Will Davies resign tonite or will he ...
Sirens

Oak Lawn, IL

#21 Mar 11, 2014
Will wrote:
Whats the problem? He is doing a good job. He is continuing to represent the peoples interest. He is at every meeting. He cares. I don't see why he is getting bashed.
He cares? Who are you crapping? Everybody knows that the only time he isn’t lying is when his mouth is NOT moving. He spends most of the meetings these days staring at his iPAD. Maybe he is watching TV. So what if he has better attendance these days? He brings nothing to the meetings. If a lawyer holds public office it is professional misconduct to use that office to obtain, or attempt to obtain, a special advantage in any legislative matter under circumstances where the lawyer knows or reasonably should know that such action is not in the public interest. He has done that plenty of times already. Why do you think that since he is staying so quiet? Because someone told him to zip it?
Will

Summit Argo, IL

#22 Mar 12, 2014
He is looking at the IPAD because he has all the minutes and committee reports loaded onto it already. He is very techy.
He brings that kind of forward thinking to a village that is a little behind the times. Other people on that board think its still 1994. We need to be innovative.
Hey Will County

Chicago, IL

#23 Mar 12, 2014
Will wrote:
He is looking at the IPAD because he has all the minutes and committee reports loaded onto it already. He is very techy.
He brings that kind of forward thinking to a village that is a little behind the times. Other people on that board think its still 1994. We need to be innovative.
If he is such a techie how many proposals has he made to upgrade the Village? His own storefront law office in that industrial park doesn't have a website. Either you are Mike or you are in your own technology desert
yoHey

Chicago, IL

#24 Mar 12, 2014
Cut him some slack. The guy works hard.
health insurance

Chicago, IL

#25 Mar 12, 2014
I'm gonna take it away from you mike.
Will

Summit Argo, IL

#26 Mar 13, 2014
And also what is this crap about him resigning? He was elected to a 4 year term and is doing a good job. So bug off. All of you.
Lind me your ear

Evergreen Park, IL

#27 Mar 13, 2014
Will wrote:
And also what is this crap about him resigning? He was elected to a 4 year term and is doing a good job. So bug off. All of you.
Thanks Jack!
Public Affairs Department

Chicago, IL

#28 Mar 13, 2014
Will wrote:
It seems American politics is constantly filled with news stories of high ranking public officials who get caught in an extra-marital affair, and then either resign or are forced by political pressures to resign. Had Some studies show about 50% of Americans have extramarital affairs. So I would expect that a significant percentage of our elected officials are having affairs. Should they all resign?

Is there a contradiction here? Should we hold our elected officials to a higher standard than we (as citizens) appear to hold for ourselves?
Truthful

New Lenox, IL

#29 Mar 13, 2014
The best minds are not in government. If the were business would hire them right away.
The Fork

Chicago, IL

#30 Mar 14, 2014
Will wrote:
He should resign. He might find precious time to attend the two monthly meetings but He isn't here. He lives in Texas with his wife and kids.Get over it. Stick the Fork in Him.
Paull

Chicago, IL

#31 Mar 14, 2014
He is doing a good job and does not need to quit. I mean all he has to do is drive around and see the potholes are fixed, the streets are plowed and the police are on patrol. Besides, he is here most of the time thinking of ways life can be better in the Ridge. He brought in low priced electricity, a state of art firehouse and Ridgefest has never been more fun.

Some of the best minds are in government. Maybe you people will figure that out sooner than later.
To Paull

Schaumburg, IL

#32 Mar 16, 2014
Paull wrote:
He is doing a good job and does not need to quit. I mean all he has to do is drive around and see the potholes are fixed, the streets are plowed and the police are on patrol. Besides, he is here most of the time thinking of ways life can be better in the Ridge. He brought in low priced electricity, a state of art firehouse and Ridgefest has never been more fun.
Some of the best minds are in government. Maybe you people will figure that out sooner than later.
Maybe Ronald Reagan was wrong about the best minds not being in government but you can't be right about this guy doing a good job for our Village. He is a disruptive menace who has accomplished nothing in his term except create ill will. He voted against every aspect of the new firehouse. He voted to give a no-bid contract to an old friend who quit being a roofer to become an energy aggregator consultant he did not bring cheap electricity to town. Ridgefest is only more fun if you add him falling down drunk to the Ted Nugent show. But I do agree that he can drive around the Village to inspect pothole projects if only he was ever in the Village. His term is almost over.
Will

Summit Argo, IL

#33 Mar 21, 2014
Not true. Eleectric rates have dropped in Chicago Ridge because of the efforts of Trustee Davies. New jobs are being created throughout because of the low rates. Look at what is happening at the mall. New stores everywhere, a sparkling food court unlike anything, new seats in the theaters and the bridge is rebuilt from the ground up.
ur choice

Evergreen Park, IL

#36 Mar 22, 2014
Lifetime health Insurance or Rich Ruge. Your choice.
Will

Summit Argo, IL

#37 Mar 31, 2014
Looks like no one is going to need lifetime health insurance with Obamacare.
Tuesday board meeting

Evergreen Park, IL

#38 Mar 31, 2014
Will wrote:
Looks like no one is going to need lifetime health insurance with Obamacare.
This is THE meeting to be at so be there.
Wrong

Oak Lawn, IL

#39 Apr 1, 2014
Tuesday board meeting wrote:
<quoted text>
This is THE meeting to be at so be there.
What happened at the meeting? You said this is the one! I was there and nothing happened! The Mayor has no balls to do anything against Mikie because of Jack. Mayor won't step up to the plate and be a straight forward guy. But what else is new Chuck never was that type of a guy anyways. Mayor Chucks downfall is Jack, who he listens to for some unknown reason.
come clean

United States

#40 Apr 3, 2014
if ya think there is something going on then you have to call the chicago office of the FBI. when it comes to public corruption, they want to hear it all.

I don't know if there is something going on but when you look at all of the contracts and the electricity thing, you have to wonder.

if all is good then they issue a clean bill of health. end of the problem and at least we will know.
OaklawnNot

Chicago, IL

#41 Apr 14, 2014
come clean wrote:
if ya think there is something going on then you have to call the chicago office of the FBI. when it comes to public corruption, they want to hear it all.
I don't know if there is something going on but when you look at all of the contracts and the electricity thing, you have to wonder.
if all is good then they issue a clean bill of health. end of the problem and at least we will know.
Thanks for the very bush league Oak Lawn-like idea. When you are that screwed up that you can't tell what is illegal and when you don't trust your own trustees, police or lawyers, just call for a Federal Investigation. Brilliant! That's like dialing 911 when you need aspirin. Why not roll up your sleeves and look at the records? Why not just call out the wrong-doers and have a public hearing.
Big Idea

Tinley Park, IL

#42 Jul 12, 2014
didn't one of the Chicago Ridge Deputy Chiefs run the Worth Fire Department on his off-days? Maybe we can get him back....oh wait...now I remember. He was Brad's pal.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dixmoor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tokar Fest 2017 2 hr name change 15
News 15 Wounded In Tuesday Shootings Across Chicago 6 hr Resident 4
First National Bank Buildings to be Auctioned 7 hr Resident 2
Dolton city sticker tickets given on private pr... (Jul '10) 10 hr Resident 9
Will the Real Robert Rita Please Stand Up (Jan '16) 14 hr Change is needed 37
Oak Forest officials discuss video gambling reg... 14 hr Resident Confucious 2
Review; Jimmy's Gentlemen's Club (Jul '14) 15 hr Lol 24

Dixmoor Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance