Village Board Term Limits

Posted in the Dixmoor Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
jagga swagga

Chicago, IL

#1 Sep 24, 2013
Our Village Trustees should discuss term limits, the hiring of a part-time fire marshal and the creation of a Ridgeland/111th Street revitalization committee in coming months.
The term-limit measure could be introduced soon. In principle, board members including the mayor would be allowed to serve no more than two consecutive four-year terms. The measure seems likely to draw at least two no votes, from trustees Dan Badon the board’s senior trustee and Mike Davies who are up for re-election in 2015 and would be affected by this new rule.
The hiring of a part-time fire marshal to inspect buildings for fire safety and issue fines is a problem for the CRFD Deputy Chiefs who do daytime inspections with their managerial salaries. This should provide cost savings to the Village.
The Mayor seems more willing to plan and work on Ridgefest, his Village Anniversary party and dream his dream of a new outdoor music venue than do any real business development. What could be happening soon is the creation of a 7-member downtown revitalization committee charged with writing a “comprehensive revitalization” plan for the 2 business districts. Each trustee and the Mayor should nominate one member each by October so this work can be started.
Ridge Resident

Tinley Park, IL

#2 Sep 24, 2013
jagga swagga wrote:
Our Village Trustees should discuss term limits, the hiring of a part-time fire marshal and the creation of a Ridgeland/111th Street revitalization committee in coming months.
The term-limit measure could be introduced soon. In principle, board members including the mayor would be allowed to serve no more than two consecutive four-year terms. The measure seems likely to draw at least two no votes, from trustees Dan Badon the board’s senior trustee and Mike Davies who are up for re-election in 2015 and would be affected by this new rule.
The hiring of a part-time fire marshal to inspect buildings for fire safety and issue fines is a problem for the CRFD Deputy Chiefs who do daytime inspections with their managerial salaries. This should provide cost savings to the Village.
The Mayor seems more willing to plan and work on Ridgefest, his Village Anniversary party and dream his dream of a new outdoor music venue than do any real business development. What could be happening soon is the creation of a 7-member downtown revitalization committee charged with writing a “comprehensive revitalization” plan for the 2 business districts. Each trustee and the Mayor should nominate one member each by October so this work can be started.
You are a Jagga something. That's for sure. Term Limits? Part-time fire inspectors? And you have the answer for business districts that have been in decline for decades? And you know that the trustees are talking about this? Term limits have never proven to work. Where they are used they often create instability and turnover. Part-time firemen are not going to be welcomed in this village and why would any 7 people that live here have any idea what to do about our sinking business district? Good night.
A Believer

Oak Lawn, IL

#3 Sep 25, 2013
well, Chicago Ridge residents have finally figured out they have a voice in the voting booth. As the last election showed us. There's more to come. Davies and Lind need to start packing. So refreshing to see positive things coming out of the Clerks office and the board room. Keep up the good work all you independents. More support is on the way in 2015.
Jacko O Really

Evergreen Park, IL

#4 Sep 25, 2013
A Believer wrote:
well, Chicago Ridge residents have finally figured out they have a voice in the voting booth. As the last election showed us. There's more to come. Davies and Lind need to start packing. So refreshing to see positive things coming out of the Clerks office and the board room. Keep up the good work all you independents. More support is on the way in 2015.
I ain't going no where. Mickey D is standing by me and my pension so buzz off you Monkey. GOD BLESS TEXAS I mean Illinois
PS Get it? Monkey? I'm A believer? Get it?
This aint no party

Chicago, IL

#5 Sep 26, 2013
Jacko O Really wrote:
<quoted text>
I ain't going no where. Mickey D is standing by me and my pension so buzz off you Monkey. GOD BLESS TEXAS I mean Illinois
PS Get it? Monkey? I'm A believer? Get it?
The only thing that’s crazy is thinking that out of 15,000 people, only a confined, elite class of individuals is qualified or ‘experienced’ to hold Village office.
Trustees and the Mayor should move on. Term limits promote competitive elections and encourage politicians to concentrate on doing the business of the people, not in filling up their campaign coffers to keep their jobs.
It should be noted the Chicago Ridge Village Board and the Mayor are highly paid when compared to surrounding villages which in part helps explain why they want to hold onto their seats.
Permanent politicians? Toss ‘em.
Action Jackson

Evergreen Park, IL

#6 Sep 26, 2013
This aint no party wrote:
<quoted text>The only thing that’s crazy is thinking that out of 15,000 people, only a confined, elite class of individuals is qualified or ‘experienced’ to hold Village office.
Trustees and the Mayor should move on. Term limits promote competitive elections and encourage politicians to concentrate on doing the business of the people, not in filling up their campaign coffers to keep their jobs.
It should be noted the Chicago Ridge Village Board and the Mayor are highly paid when compared to surrounding villages which in part helps explain why they want to hold onto their seats.
Permanent politicians? Toss ‘em.
Somebody should try and toss you ya big bubba Girly! We tried to get on your good side but we had to take two taxi's and the Metra train. We still remember the time you fell on your keester. The sonic boom knocked poor Red off his stool at the VFW. Has not been the same since.
Limit Terms

Chicago, IL

#7 Sep 27, 2013
A new poll finds Illinoisans are overwhelmingly in favor of term limits for state lawmakers.

The survey from the Paul Simon Public Policy Institute shows 78-percent of respondents like limiting representatives to no more than five consecutive two-year terms, and senators to three four-year terms.
- See more at: http://wmay.com/wmay-news/43149#sthash.47GOlU...
Dear Action Jackson

Princeton, IL

#8 Oct 3, 2013
Action Jackson wrote:
<quoted text>
Somebody should try and toss you ya big bubba Girly! We tried to get on your good side but we had to take two taxi's and the Metra train. We still remember the time you fell on your keester. The sonic boom knocked poor Red off his stool at the VFW. Has not been the same since.
They say that beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Let me be the first but not the last to tell you that your odds of getting re-elected are not too pretty.
Action Jackson and MD

Evergreen Park, IL

#9 Oct 3, 2013
Dear Action Jackson wrote:
<quoted text>They say that beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Let me be the first but not the last to tell you that your odds of getting re-elected are not too pretty.
I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow..........
This aint no party

Chicago, IL

#10 Oct 4, 2013
Action Jackson and MD wrote:
<quoted text>
Everybody knows that is what you little sissies really want...a little something on the down low. But this isnt that kind of party. This forum is for adults. Voters generally dislike candidates that are fake or contrived. Face it boys, you two are fake and contrived and you were endorsed by "Gene". So were Jim, Brad and Lynn. How did that work out for everybody? Cut your losses. Put your own term limits in. Take a walk.
Ridge Resident

United States

#11 Oct 4, 2013
Enough already. Election trash talk is bad enough. The election is almost 2 years away and so much can happen.
Actionless

Evergreen Park, IL

#12 Oct 5, 2013
Action Jackson and MD wrote:
<quoted text>
That's it? This is your best? Mikey D is teflon and he's got Jacko covering him? What you going to do loser? Nothing as usual.
Nothing is going to happen.
Limit Terms

Chicago, IL

#13 Oct 7, 2013
Actionless wrote:
<quoted text>
That's it? This is your best? Mikey D is teflon and he's got Jacko covering him? What you going to do loser? Nothing as usual.
Nothing is going to happen.
Something is going to happen. The incumbent village board trustees for 2015 are low on intellectual ability, high on deceiving the public, low on accomplishments, high on double talk. That isn’t working. The last Village election and Worth Twshp election was a huge washout warning for political "old pros". These guys have burned so many bridges in the Village their campaign is all but dead in the water.
Let's face it. In order to get elected, politicians must make all kinds of grandiose, but vague promises, which they have no ability to keep, and no intention of even trying. Once in office, they must continue to spin convincing lies about how they are keeping all their promises and making everybody's life better, while, in reality, they are robbing you blind and screwing the village over big time. Politicians are therefore professional liars.
Doomed

Chicago, IL

#14 Oct 14, 2013
Ridge Resident wrote:
<quoted text> You are a Jagga something. That's for sure. Term Limits? Part-time fire inspectors? And you have the answer for business districts that have been in decline for decades? And you know that the trustees are talking about this? Term limits have never proven to work. Where they are used they often create instability and turnover. Part-time firemen are not going to be welcomed in this village and why would any 7 people that live here have any idea what to do about our sinking business district? Good night.
How much more unstable can things be than they are right now? Chicago Ridge is not flourishing. There is very little going on in the Village that shows progress except for Chick-fillet, and what did the new mayor clerk and board have to do with that? Everyone is marking time until they can leave. The investments that people made in their homes are lost. Taxes are climbing. Businesses are failing and the Board is talking about a concert venue? 100 year old anniversary? Big deal? Give me back my rebate check.
afterburn

Chicago, IL

#15 Oct 14, 2013
Doomed wrote:
<quoted text>How much more unstable can things be than they are right now? Chicago Ridge is not flourishing. There is very little going on in the Village that shows progress except for Chick-fillet, and what did the new mayor clerk and board have to do with that? Everyone is marking time until they can leave. The investments that people made in their homes are lost. Taxes are climbing. Businesses are failing and the Board is talking about a concert venue? 100 year old anniversary? Big deal? Give me back my rebate check.
And was your name on the ballot in the last election? Just askin'
Still burning after

Evergreen Park, IL

#16 Oct 14, 2013
afterburn wrote:
<quoted text> And was your name on the ballot in the last election? Just askin'
Ya but I could have done much better if not for those darn Moody brothers.
Doomed

Chicago, IL

#17 Oct 14, 2013
afterburn wrote:
<quoted text> And was your name on the ballot in the last election? Just askin'
I trusted the people who where running. I tried to stay out of it. I always trusted Mayor Siegel but now we know he didn't leave us in such great shape. Our taxes are too high. I might run sometime. Maybe next time. Since I didn't run in the last election I can still point out problems that we have right now. Maybe I will look into how to run in the next election. This is still America right?
Keep Burning

Chicago, IL

#18 Oct 14, 2013
Still burning after wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya but I could have done much better if not for those darn Moody brothers.
No single person can guarantee good government, but one donkey can do a lot of damage.
Lind Burger Cheese

Evergreen Park, IL

#19 Oct 14, 2013
Don't worry guys. Even though I lost my most recent reelection to the Township, I will run for reelection to the village. I would ask the overwhelming majority of Chicago Ridge voters that voted against me to change their minds and vote to reelect me. I can't believe how many of my neighbors voted against me. Makes me wonder where I will find enough votes to be reelected.

Jack
Triple Lindy

Evergreen Park, IL

#20 Oct 14, 2013
Lind Burger Cheese wrote:
Don't worry guys. Even though I lost my most recent reelection to the Township, I will run for reelection to the village. I would ask the overwhelming majority of Chicago Ridge voters that voted against me to change their minds and vote to reelect me. I can't believe how many of my neighbors voted against me. Makes me wonder where I will find enough votes to be reelected.
Jack
Lind Burger Cheese. How the H-E-Double hockey sticks did I miss that one!
Come on Jack, even you got to laugh at that one!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dixmoor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chuck's Report Card 3 hr who 15
Vargas and the Judge 3 hr Heath 6
City Hall Phone Tree 5 hr on the phone 1
Midlothian park district wants more of your money 6 hr Trumbull 5
Local Politics Do you approve of Robert Rita as State Represen... (Mar '12) 8 hr Year of the Women 178
Do you approve of Justin Slaughter State Rep 27... 9 hr Consider Them Done 21
State Rep signage 10 hr Gaming the System 28

Dixmoor Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dixmoor Mortgages