Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CBS2

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Comments (Page 2,034)

Showing posts 40,661 - 40,680 of48,668
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2014

Judged:

Wingless Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
that's a good point. Dusty claims to have been working at a church for 30 years.
Yet reading his filth you sure wouldn't know it.
His marriage certificate may be legal in mans world but it doesn't cut it with God. At some point he'll answer to God for his sins,.
God will judge Dusty and other like him.
God holds marriage as sacred and gay marriage makes a mockery of that sacred bond.
And Jesus appointed you to speak on his behalf? If you're convinced that I'll answer to God, why are you here? You're wasting your time.

I have marriage and you're got nothing to say about it.
Wingless Angel

Kenosha, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2014

Judged:

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
And Jesus appointed you to speak on his behalf? If you're convinced that I'll answer to God, why are you here? You're wasting your time.
I have marriage and you're got nothing to say about it.
dont bother. You're a nobody
i dont need nor want any answers from you.
Wingless Angel

Kenosha, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2014

Judged:

rabnew wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok fair enough...maybe I should of said "who are WE to judge". I m not gay but I don't see why they can't have gay marriages. I can see where you're coming from (on the other hand) in regards to it being against God,(I'm agnostic) so here's my thoughts: some people are left handed, in the years gone, children at school were forced to change because the majority was right handed. Some folks are born with down syndrome...does that mean that because they're a minority that they can't have same rights as the majority?
I'm not terribly good at expressing my exact thoughts in writing so I hope you can understand what I'm trying to say.
you done great expressing your thoughts.
I'm ambidextrous and i remember desk in grade school were all right handed. OK by me but i wondered why i couldn't have a choice.
To answer your misgivings the problem isn't one of rights. I'm all for them having a FULL civil union with FULL benefits. I know civil unions dont have full benefits but i would vote for it.
The problem is most churches do accept gay marriages. Right now they have the choice to say no to gays. But once gays have the legal ability then churches will be FORCED to marry them.
If you don't think so look at how laws are changing to force churches to pay for birth control and abortions for church workers through insurance.
Churches are losing their legal rights in favor of gays and atheists.
And its only Christian churches. You won't see the gays demand to be married in a Mosque.
Now watch how fast Dusty tries to twist what i have just written. But this is the differences many like yourself are struggling to learn and understand. Good luck.
Wingless Angel

Kenosha, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2014

Judged:

typo meant to write

The problem is most churches do NOT accept gay marriages.
Wingless Angel

Kenosha, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2014

Judged:

Wonders wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you know you cannot tell a gay anything, they know all. In real life, they love to get in your face almost as much as they like to get on their knees. The logic they use like the 14991500 leather gay guys being at a hotel and how they are normal and the 1 normal person is not is just part of their plan to make their sick and degenerate life style acceptable.
LOL can't argue with that.
yeah i laughed at that leather gay rman ratio to hetero
that was like saying if you had 14991500 insane asylum patients and one patient in the hospital just for a checkup they would all then be normal and the check up guy would then be insane.
Gays always have these weird analogies but if you just change the person in them like i just did you see how weird it is.
you're right too i've seen their anger and hate up close. Its always their way or the highway never a compromise. I still think a civil union with FULL benefits would be a good solution we could all live with. But they never go for it.
Its not about marriage. That is just smoke and mirrors.
Its about gays forcing the church into doing something it shouldn't be forced to do.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2014

Judged:

Wingless Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Good to know.

So, how does my marriage affect yours?

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2014

Judged:

Wingless Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
I still think a civil union with FULL benefits would be a good solution we could all live with. But they never go for it.
We already have marriage. Why would we back-peddle and settle for less? It's already been proven that separate, but equal, has NEVER been equal.

What is all your pissing and moaning here going to do to reverse the reality of marriage equality?
In other words, you're powerless to do anything but piss and moan.

Utah. I rest my case.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2014

Judged:

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Your very presence here exposes your judgment of marriage equality.
I can't help it that you think of anal sex when you think of gay men. You seem to think you represent "normal" people, but you don't. You represent people who are obsessed with anal sex. We don't happen to enjoy that, so we NEVER think about it. You, on the other hand, can't stop thinking about it.
I worked for the Church for 30 years. My God tells me that my life was created and ordained by him. You're free to enjoy your theological perspective, but you don't get to speak on God's behalf. Doing so merely exposes your hubris.
Anyone who accurately relates the Bible is speaking for God. You deny others to do what you falsely claim for yourself. Hubris and hypocritical.

“We grill um up 4 you ?”

Since: Jul 10

North Country Faire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2014

Judged:

Wingless Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
that's a good point. Dusty claims to have been working at a church for 30 years.
Yet reading his filth you sure wouldn't know it.
His marriage certificate may be legal in mans world but it doesn't cut it with God. At some point he'll answer to God for his sins,.
God will judge Dusty and other like him.
God holds marriage as sacred and gay marriage makes a mockery of that sacred bond.
And there in lie's your problem! We live in a secular country where the Constitution trumps your bible! Who cares what your religion states as it has absolutely nothing to do with how we are governed! In this nation your rights end where mine and others begin,so take your off topic bible ramblings into the church of your choice,close and lock the doors and preach to the choir! This is NOT a theocracy no matter how much you want it to be! So go ahead and whine away but the facts are you've lost the battle and the war is now over! 17 states and counting and more on the way this coming year! Glad I could help bigot boy!
Cowboy

Du Quoin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2014

Judged:

Wingless Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Blah....Blah blah blah...Blah blah. Blah. blah blah blah. If you knew what you was talking about you would be dangerous.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2014

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone who accurately relates the Bible is speaking for God. You deny others to do what you falsely claim for yourself. Hubris and hypocritical.
Being an internet asstroll and hiding behind the Bible is not "relating the word of God." He didn't intend His Word to be a weapon, nor did he intend for people to judge others using His Word.
Telling others that they have fallen short, or that their Church isn't "real" is judgmental and pretentiously pious.

My marriage is real.
What you believe is irrelevant to my marriage.
How's your Sandy vagina doing?
Jenny

Round Lake, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2014

Judged:

Forrest Gump Wingless Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Awww noooo...Run Forrest...run!
Jenny

Round Lake, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2014

Judged:

Dang there seems to be a Forrest I and a Forrest II...how will we tell them apart?

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2014

Judged:

real talk wrote:
<quoted text> once again you are wrong. Gods word is a sword to the non believer and like I said before, you don't have a marriage, you have a union. We straight normal Christians however do have a marriage in the eyes of almighty God...to bad you don't and never will NO MATTER WHAT PEOPLE DECIDE. You have got to understand that people don't make the laws, God already did that for us.
Thank you for the best laugh I've had all day. You're awesome!

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2014

Judged:

Jenny wrote:
Dang there seems to be a Forrest I and a Forrest II...how will we tell them apart?
Sometimes, you can't tell the Forrest for the trees.
Jenny

Round Lake, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2014

Judged:

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes, you can't tell the Forrest for the trees.
Yep and I guess in their minds..."Sometimes, there just aren't enough rocks."

Very sad...
Hey You

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2014

Judged:

Homosexuals burn in hell, as the Bible clearly states. Topix moderators are spawns of satan.
Hey You

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2014

Judged:

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Being an internet asstroll and hiding behind the Bible is not "relating the word of God." He didn't intend His Word to be a weapon, nor did he intend for people to judge others using His Word.
Telling others that they have fallen short, or that their Church isn't "real" is judgmental and pretentiously pious.
My marriage is real.
What you believe is irrelevant to my marriage.
How's your Sandy vagina doing?
I will take your topix account away from you. spawn of satan.
WhaaaaT

Livermore, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2014

Judged:

Hey You wrote:
<quoted text>
I will take your topix account away from you. spawn of satan.
And Jesus weeps for you! How about you actually try to follow what he taught ! As it is you're a complete failure Mr. human POS ! Ou...Ou...Ou...Satans gonna git chu ! Well,maybe you ! LOLOLOL
WhaaaaT

Prague, Czech Republic

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2014

Judged:

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 - "Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God."

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 40,661 - 40,680 of48,668
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Dixmoor Discussions

Search the Dixmoor Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Berkot's Foods in Midlothian? 14 min who cares 18
Village Sticker 1 hr Chet 13
I grew up in Midlothian Facebook Page (Jul '13) 2 hr who cares 63
Jewel to close third week of June (Apr '09) 3 hr Oh really 338
BI raises city sticker to $50! 3 hr Noromyxo 52
Blue Island Strong 3 hr embedded 196
Davies Tax Bills (Jul '13) 4 hr Spike in pension 18
•••
•••