BUILD BI2

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Blue Island has lots of rental homes - a home on our street was rented by a fine couple but the property owners never maintained the home nor did they use the rental money to pay the note. Eventually the house was foreclosed - forcing this nice couple to move ... Through no fault of their own . Don't know what, if anything happened to the property owners - slumlords and scam artisits.

So, now the house has been resold and people are working on it ...likely it will be the same scenario ...

As properties go for tens of thousands other slumlords will scoop them up throughout the city.

How do we as a city and as a community prevent this degration of our community? Are rental property owners forced to register with the city and does the city do any follow-up checking?
An Ordinance for

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

BUILD BI2 wrote:
Blue Island has lots of rental homes - a home on our street was rented by a fine couple but the property owners never maintained the home nor did they use the rental money to pay the note. Eventually the house was foreclosed - forcing this nice couple to move ... Through no fault of their own . Don't know what, if anything happened to the property owners - slumlords and scam artisits.
So, now the house has been resold and people are working on it ...likely it will be the same scenario ...
As properties go for tens of thousands other slumlords will scoop them up throughout the city.
How do we as a city and as a community prevent this degration of our community? Are rental property owners forced to register with the city and does the city do any follow-up checking?
Sold or rented inspections are a requirement.
Call the Building Department.
Planet peloquin

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

An Ordinance for wrote:
<quoted text>
Sold or rented inspections are a requirement.
Call the Building Department.
building dept. does nothing
Domingoloquin

Orland Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Planet peloquin wrote:
<quoted text>building dept. does nothing
How dare you say they do nothing!
They show up day in and day out, you try that sometime. It is not easy to sit still for eight to ten hours a day kissing ass.
After Tuesday's swearing in less will you see done in this town.
BITaxpayer

Huntington, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Planet peloquin wrote:
<quoted text>building dept. does nothing
You want to know how bad it is at the Building Department? Bob Adams and Jim Rial take 2 hour lunches and have made it clear the the new Mayor better get use to it. They have crowed all over the town that Vargas can't run the town with out them. Rial especially, from what rumors are flying about, laughed in Vargas' face when the new mayor told him to straighten his act out or he's gone. Adams was said to have just nodded his head, yawned at Vargas, smiled and walked out. These 2 knuckleheads have to go....NOW!
Clean Up and Drop

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Clean up, drug, and alcohol drop all of the Building Department employees.
LL needs to be stopped

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

I am a friend of the renter at 2228 Prairie. Owner was not paying mortgage and property is in foreclosure. My friend was looking for a new place because he was afraid bank would force him out. He asked owner if he could use security deposit to pay last month's rent and LL said no. He then took him to court and got him evicted. He did this because he would only except cash for rent and would never provide a receipt. Each month he would say, I'll get you receipt and never did. If my friend threatened to not pay rent he said he would kick him out. Apparently the owner is going thru a divorce and is hiding money by saying he isn't collecting rent because of the foreclosure which is not true. After my friend moves Im sure he's going to rent it out again even tho it's in foreclosure. Is this legal? Collecting rent but not paying mortgage putting the tenant in jeopardy? Can't the city prevent a Certificate of Occupancy for the unit since it's in foreclosure so another tenant doesn't have to be subjected to this fraud?
iwin

Glenview, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

LL needs to be stopped wrote:
I am a friend of the renter at 2228 Prairie. Owner was not paying mortgage and property is in foreclosure. My friend was looking for a new place because he was afraid bank would force him out. He asked owner if he could use security deposit to pay last month's rent and LL said no. He then took him to court and got him evicted. He did this because he would only except cash for rent and would never provide a receipt. Each month he would say, I'll get you receipt and never did. If my friend threatened to not pay rent he said he would kick him out. Apparently the owner is going thru a divorce and is hiding money by saying he isn't collecting rent because of the foreclosure which is not true. After my friend moves Im sure he's going to rent it out again even tho it's in foreclosure. Is this legal? Collecting rent but not paying mortgage putting the tenant in jeopardy? Can't the city prevent a Certificate of Occupancy for the unit since it's in foreclosure so another tenant doesn't have to be subjected to this fraud?
Oh yer funny. Let me get this straight you here a rumor the owner is havin trouble paying the mortgage so therefore rent is free from now on? Which came first the chicken or the egg? Can't decide, well kill the chicken then...
LL needs to be stopped

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

It's no rumor, you can look the property up on the Cook County Recorder's website. It's in foreclosure. I never said rent was free. Tenant was paying rent, just wanted to use security deposit as last month's rent. It's a courtesy ALOT of Landlords agree to.

And he's not having trouble paying the mortgage. He just refuses to. I searched his name on the Cook County Clerks website to see if their were any lawsuits against him and apparently he's going thru a divorce. Sounds like he's hiding money if you ask me. Collecting rent and not paying mortgage.
Island Blues

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

LL needs to be stopped wrote:
It's no rumor, you can look the property up on the Cook County Recorder's website. It's in foreclosure. I never said rent was free. Tenant was paying rent, just wanted to use security deposit as last month's rent. It's a courtesy ALOT of Landlords agree to.
And he's not having trouble paying the mortgage. He just refuses to. I searched his name on the Cook County Clerks website to see if their were any lawsuits against him and apparently he's going thru a divorce. Sounds like he's hiding money if you ask me. Collecting rent and not paying mortgage.
All of walk aways need to be inventoried by the Building Department for property maintaince to ensure at minimum the grass is cut regularly.
blue

Wheaton, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

whats the exact address of this dump? The person being evicted. r u still living on said property? If so, stay until cook county comes to evict. Don'T pay rent. not a single penny. If there is a problem call blue island police. Landlord can do nothing. To find out eviction date call cook county they will tell you excatly. Landlord turns of utilites call police. Blue Island will know there are problems with property. The landlord can not charge you rent after the eviction. He will then go into foreclousure sale. Then the bank will call, and ask you to leave. U say yes 3 months. they will say its ok. It takes the sheriff 6 months to arrive. And if this goes after nov 1, you can stay till may. They do not evict in the winter. Hey if you moved. Just leave behind some furniture. watch the property. if you see stuff moved. call the police. landlord is in violation of a illegal eviction, and sue. Any lawyer will take it. And stay until landlordlord loses in court. u will have 1 year rent free. Thats because he is a slum lord. Did this property have occupancy permit. if not at time of rental he is done. You can file a motion for the judge to hear the case again, and beat the eviction.
iwin

Glenview, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

blue wrote:
whats the exact address of this dump? The person being evicted. r u still living on said property? If so, stay until cook county comes to evict. Don'T pay rent. not a single penny. If there is a problem call blue island police. Landlord can do nothing. To find out eviction date call cook county they will tell you excatly. Landlord turns of utilites call police. Blue Island will know there are problems with property. The landlord can not charge you rent after the eviction. He will then go into foreclousure sale. Then the bank will call, and ask you to leave. U say yes 3 months. they will say its ok. It takes the sheriff 6 months to arrive. And if this goes after nov 1, you can stay till may. They do not evict in the winter. Hey if you moved. Just leave behind some furniture. watch the property. if you see stuff moved. call the police. landlord is in violation of a illegal eviction, and sue. Any lawyer will take it. And stay until landlordlord loses in court. u will have 1 year rent free. Thats because he is a slum lord. Did this property have occupancy permit. if not at time of rental he is done. You can file a motion for the judge to hear the case again, and beat the eviction.
And that's why blue island looks like hell. free legal advice printing dead beat tenants with their hand out all the time
Fooled again

Alsip, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

iwin wrote:
<quoted text>
And that's why blue island looks like hell. free legal advice printing dead beat tenants with their hand out all the time
Blue Island looks like hell because of Peloquin and his deadbeat administration.
prick

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

BITaxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
You want to know how bad it is at the Building Department? Bob Adams and Jim Rial take 2 hour lunches and have made it clear the the new Mayor better get use to it. They have crowed all over the town that Vargas can't run the town with out them. Rial especially, from what rumors are flying about, laughed in Vargas' face when the new mayor told him to straighten his act out or he's gone. Adams was said to have just nodded his head, yawned at Vargas, smiled and walked out. These 2 knuckleheads have to go....NOW!
No, they are brilliant. They understand bob Rita is in charge. Vargas is not calling the shots. And he never will.
does nothing

Orland Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Fooled again wrote:
<quoted text>Blue Island looks like hell because of Peloquin and his deadbeat administration.
And Vargas was part of that administration for over 20 years! Why do so many people refuse to acknowledge that? He is USELESS! Alderman, Mayor Pro Tem, Mayor....doesn't matter. He's useless.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 15 of15
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Dixmoor Discussions

Search the Dixmoor Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Blue Island eyes rowing center, larger marina 17 min Row - Row - Row Your Boat 11
City Attorney ShawnTe Raines has No Municipal A... 30 min Thankful 30
Mike Madigan Ready To Insult Your Intelligence ... (Feb '13) 1 hr power 200
moving to Essex 5 hr What 6
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 5 hr Obama Suks 48,696
Calumet City in the 60's & 70's (Feb '10) 5 hr cal city 58
Hog Wild Restaurant 6 hr 1st post 22
•••

Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at July 12 at 8:58PM CDT

•••
•••
•••
Dixmoor Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Dixmoor Jobs