Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-S...

Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

There are 52072 comments on the CBS2 story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions. In it, CBS2 reports that:

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS2.

Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#52191 Feb 26, 2014
Registered Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be a "huge mistake"? Really? LOL!!!! And yet, this is the very way you judge gay people.
I love it when the hypocrisy of fundamentalists can be so blatantly demonstrated.
Carry on moron.
this is what happens when someone like you who has an attention disorder then tries to jump in the middle of a conversation he doesn't understand at all.

the church difference someone had a problem with was about speaking in tongues.
It had nothing to do with SIN which is what gay sex is.

Had you paid any attention at all you would have known that.
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#52192 Feb 26, 2014
antiobama wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok I don't care about gays to each their own, But all I'm saying if a person gives an opinion about their View on the subject and their opinion doesn't coincide with yours you say hateful thing about that person if a person doesn't agree with gay marriages so what let them have that right. If you are ok with the gays rights to marriage or whatever they do then it's only fair that you are ok with the people that are against it; it's not a one way street you you preach equal rights well you need to practice what you preach, because it's not considered equal rights to only let one side have their rights. You tell how that's fair, but I know you won't all you will do is only see your views and nobody else's you have consider everyone's views not just your own, they call that selfish hypocrite. So before you go and bash someone's opinions just think about their feeling, as well as the feelings of gays of which you only defend.
Hey CaliGirl14 are you listening to this guy ?
he has it right.
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#52193 Feb 26, 2014
oh my wrote:
There's a whole log of hate being thrown about here and thats a shame. I honestly believe the reason the government doesn't want same sex marriage is because of taxes. Single people pay more taxed than married people . If gay folks marry there will ne less money bring paid in. That's just my thought on this subject.
a different angle then mine but very true,.
thank you for sharing a good point.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#52194 Feb 26, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
really had me fooled
i remember kids who couldn't send christian cards to veterans
i remember kids who couldn't sing Christmas carols in school
i think we lost our freedom of religion a long time ago thanks to people like you.
guys like you are the real haters
Why is it you Christians think public schools should advance your religion?

You didn't lose your freedom of religion. You lost your mind, if you ever had one.
Cali Girl 14

Los Angeles, CA

#52195 Feb 26, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>Hey CaliGirl14 are you listening to this guy ?
he has it right.
Go talk to someone who cares about
It.
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#52196 Feb 26, 2014
Scott wrote:
Keep Children Home From School on GLSEN's Day of Silence April 11, 2014
Written By Laurie Higgins
The Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network (GLSEN) seeks again to exploit captive audiences and disrupt instructional time in public schools for the purposes of transforming the moral and political views of other people's children through the Day of Silence (DOS). Parents, however, do not have to sit by and passively accept this political action in the class. On the DOS, they can keep their children home.
GLSEN promotes the DOS as a bullying-prevention program. If that were its true goal, IFI and every one of the organizations who are urging parents to keep their children home would support the DOS.
Unfortunately, the ultimate goal of GLSEN and those who promote the DOS is to eradicate conservative moral beliefs. And they are using public schools to achieve that end, thus transforming education into indoctrination.
Every year middle and high schools see a new crop of students whose parents naively believe that public schools value diversity, honor all voices, foster critical thinking, and remain neutral on controversial social issues. Many parents have no idea the extent to which pro-homosexuality propaganda pervades our schools. And many have never heard of the Day of Silence.
Here are just some of the ways public elementary, middle, and high schools are treating the controversial topics of homosexuality and gender confusion:
Increasing numbers of schools are allowing gender-confused students to share restrooms with students of the opposite sex, including even elementary schools.
Teachers-who are, of course, government employees-are being forced by the government to lie by being compelled to refer to gender-confused students by pronouns that designate the opposite sex.
Girls are being permitted to run for prom king, and boys are being permitted run for prom queen.
Elementary schools are marching in "gay" pride parades.
California schools are legally required to teach positively about homosexuality and gender confusion in all social studies classes in grades 6-12, and all resources that espouse dissenting views are by law prohibited.
Schools-including elementary schools-promote Leftist views of homosexuality and gender confusion in sex ed curricula and in presentations about "family diversity."
Elementary schools make picture books that depict homosexuality positively available to children in their libraries.
Schools host dances for homosexual students.
Teachers actively promote the legal recognition of same-sex pseudo-marriages.
School theater departments mount productions of The Laramie Project,Zanna, Don't!, and Rent, and English teachers teach Angels in America, The Laramie Project, and The Perks of Being a Wallflower.
Film teachers show Brokeback Mountain.
Schools promote the normalization of homosexuality and gender confusion through Spirit Day, Ally Week, National Coming Out Day, "LGBT" History Month, "LGBT" Pride Month, and the queen of all homosexuality-affirming days: the Day of Silence.
And what do conservatives do in response? Virtually nothing. There is, however, something easy they can do. If their children's schools permit students to refuse to speak on the DOS, they can keep their children home.
Keeping their children home on the Day of Silence is an easy, safe way for parents to express to school administrations, faculty, and school boards that they-parents-oppose the promotion of non-factual Leftist beliefs about disordered sexuality in their schools to their children.
Every student absence costs schools money, and that matters much more to school administrators and school boards than the beliefs and feelings of conservative parents.
thanks Scott great post
worth repeating it.
LOL i even noticed the haters posted on it too.
What tools by doing that they wound up repeating it
ok Dusty and CaliGirl14 its your turn to be a tool and unwittingly repeat it.
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#52197 Feb 26, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it you Christians think public schools should advance your religion?
You didn't lose your freedom of religion. You lost your mind, if you ever had one.
giving a Christmas card to a veteran or singing songs to their parents is promoting religion ?
that is a stretch even for a hater like you

i wonder how many veterans here would agree with you.
that some GI in a war zone would rather not be remembered with a card from a school kid

or how many parent in here who loves hearing their child sing suddenly be denied hearing their kid preform songs of Christmas joy.

a hater like you would take that away from them. You really are a hate person
forgetting the gay for a moment.
You just are full of hate. Total hate for kids and veterans. That is the kind of person you are.
That kind of hate has nothing to do with gays,.

Your here not because of the gay issue. You are here just to spread your filth and hate.
I hope ClaiGirl14 gets a real close look at these post of yours so she sees what real hate looks like. And its all you.
Cali Girl 14

Los Angeles, CA

#52198 Feb 26, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>thanks Scott great post
worth repeating it.
Propaganda...
Scott

Manhattan, IL

#52199 Feb 26, 2014
<quoted text>
We won't even address all the blatent lies in the above post. Everyone knows fundies are liars already.
YES, fundies, please KEEP your children home on these days. Nothing helps further ostracize your children from their peers then when you make them pawns in your agendas!!! Your need to have your children feel even more removed from their peers demonstrates what sort of folk you really are. You're children will come back the day after, and be mocked and teased because of YOUR efforts. LOL!!! But then, we all know how you folk love certain children being mocked and teased!!! You invented it.
So now you are condoning bullying!!! Nice!!!!
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#52200 Feb 26, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
giving a Christmas card to a veteran or singing songs to their parents is promoting religion ?
that some GI in a war zone would rather not be remembered with a card from a school kid
or how many parent in here who loves hearing their child sing suddenly be denied hearing their kid preform songs of Christmas joy.
You just are full of hate. Total hate for kids and veterans. That is the kind of person you are.
Your here not because of the gay issue. You are here just to spread your filth and hate.
I hope ClaiGirl14 gets a real close look at these post of yours so she sees what real hate looks like. And its all you.
Christmas is fine for your home, business or for your church. It does NOT belong in public schools. It's already clearly OBVIOUS that the schools have done a terrible job teaching about our government and how it works.
Scott

Manhattan, IL

#52201 Feb 26, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
thanks Scott great post
worth repeating it.
LOL
Scott

Manhattan, IL

#52202 Feb 26, 2014
Cali Girl 14 wrote:
<quoted text>
Propaganda...
Nope! TRUTH.....
Scott

Manhattan, IL

#52203 Feb 26, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Christmas is fine for your home, business or for your church. It does NOT belong in public schools. It's already clearly OBVIOUS that the schools have done a terrible job teaching about our government and how it works.
It's ok for you to force your gay agenda on school kids though. Correct!!!
Cali Girl 14

Los Angeles, CA

#52204 Feb 26, 2014
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>Nope! TRUTH.....
Pa shaw!
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#52205 Feb 26, 2014
Cali Girl 14 wrote:
<quoted text>
Go talk to someone who cares about
It.
ok just wanted to be sure where you stood on that issue.
So you too think some veteran fighting for our country should not get a Christmas card sent by a kid.
and you also agree with him that kids should not be singing songs to their parents at a schools Christmas pageant if they're true Christmas songs.
Just wanted to be sure that is the kind of hater you agree with .
Because i sure don't.

you see your so full hate towards me you can't bring yourself to agree with me even when the Christian part of you should.
which makes you a real phony about being a christian.
you like him are just another hater.
now you can hate me even more for exposing you for who you really are
just another true hater
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#52206 Feb 26, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
hate, hate, hate, hate, hate You spread it and your lies at every opportunity. Do you really think you're fooling anyone hiding behind jesus and religion?

You aren't a Christian, you're a philistine.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#52207 Feb 26, 2014
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
Teaching facts about human sexuality is NOT religion, dumbass.
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#52208 Feb 26, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>

Scott wrote <quoted text>

great come back Scott
you exposed not only his hate but also the gay agenda for what it is.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#52209 Feb 26, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
ok just wanted to be sure where you stood on that issue.
So you too think some veteran fighting for our country should not get a Christmas card sent by a kid.
and you also agree with him that kids should not be singing songs to their parents at a schools Christmas pageant if they're true Christmas songs.
Just wanted to be sure that is the kind of hater you agree with .
Because i sure don't.
you see your so full hate towards me you can't bring yourself to agree with me even when the Christian part of you should.
which makes you a real phony about being a christian.
you like him are just another hater.
now you can hate me even more for exposing you for who you really are
just another true hater
You are no different than the Taliban.

How would you feel if the Muslim students sang songs about Ramadan?

Would you like it if Satanists sand songs about THEIR religion?
Scott

Manhattan, IL

#52210 Feb 26, 2014
<quoted text>
That can't be true. We don't like you or importer Earth Angel at all.
That's because we are not evil.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dixmoor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A cowardly excuse for a man 3 hr Marie Tolliver 25
Woman Rob Chase bank in downtown Riverdale. 4 hr Booker T 1
Blue Island Government Need's Transparency (Aug '11) 5 hr Change is needed 13
Racist Midlothian 5 hr umm yeah 71
who GEORGE SCHLEYER? (May '12) 6 hr Bugaboo 38
Recall Rybak 7 hr Gman 24
and there off The 2017 race for Mayor. 8 hr No spin zone 35
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dixmoor Mortgages