiMare
700 Club street
Minnehaha MN 45672

May KiMare be with you.
well wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummmm Sweet Pea...people with any brains know that all relationships are different. My husband and I have been married for 25 years, our relationship does not at all resemble our newlywed neighbors...or our back yard neighbors who fight constantly...or our other neighbors who chose not to have children...or our previous neighbors who were "swingers".
well

Lake Villa, IL

#55782 Jun 20, 2014
Rage Poster wrote:
Thank you for your comment. Here at the Church of KiMare we expect you to tithe.
Please send you cash, check or money order to:
Praise be to KiMare
700 Club street
Minnehaha MN 45672
May KiMare be with you.
<quoted text>
The check is in the mail CDC! Don't hold your breath waiting for it though..I wouldn't want to be responsible for your untimely demise LOL. Any ways....tithing is for chumps!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#55783 Jun 20, 2014
Sharky wrote:
KiMare, what do you think of Jesus advice here?
"Do not judge so that you will not be judged. 2"For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you. 3"Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?
You are missapplying scripture.

The appropriate passage is, "you will know a tree by its fruit."

SS couples don't have any fruit.

Smile.
Ace

Benton, IL

#55784 Jun 20, 2014
Registered Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, dingleberry, the word homosexuality didn’t even exist until 1890. So for you to believe that it had a Hebrew, Aramaic or Greek equivalent in the original texts demonstrates how foolish you are. In addition, homosexuality is a characteristic, not an act. It can’t be “practiced”. So if these really are the words of your god, then he comes off sounding like as big a dumbass as his fanatic of followers.
But thanks for demonstrating how religious leaders have continued to alter the texts for their own personal agendas. And the sheep follow.
"the word homosexuality didn’t even exist until 1890)..... And neither did the word gay. As a kid being taught in school the word gay meant happy, jovial, in a great mood. Just how in the hell did the word gay get translated into homosexual? Homosexuals is anything but happy or jovial.

I agree that in modern day many word usages has changed it's meaning so ignorant like yourself can understand them easier!
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

#55785 Jun 20, 2014
Maybe try Bitcoin instead?
well wrote:
<quoted text>
The check is in the mail CDC! Don't hold your breath waiting for it though..I wouldn't want to be responsible for your untimely demise LOL. Any ways....tithing is for chumps!
Ace

Benton, IL

#55786 Jun 20, 2014
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Give us the original text; you know, not the english version.....Or do you think God gave us the Bible in English?
I can't help it that you are to stupid to realize that the King James version of the bible was translated from the Hebrew bible. And yes there is some differences, the gentiles had no chance of getting into heaven until Jesus died for our sins.

Hebrew - English Bible / Mechon-Mamre
www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt0.htm
Feb 2, 2014 - The whole Hebrew Bible in parallel verse by verse with the English translation of Jewish Publication Society edition of 1917.
&#8206;Hebrew Bible in English - &#8206;Leviticus Chapter 1 &#1493;&#1463;&#14 97;&#1460;&#1468;& #1511;&#1456;&#1512; &#1464;&#1488; - &#8206;I Kings chapter 1 - &#8206;Ruth 1

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#55787 Jun 20, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
Really? Cuz some gay couples are the fruitiest people I know.

Sucks to be KiMare, the bigoted hermaphrodite with an agenda (and no power over anyone's life).

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#55788 Jun 20, 2014
Ace wrote:
<quoted text> I can't help it that you are to stupid to realize that the King James version of the bible was translated from the Hebrew bible. And yes there is some differences, the gentiles had no chance of getting into heaven until Jesus died for our sins.
Hebrew - English Bible / Mechon-Mamre
www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt0.htm
Feb 2, 2014 - The whole Hebrew Bible in parallel verse by verse with the English translation of Jewish Publication Society edition of 1917.
&#8206;Hebrew Bible in English - &#8206;Leviticus Chapter 1 &#1493;&#1463;&#14 97;&#1460;&#1468;& #1511;&#1456;&#1512; &#1464;&#1488; - &#8206;I Kings chapter 1 - &#8206;Ruth 1
Thanks, but after 30 years of working for the Church, I think I know what I reference. Don't even get me started on the grammatical errors in your piece of sh1t disguised as a post, A$$, err...Ace.
Ace

Benton, IL

#55789 Jun 20, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
Matthew 7:15-20 ESV - A Tree and Its Fruit -“Beware of ...
www.biblegateway.com/passage/... ...
BibleGateway.com
A Tree and Its Fruit - 15 "Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits. Are grapes gathered from thorns, or figs from thistles? 17 So, every sound tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears evil fruit. 18 A sound tree cannot bear evil fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Thus you will know them by their fruits.
Ace

Benton, IL

#55790 Jun 20, 2014
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, but after 30 years of working for the Church, I think I know what I reference. Don't even get me started on the grammatical errors in your piece of sh1t disguised as a post, A$$, err...Ace.
Go for it big boy! My grammatical errors can easily be corrected. I knew my errors before i hit the post button, just didn't care. But you will always be a wolf in sheep clothing misleading people.
Sister Zealia

Tinley Park, IL

#55791 Jun 20, 2014
Ace wrote:
<quoted text>Matthew 7:15-20 ESV - A Tree and Its Fruit -“Beware of ...
www.biblegateway.com/passage/... ...
BibleGateway.com
A Tree and Its Fruit - 15 "Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits. Are grapes gathered from thorns, or figs from thistles? 17 So, every sound tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears evil fruit. 18 A sound tree cannot bear evil fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Thus you will know them by their fruits.
Galatians 5:22-23 (KJV) But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Calling people who disagree with you stupid .... which fruit is that?
well

Lake Villa, IL

#55792 Jun 20, 2014
God love ya Sister!
well

Lake Villa, IL

#55793 Jun 20, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>

Smile.
....and some couples should not bear fruit, such as a genetic chimera hermaphrodite.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#55794 Jun 20, 2014
Registered Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Normal people wouldn't be concerned with comparisons any more then they would be concerned with comparing any two married couples, with or without children. Normal people don't share your obsession Greg. In the same way that normal people wouldn't be making comparisons of the marriages of ugly people like you and your wife if you were standing next to a good looking married couple.
Keep dancing puppet, you're amusing the hell out of us.
When normal people see a gay couple, their sphincter muscle gets a charlie horse!

Everything in them says, "That's just wrong!!!"

But when two men want to be equated to a husband and wife, especially when they are also a mother and father, normal people HISTORICALLY have said, "That's some really dumb shit!"

Even more idiotic, is the idea that waving a piece of paper will change what people see and think.

Get real punk!

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#55795 Jun 20, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
When normal people see a gay couple, their sphincter muscle gets a charlie horse!
No, that's just you.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything in them says, "That's just wrong!!!"
!
No, that's just you.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
But when two men want to be equated to a husband and wife, especially when they are also a mother and father, normal people HISTORICALLY have said, "That's some really dumb !
No, that's just you.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Even more idiotic, is the idea that waving a piece of paper will change what people see and think.
Get real punk!
We don't have to wave our marriage certificate any more than you do. Their equal. That's why it's called marriage equality.
We know your opinion begs to differ, and we also know that you're completely irrelevant.
Sharky

Schenectady, NY

#55796 Jun 20, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
Au contraire, Fruit is deeds, acts. You are misapprehending scripture and being disingenuous. Gays do deeds and acts. The scripture I proffered you is most certainly enpointe. again disingenuous. Be that way, it's your problem.

I have to explain to my 7 year old what to do during a school shooting, but by all means keep freaking out about gay marriage.

I never saw you respond to this,an actual credentialed expert in Hebrew scripture. Personally I don't think you've made your case by using the Bible. You may personally not like it and that is your right, but scripture, both the old and new testaments do not support your position at all.

This is the problem with fundamental literalists, an uninformed misapprehension of ancient hebrew texts and then using them judgmentally to condemn other children of God. I'm sure you have a literal medievil 'understanding of satan and hell. right?
reread the Jesus warning against judging,

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rabbi-shmuly-ya...
lol

Salem, WI

#55797 Jun 20, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
as a straight married man with children, I am not a tree nor do I have any fruit. Other then some applesauce in the fridge and some bannanas and kiwi.I do have living breathing children, just like many gay men and women do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dixmoor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blue Island Addiction Recovery Home Shut Down (May '12) 1 hr Jim Mielke 148
News 1 dead, 6 wounded in city shootings 8 hr bozo 1
No Confidence in the BI Independent Party 8 hr Clean Up 31
Ridgefest and traffic fines 10 hr Bernie 1
News Arrest Warrants: Wanted in Tinley Park (Feb '12) 14 hr jojo 4
Main bangers in blue island (Dec '11) 15 hr Intelligent 39
Mayor Domingo Vargas Contrite at July 12, 2016 ... 21 hr Impressive 70

Dixmoor Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance