Will Davies resign tonite or will he ...
splain this

Tinley Park, IL

#43 Jul 12, 2014
The former Cook County Commissioner and one-time business associate of Oak Lawn Trustee Bob Streit (who was friends with Chicago Ridge Trustee Mike Davies and former Trustee Brad Grove) pleaded guilty in an extortion case before a federal judge.
Joseph Mario Moreno, 60, who once represented the town of Cicero while sitting on the Cook County Board of Commissioners, confessed to one count of conspiracy to commit extortion.
Moreno also signed a plea deal acknowledging that he had accepted a $5,000 bribe to ensure the development of a waste transfer station in Cicero while sitting on the town’s economic development committee, and steering county business to a medical supply company in exchange for forgiving a $100,000 loan on his house.
The convicted ex-Cook County Commissioner served as general counsel and a managing partner of Streit and attorney friend Dennis Brennan's company, Illinois Energy Aggregation LLC that negotiates alternate energy rates on behalf of municipalities.
Illinois Energy Aggregation has secured contracts for Evergreen Park, Chicago Ridge and Worth Township. The energy company was formed in 2011, according to state records.
Moreno resigned from Illinois Energy Aggregation when he was indicated on federal corruption charges in June 2012. He now faces a maximum federal sentence of up to 20 years. He is to be sentenced on Oct. 17. The range of Moreno's crimes covered the time he served as a Cook County Commission from 1994 to 2010, and his 2010 work for the Town of Cicero, the Sun-Times reported.
Try to splain

Tinley Park, IL

#44 Jul 13, 2014
splain this wrote:
The former Cook County Commissioner and one-time business associate of Oak Lawn Trustee Bob Streit (who was friends with Chicago Ridge Trustee Mike Davies and former Trustee Brad Grove) pleaded guilty in an extortion case before a federal judge.
Joseph Mario Moreno, 60, who once represented the town of Cicero while sitting on the Cook County Board of Commissioners, confessed to one count of conspiracy to commit extortion.
Moreno also signed a plea deal acknowledging that he had accepted a $5,000 bribe to ensure the development of a waste transfer station in Cicero while sitting on the town’s economic development committee, and steering county business to a medical supply company in exchange for forgiving a $100,000 loan on his house.
The convicted ex-Cook County Commissioner served as general counsel and a managing partner of Streit and attorney friend Dennis Brennan's company, Illinois Energy Aggregation LLC that negotiates alternate energy rates on behalf of municipalities.
Illinois Energy Aggregation has secured contracts for Evergreen Park, Chicago Ridge and Worth Township. The energy company was formed in 2011, according to state records.
Moreno resigned from Illinois Energy Aggregation when he was indicated on federal corruption charges in June 2012. He now faces a maximum federal sentence of up to 20 years. He is to be sentenced on Oct. 17. The range of Moreno's crimes covered the time he served as a Cook County Commission from 1994 to 2010, and his 2010 work for the Town of Cicero, the Sun-Times reported.
A lot of cut and paste in your post but that's ok because it's still the truth. This is all common knowledge amongst the board yet nothing is done. The real question is why. Is he being protected by one or more trustees? I suspect it's only one.
Expose him/her/them and that will solve this problem.
Carmen

La Porte, IN

#45 Jul 13, 2014
Call the Feds. Get them involved. Tell them everything. They know how to clean up this filthy town.
Anthony

Tinley Park, IL

#46 Jul 13, 2014
Carmen wrote:
Call the Feds. Get them involved. Tell them everything. They know how to clean up this filthy town.
If this is the same idiotic response we keep getting we are all in big trouble. Nobody really cares!
Please Say the Words

Chicago, IL

#47 Aug 5, 2014
Given a recent opportunity to purchase a bigger house out of state, I regret to inform you all that I will be moving out of Chicago Ridge and resigning as Trustee effective immediately.
I have been privileged and honored in serving the Village Government the last 5 years Village Trustee. Living in Chicago Ridge has been great…wonderful neighbors, great residents and a terrific village government.
Over the years, I’ve always expressed my belief that local government is just as important as that of state and federal. After all, we live in the municipality, and in essence, is the first to respond to any complaints or emergencies.
The amount of respect, love and support everyone has showed my family and I will not be forgotten.
I remind everyone, whether it’s the board, the staff, or the residents, although I will be leaving town, that I’m really just a call away.
I have confidence that the Mayor, and the board, will decide on a wonderful replacement, and of course, I am excited to see Chicago Ridge continue to move forward.
Again, thank you, thank you, and thank you!"
Please Say These Words

Chicago, IL

#48 Aug 5, 2014
"Given a recent opportunity to purchase a bigger house out of state, I regret to inform you all that I will be moving out of Chicago Ridge and resigning as Trustee effective immediately.
I have been privileged and honored in serving the Village Government the last 7 years as a Village Trustee. Living in Chicago Ridge has been great…wonderful neighbors, great residents and a terrific village government.
Over the years, I’ve always expressed my belief that local government is just as important as that of state and federal. After all, we live in the municipality, and in essence, is the first to respond to any complaints or emergencies.
The amount of respect, love and support everyone has showed my family and I will not be forgotten.
I remind everyone, whether it’s the board, the staff, or the residents, although I will be leaving town, that I’m really just a call away.
I have confidence that the Mayor, and the board, will decide on a wonderful replacement, and of course, I am excited to see Chicago Ridge continue to move forward.
Again, thank you, thank you, and thank you!"
Please Say These Words

Chicago, IL

#49 Aug 6, 2014
Oh, well. There is another meeting in two weeks. on August 19th. One can hope.
Just Move Away

Chicago, IL

#50 Aug 6, 2014
Who is going to be in the running? Word is that none of the incumbents are running. Grove-Badon, Lind-Davies, have all but quit. And they probably should quit but what would be the new people’s backgrounds? What are their qualifications? What platforms will they run on? What are their solutions? We should be firm believers of the quote "If it's not broken, don't fix it." The Village should band around Mayor Tokar and only vote for his supporters and avoid the temptation to “win over” opposition instead of “rewarding” support. This always worked before. That should be what the Village does.

Ask these new people if they are just well intended but vicious and incompetent people without management experience like some former Trustees, or someone who needs no Trustee or other business management experience to run the Village? We live in a democracy. Everyone should have their chance, but do not vote for dreamers. Some of our current Trustees can’t read financial statements, so make sure that you elect new Trustees that can. And elect Trustees that want to do their business in the open and not behind closed doors.
Ratts

Chicago, IL

#51 Aug 13, 2014
I just saw him for the first time in a long time. He's really living large.
Its going to be close

Tinley Park, IL

#52 Aug 13, 2014
Ratts wrote:
I just saw him for the first time in a long time. He's really living large.
Who's taller. Mickey D laying on his back or Jackowitz standing up?
Was that a toupe he was wearing?
Problem is

Tinley Park, IL

#53 Aug 13, 2014
Will wrote:
Whats the problem? He is doing a good job. He is continuing to represent the peoples interest. He is at every meeting. He cares. I don't see why he is getting bashed.
"He is continuing to represent the peoples interest"
Who's this guy Peoples and does he own an electric agrigation company?
Gossip

Tinley Park, IL

#54 Aug 13, 2014
My name is gossip. I have no respect for justice. I maim without killing. I break hearts and ruin lives. I am cunning, malicious and gather strength with age. The more I am quoted, the more I am believed. I flourish at every level of society. My victims are helpless. They cannot protect themselves against me because I have no name and no face. To track me down is impossible. The harder you try, the more elusive I become. I am nobody's friend. Once I tarnish a reputation, it never is the same. I topple governments and wreck marriages. I ruin careers and cause sleepless nights, heartaches and indigestion. I spawn suspicion and generate grief. I make innocent people cry in their pillows. Even my name hisses. I am GOSSIP. Office gossip, shop gossip, parking lot gossip, social media gossip - I make headlines and headaches. REMEMBER before you repeat a story ask yourself; is it true? Is it fair? Is it necessary? If not, do not repeat it. Great minds discuss...events. Shallow minds discuss people...
Ridge Rat forever

Tinley Park, IL

#55 Aug 14, 2014
Gossip wrote:
My name is gossip. I have no respect for justice. I maim without killing. I break hearts and ruin lives. I am cunning, malicious and gather strength with age. The more I am quoted, the more I am believed. I flourish at every level of society. My victims are helpless. They cannot protect themselves against me because I have no name and no face. To track me down is impossible. The harder you try, the more elusive I become. I am nobody's friend. Once I tarnish a reputation, it never is the same. I topple governments and wreck marriages. I ruin careers and cause sleepless nights, heartaches and indigestion. I spawn suspicion and generate grief. I make innocent people cry in their pillows. Even my name hisses. I am GOSSIP. Office gossip, shop gossip, parking lot gossip, social media gossip - I make headlines and headaches. REMEMBER before you repeat a story ask yourself; is it true? Is it fair? Is it necessary? If not, do not repeat it. Great minds discuss...events. Shallow minds discuss people...
Your name is gossip? I thought it was Jacko Linburgercheese, the President of the Mickey D Fan Club.
Just remember some of the poor condidates you tried to destroy in the past Mr. Gossip.
Oscar Wilde

Chicago, IL

#56 Aug 15, 2014
Summer 2013 wrote:
On Top Of the World....What a Joke.. He had to abandon his nice home on Oxford... His Law Business is a flop....He is Short and Fat and Ugly and Dumb. He lives in his Mother's basement... His wife and kids live in Texas.....On Top Of The World what a JOKE!
He has no enemies, but is intensely disliked by his friends
Hes Back

Oak Lawn, IL

#57 Aug 18, 2014
I just saw him getting a golf-cart ride from the Red Caps in the terminal at Midway Airport. I couldn't tell if he was going to a different gate or was headed to baggage claim, but he is in the area somewhere. He would have to be staying here for the meeting. Right? I want to hear him tell us what he thinks about Medical Pot.
Baby bumble bee

Tinley Park, IL

#58 Aug 19, 2014
Hes Back wrote:
I just saw him getting a golf-cart ride from the Red Caps in the terminal at Midway Airport. I couldn't tell if he was going to a different gate or was headed to baggage claim, but he is in the area somewhere. He would have to be staying here for the meeting. Right? I want to hear him tell us what he thinks about Medical Pot.
Did he look taller standing up or laying down or couldn't you tell?
Still got the Beatles hair thing going?
Event Manager

Chicago, IL

#59 Aug 20, 2014
Gossip wrote:
Okay great mind let's discuss some events. How about the events that didn't take place? Like how about that this trustee did not resign last night even though he has moved to Texas and commutes to meetings? Like how about when did this trustee move out of town and start to use the Ridgeland address as a "front"? When did all the other trustees and mayor find out that he moved and was using an address of a condo that his law firm purchased and is renting out as his local "residence"? Why haven't the trustees done anything about this? They are responsible for this. They are not earning trust by sitting back. They are all cowards.
mikedidntlose

Chicago, IL

#60 Sep 18, 2014
Mike didn’t lose but he is still a loser and he is dragging the community with him to Laughingstockville. The village needs people who are active in the community; it’s time the trustees fell in line with public opinion. His demeanor during the last year's worth of meetings has been difficult to accept. In fact it is unacceptable. He offers nothing. He contributes nothing.
It's time he stepped down and told the truth. It's time to resign when people become embarrassed by what the village has become and that he is the cause. Because the other trustees and the Mayor know that he does not live in this community this issue will reflect on them.
It’s time to resign when you can’t be counted on to do the right thing, like arranging for your personal lawyer pal, your best friend from Oak Lawn’s board and their felon partner into the Village to scarf up consulting fees. Resign already.
Health risk

United States

#61 Sep 18, 2014
I saw A recent photo of Mike Davies, in the Chicago Ridge update.. I felt amazingly sorry for Mike. He has become morbidly obese's. And clearly on deaths door. He needs help, he's obviously very depressed, things must be falling apart for him. No judging, people should stop saying bad things about him, he is eating himself to death. His body is so deformed, greatly damaged. We should perform a love circle, around him. And nuzzle him withour love.
Dumb

Tinley Park, IL

#62 Sep 18, 2014
Health risk wrote:
I saw A recent photo of Mike Davies, in the Chicago Ridge update.. I felt amazingly sorry for Mike. He has become morbidly obese's. And clearly on deaths door. He needs help, he's obviously very depressed, things must be falling apart for him. No judging, people should stop saying bad things about him, he is eating himself to death. His body is so deformed, greatly damaged. We should perform a love circle, around him. And nuzzle him withour love.
So inspite of all the problems he decides to stand next to Mr. Quintos for pictures? Maybe should have stood behind Lind.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dixmoor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
B.I.P.D. needs leadership now (Aug '14) 10 min Blue Team WC 373
Our Lady of the Ridge School Closing 15 min False Article 5
FBI at city hall 41 min Highly Amused 21
News Former Hells Angels Leader Sentenced (Nov '06) 3 hr Tony 217
Joe Gatrell's vaunted slate 11 hr John L 87
who GEORGE SCHLEYER? (May '12) 12 hr Bye Bye 64
2017 Alsip Municipal Election 15 hr Same Old Same Old 20

Dixmoor Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance