Will Davies resign tonite or will he ...

Will Davies resign tonite or will he try to hang on til Ridgefest.

Posted in the Dixmoor Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Hal

Chicago, IL

#1 Jul 16, 2013
The meeting starts in a few. Will someone let me know.
Hal No

Chicago, IL

#2 Jul 17, 2013
Umm...no resignation. Why did you expect business to be done at last night's meeting? Everything has been dropped for the Fest. But why do you think he will resign anyway? What possible reason do you have? He has it all...he's on top of the world as they say.
Summer 2013

Chicago Ridge, IL

#3 Jul 17, 2013
On Top Of the World....What a Joke.. He had to abandon his nice home on Oxford... His Law Business is a flop....He is Short and Fat and Ugly and Dumb. He lives in his Mother's basement... His wife and kids live in Texas.....On Top Of The World what a JOKE!
Hal No

Chicago, IL

#4 Jul 18, 2013
Enough already. He is a hot commodity. He is out from under a huge mortgage and he makes a good living. The business in Texas will net big bucks and if he his living in with relatives, he is saving a fortune. He isn't the first guy to run businesses in two states. Why would he resign? The Village Board should give him a bonus to stay.
I was listening

Chicago, IL

#5 Jul 18, 2013
Hey I went to the meeting the other night and I had no idea what they were talking about. They all mumble and avoid their mic. How would you know what Davies did. I was surprised a few times about the reports that they were making.
Some splaining to do

Chicago, IL

#6 Jul 19, 2013
The former Cook County Commissioner and one-time business associate of Oak Lawn Trustee Bob Streit (who was friends with Chicago Ridge Trustee Mike Davies and former Trustee Brad Grove) pleaded guilty in an extortion case before a federal judge.
Joseph Mario Moreno, 60, who once represented the town of Cicero while sitting on the Cook County Board of Commissioners, confessed to one count of conspiracy to commit extortion.
Moreno also signed a plea deal acknowledging that he had accepted a $5,000 bribe to ensure the development of a waste transfer station in Cicero while sitting on the townís economic development committee, and steering county business to a medical supply company in exchange for forgiving a $100,000 loan on his house.
The convicted ex-Cook County Commissioner served as general counsel and a managing partner of Streit and attorney friend Dennis Brennan's company, Illinois Energy Aggregation LLC that negotiates alternate energy rates on behalf of municipalities.
Illinois Energy Aggregation has secured contracts for Evergreen Park, Chicago Ridge and Worth Township. The energy company was formed in 2011, according to state records.
Moreno resigned from Illinois Energy Aggregation when he was indicated on federal corruption charges in June 2012. He now faces a maximum federal sentence of up to 20 years. He is to be sentenced on Oct. 17. The range of Moreno's crimes covered the time he served as a Cook County Commission from 1994 to 2010, and his 2010 work for the Town of Cicero, the Sun-Times reported.
Gill

United States

#7 Jul 21, 2013
Dennis Brennan represented Mike Davies when Davies got sued by his former law partners.
Gill

United States

#8 Jul 21, 2013
Living in his mothers basement? How sick is that? I thought he is a big shot lawyer. A 50 year old big shot lawyer living with his ma ma? In the basement?

Why did his wife and children leave? Does anybody know what is going on with him. This is so bizarre. Did he have a breakdown or did she just wise up.

And if everything is ok. Which doesn't seem. Why is he hanging around here.

So many questions questions questions. No answers
You Know Who

Palos Heights, IL

#9 Jul 22, 2013
Gill wrote:
Living in his mothers basement? How sick is that? I thought he is a big shot lawyer. A 50 year old big shot lawyer living with his ma ma? In the basement?
Why did his wife and children leave? Does anybody know what is going on with him. This is so bizarre. Did he have a breakdown or did she just wise up.
And if everything is ok. Which doesn't seem. Why is he hanging around here.
So many questions questions questions. No answers
Not so complicated. Davies is all about Davies. He is the ultimate name dropper. He is not a high powered lawyer. Real estate work is not lucrative. His need for attemtion Doesnt match his Bank account.His wife tired of the fishbowl. Enough?
You Know Who

Chicago, IL

#10 Sep 5, 2013
I just checked. No resignation. No response from "Hal" and "Gil". No truth to this rumour. So drop it now.
Really

Lockport, IL

#11 Sep 9, 2013
This is the biggest bunch a misinformed people I have ever seen.

Not living in his mothers basement, she doesn't have one.

Why is it any one's business where he or his family resides?

He has every right to continue on the board. He is still a homeowner in Chicago Ridge who spends some time in another state. I believe that the former mayor and an ousted trustee spent most of their days in Florida, but I guess since their wives were with them it was not an issue? Why people believe any of this crap on this blog is beyond me!
Your Nighmare

South Elgin, IL

#12 Sep 9, 2013
Really wrote:
This is the biggest bunch a misinformed people I have ever seen.
Not living in his mothers basement, she doesn't have one.
Why is it any one's business where he or his family resides?
He has every right to continue on the board. He is still a homeowner in Chicago Ridge who spends some time in another state. I believe that the former mayor and an ousted trustee spent most of their days in Florida, but I guess since their wives were with them it was not an issue? Why people believe any of this crap on this blog is beyond me!
Don't say none of it is true. Davies should resign because he conspired to hire his own lawyer's firm for the village. That company had one of its partners plead guilty in federal court . He has a conflict of interest that he needed to disclose and abstain on.
UHATEME

Chicago, IL

#13 Sep 11, 2013
This is the letter that only an honest man will write.

"Given a recent opportunity to purchase a bigger house out of state, I regret to inform you all that I will be moving out of Chicago Ridge and resigning as Trustee effective immediately.
I have been privileged and honored in serving the Village Government the last 5 years Village Trustee. Living in Chicago Ridge has been greatÖwonderful neighbors, great residents and a terrific village government.
Over the years, Iíve always expressed my belief that local government is just as important as that of state and federal. After all, we live in the municipality, and in essence, is the first to respond to any complaints or emergencies.
The amount of respect, love and support everyone has showed my family and I will not be forgotten.
I remind everyone, whether itís the board, the staff, or the residents, although I will be leaving town, that Iím really just a call away.
I have confidence that the Mayor, and the board, will decide on a wonderful replacement, and of course, I am excited to see Chicago Ridge continue to move forward.
Again, thank you, thank you, and thank you!"

In Da Ridge this will never happen. Writing this letter takes integrity.
Chimpeach Them

Chicago, IL

#14 Sep 16, 2013
Some splaining to do wrote:
The former Cook County Commissioner and one-time business associate of Oak Lawn Trustee Bob Streit (who was friends with Chicago Ridge Trustee Mike Davies and former Trustee Brad Grove) pleaded guilty in an extortion case before a federal judge.
Joseph Mario Moreno, 60, who once represented the town of Cicero while sitting on the Cook County Board of Commissioners, confessed to one count of conspiracy to commit extortion.
Moreno also signed a plea deal acknowledging that he had accepted a $5,000 bribe to ensure the development of a waste transfer station in Cicero while sitting on the townís economic development committee, and steering county business to a medical supply company in exchange for forgiving a $100,000 loan on his house.
The convicted ex-Cook County Commissioner served as general counsel and a managing partner of Streit and attorney friend Dennis Brennan's company, Illinois Energy Aggregation LLC that negotiates alternate energy rates on behalf of municipalities.
Illinois Energy Aggregation has secured contracts for Evergreen Park, Chicago Ridge and Worth Township. The energy company was formed in 2011, according to state records.
Moreno resigned from Illinois Energy Aggregation when he was indicated on federal corruption charges in June 2012. He now faces a maximum federal sentence of up to 20 years. He is to be sentenced on Oct. 17. The range of Moreno's crimes covered the time he served as a Cook County Commission from 1994 to 2010, and his 2010 work for the Town of Cicero, the Sun-Times reported.
These people make laws then they get exemption from them. Let's stop the hypocrisy and throw every monkey out of office. God bless the USA.

Let's stop rewarding failure and start rewarding excellence.
mikedidntlose

Chicago, IL

#15 Sep 17, 2013
Mike didnít lose but he is a loser. The village needs people who are active in the community; itís time the trustees fell in line with public opinion. Perhaps it's time he stepped down and allowed new blood to come in. It's time to resign when people become embarrassed by what the village has become. Itís time to resign when oneís focus needs to be on their family. Itís time to resign when there are serious health reasons. Decisions are not easily made when there are medical complications in the mix. Itís time to resign when you canít be counted on to do the right thing, like arranging for your personal lawyer pal, your best friend from Oak Lawnís board and their felon partner into the Village to scarf up consulting fees. Resign already.
Friend

Chicago, IL

#16 Oct 1, 2013
mikedidntlose wrote:
Mike didnít lose but he is a loser. The village needs people who are active in the community; itís time the trustees fell in line with public opinion. Perhaps it's time he stepped down and allowed new blood to come in. It's time to resign when people become embarrassed by what the village has become. Itís time to resign when oneís focus needs to be on their family. Itís time to resign when there are serious health reasons. Decisions are not easily made when there are medical complications in the mix. Itís time to resign when you canít be counted on to do the right thing, like arranging for your personal lawyer pal, your best friend from Oak Lawnís board and their felon partner into the Village to scarf up consulting fees. Resign already.
stay here Mike. Don't run.
Outsider

Chicago, IL

#17 Oct 2, 2013
Friend wrote:
<quoted text>stay here Mike. Don't run.
If you are really his friend tell him to run for reelection with his bar buddies and let new independent candidates pound him. It will be interesting watching the ensuing train wreck.
No Fool

Chicago, IL

#18 Oct 3, 2013
Outsider wrote:
<quoted text>If you are really his friend tell him to run for reelection with his bar buddies and let new independent candidates pound him. It will be interesting watching the ensuing train wreck.
It is foolish and counterproductive to compare elections to disasters. Elections are not disasters like train wrecks. People live after elections. Sometimes the wrong people win elections. Sometimes the people that you want to win don't. To see whatís in front of oneís nose requires a constant struggle.The good news, however, is that the tornado of idiocy that seems to accompany recent Village campaigns ó remember ďlipstick on a pigĒ?ó doesnít much matter. But the problem for those of us paying attention to Village business is rather the opposite: To ignore what keeps being thrust in front of oneís face requires its own sort of struggle. There are many people in CR who can't ignore the uselessness and clueless behavior of the board.
Truth

Chicago, IL

#19 Mar 10, 2014
Everyone seems to have gotten over the fact that Mikey lives in Texas and commutes to Chicago Ridge for meetings and small amounts of business.

Ron Paul said in one of the presidential debates last year that "Truth is treason in the empire of lies." Da Ridge is truly becoming an empire of lies.
Will

Lombard, IL

#20 Mar 11, 2014
Whats the problem? He is doing a good job. He is continuing to represent the peoples interest. He is at every meeting. He cares. I don't see why he is getting bashed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dixmoor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Floodlothian 2 hr Wet Deficit 2
News Slates Battle for Worth Township Seats (Jan '13) 3 hr First is Worst 13
Berkot's thread Missing 4 hr Threats 17
Water usage 5 hr trumbull 159
Jewel to close third week of June (Apr '09) 6 hr pecuilar 466
Midlothian Trustees there way or no way! 7 hr Wet Deficit 19
Jack Hille Handicap Parking 9 hr Are you kidding me 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dixmoor Mortgages