Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CBS2

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Comments
45,121 - 45,140 of 48,944 Comments Last updated 12 hrs ago
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Earth Angel wrote:
i wonder if Xavier and CaliGirl14 take any time off from work for Christmas
they both don't believe in Christmas ( so much for CaliGirl14 being a Christian )
they both don't believe veterans should get Christmas cards
they both don't believe in kids singing carols in school
so why should either of them get time off with pay for a holiday they don't believe in ?
i wonder what CaliGirl14 pastor would say about her posts ?
i see a religious lecture in her future someday from her pastor
Telling lies is why your side loses in court.

A federal judge in Texas struck down the state’s ban on same-sex marriage on Wednesday, ruling that the laws restricting marriage to a man and a woman violated the United States Constitution, handing gay-rights advocates a major legal victory in one of the nation’s biggest and most conservative states.

The judge wrote that the amendment to the state Constitution that Texas voters approved in 2005 defining marriage as between a man and a woman — and two similar laws passed in 1997 and 2003 — denied gay couples the right to marry and demeaned their dignity “for no legitimate reason.”

“Without a rational relation to a legitimate governmental purpose, state-imposed inequality can find no refuge in our United States Constitution,” wrote Judge Orlando L. Garcia of United States District Court for the Western District of Texas, in San Antonio.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
thanks Scott great post
worth repeating it.
Yes, we all know how fundamentalists think lies are worth repeating.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
giving a Christmas card to a veteran or singing songs to their parents is promoting religion ?
that is a stretch even for a hater like you
Who said anything about Christmas cards? You were talking about Christian cards. Two different things. Please try and keep up with your own propaganda.
Earth Angel wrote:
i remember kids who couldn't send christian cards to veterans
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/johnston-city...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because we are not evil.
That's you opinion. It's not shared by many people.
Cali Girl 14

Reseda, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>you're not a Christian so i'm not surprised that you don't care about religious songs.
and go ahead tell me how much you care about the veterans
because if you do then you dispute what Xavier is saying..
and you'll be admitting i'm right
LOL and you wont do that like Xavier you're guided by hating me rather then the facts
My grandson is in public school, it's
only fair to the non Christians to not
Push Jesus.They did Jewish songs
and Kwanza too.You need to go back
to the 40's where you belong.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
It's ok for you to force your gay agenda on school kids though. Correct!!!
Depends on what you are categorizing as an agenda. We want truth taught. Your anti-gay sentiments are religious, not truth. Let us know what about homosexuality shouldn't be mentioned or taught, and why, based upon scientific and non-religious standards.

We'll wait right here for your insightful response!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Earth Angel wrote:
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Christmas is fine for your home, business or for your church. It does NOT belong in public schools. It's already clearly OBVIOUS that the schools have done a terrible job teaching about our government and how it works.
Scott wrote <quoted text>
It's ok for you to force your gay agenda on school kids though. Correct!!!
great come back Scott
you exposed not only his hate but also the gay agenda for what it is.
He exposed no such thing. Let us know when you or Scotty can provide non-religious reasons why homosexuality should not be mentioned and referenced in the public school system. Get right back to us on that clod!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
No but it's forcing your creepiness on other people.
Facts don't force anything on anyone, other than understanding and enlightenment. We know how you fundies hate those two things, but, the public school system isn't interested in what your religion finds to be creepy. Your religion finds anything that disagrees with it as creepy. That's not our problem, it's yours.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
so teaching small kids gay sex is ok
Small kids aren't taught about sex in the public school system moron.
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
but sending a Christmas card to a veteran is wrong.
Only if it is sponsored through the tax payer funded school system and the Christmas card favors one religion over another. If you want to send a Christmas card to a veteran, knock yourself out. Nothing wrong with that at all. It's presumptive that the recipient will share your religious beliefs, but then, you don't really care about that now do you.
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
yep gay agenda
Nope, just more of your propaganda.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no lies in here it's all true, all the facts are there but you can look it up yourself.
I've looked it up before. You seem to think you're the first to cut and paste religious propaganda. You aren't.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you think schools should advance your gay agenda?
Well, once you and your fellow fundies can describe this mythical "agenda" in detail, that's a fairly vague question. Why don't you present some of the items from this supposed agenda, and we'll address them point by point.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

well wrote:
I am going to bare my soul and unburden myself for a moment here...
I was raised in the Church, I found Church to be a safe place, comforting, a place of love.
In the past 30 years I have watched as Church became political...no longer is Gods love in those buildings. They teach hatred, intolerance, bigotry...not a shred of compassion to be found inside those walls or the people who sit in the pews. Oh sure, they tout themselves to be good Christians doing good works...ahhh but not in the way the Bible commands them to. There is always a price for their supposed good works and many are harmed in the process, while the "good Christians" pat themselves on the back for a job well done..
It saddens me that my grand children will never know the comfort, peace and love once found in a Church. I am thankful that spiritual fulfillment can be found without a Church or Religion. At least they can be taught the true meaning of Gods Word and not the twisted version now being preached all over.
You so called Christians should be ashamed of what you have turned into.
I'm saddened that the hatred of many churches has turned you off from all organized Christian religion. There are many Christian churches that do now share this message of hate and intolerance. I'm glad that you have found spiritual fulfillment, that is important. I hope that you find others that share your views, and that you can find a place of gathering that affirms you and your grand children.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Judged:

Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
and yet you respond to EVERY post i make when none of them were meant for you.
Another lie. I don't have the time to respond to EVERY post you make, given the shear outlandish volume of them. As for which posts I respond to, that is my choice. If you don't wish to see a response to your posts, then post them on a private message board.
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
And almost none of your post to me get a response from me.
Do you think this surprises me or anyone else?!!! My responses call your foolishness on the table, and demonstrate what a moron you are. You're inability to provide any refutation to them is not unexpected. I don't care if you respond. I only care about exposing your lies, deceitfulness, and hypocrisy. Doing that doesn't require your response.
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
ROTFL you are a tool who can't resist paying attention to me.
I pay no attention to you at all. I pay attention to what you type out, and then I expose where you're full of shit.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Judged:

well wrote:
<quoted text>
Good question...I keep looking for "gay agenda" I'd like to have a copy to see what all the hubbub is about but I guess they don't have it on amazon.
You can find it here. It's a fundamentalist Christian's worst nightmare.

http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/con...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Judged:

Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a feeling your stories are slanted and not really true.
LOL!!!! This from the same poster who presented the following:

* That Sylvia Rivera started the Stonewall Riots!

* That two men marrying in Wisconsin is ILLEGAL!

* That he doesn't post nearly as many posts as Dusty!

* That evolution is based on strength!

* That AIDS is a disease and can be spread!

* That all gays are atheists!

* That all gays are lazy!

* That anal sex is harmful!

* That more gays than straight people have AIDS!

Oh, the list is endless!!!! Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Judged:

Cali Girl 14 wrote:
<quoted text>
I just went to my grandson's "Holiday"
program,the kids sang Christmas
songs, just no Jesus songs.It was
only fair,.
I see, so your grandson's school is participating in the "War on Christmas"!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!

Cali Girl, I adore you!!! Hey, not sure if you are into documentaries or not, but I think you might enjoy this one. You can get it on Netflix. It's called "Fish out of Water". It's only about 1/2 hour long. I saw it last night and thought of you.
well

Round Lake, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Judged:

Registered Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm saddened that the hatred of many churches has turned you off from all organized Christian religion. There are many Christian churches that do now share this message of hate and intolerance. I'm glad that you have found spiritual fulfillment, that is important. I hope that you find others that share your views, and that you can find a place of gathering that affirms you and your grand children.
Thank you...we left the Church when our kids were small. I will be damned if I am going to let any Church teach my sweet grand children hatred and intolerance.

They will be taught The Golden Rule, to love one another, and compassion.
Cali Girl 14

Reseda, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Judged:

Registered Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>I see, so your grandson's school is participating in the "War on Christmas"!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!

Cali Girl, I adore you!!! Hey, not sure if you are into documentaries or not, but I think you might enjoy this one. You can get it on Netflix. It's called "Fish out of Water". It's only about 1/2 hour long. I saw it last night and thought of you.
I will watch it on Netflix tonight...
Thank you....:)
Cali Girl 14

Reseda, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Judged:

well wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you...we left the Church when our kids were small. I will be damned if I am going to let any Church teach my sweet grand children hatred and intolerance.

They will be taught The Golden Rule, to love one another, and compassion.
Great post Well.....me too, only I found
a church who embraces diversity.You
just have to be a believer, and a good
person.All are welcome.
Earth Angel

Kenosha, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it you Christians think public schools should advance your religion?
You didn't lose your freedom of religion. You lost your mind, if you ever had one.
here is the proof that you claim you never spoken out against

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Dixmoor Discussions

Search the Dixmoor Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
park district 3 hr BI RESIDENT 1
time for a change in midlo park dist 4 hr Chet 11
Police officers leaving 4 hr Zack Grahm 22
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 5 hr skwirts 3,835
Jewel to close third week of June (Apr '09) 5 hr Yes 361
Mayor Domingo Vargass Increased Taxes 4.9% Happ... (Jan '14) 6 hr Fallout 60
Oak Lawn fire chief to also run Chicago Ridge FD 6 hr spoiled brats 33
•••
•••
•••
•••

Dixmoor Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••