Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-S...

Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

There are 52074 comments on the CBS2 story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions. In it, CBS2 reports that:

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS2.

ppl

Kewanee, IL

#46838 Dec 25, 2013
what does this have to do with the not so normal people wanting to pretend they are married like normal people.

Religionthebigli e

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#46840 Dec 25, 2013
Christmas Spirit wrote:
<quoted text>
as oppose to what ?
a big bang happened and from NOTHING suddenly an ENTIRE UNIVERSE just appear afterwards.
ROTFL yeah sure sounds like your belief just poofed into existence too.
Only difference is i can explain how that happened we call him God
Goddidit with magic is not an answer for anything. In fact, it is a bold-faced lie. Why do KKKristians lie about........well.....pretty much everything?

Religionthebigli e

“saved From jesus”

Location hidden

#46841 Dec 25, 2013
Christmas Spirit wrote:
<quoted text>
no idea what you're talking about.
Hey rant all you want.
i know the truth. You should come to church someday and learn about it.
For example you would learn no one has any authority unless it comes from God
You would learn about forgiveness of sins. And how its by the grace of God we have that forgiveness.
In short what you rant about really is meaningless. You don't have God in your heart so nothing you rant about has any hold over anyone not even yourself.
I would say your nothing but hot air and wind but i wouldn't want to insult the nature that God has created.
If you knew the truth, you would stop going to your church.

Religionthebigli e

“saved From jesus”

Location hidden

#46842 Dec 25, 2013
real talk wrote:
<quoted text> let me ask your dumb ass a question. Do you believe in God? of coarse you don't because you know the bible speaks the truth and you don't want to know the truth also I bet you take off work for Christmas and also celebrate it also. Don't do that if you don't believe in God you stupid ass hypocrite
Of coarse(sic). I love when a dumb ass calls others dumb asses.That's a KKKristian hypocrite for you.

Religionthebigli e

“saved From jesus”

Location hidden

#46843 Dec 25, 2013
real talk wrote:
<quoted text> let me ask your dumb ass a question. Do you believe in God? of coarse you don't because you know the bible speaks the truth and you don't want to know the truth also I bet you take off work for Christmas and also celebrate it also. Don't do that if you don't believe in God you stupid ass hypocrite
BTW, I don't celebrate your fairy tale holiday. But thanks for telling yet another KKKritian lie.

You believe in magic, and I'm the one who doesn't want the truth? LOLAY.
Ace

Benton, IL

#46847 Dec 26, 2013
I have listened to farmers talk about spending a lot of money on a Bull for breeding and it turned out to be gay, that made the Bull worthless, only good for the slaughter house.
This tells me if mother nature has goofed up in farm animals, mother nature can goof up in mankind also. But not to the point of changing our religious beliefs or laws.
Yes I believe there is a few gay people in this world. But just like a two headed far and few between. How often do we see a two headed snake?
Most of this gay crap is just perversion.
Atheist is Satan's children trying to destroy mankind so they can have a lot of company in Hell.
Turn on the tv news and you will see Satan exist. Wars, Bombings, Murders, Child molesters, Gay marriage. There is an opposite to ever thing proving God exist. Now that's science.
Wingless Angel

Racine, WI

#46854 Dec 26, 2013
BigBang wrote:
<quoted text>They only real big bang is when Religionthebiggoof bends over and lets his boy friends have their way with him.
LOL he'll probably take it as a compliment.
Wingless Angel

Racine, WI

#46855 Dec 26, 2013
Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
If you knew the truth, you would stop going to your church.
We get the truth by going to church but that isn't our only reason for going.
Just like Jesus fellowship with his disciples we go to church to fellowship with each other.
Its obvious you never went to church or read the bible. Your ignorance of religion really shows.
Maybe its time you man up and went to church to see what you been missing.
Wingless Angel

Racine, WI

#46856 Dec 26, 2013
real talk wrote:
<quoted text> that is the most dumbest thing I heard. None is born gay you idiot
its ok for Christians to disagree but you shouldn't go name calling and insulting another christian.
I do believe that gays come to be that way through more then one way. Some are born that way. Some are rape into it. Some are curious into it. There might even be a few ways i don't know about.

I do believe they can become straight. If we don't have such hope then we are no better then they are. God gives us hope for all sinners. Maybe science is the answer to that hope. If we break a bone we pray for God healing as we turn to medical SCIENCE to help.
Science and God do work together not separately.

Maybe it'll be evolution or maybe it'll be gene therapy but God will guide us to a cure for gays. Science may just be the method he uses.

Its ok if you don't believe that. Science is already looking into gene and DNA manipulations on making babies healthy. I'm sure they are looking into where being gay fits in.
Wingless Angel

Racine, WI

#46857 Dec 26, 2013
Ace wrote:
I have listened to farmers talk about spending a lot of money on a Bull for breeding and it turned out to be gay, that made the Bull worthless, only good for the slaughter house.
This tells me if mother nature has goofed up in farm animals, mother nature can goof up in mankind also. But not to the point of changing our religious beliefs or laws.
Yes I believe there is a few gay people in this world. But just like a two headed far and few between. How often do we see a two headed snake?
Most of this gay crap is just perversion.
Atheist is Satan's children trying to destroy mankind so they can have a lot of company in Hell.
Turn on the tv news and you will see Satan exist. Wars, Bombings, Murders, Child molesters, Gay marriage. There is an opposite to ever thing proving God exist. Now that's science.
very well written.
sad to say the last part is very true. But then again the upside is it does prove God exists.
Wingless Angel

Racine, WI

#46858 Dec 26, 2013
real talk wrote:
<quoted text> who is this jonah guy. He says he hates God but yet his parents gave him a Christian name...how funny is that. He is a confused gay fella. Aww, leave this poor fa*got alone. He Has underlying issues. He has either played with dolls when he was a little fella or got molested by his dad, brother, uncle or grandpa or his mommy raised him alone. Whatever it is he will never talk about his deep dark secrets. He knows I'm right but yet you will see him come on here and try to say something smart...lol..I'm asking my loving family of Christians to leave this poor , scared, clueless, lost little fairy boy alone cause he is very confused so please let's just pray for him. Thank you. Get some help jonah....lol...haha...no competition here. Come on, say something witty now...what a joke you are...hahaha
i'm the last person on this planet to want to defend Jonah1
he certainly would not want my help and probably will resent me for speaking up.
You shouldn't make fun of him because he has a christian name.
I think it shows hope for him.even if he doesn't see it himself.
I think it represents that he was raised by good parents.

As for his being gay only he can tell you how that came about. Certainly his being gay has left him a bitter person. He thinks being married might somehow gain him acceptance in the world. But you can't buy your way into acceptance. Not with money or a piece of paper.
Only by accepting God can he hope for an afterlife.
Maybe his christian name of Johan might be the light that leads him there. The fact that he never changed it indicates his connection to God. Even if he doesn't realize it yet.
Wingless Angel

Racine, WI

#46859 Dec 26, 2013
whosgod wrote:
You have no proof that god is real. There is proof that the Big Bang theory worked
the question isn't prove the big bang happened.
the question is how do make a big bang out of NOTHING
Science can't make a big bang happen out of NOTHING.
only God can do that.That is the proof of God.

our science comes from God.
It is God's gift to man to have the ability beyond animals to reason and develop science.
God wants us to have science in our lives. It is part of our free will to use science.
Its only the gays and atheist that think God and science don't agree.
Christians use science every day in their lives. Christians have no hate of science.
Only gays and atheist with their hate look for a division between the two when none exist.
whosgod

Virginia Beach, VA

#46860 Dec 26, 2013
real talk wrote:
<quoted text>really, how dumb are you. Read what you jus wrote stupid. The big bang is a theory. Do you even know what that means. Wow....lol..I can't believe I jus read that
Real talk please go back to school and learn proper grammar and typing. Maybe then I'll take your comments seriously. A theory is something they think happened buy a theory can still have some base line proof. I'm not saying it's 100% facts but there is some.
Wingless Angel

Racine, WI

#46861 Dec 26, 2013
whosgod wrote:
<quoted text>
Real talk please go back to school and learn proper grammar and typing. Maybe then I'll take your comments seriously. A theory is something they think happened buy a theory can still have some base line proof. I'm not saying it's 100% facts but there is some.
BUY a theory ? I guess you you need to go back to school too.
That is what happens when you take cheap shots at someone. Stick to the issues instead.

I don't think anyone is saying the big bang didn't happen.
The issue is how and why.
Seriously how do you have a void - total empty space
then BANG a filled universe.
science cannot fully explain that
But Christians can. God did it.
whosgod

Alexandria, VA

#46862 Dec 26, 2013
Wingless Angel wrote:
<quoted text>BUY a theory ? I guess you you need to go back to school too.
That is what happens when you take cheap shots at someone. Stick to the issues instead.

I don't think anyone is saying the big bang didn't happen.
The issue is how and why.
Seriously how do you have a void - total empty space
then BANG a filled universe.
science cannot fully explain that
But Christians can. God did it.
Dam touché
Just Sayin

Mount Juliet, TN

#46863 Dec 26, 2013
Gays may have a civil union, but they will never have a marriage no matter how much people want to imagine they could. Calling a gay coupling (even if long term coupling) a "marriage" is like calling a gumball machine a 4 course feast....even if the gumballs are festively decorated with bright colors and are fun to enjoy....even if the gumball machine is kept endlessly stocked...it's still no feast.
whosgod

Virginia Beach, VA

#46864 Dec 26, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
Gays may have a civil union, but they will never have a marriage no matter how much people want to imagine they could. Calling a gay coupling (even if long term coupling) a "marriage" is like calling a gumball machine a 4 course feast....even if the gumballs are festively decorated with bright colors and are fun to enjoy....even if the gumball machine is kept endlessly stocked...it's still no feast.
Lol this made me laugh. I will call it what ever I want. You analogy makes no sense

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#46865 Dec 26, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
You're short a few gumballs yourself. Just sayin'

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#46866 Dec 26, 2013
Christmas Spirit wrote:
<quoted text>
you mean Dusty doesn't like me ?
LOL no surprise there he doesn't like any Christian.
its ok why settle for being liked when i can have God's LOVE.
You're entirely wrong, because you're too stupid to see that anyone's opinion (other than your) could be legitimate.

I don't like phony Christians. You're a phony Christian. You profess to be spreading love in God's name, but you daily crap on people whom you judge to be inferior to you.

Jesus knows you. Jesus doesn't approve of you either.

As for the rest of us, you're irrelevant.

Take the day off and go to the Kenosha Steam Baths. I have a gut feeling you'll be in for a good time.
Just Sayin

Mount Juliet, TN

#46867 Dec 26, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
You're entirely wrong, because you're too stupid to see that anyone's opinion (other than your) could be legitimate.
I don't like phony Christians. You're a phony Christian. You profess to be spreading love in God's name, but you daily crap on people whom you judge to be inferior to you.
Jesus knows you. Jesus doesn't approve of you either.
As for the rest of us, you're irrelevant.
Take the day off and go to the Kenosha Steam Baths. I have a gut feeling you'll be in for a good time.
This is what is amusing about atheists, especially gay atheists, is that they are constantly feeling persecuted and judged and they blame all that on Christians, or anyone else who does not condone gay sex. But who is actually judging them? Their own consciences.
No matter what law is passed or is not passed, your own conscience will still prick you.
That's just the way it works.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dixmoor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
All Lives Matter 44 min Hats off 27
Stevo at the City Council meeting 52 min Truth is 69
Rats in the Ridge (Dec '15) 2 hr Orkin 18
Open Letter to All Veteran's 3 hr Tom 44
Midlo.police (Mar '12) 6 hr truth slayer 76
State Rep 28th Bob Rita is not addressing the ... (Jul '14) 6 hr Hats off 150
Snack Shack Snack Inn (Jun '10) 8 hr Clyde 38

Dixmoor Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance