Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

There are 51742 comments on the CBS2 story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions. In it, CBS2 reports that:

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS2.

Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#52311 Feb 27, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<
They are certainly not a legit religion believing in an after life that includes a possibility of heaven for its believers and a hell for sinners.
Geez..... I guess that leaves out Jews, too. You are an ignorant fool.
Scott

Manhattan, IL

#52312 Feb 27, 2014
Toughguy wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. It is recognized by the US military. They have given Satanic funerals as they are required to do by law.
You are WRONG!!!!!!!!!
Ace

Christopher, IL

#52313 Feb 27, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
they only love religion when they can get something out of it
such as a day off from work with pay on Christmas
they are still trying to get acceptance for their gay marriage from churches
some will only because they want money in their collection plate
but you can't buy your way into heaven and someday they'll that.
only then will they realize their marriage is worthless
I see you are still hanging in there, even though Jesus has given up on the fairy cumdumpsters.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#52314 Feb 27, 2014
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I am doing things correct by the BIBLE like GOD says.
correc according to the intetf the bible that you agree with. that's why there's so many different denominations within christianity. even earth angel acknowledges this.

each denomination takes it's on "license" if you will on the word of God and puts it's own "spin" on those words.

also, there's been hundreds of different translations done through the centuries of the bible. as our use of language changes, so do the words within the bible. one example is we, by and large, don't use "thee" and "thou" or "begat" in our average conversations. so, sometime in the last century, those words were replaced with the more modern usage. there's also the fact that human kind's understanding of those ancient languages has grown immensely just in the last half century. this results in understanding more completely what is meant in certain passages (particularly since the publishers of the bibles no longer use outdated terms).

i get that not everyone will agree on which church, which denomination is "right". i don't feel animosity or threatened by other churches or denominations take on what the bible says and doesn't say. i've never had the knee-jerk reaction that i've heard (and read) from some fundamentalists saying "you're goin' to hay-yull 'cuz you go there or believe like that" or, more frustrating "you're no christian if you don't believe just like i do". those kinds of pronouncements aren't for mere mankind to make. we don't know who's names appear in God's book as acceptable. we cannot peer into someone else's mind, heart or soul and know what resides there. heck, we can't even agree on what the other persons words mean when they speak!

and all that....that's why there's a separation of secular laws and church canon. there can be no state sanctioned religion or interpretation of religion because we're all guaranteed the right to make that decision for ourselves. and sometimes, those decisions, those beliefs, will cme into conflict with what someone else believes. it's just up to us to accept those differences and try to live in peace together under the protections offered and guaranteed by the US Constitution.
Cali Girl 14

Idyllwild, CA

#52315 Feb 27, 2014
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>You are WRONG!!!!!!!!!
http://www.religionfacts.com/satanism/index.h...
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#52316 Feb 27, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
i never said it couldn't happen
but i did say you never been to Texas at least i have.
Even circus clowns can back peddle.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#52317 Feb 27, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
they only love religion when they can get something out of it
such as a day off from work with pay on Christmas
they are still trying to get acceptance for their gay marriage from churches
some will only because they want money in their collection plate
but you can't buy your way into heaven and someday they'll that.
only then will they realize their marriage is worthless
What is worthless is your opinion. You've proven yourself to be a liar and a bigot.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#52318 Feb 27, 2014
Registered Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I see. Believing in a heaven and hell is what establishes a "legit" religion!!!!! LMAO!!!!!!
re·li·gion [ri-lij-uhn] Show IPA
noun
1. a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.
2 a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects: the Christian religion; the Buddhist religion.
3 the body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices: a world council of religions.
4.the life or state of a monk, nun, etc.: to enter religion.
5. the practice of religious beliefs; ritual observance of faith.
NOPE, no afterlife required in order to qualify as a religion!!!! Just because your silly religion has an afterlife, doesn't mean they all do.
Oh, and here's another little tidbit for you. As a fundamentalist Christian, you don't have any authority in stating what religions are legit or not. Choke on that dear.
Satanism IS a religion, by religion's definition. Your opinions of it are completely irrelevant.
Gee, I seem to remember recently you bitching and moaning about definitions of words, and now here you are trying to change definitions to suit your own purposes. Such a hypocrite.
Can you believe the hubris of this turd? What an idiot!
Ace

Christopher, IL

#52319 Feb 27, 2014
Cali Girl 14 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am for equality.....That's all there
is to say.
Your support may send you to hell? My opinion, one day we will all have to answer for the way we vote. Gods words is more powerful that mans words.
Mans law says you can drink alcohol if you are 21 years old.
Gods law, drunkenness won't get into heaven.
Personally I bow down to the higher power.
Scott

Manhattan, IL

#52320 Feb 27, 2014
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
correc according to the intetf the bible that you agree with. that's why there's so many different denominations within christianity. even earth angel acknowledges this.
each denomination takes it's on "license" if you will on the word of God and puts it's own "spin" on those words.
also, there's been hundreds of different translations done through the centuries of the bible. as our use of language changes, so do the words within the bible. one example is we, by and large, don't use "thee" and "thou" or "begat" in our average conversations. so, sometime in the last century, those words were replaced with the more modern usage. there's also the fact that human kind's understanding of those ancient languages has grown immensely just in the last half century. this results in understanding more completely what is meant in certain passages (particularly since the publishers of the bibles no longer use outdated terms).
i get that not everyone will agree on which church, which denomination is "right". i don't feel animosity or threatened by other churches or denominations take on what the bible says and doesn't say. i've never had the knee-jerk reaction that i've heard (and read) from some fundamentalists saying "you're goin' to hay-yull 'cuz you go there or believe like that" or, more frustrating "you're no christian if you don't believe just like i do". those kinds of pronouncements aren't for mere mankind to make. we don't know who's names appear in God's book as acceptable. we cannot peer into someone else's mind, heart or soul and know what resides there. heck, we can't even agree on what the other persons words mean when they speak!
and all that....that's why there's a separation of secular laws and church canon. there can be no state sanctioned religion or interpretation of religion because we're all guaranteed the right to make that decision for ourselves. and sometimes, those decisions, those beliefs, will cme into conflict with what someone else believes. it's just up to us to accept those differences and try to live in peace together under the protections offered and guaranteed by the US Constitution.
The US constitution doesn't mean squat because it has been destroyed by the pot smokin' hippie go free free left wing wackos.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#52321 Feb 27, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
you never been to Texas have you ?
I have that is why i know how silly your statements are
and actually my link was about Az
i live in texas - i have since 1962. i remember way long time ago - Texas was a blue state.

then the idiots and zealots took over because they didn't like being told to integrate their schools. and since then, it's been one knee-jerk reaction to another.

but rest assured, texas is going blue. some projections show as early as 2016. the populace is changing. the domegraphics have and are changing.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#52322 Feb 27, 2014
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Fine, if reminding you that you have no authority over others constitutes a "gay agenda", then that's my "gay agenda".
You're powerless over marriage equality. We've won the battle, and the war. There will be marriage equality in the remainder of the states; it's just a matter of time.
I suppose I should thank your, really. You do more to help marriage equality than you'll ever know. People like you are the reason that several RED states are teetering on becoming BLUE states. Wait until Texas falls and you conservatives are going to need to change your Depends brand undergarments.
in facebook, there's several groups that are actively working to change texas to a blue state - with some great results.

if you're on facebook, check out the group called "what happens in texas". some interesting discussions. it's a closed group that is run by 2 administrators.
Scott

Manhattan, IL

#52323 Feb 27, 2014
Ace wrote:
<quoted text> Your support may send you to hell? My opinion, one day we will all have to answer for the way we vote. Gods words is more powerful that mans words.
AMEN to that!
Scott

Manhattan, IL

#52324 Feb 27, 2014
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
i live in texas - i have since 1962. i remember way long time ago - Texas was a blue state.
then the idiots and zealots took over because they didn't like being told to integrate their schools. and since then, it's been one knee-jerk reaction to another.
but rest assured, texas is going blue. some projections show as early as 2016. the populace is changing. the domegraphics have and are changing.
The whole country is turning blue and pretty soon it will be turning orange with HELL FIRE.
Cali Girl 14

Idyllwild, CA

#52325 Feb 27, 2014
Ace wrote:
<quoted text>Your support may send you to hell? My opinion, one day we will all have to answer for the way we vote. Gods words is more powerful that mans words.
If the worst sin I commit is being for
equality,I will take my chances.
Cali Girl 14

Idyllwild, CA

#52326 Feb 27, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>Geez..... I guess that leaves out Jews, too. You are an ignorant fool.
lol...He forgot the Jews because he
doesn't acknowledge their religion ..
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#52327 Feb 27, 2014
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
The US constitution doesn't mean squat because it has been destroyed by the pot smokin' hippie go free free left wing wackos.
if you don't believe in the US Constitution or in it's premise of freedom for all, you're free to leave and find a country with laws more in line with your feelings.

good luck.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#52328 Feb 27, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you believe the hubris of this turd? What an idiot!
Seriously!! I used to think that Brian_G was the stupidest Topix poster, then this imposter Earth Angel Forrest Gump turns up!!!

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#52329 Feb 27, 2014
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
The Constitution trumps your religion. It always will. That's why you fundie wackos hate it so much. You're the most un-American citizens this country has.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#52330 Feb 27, 2014
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
The whole country is turning blue and pretty soon it will be turning orange with HELL FIRE.
"the sky is falling! the sky is falling!"

scott, the zealots have been crying that since women demanded the right to vote and won. but then, the zealots that want to control everythign and everyone will cry about just about everything they don't like and hurts their feelings.

on a more personal note, do you realize how crazy you appear when you post things like you just did? do you realize that your credibility just dropped below sewer level?

you're entitled to your religious belief - we all recognize this. but really. seriously. you might want to find someone reasonable to talk to. maybe the priest at the local catholic church or pastor at your local ELCA church for starters - and they probably won't demand a payment either.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dixmoor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trial Begins in Nearly Six-Year-Old Oak Forest ... 10 min concerned citizen 10
Edward Moody (Mar '14) 25 min Day 16
HUGE shakeup in District #228 1 hr Timmy 10
When are the new officials being sworn in? 2 hr Pipsqueek_Magee 28
New CH Police Chief 2 hr Florenzo 1
News Jury Sides with Sheriff's Cops in Lawsuit over ... 2 hr MILF ALERT 4
Looking for District 228 parents 4 hr George 6
More from around the web

Dixmoor People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE