Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-S...

Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

There are 52077 comments on the CBS2 story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions. In it, CBS2 reports that:

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS2.

Wingless Angel

Racine, WI

#47873 Jan 9, 2014
http://www.marriagedebate.com/
lots of good articles and links to at here.

One topic that should be talked about is custody rights of kids.
Some gays have fathered kids from previous marriages to women.
Most of those women are raising their kids as a single parent.

As wrong as it is gays can marry in some states. This throws in question parental rights. Will some liberal judge go in favor of a couple of gays wanting custody or keep the children with the natural mother.

Marriage is more then just the issue of two people wanting to live together.
We should be posting about some of these consequences instead of the name calling and insults from posters afraid to face the real issues.
Wingless Angel

Racine, WI

#47876 Jan 9, 2014
rabnew wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said I was unique dickhead. You commented on my avatar and I explained why I used it! That doesn't make me gay.
You are seriously lacking the grey matter.
I SUPPORT HOMOSEXUALITY.....get over it...fck!
nice language so typical of gays.
Wingless Angel

Racine, WI

#47877 Jan 9, 2014
rabnew wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok. What if the biological mother is a meth addict? You think the father won't gain custody just because of his sexuality?
what an ignorant comment from you..
I could do the same. What if the gays were drug addicts and the single mom was a teacher of the year recipient.

i'll wait for someone who isnt so ignorant. You make Dusty seem like Mensa.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#47878 Jan 9, 2014
Wingless Angel wrote:
http://www.marriagedebate.com/
lots of good articles and links to at here.
One topic that should be talked about is custody rights of kids.
Some gays have fathered kids from previous marriages to women.
Most of those women are raising their kids as a single parent.
As wrong as it is gays can marry in some states. This throws in question parental rights. Will some liberal judge go in favor of a couple of gays wanting custody or keep the children with the natural mother.
Marriage is more then just the issue of two people wanting to live together.
We should be posting about some of these consequences instead of the name calling and insults from posters afraid to face the real issues.
Really?

Please. Please post the "consequences." If you can prove them, you will be the next star witness for the anti-gay marriage crowd. Why haven't you come forward before now?
R U Stupid

Terre Haute, IN

#47879 Jan 9, 2014
Entertainment news today states that actress Lilly Tomlin marries her longtime partner! This is just downright "STUPID NEWS!" Why is this news? Who cares! Like I said before; " If I come walking out of my garage picking my nose, why can't that make the headlines?" I'll tell you why it won't, because it would be "STUPID!" Just like the headlines when homosexuals want to make news once more! Now that is "STUPID!"
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#47880 Jan 9, 2014
R U Stupid wrote:
Entertainment news today states that actress Lilly Tomlin marries her longtime partner! This is just downright "STUPID NEWS!" Why is this news? Who cares! Like I said before; " If I come walking out of my garage picking my nose, why can't that make the headlines?" I'll tell you why it won't, because it would be "STUPID!" Just like the headlines when homosexuals want to make news once more! Now that is "STUPID!"
You mean like Kim Kardashian and her 3 month marriage?
R U Stupid

Terre Haute, IN

#47881 Jan 9, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like Kim Kardashian and her 3 month marriage?
That whole clan is "STUPID!" But they are getting rich from being stupid!:(
Wingless Angel

Racine, WI

#47882 Jan 9, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
Please. Please post the "consequences." If you can prove them, you will be the next star witness for the anti-gay marriage crowd. Why haven't you come forward before now?
i'm not here to anyone's star witness. That probably is your dream but its not mine.
I'm just a humble person posting my views on a forum designed for doing just that.

As for kids being raised by two gay men pretending they have a marriage i can see problems in their lives. Just off the top of my head. Bullies in school will jump on anything and something like having 2 gays dads would definitely cause a kid to get bullied.
You really think that kids friends are going to want to play at his house ? Do you really think the parents of his friends want their kids hanging out at a gay house ? You don't think they are going to try and influence that kid into a gay lifestyle ? How about clothes buying ? Dating in school ? Scouting ?
You must be blind towards raising a kid. Its tough there is a lot of pressure on kids these days. And its tough work on the parents. Last thing either needs is the added pressure of 2 gay dads raising a kid.
Ace

Benton, IL

#47883 Jan 9, 2014
If you think deep about it, gay marriage could be a benefit for the hetersexual man.
In the county that I live in, last year there was two civil unions filed, and one was annul. If that is the right word? Well at that rate gay marriage will have a 50% divorce rate.
Have you heard the song, "she got the gold mine and I got the shaft?"
In gay marriage the judge won't know what one to give the shaft to.
The end results could be more equality for the hetersexual man.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#47884 Jan 9, 2014
Wingless Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm not here to anyone's star witness. That probably is your dream but its not mine.
I'm just a humble person posting my views on a forum designed for doing just that.
As for kids being raised by two gay men pretending they have a marriage i can see problems in their lives. Just off the top of my head. Bullies in school will jump on anything and something like having 2 gays dads would definitely cause a kid to get bullied.
You really think that kids friends are going to want to play at his house ? Do you really think the parents of his friends want their kids hanging out at a gay house ? You don't think they are going to try and influence that kid into a gay lifestyle ? How about clothes buying ? Dating in school ? Scouting ?
You must be blind towards raising a kid. Its tough there is a lot of pressure on kids these days. And its tough work on the parents. Last thing either needs is the added pressure of 2 gay dads raising a kid.
A humble person posting views that have no basis in fact, you mean.

I have an idea.... why not teach children that bullying is wrong?

The rest of your post is ridiculous nonsense. "Hang out at a gay house?" Are you kidding me? Do you really think only hetero parents are capable of buying clothes?...or giving dating advice?

But the most ridiculous thing you wrote is "influencing them into a gay lifestyle?" Why would you think something so COMPLETELY contrary to all the facts?
Wingless Angel

Racine, WI

#47885 Jan 9, 2014
Ace wrote:
If you think deep about it, gay marriage could be a benefit for the hetersexual man.
In the county that I live in, last year there was two civil unions filed, and one was annul. If that is the right word? Well at that rate gay marriage will have a 50% divorce rate.
Have you heard the song, "she got the gold mine and I got the shaft?"
In gay marriage the judge won't know what one to give the shaft to.
The end results could be more equality for the hetersexual man.
annulled is the correct spelling and yes you had the right word
GOOD POINT
i didn't even think of the impact a gay divorce might have on a heterosexual divorce in court.
I agree i could see where it might change the views judges have on men rights.
One of the points gays tend to ignore is how often they split up.
Divorce court is going to triple once gays start marrying.
And just wait until they see what that'll cost them.
Right now they can just walk away from a bad relationship. Wait until they fight over the house, cars, boats, and especially kids.
Wingless Angel

Racine, WI

#47886 Jan 9, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text> A humble person posting views that have no basis in fact, you mean.
I have an idea.... why not teach children that bullying is wrong?
The rest of your post is ridiculous nonsense. "Hang out at a gay house?" Are you kidding me? Do you really think only hetero parents are capable of buying clothes?...or giving dating advice?
But the most ridiculous thing you wrote is "influencing them into a gay lifestyle?" Why would you think something so COMPLETELY contrary to all the facts?
my views are worth no less and no more then yours or anyone else
well ok mine are worth more then Dusty's views. just kidding ya Dusty gays have a sense of humor right ?

i did teach my kid bullying was wrong as well as gay is a sin. Isn't teaching your kid great !!
do you want answers ? OK
hanging out at a gay house - i would be checking to see if he's on the sex offender list
buying clothes - i've seen how gays dress and yes heterosexuals dress normal gays do not
dating advice - from a gay are you kidding me ? nuff said
influencing gay life style - YEAH ITS CALLED THE GAY AGENDA

Come back when YOU have a point of view other than just attacking other posters
that attack strategy really doesn't work for you. Even Dusty is better at it.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#47887 Jan 9, 2014
Wingless Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
annulled is the correct spelling and yes you had the right word
GOOD POINT
i didn't even think of the impact a gay divorce might have on a heterosexual divorce in court.
I agree i could see where it might change the views judges have on men rights.
One of the points gays tend to ignore is how often they split up.
Divorce court is going to triple once gays start marrying.
And just wait until they see what that'll cost them.
Right now they can just walk away from a bad relationship. Wait until they fight over the house, cars, boats, and especially kids.
Really? Gay marriage has been legal in Massachusetts for 10 years. How has that impacted divorce in Massachusetts?

IT HASN'T.

Why do you continue to believe things that you cannot prove?
Ace

Benton, IL

#47888 Jan 9, 2014
I have a cousin who is a strong supporter for gay marriage. He said the best way how to put the homos back in the closet is through gay marriage.
The gays will have to suffer the same consequences of divorce that the straight man does.
This will force the gays to stay home, and not be running the bars and streets spreading their propaganda or std's.

Only an idiot, straight or gay would want to get married in today's world. If I ever got divorced I would never marry again. I wouldn't give another women or judge any power to control me again. I would spend the rest of my days hunting an fishing. And buy me a hooker when needed.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#47889 Jan 9, 2014
Wingless Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
my views are worth no less and no more then yours or anyone else
well ok mine are worth more then Dusty's views. just kidding ya Dusty gays have a sense of humor right ?
i did teach my kid bullying was wrong as well as gay is a sin. Isn't teaching your kid great !!
do you want answers ? OK
hanging out at a gay house - i would be checking to see if he's on the sex offender list
buying clothes - i've seen how gays dress and yes heterosexuals dress normal gays do not
dating advice - from a gay are you kidding me ? nuff said
influencing gay life style - YEAH ITS CALLED THE GAY AGENDA
Come back when YOU have a point of view other than just attacking other posters
that attack strategy really doesn't work for you. Even Dusty is better at it.
Oh puh-leez. Have you ever had an honest thought in your life?

So you taught your kid that being gay is a sin, eh? Hmmmm..... I wonder how he understands that in the context of a secular government that gives no credence to what you think is a sin? My religion teaches that purposefully spreading lies is a sin.... and you are guilty of that.

"Gay house?" Since when does a house have a sexual orientation? And as far as sex offenders go, statistically your kid has more to worry about from YOU than any unknown gay person. Ask the police. Ask the FBI...

Heterosexuals dress normal and gays don't? That's just about the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Come back when you have something other than ridiculous nonsense to post.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#47890 Jan 9, 2014
Ace wrote:
I have a cousin who is a strong supporter for gay marriage. He said the best way how to put the homos back in the closet is through gay marriage.
The gays will have to suffer the same consequences of divorce that the straight man does.
This will force the gays to stay home, and not be running the bars and streets spreading their propaganda or std's.
Only an idiot, straight or gay would want to get married in today's world. If I ever got divorced I would never marry again. I wouldn't give another women or judge any power to control me again. I would spend the rest of my days hunting an fishing. And buy me a hooker when needed.
Oh.... I see..... because marriage is bad, but prostitution is good. Got it.
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

#47891 Jan 9, 2014
Hurray! Xavier is back.
pin drop
crickets chirping
Wingless Angel

Racine, WI

#47892 Jan 9, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
"Gay house?" Since when does a house have a sexual orientation?

i guess you never heard of
The House Of The Rising Sun
Wingless Angel

Racine, WI

#47893 Jan 9, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you continue to believe things that you cannot prove?
God and i get along just great.
Wingless Angel

Racine, WI

#47894 Jan 9, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>

So you taught your kid that being gay is a sin, eh?.
well i don't want to really take credit for that. God mentioned it in his autobiography.
You should read it its titled The Bible.
You would be amazed at how many people read it every day and even quote from it.
And it covers everything about life and how we should live and treat others.
Even though you're a sinner you too can be saved.
Amazing as it sounds even Dusty has a shot at heaven. Yeah i know go figure.
But its true. Its really simple too.
Just believe in him, really mean it when you ask for forgiveness, and know in your heart he can and will forgive you. Then go out and try your best ( even though you'll fail ) at doing what you know in your heart God would want you to do.
Simple huh !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dixmoor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Public Moving and Storage 15 min leonard robertson 148
Snow removal, 2014 (Feb '14) 1 hr Not So Smart 238
Domingo Vargas next Democratic Mayor of Blue Is... (Apr '09) 3 hr Vote Them Out 275
Castaways 3 hr Narry G 11
Code Red... Powered by Topix 3 hr BIIP Failure 41
recount going for Hillary in wisconsin 14 hr Its black thing 8
Grandma Fran Too Sick To Continue (May '16) 17 hr Civic Duty 31

Dixmoor Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dixmoor Mortgages