Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CBS2

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Comments (Page 2,124)

Showing posts 42,461 - 42,480 of47,116
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Angel

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at the date on your reference.
Like I said, idiot.
Smile.
What difference does the date make? You really don't get it? Your still name calling.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Ace wrote:
<quoted text>
In contrast to the supposed “flat earth” verses, there are numerous Scriptures that clearly indicate otherwise. The earth is described in Job 26:7 as being suspended over empty space, implying a spherical figure.
Being suspended over empty spaces says nothing about the shape of the figure. You can suspend a cube over empty space or a donut over empty space or a flat sheet of paper over empty space.
Ace wrote:
This notion is further entertained in Isaiah 40:21-22, which refers to “the circle of the earth.” This is further supported by Proverbs 8:27 (NKJV), which speaks of God drawing a circle on the face of the deep.
That's funny. Both of these passages are about a FLAT disc. The use the word for "circle", which is a flat shape.
Ace wrote:
Buddy do a little more research before you make a fool out of your self again.
Speak for yourself. You haven't done any research; just read some (really weak) apologetics. Here's an entry from the Oxford Dictionary of the Jewish Religion about ancient Hebrew cosmology: http://books.google.com.au/books...

The ancient Hebrews believed in a flat Earth covered by a solid dome.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Judged:

Ace wrote:
Buddy do a little more research before you make a fool out of your self again.
You just embarrassed yourself by being cocky when you were wrong.

“Christmas Spirit”

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Judged:

Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
You can pretend there is one all you want.
But the civil rights movement was and still is entirely different then the gay rights movement.
i don't recall gays every being sold in America. Their family forced apart. Forced to work.
you think just because a baker turn down business that makes it like the civil rights movement
Your view of civil rights is that of an 8 year old. Let me help you out stupid. Civil RIGHTS is about RIGHTS. The focus is not the forms of discrimination, the focus is the RIGHTS, or lack there of.

“I still hear people say that I should not be talking about the rights of lesbian and gay people and I should stick to the issue of racial justice." "But I hasten to remind them that Martin Luther King Jr. said,‘Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.’”“I appeal to everyone who believes in Martin Luther King Jr.’s dream to make room at the table of brother- and sisterhood for lesbian and gay people,”- Coretta Scott King

Now, you scratch your head, and keep tooting the "gay isn't race" nonsense. Nothing makes you look stupider. Well, no, actually almost all your posts make you look stupid. Carry on.

“Christmas Spirit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
it did intimidate them.
they certainly are going to think twice about going to any restaurant especially that one ever again.
And that is what defines intimidation.
No, that isn't the definition of intimidation. Buy a freaking dictionary already you moron.

“Christmas Spirit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Skin color is vastly distinct from orientations.
You were asked how the denial of service was different, not how the characteristics of those denied the service were different. I see you were incapable of answering that.

“Christmas Spirit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The Constitution protects my right for expression of my faith.
<quoted text>
Marriage is a critical expression of the Christian faith. It is symbolic of Christ (the Bridegroom and the Church (the Bride).
The union of a man and woman is a representation of made in the image of God.
The baker only refused to make a wedding cake.
You don't know what you are talking about again.
So many words to say absolutely nothing.
Angel

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the bottom line you will never ever get past; ss couples are only ever a mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gendered half of marriage.
NOTHING you say or do will change that fact.
No on cares. We're still getting married. Deal with it. Your on the other side of the argument now. We win.

“Christmas Spirit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
We know. You even use children, demanding they not be considered as a part of marriage, then claiming them to pretend you are a family, except for depriving the child of one parent gender.
Makes me sick.
You need to ask why you are foolishly attempting to equate to a relationship you fail at, and not establishing your own relational identity.
No, we don't need to ask ourselves that. Only an moron would think that needs to be answered.

“Christmas Spirit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

KiMare wrote:
Skin color is vastly distinct from orientations.
A naturally fruitful relationship can hardly be equated to a absolutely barren and desolate relationship.
They didn't deny service, they refused to desecrate marriage, a tenant of their faith.
<quoted text>
You keep showing your ignorance.
1. Skin color is a natural variation that science understands the reasons for.
Homosexuality is a sexual defect. A failure of mating behavior. Scientists still cannot explain the purpose or the cause.
2. I simply note that there is a vast distinction between a union that produces after it's kind, and one that is simply a harmful, unhealthy and demeaning imitation of natural mating behavior. One that NEVER procreates. Your denial of that fact is simply idiotic.
3. I gave the complete facts. The whole truth. You didn't. You distorted the situation as an act of hatred and deception.
So many words to say nothing. You gave "facts"? Really? Well then, since you mentioned scientists, please cite the scientific research that declared homosexuality as a defect.

Hurry back with that one gramps.
Angel

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Wingless Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that isn't the definition of intimidation. Buy a freaking dictionary already you moron.
She doesn't understand. I hate to think someone may corner her and threaten her because of something they don't like about her that she can or can't help. Sometimes empathy is hard.
Ace

Du Quoin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Being suspended over empty spaces says nothing about the shape of the figure. You can suspend a cube over empty space or a donut over empty space or a flat sheet of paper over empty space.
<quoted text>
That's funny. Both of these passages are about a FLAT disc. The use the word for "circle", which is a flat shape.
<quoted text>
Speak for yourself. You haven't done any research; just read some (really weak) apologetics. Here's an entry from the Oxford Dictionary of the Jewish Religion about ancient Hebrew cosmology: http://books.google.com.au/books...
The ancient Hebrews believed in a flat Earth covered by a solid dome.
I'm not going to argue that point, I'm not Jewish or ancient Hebrew. I study the King James version of the bible
Angel

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Wingless Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Your view of civil rights is that of an 8 year old. Let me help you out stupid. Civil RIGHTS is about RIGHTS. The focus is not the forms of discrimination, the focus is the RIGHTS, or lack there of.
“I still hear people say that I should not be talking about the rights of lesbian and gay people and I should stick to the issue of racial justice." "But I hasten to remind them that Martin Luther King Jr. said,‘Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.’”“I appeal to everyone who believes in Martin Luther King Jr.’s dream to make room at the table of brother- and sisterhood for lesbian and gay people,”- Coretta Scott King
Now, you scratch your head, and keep tooting the "gay isn't race" nonsense. Nothing makes you look stupider. Well, no, actually almost all your posts make you look stupid. Carry on.
That is beautiful.
Earth Angel

Kenosha, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Irrelevant. The baker makes wedding cakes. They requested one. They were denied service.
I see the FULL truth only matters if it helps your side.

“Christmas Spirit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
When an orientation utterly fails to reproduce, it is a failure of mating behavior. You need to educate yourself.
You ignored context.
"Relationships are relationships"? Yes, but there are different kinds of relationships. Do you know who we tell that?
You again gave partial information. You lied and distorted.
Man up punk!
So, you can't produce scientific or medical research to support your made up 'defect' argument. Yeah, we knew that already. You're opiinions, while hilariously stupid, are completely irrelevant. Just like you gramps.

“Christmas Spirit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, gays brought up old couples, sick couples and couples who have a choice. It is only fair that gays equate to at least the weakest situations of marriage.
And guess what? Gays fail! Not with a D, or even a F. They get a big fat 0 ~ ZERO!!!
Let the adults debate Blondie...
In the same way marriage doesn't have a procreation requirement, marriage also doesn't have an equating requirement, much as you wish it did. No marriage is required to equate to another. You've got nothing.

“Christmas Spirit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the bottom line you will never ever get past; ss couples are only ever a mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gendered half of marriage.
NOTHING you say or do will change that fact.
That isn't a bottom line, it's merely a nonsensical rambling from an old coot. You seem to think you've presented something I'm required to get passed. You would be mistaken. Again.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Ace wrote:
<quoted text> I'm not going to argue that point, I'm not Jewish or ancient Hebrew. I study the King James version of the bible
Studying the KJV doesn't make it any less true that the "god-inspired" writings of the Old Testament involve a flat Earth.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
I see the FULL truth only matters if it helps your side.
Why did you leave out that the baker's birthday is August 2nd and the customer likes the color blue? I see the FULL truth only matters if it helps your side.

No, actually, I include any part of the events that are relevant to the discussion.

They were denied service.

“Christmas Spirit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
So the First Amendment exempts the practice of faith in the public arena?
Any other ridiculously stupid "comparisons" you'd like to try dipsh*t?
Smirk.
Um, what was the ruling on this case dipsh*t?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 42,461 - 42,480 of47,116
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Dixmoor Discussions

Search the Dixmoor Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
1957 to 1980 (Aug '08) 53 min blueeyes 181
Manchester Court Apatrments (good or bad?) 1 hr jamie 3
More corruption in South Suburbs 2 hr No Money Blues 13
Chicago shootings: 7 dead, 22 hurt since Friday... 2 hr reality is a crutch 1
sstopping by 3 hr winterpeaches 20
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 4 hr Chicagobunny 3,787
Mike Madigan Ready To Insult Your Intelligence ... (Feb '13) 5 hr Broken Trust 147
•••
•••
•••
•••

Dixmoor Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Dixmoor People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance