Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CBS2

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Comments (Page 1,814)

Showing posts 36,261 - 36,280 of48,812
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Huh

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
However, my point has been that in regards to divorce, abortion and now the desecration of marriage, the Church is being pressured to be silent about an issues that every time the Court system has intervened there have been horrendous unintended consequences for children. This IS an interest and business of the Church in society!
<quoted text>
You confuse my words. I don't condemn homosexuality as a orientation.
No law restrains the Church from being censored from public free speech. In fact, the Constitution puts the bulk of restraint on the government!
Politics and the public platform are two distinct things.
Does a church of lets say this...CHURCH OF EVERLASTING GAYNESS....Does that church have same rights as your church?

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

KiMare wrote:
No, it is a very rational discretion.
It is a mindless rationalization to justify your own bigoted hypocrisy. You say you are not judging, and then immediately prove that you are lying by passing judgment.
KiMare wrote:
You are equating a political candidate to any public discourse. Fail.
No, I am saying that political participation by any church is highly regulated, and could jeopardize their tax exempt status, which is a matter of fact.
KiMare wrote:
Your opinion is 0 for 2.
In your opinion.
I Won't judge yours, as their lack of rational foundation is self apparent.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

lides wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a mindless rationalization to justify your own bigoted hypocrisy. You say you are not judging, and then immediately prove that you are lying by passing judgment.
<quoted text>
No, I am saying that political participation by any church is highly regulated, and could jeopardize their tax exempt status, which is a matter of fact.
<quoted text>
In your opinion.
I Won't judge yours, as their lack of rational foundation is self apparent.
I never said I don't judge. I do.

I did say, I don't condemn a orientation, I judge a behavior.

I wasn't talking about political discourse, I was always talking about public discourse.

You were deceptively trying to equate the two to deceive.

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

KiMare wrote:
I never said I don't judge. I do.
Actually, you have said just that.
"Actually, I don't judge homosexuality."
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/gay/TLJ1SRB73...
KiMare wrote:
I did say, I don't condemn a orientation, I judge a behavior.
Since the two cannot be separated, you do judge the person, which makes you a hypocrite.
KiMare wrote:
I wasn't talking about political discourse, I was always talking about public discourse.
"No law restrains the Church from being censored from public free speech. In fact, the Constitution puts the bulk of restraint on the government!"

If the church is making free public speech about political issues, then they can be in violation of their tax exempt status. Individuals may speak freely, institutions are not people, and don't have the same privilege. Ergo, a pastor can express his personal opinion freely concerning a political topic, because they are a citizen with a right to free speech, however they may not do so in their official capacity as a minister of the church.

Clearly you are drinking the citizens united "corporations are people" kool aide
KiMare wrote:
You were deceptively trying to equate the two to deceive.
No, I was merely trying to keep you on topic, but it appears that you are interested in nothing but spin and trying to roll back the inept comments you have already made.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, you have said just that.
"Actually, I don't judge homosexuality."
<quoted text>
Since the two cannot be separated, you do judge the person, which makes you a hypocrite.
<quoted text>
"No law restrains the Church from being censored from public free speech. In fact, the Constitution puts the bulk of restraint on the government!"
If the church is making free public speech about political issues, then they can be in violation of their tax exempt status. Individuals may speak freely, institutions are not people, and don't have the same privilege. Ergo, a pastor can express his personal opinion freely concerning a political topic, because they are a citizen with a right to free speech, however they may not do so in their official capacity as a minister of the church.
Clearly you are drinking the citizens united "corporations are people" kool aide
<quoted text>
No, I was merely trying to keep you on topic, but it appears that you are interested in nothing but spin and trying to roll back the inept comments you have already made.
However, this still remains;

At the most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.

Ss couples are a defective complete failure of mating behavior, making ss marriage an oxymoron.

That's not judgment, that's fact.

Smile.
Huh

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
At the most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.
Ss couples are a defective complete failure of mating behavior, making ss marriage an oxymoron.
Smile.
You old farts will soon be dead and same sex marriage will be legal in all 50 states real soon.

SMILE!!!!!!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
You old farts will soon be dead and same sex marriage will be legal in all 50 states real soon.
SMILE!!!!!!!!
Just make sure you sign up for ObamaCare so you can pay to keep me alive!

LOL
Huh

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Just make sure you sign up for ObamaCare so you can pay to keep me alive!
LOL
No need I have my own insurance. Oh and medicare covers you old farts.

Now when you die in a few years die knowing your hate and bigotry dies with you old farts. Most people under 40 support SSM and find nothing wrong with it...BYE.

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

KiMare wrote:
Smile.
Actually, it's not a fact. It is a claim made by a person who is not very intelligent.

a) Marriage is a legal contract to secure certain rights and protections.
b) Procreation is neither a prerequisite for, nor a requirement of legal marriage.
c) Infertile heterosexual couples are regularly allowed to legally marry.

You seem to have great difficulty in understanding what is factual. You certainly seem to have no clue what is rational.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it's not a fact. It is a claim made by a person who is not very intelligent.
a) Marriage is a legal contract to secure certain rights and protections.
b) Procreation is neither a prerequisite for, nor a requirement of legal marriage.
c) Infertile heterosexual couples are regularly allowed to legally marry.
You seem to have great difficulty in understanding what is factual. You certainly seem to have no clue what is rational.
And after all that mumbo jumbo pontification?

A ss couple is still only ever a mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gendered half of marriage.
Huh

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
A ss couple is still only ever a mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gendered half of marriage.
Still no reason to suspend gay peoples civil rights.

Anyway soon you old farts will be dead.

SMILE!!!!!

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

KiMare wrote:
Which is still utterly irrelevant to a discussion of equal protection of the law for all.

Have you noticed how you didn't even attempt to offer a rational rebuttal?

Get help. You need it.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the queen of pontification and verbosity.
No matter, when we file our taxes this year, the IRS won't be asking for your opinion on the validity of our union.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is still utterly irrelevant to a discussion of equal protection of the law for all.
Have you noticed how you didn't even attempt to offer a rational rebuttal?
Get help. You need it.
Which is still utterly irrelevant to the reality that a ss couple is a counterfeit marriage obtained by fraud and denial.

Have you noticed how you don't even attempt to deal with reality?

Get help, you need it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the queen of pontification and verbosity.
No matter, when we file our taxes this year, the IRS won't be asking for your opinion on the validity of our union.
When you file your taxes, think of the mothers and children who are deprived of resources by two grown men pretending to deserve the same protections and rights.
Huh

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
When you file your taxes, think of the mothers and children who are deprived of resources by two grown men pretending to deserve the same protections and rights.
90% of the time you demonic far righters want children cut off and starved to death..Why care now .

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
90% of the time you demonic far righters want children cut off and starved to death..Why care now .
No one does more personally to care for children than conservatives. Liberals want to take that away and give government oversight.

duh.
Huh

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
No one does more personally to care for children than conservatives. Liberals want to take that away and give government oversight.
duh.
CONSERVATIVES CUT WELFARE CUT FOOD STAMPS WANT MEDICAL CARE KEPT FORM POOR PEOPLES HANDS. AND conservatives are ones who always want minimum wage lowered or did away with.

OH YEA BIG HEARTS THERE VILE DEMONS.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
CONSERVATIVES CUT WELFARE CUT FOOD STAMPS WANT MEDICAL CARE KEPT FORM POOR PEOPLES HANDS. AND conservatives are ones who always want minimum wage lowered or did away with.
OH YEA BIG HEARTS THERE VILE DEMONS.
Liberals put half the country on food stamps, most of the country out of work and are taxes the rest to the same place.

While they skim the bulk off the top for themselves and their friends.

Duh.
Huh

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Liberals put half the country on food stamps, most of the country out of work and are taxes the rest to the same place.
While they skim the bulk off the top for themselves and their friends.
Duh.
NO GREED RICH GOP VOTERS WHO OUT SOURCED JOBS DID THAT IDIOT.....

Yes the rich GOP types did make a a lot of people out of work by out of work by outsourcing.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 36,261 - 36,280 of48,812
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Dixmoor Discussions

Search the Dixmoor Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
City Attorney ShawnTe Raines has No Municipal A... (Jan '14) 15 min Deceptive Practices 42
Now the Library 1 hr Compromised 25
Arrest of Inspector General Tony Dubois (Apr '12) 1 hr Silent 1 112
I grew up in Midlothian Facebook Page (Jul '13) 4 hr who cares 78
Police officers leaving 6 hr Tom 5
4th of July flags 7 hr Bro 22
Murder of TF South School Teacher (Nov '09) 9 hr guesswho 22
•••
•••
•••
•••

Dixmoor Jobs

•••