George Schleyer, Promises kept.

Posted in the Dixmoor Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
A Believer

Chicago, IL

#1 May 22, 2013
As he promised our new Village Clerk, George Schleyer has opted out of participating in the IMRF pension plan. He said he would rather spend his time WORKING for the taxpayers instead of trying to justify a pension. Kudos to George. If all our elected officials were this honest and fair there might not be a pension crisis in Chicago Ridge. Carry on Mr. Clerk. By the way, don't forget the independents are going to be sworn in May 28th, 7 pm, be there to show your support.
Good Job

Evergreen Park, IL

#2 May 22, 2013
George is doing the right thing by putting the tax payers first. I happen to know that Ed Moody also rejected the pension plan. Lets hope that every elected official will follow the example set by Ed and George!
Get a life

Chicago, IL

#3 May 22, 2013
You people are so pathetic.
Reformer

Chicago, IL

#4 May 22, 2013
Thank God for people like George and Ed for looking out for those of us who pay all the bills. George your going to be a great clerk.
ugh

Evergreen Park, IL

#5 May 22, 2013
A Believer wrote:
As he promised our new Village Clerk, George Schleyer has opted out of participating in the IMRF pension plan. He said he would rather spend his time WORKING for the taxpayers instead of trying to justify a pension. Kudos to George. If all our elected officials were this honest and fair there might not be a pension crisis in Chicago Ridge. Carry on Mr. Clerk. By the way, don't forget the independents are going to be sworn in May 28th, 7 pm, be there to show your support.
I don't understand. Is George a clerk or a voting village trustee? If he opts out of the IMRF pension, that is his choice. I didn't realize there was any morality attached to this decision. Of course he is going to WORK for the people. That is what he is being paid for. If a pension is offered as a perk for your job, why would you not take it if you do your job honestly and to the best of your ability? Are other people who WORK for taxpayers, or WORK for their employer expected to opt out of their pensions? This is political posturing by another "non-political" "reformer".
cridger

Tinley Park, IL

#6 May 23, 2013
where in the hell in the private sector do you see pensions for part time jobs? we simply cannot afford it
Rat Watch

Chicago, IL

#7 May 23, 2013
cridger wrote:
where in the hell in the private sector do you see pensions for part time jobs? we simply cannot afford it
I like how you can keep calling the Village Clerk job a part-time Job. The responsibilities of the job are pretty big ones. That is what Mayor Chuck always told us. The pay is less than it used to be. Is that what makes it part-time? The job is still the same job. Every union job you can think of has pensions no matter how many hours are worked. Shleyer will work plenty of hours in his "part-time" job and he will wish he took advantage of the benefits. He kept his word, and that is good, but he is trying to be a martyr.
ugh

Wilmette, IL

#8 May 23, 2013
Rat Watch wrote:
<quoted text>I like how you can keep calling the Village Clerk job a part-time Job. The responsibilities of the job are pretty big ones. That is what Mayor Chuck always told us. The pay is less than it used to be. Is that what makes it part-time? The job is still the same job. Every union job you can think of has pensions no matter how many hours are worked. Shleyer will work plenty of hours in his "part-time" job and he will wish he took advantage of the benefits. He kept his word, and that is good, but he is trying to be a martyr.
Thank you for seeing my point.
part time

Wilmette, IL

#9 May 23, 2013
Just do your job, George, and don't editorialize. You will be judged on the job you do,not the politicizing of it. We're counting on you
ridget

Chicago, IL

#11 May 23, 2013
part time wrote:
Just do your job, George, and don't editorialize. You will be judged on the job you do,not the politicizing of it. We're counting on you
I think a lot of politicians are upset that George is refusing a pension and that makes them feel insecure.
Pants on Fire

Chicago, IL

#12 May 24, 2013
part time wrote:
George is already bowing down and kissing up. He has realized that he got elected to a do-nothing job. He is going to like being irrelevant. Look how that worked out for Chuck, Jack and all of the department heads.
ridget

Chicago, IL

#13 May 25, 2013
Pants on Fire wrote:
<quoted text>George is already bowing down and kissing up. He has realized that he got elected to a do-nothing job. He is going to like being irrelevant. Look how that worked out for Chuck, Jack and all of the department heads.
Looks like George struck a nerve. Lynn should stop blogging and hang her barkado in shame.
A Believer

Oak Lawn, IL

#14 Jun 27, 2013
Check out the article in the little preview newspaper that we get in the mail. George is resurrecting the chamber of commerce. Another promise kept. What would Lynn be doing if she were in that office right now. Probably a whole lot of nothing. Go George Go.
Pants on Fire

Chicago, IL

#15 Jun 28, 2013
To bad he didn't promise to know what he was doing in the Clerk's job. Any jackass can kick down a barn. Can he demonstrate the ability to perform the duties of the position? A typical qualifying background is a Bachelor’s degree in Records Management, Public or Business Administration, or a related field; with any responsible experience providing administrative staff support. The Clerk's position directs the Village's records management program.

Does he have any combination of training, education, and experience which to a not-for-profit, board, commission, or other body which required developing agendas, preparing minutes, and maintaining official records? NOOO! Supervisory experience in a bakery? It is highly unlikely that his bakery operation is not close to the Village Hall operation.
Huh

Alsip, IL

#16 Aug 30, 2013
Pants on Fire wrote:
To bad he didn't promise to know what he was doing in the Clerk's job. Any jackass can kick down a barn. Can he demonstrate the ability to perform the duties of the position? A typical qualifying background is a Bachelor’s degree in Records Management, Public or Business Administration, or a related field; with any responsible experience providing administrative staff support. The Clerk's position directs the Village's records management program.
Does he have any combination of training, education, and experience which to a not-for-profit, board, commission, or other body which required developing agendas, preparing minutes, and maintaining official records? NOOO! Supervisory experience in a bakery? It is highly unlikely that his bakery operation is not close to the Village Hall operation.
So your telling me thet Lynn Barker had all of these qualifications to be the clerk. I don't think so.
go pink

Homer Glen, IL

#17 Aug 31, 2013
Pants on Fire wrote:
If you're so concerned, why didn't you run (unless you are Lynn) or find someone qualified and convince them to run?
A Believer

Oak Lawn, IL

#18 Sep 2, 2013
First chamber of commerce meeting Sept. 19th. George is gonna be a doer not a talker like the rest of the local pols.
Reality Check

Tinley Park, IL

#19 Sep 6, 2013
A Believer wrote:
First chamber of commerce meeting Sept. 19th. George is gonna be a doer not a talker like the rest of the local pols.
What business does George own? The Chamber of Commerce is not a government agency? If I am right and a Chamber is not a government agency and apparently owning a business is not a requirement for organizing a Chamber chapter, then what was our great leader waiting for? Why didn't he start this thing back after he lost his two other elections? If this is the answer that saves the village what was stopping him before? He must know that the Chamber idea has never worked in the Ridge.
bad doggy

Chicago, IL

#20 Sep 6, 2013
Barkado no! Bag girl! No! Sit! Be nice! Now roll over and I will rub your tummy.Now beg for your treat, Good girl. Now go lay down.
Pants on Fire

Chicago, IL

#21 Sep 9, 2013
bad doggy wrote:
Barkado no! Bag girl! No! Sit! Be nice! Now roll over and I will rub your tummy.Now beg for your treat, Good girl. Now go lay down.
You need to hear this again: To bad he didn't promise to know what he was doing when he ran for the Clerk's job. Any jackass can kick down a barn and George can kick.

He is doing nothing to demonstrate the ability to perform the duties of the Clerk's position. He has no qualifying background like a Bachelor’s degree in Public or Business Administration, or any related field. He has no experience providing any administrative staff support. He does not have any combination of training, education, and experience serving a not-for-profit, board, commission, or other body which required developing agendas, preparing minutes, and maintaining official records. Supervisory experience in a bakery? It is highly unlikely that his bakery operation is close to the Village Hall operation. He should be the first face that residents see when they go to the Village Hall. Instead he is making himself irrelevant. Good work Mr. Reformer/lapdog.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dixmoor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ridgefest and traffic fines 59 min Jorge 2
Village Attorney for Robbins Illinois Failed t... 1 hr Stop Sex Trafficking 25
Tokar Fest 2017 1 hr foia 12
Blue Island Addiction Recovery Home Shut Down (May '12) 4 hr Jim Mielke 148
News 1 dead, 6 wounded in city shootings 11 hr bozo 1
No Confidence in the BI Independent Party 11 hr Clean Up 31
News Arrest Warrants: Wanted in Tinley Park (Feb '12) 17 hr jojo 4

Dixmoor Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance