Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CBS2

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Comments
45,801 - 45,820 of 48,913 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2014

Judged:

CDC wrote:
If you did not intend it as a symbol of hate then I apologize.
Most Christians would be at least be very offended by it.
<quoted text>
What aren't "Christians" offended by?
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2014

HA HA You caught me.:)
well wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, now CDC is that the way you talk at the Kingdom Hall?
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2014

I am pretty sure mutual respect would not be offensive.
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2014

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't that SO true!!

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2014

CDC wrote:
I am pretty sure mutual respect would not be offensive.
<quoted text>
And by mutual respect do you mean that Christians would no longer wear Christian related jewelry and Christian related clothing so that I don't have to be offended by their constant need to force feed their religion on me? Maybe we can get rid of all those bible and church billboards too, that would be a great start.

Yeah, Christians love to be bothered by anything that contradicts their believe system, but they sure don't care about how their belief system is just as offensive to those that don't share it. They think it's perfectly fine to have Christian related advertisements blaring through my TV, but you just know that if there were a commercial where an atheist organization stated quite frankly on THEIR television that god is a made up being, they would be all over the TV station calling for bans and what not.

Reminds me of the State Park Hotel in Georgia recently. As a state owned facility, a guest complained that there was a bible in his room. So the hotel decided to remove the bibles from the rooms, given that it was a state building. Oh, the Christians went ballistic over that. How dare a hotel not force feed all their guests with Christian bibles?!! So the hotel instead put the bibles back, but also put Atheist books in the drawer with it. They were donated just like the bibles. Oh, those Christians, and even the Georgia governor went ballistic over that as well. How DARE anything that reflects another point of view be placed in a room with a bible!!!!!!!

Yeah, tell me another one about Christians and their love of "mutual" respect.
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2014

You do have issues.
Registered Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
And by mutual respect do you mean that Christians would no longer wear Christian related jewelry and Christian related clothing so that I don't have to be offended by their constant need to force feed their religion on me? Maybe we can get rid of all those bible and church billboards too, that would be a great start.
Yeah, Christians love to be bothered by anything that contradicts their believe system, but they sure don't care about how their belief system is just as offensive to those that don't share it. They think it's perfectly fine to have Christian related advertisements blaring through my TV, but you just know that if there were a commercial where an atheist organization stated quite frankly on THEIR television that god is a made up being, they would be all over the TV station calling for bans and what not.
Reminds me of the State Park Hotel in Georgia recently. As a state owned facility, a guest complained that there was a bible in his room. So the hotel decided to remove the bibles from the rooms, given that it was a state building. Oh, the Christians went ballistic over that. How dare a hotel not force feed all their guests with Christian bibles?!! So the hotel instead put the bibles back, but also put Atheist books in the drawer with it. They were donated just like the bibles. Oh, those Christians, and even the Georgia governor went ballistic over that as well. How DARE anything that reflects another point of view be placed in a room with a bible!!!!!!!
Yeah, tell me another one about Christians and their love of "mutual" respect.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2014

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
No silly, a marriage that produces life, not a ss relationship that is absolutely barren totally desolate!
There could not be a more graphic difference!
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like two senior citizens?
You really want to defend all ss couples by equating them to old married couples who have already procreated?

Don't forget sick couples and couples who have a choice! Yeah, that will equate barren ss couples to the over 90% of couples who do procreate!

Snicker.

SMirk.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2014

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
No, intercourse with successful fertilization produces life.
But even THAT can be done without marriage. People have been creating bastard children for centuries.
Wow, two shocking statements...

It still does nothing to address this;

No silly, a marriage that produces life, not a ss relationship that is absolutely barren totally desolate!

Smile.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2014

Registered Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually there could not be a more graphic exhibition of your stupidity.
Marriage doesn't produce life moron. Marriage and procreation are two different things.....well at least in the real world. In your little sissy fit world they are probably the same thing. But no one but you cares about your little sissy fit world.
Poor Gregory Kirschmann. All his rants and sissy fits, and not one of them makes our marriages any less real than his. On top of that, our spouses don't have to be let outside to go to the bathroom like his does.
Oh here we go again, "marriage and procreation are two different things". Really.

Yes, did you grow up with your mom and dad? See how that is connected?

It never is in ss relationships. Never.
truth

Granite City, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2014

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh here we go again, "marriage and procreation are two different things". Really.
Yes, I grew up with my mom and dad. No, they were not married. What's your point again?
truth

Granite City, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2014

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
What about lesbians who use the turkey baster method? They can be married and have children.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2014

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I grew up with my mom and dad. No, they were not married. What's your point again?
If your claim is true, it is the exception.

You know exactly what my point is.

Change your handle.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2014

truth wrote:
<quoted text>
What about lesbians who use the turkey baster method? They can be married and have children.
It doesn't change the fact that their personal relationship NEVER procreates.

A marriage can and normally does.

Not to mention that children prefer it.
truth

Granite City, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2014

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
If your claim is true, it is the exception.
You know exactly what my point is.
Change your handle.
Why would I change. I was using it first.

No, I don't know what your point is. Marriage and procreation are two different things. almost half of the kids born today are born to non-married people.
truth

Granite City, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2014

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know children prefer it. Do you have some stats to back that up?

Marriage and procreation are two different things. There is no requirement for marriage to procreate or requirement of procreation for marriage.
truth

Granite City, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2014

Not only that, but most children would probably prefer eating pixie sticks to vegetables, but so what? Many of them would probably prefer having a pet elephant to a cat. What children want and what is right are two separate concepts. Once again, your logic is a fail.
truth

Granite City, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2014

Also, the question isn't would you prefer a mom and dad or two mommies. The question would be would you prefer two mommies or to have never been born, because according to Kimare gay people can't procreate.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2014

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
It's going to be a crappy day when you realize that you're entirely out of step with reality, and mainstream opinions.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2014

truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would I change. I was using it first.
No, I don't know what your point is. Marriage and procreation are two different things. almost half of the kids born today are born to non-married people.
Intimacy and marriage are two different things. It occurs within and without marriage.

The point you are pretending ignorance?

Marriage entails numerous elements that can exist individually. But combined together, they fulfill the definition of marriage.

Ss couples fail to fulfill the elements of marriage.

You sold your soul and belied your handle to cover your denial. That is 'truth'.

Sad.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2014

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
truth wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know children prefer it. Do you have some stats to back that up?
Marriage and procreation are two different things. There is no requirement for marriage to procreate or requirement of procreation for marriage.
Your mother and father don't hold special significance?

Why do adopted children often seek out their birth parents?

Two examples of countless, that expose really idiotic denial on your part. Stupid and immature.

Why would there need to be a 'requirement' for something married couples normally need protection to prevent??? Do you understand how idiotic that manufactured demand is?

Not to mention the distinction it rises between marriage and gay couples: Gay couples NEED protection to have an abusive, harmful imitation of intercourse that NEVER results in procreation!!!

That is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Smile.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Dixmoor Discussions

Search the Dixmoor Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Passing of Frank Gassmere 4 min C is for Cancer 7
State Rep 28th Bob Rita is not addressing the ... 57 min J T L U K 5
Why Kurtz? A for profit company 2 hr Fire Department 7
Four Dead in Bridgeview Head-On Collision 2 hr Bridgeview resident 71
Oak Lawn fire chief to also run Chicago Ridge FD 4 hr Part Time FD 20
I grew up in Midlothian Facebook Page (Jul '13) 4 hr who cares 83
Ridge Fest (Aug '09) 5 hr Charles not in charge 53
•••
•••