Why

United States

#1 Sep 23, 2013
Mayor Presta,
Why isn't Crestwood in the communities section of the Southton on line?
BOB

Alsip, IL

#2 Sep 23, 2013
Why wrote:
Mayor Presta,
Same reason as Blue Island.
Dont Believe The Hype

Evergreen Park, IL

#3 Sep 24, 2013
Why would the Village have anything to do with what communities a private paper (The Southtown Star, it hasn't been the Daily Southtown for years)?

You should ask the publisher and editor of the paper why Crestwood (along with other notable absences like Alsip, Blue Island, Palos Heights, Chicago Ridge) is not covered?

I'm also curious as to why you would think Lou would have any control over this?
Maybe because

Oak Forest, IL

#4 Sep 24, 2013
Dont Believe The Hype wrote:
Why would the Village have anything to do with what communities a private paper (The Southtown Star, it hasn't been the Daily Southtown for years)?
You should ask the publisher and editor of the paper why Crestwood (along with other notable absences like Alsip, Blue Island, Palos Heights, Chicago Ridge) is not covered?
I'm also curious as to why you would think Lou would have any control over this?
Why (the initial poster) is obviously an idiot with a grudge against the mayor so he's trying to blame him for anything he can?
Call Patch

Chicago, IL

#5 Sep 24, 2013
Maybe the dicks at patch can help! They're incompetent, immoral, stupid, disrespectful jerks, just like the Stranzek Gang! Just don't expect Patch to actually do any reporting on your town. Theyre too busy in the closet jerking each other off and praying they don't lost their jobs for ignoring the towns they're supposed to be writing about.

Give them a call today!
why

Oak Forest, IL

#6 Sep 24, 2013
Why wrote:
Mayor Presta,
All newspapers, Southtown included cover news in towns that buy newspapers. I guarantee you less than 10 percent of the homes in your town buy a newspaper. Any zip code with 20 percent delivery is considered great

Readership is higher in high demographic markets as well. The poorer the community the fewer papers are sold /read

But mainly they need to sell advertising to support the editorial. Businesses in your suburb are not buying ads and the businesses in other markets are not concerned about attracting consumers from more than a couple of miles. Most sales are generated in a businesses primary market.

Simple economics. The newspaper cannot generate enough money from your suburb. News in your town and mine is not covered unless it is catastrophic!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dixmoor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What is Ald Vieyra doing to reopen the Chatham... (Sep '10) 6 min Still Closed 606
Division Street Bridge Secretly scheduled to open 32 min Division St Bridg... 83
What Pam Frasor Don Peloquin Todd Stroger Ha... (Jan '10) 2 hr uncovered 252
Chicago ridge streets. 7 hr YUK 9
When and where are the Aldermanic Debate's 12 hr Straight Talk 8
You're an old time Riverdale/Dolton resident if... (Nov '09) 12 hr Craig 899
park dist 16 hr Voter 4
Dixmoor Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Dixmoor People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]