90 day cooling off period
Hugs and Smiles

Chicago, IL

#42 Jul 17, 2013
The Ties wrote:
<quoted text>
Answers pieced together through interviews, records, and city documents involves a familiar mix of names, rubber stamping, political clout, and lax oversight.
Influence and clout from Rep Rita (with ties directly to Madigan) promoted appointments announced by Mayor Vargas at the Blue Island city council meeting. Blue Island an impoverished municipalitiy where transparency and accountability is lax "putting ... taxpayer dollars at risk" as an attorney, Mayor Vargas (Blue Island) and Rep Rita "should know better." 
Yellow Brick Road

Blue Island, IL

#44 Jul 17, 2013
Hugs and Smiles wrote:
<quoted text>
Influence and clout from Rep Rita (with ties directly to Madigan) promoted appointments announced by Mayor Vargas at the Blue Island city council meeting. Blue Island an impoverished municipalitiy where transparency and accountability is lax "putting ... taxpayer dollars at risk" as an attorney, Mayor Vargas (Blue Island) and Rep Rita "should know better." 
Give Mayor Rita time to complete all his firing & hiring before you criticize. There will be another election yet for him to aquire 7 more alderman and then things will only get better!
Domingoloquin

United States

#45 Jul 18, 2013
One term vargas can't see that John Rita jr. Is the cities next mayor .FOOL
Yellow Brick Road

Blue Island, IL

#46 Jul 18, 2013
Domingoloquin wrote:
One term vargas can't see that John Rita jr. Is the cities next mayor .FOOL
SSSHHH, that's a secret that's not suppose to come out yet!!!
Domingoloquin

Midlothian, IL

#47 Jul 18, 2013
Permanently cooled off.
Congrats Candice
So Sad

Blue Island, IL

#48 Jul 18, 2013
R.I.P. Alderman Janko!
Far Worse

Chicago, IL

#49 Jul 20, 2013
Charges wrote:
<quoted text>
Failure on multiple levels for all elected officials who sat on their hands, allowed and covered up the whole municipal Blue Island mess on all levels. Charges are in order regarding misappropriated funds, abuse of power, and unacceptable actions.
Bullies with no credibility or positive regard for others.
No Interest

Chicago, IL

#50 Jul 20, 2013
Hugs and Smiles wrote:
<quoted text>
Influence and clout from Rep Rita (with ties directly to Madigan) promoted appointments announced by Mayor Vargas at the Blue Island city council meeting. Blue Island an impoverished municipalitiy where transparency and accountability is lax "putting ... taxpayer dollars at risk" as an attorney, Mayor Vargas (Blue Island) and Rep Rita "should know better." 
They have no interest in "the common good" only "their own."
Ritavillle

United States

#51 Jul 20, 2013
No Interest wrote:
<quoted text>
They have no interest in "the common good" only "their own."
Joe Werner already resigned. I heard John Jr. is now holding two positions.
Welcome to Ritaville.
the patriot

Blue Island, IL

#52 Jul 20, 2013
I heard, they HATE the title of this discussion! Those who LOVE Blue Island, stick together, and fight this same old peloquin-rita regime.
Yellowbrick Road

Blue Island, IL

#53 Jul 20, 2013
Ritavillle wrote:
<quoted text>
Joe Werner already resigned. I heard John Jr. is now holding two positions.
Welcome to Ritaville.
That's what the majority of us voted for so too bad!
jobs jobs jobs

Blue Island, IL

#54 Jul 21, 2013
Yellowbrick Road wrote:
<quoted text>That's what the majority of us voted for so too bad!
We are in total agreement! Every member in our family has a state, or county job. The system works for us. We fooled the voters again.
iwin

Northbrook, IL

#55 Jul 21, 2013
Domingoloquin wrote:
One term vargas can't see that John Rita jr. Is the cities next mayor .FOOL
It is really nice seeing Mayor Vages walking around town
Domingoloquin

United States

#56 Jul 21, 2013
iwin wrote:
<quoted text>
It is really nice seeing Mayor Vages walking around town
Your point being if he walks around and is seen, then he is a good mayor.
BOB

Blue Island, IL

#57 Jul 21, 2013
Domingoloquin wrote:
<quoted text>Your point being if he walks around and is seen, then he is a good mayor.
He walks around like a blind man right past the trash and weeds.
Severe Storm Warning

Chicago, IL

#59 Jul 22, 2013
His track record as a lousy alderman, poor judgement, impulsive and poor decisions; provide Blue Island the "Perfect Storm".
BOB

Elmhurst, IL

#60 Jul 22, 2013
iwin wrote:
<quoted text>
It is really nice seeing Mayor Vages walking around town
Hey, look at me,I am BI's first Hispanic Mayor. Now what do I do?
iwin

Northbrook, IL

#61 Jul 22, 2013
BOB wrote:
<quoted text>Hey, look at me,I am BI's first Hispanic Mayor. Now what do I do?
Hey smart guy the mayor has "people for that". You really think he should pick it up himself?
BOB

Elmhurst, IL

#62 Jul 22, 2013
iwin wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey smart guy the mayor has "people for that". You really think he should pick it up himself?
If you are trying to defend his actions you are making him look worse. Cut it out.
resident

Chicago, IL

#63 Jul 23, 2013
Mayor painted it all himself saving city money.....
Slop Job wrote:
<quoted text>
Slapping on paint, sloppy jobs here and there are a waste of time and money!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dixmoor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blue Island Tree City USA 48 min SORRY 10
Mike Madigan Ready To Insult Your Intelligence ... (Feb '13) 1 hr Wonderful 422
Chuck's Report Card 6 hr who 5
Who is Kimberly Nicole Koschnitzky 9 hr He Betrayed Us 13
Do you approve of Justin Slaughter State Rep 27... 9 hr disgusting 19
Fire Chief Fired? 10 hr Enter Username 5
Mike Cornell for Chief of Police Now ! 18 hr Hey Billy 50

Dixmoor Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dixmoor Mortgages