Pit bull victim wants Chicago Ridge t...

Pit bull victim wants Chicago Ridge to toughen law

There are 13 comments on the The Southtown Star story from Sep 27, 2011, titled Pit bull victim wants Chicago Ridge to toughen law . In it, The Southtown Star reports that:

A Chicago Ridge woman whose Shih Tzu died after it was mauled by a pit bull wants the village to stiffen its penalty for letting dogs run free, and Mayor Gene Siegel said he would look into it.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Southtown Star.

Breed Lover

Worth, IL

#1 Sep 28, 2011
I never have really wanted to wish ill on a person until now - in my entire life.

Mayor Siegel your demeanor and hatred are so repulsive, however, that I may make an exception about you.

The fact is, I feel dirty just reading your comments.

I really wish you would go away. You are a constant reminder of the evil at work in our world.

You would condemn the breed because one owner could not control her dog? You always seem to claim you are not at blame when someone of your cabal causes damage. A pox on you.
muzzled

Palos Heights, IL

#2 Sep 28, 2011
The Mayor and many towns all over the Country and many people including myself do NOT like Pit Bulls.
No matter how sweet it is at home with just you, you never going to know how it will act in Public.
I think Animal Welfare is severely to blame.
They should of insisted that Breed be muzzled while on their tax exempt, non profit property.

They failed to protect and they are the top authority. That Pit Bull should have been muzzled before it was let in the Door.

Why blame the Mayor? He wasn't even there. I hope that Pit was put to sleep. I hope they don't let it get adopted. Glad it wasn't a small child. Ban Pit Bulls!
muzzled

Palos Heights, IL

#3 Sep 28, 2011
That is the fine in CR for dogs running loose. They end up at AWL and they also charge a fee.
The Mayor is not a Judge. The Police did not see it happen. That is all they can do.
You need to file a law suit with the owner.
I have lost a pet too, due to very unfortunate circumstances. I was too sadden to persue it.
Best wishes with your 2 new pet family members.
The Mayor, nor the Police can be Judge or Jury.
Sincerely, Good luck.
AWL visitor

Oak Lawn, IL

#4 Sep 28, 2011
The CR animal wellfare has little to offer for adoption other than pit bulls. The fighters and their pups are dropped there once they reproduce. They are being overbred for fighting and then adopted into our neighbors homes. They are banned from campgrounds, and I personally know of several severe attacks by this breed. That's what they know - don't trust them.
gxm23272

Munster, IN

#6 Sep 29, 2011
Once again, its not the Breed of the dog. It's the dog owner. I've had more little dogs bite at my ankles than I can count. One, dogs should be on a leash or behind a fence. Then no one would get hurt. Second, when you do walk your dog, please pick up the crap. No one like following behind you and stepping in it. I have an American Bulldog and she's the best dog I've ever had. Pit bulls are wonderful dogs. I don't know if I would adopt an older one, but to raise from a puppy is just fine. Don't blame the dog, blame the owner.
Ban them

Evergreen Park, IL

#7 Oct 5, 2011
It is the breed of dog and the idi0ts that buy them, that have no knowledge of what the mother has taught them, or any back ground at all. They don't have what it takes to go the long haul with a pit bull whose life takes many turns after it is a cute puppy. You can not say what a pt bull pup will do as an adult.
You you buy one in my opinion, don't have them around other dogs, especially small dogs. Don't have them around children and don't have them in Public.
The breed should be banned ans has been in some towns. They bite, they eat ppl. Plain & simple.
Google Pit Bull mauls.... photos of the childrens faces are horrible.
Too many buy them, just to have them to change the way ppl think about them being severely aggressive in a wink of any eye. Then they dump them at AWL.
Look

Evergreen Park, IL

#8 Oct 6, 2011
http://pit-bulls.christianfunfair.org/attacks...

The fine for an animal, dog... running seems a reasonable fine. Not for pit bulls. It was not running in public. They should have sign up at AWL that all pit bulls or known aggressive dogs be muzzled on their property.

They have too many of these non adoptable aggressive animals. Stop breeding them and stop buying them. You are the problem, not AWL and not the town's laws.

I could explain it 100's times but your the one that bought the pit bull on the corner. You will never turn a Pit into a Golden Retriever ever.

It will get older and turn.
gxm23272

Country Club Hills, IL

#9 Oct 8, 2011
You are wrong Look. Stop bad mouthing Pitt Bulls. They are great dogs, just like any other dog. You really need to be with one long enough and you will see what I mean. They are not born aggressive, "people", bad people make them that way.
Dont ever trust them

Worth, IL

#10 Oct 8, 2011
Dogs may nip or bite, Pits attack and maul.
gxm23272

Country Club Hills, IL

#11 Oct 9, 2011
They don't attack, unless told to (like a Sheppard for example) and yes, they do have strong jaws, but they don't wait for a victim to "maul". Stop talking crazy stuff about Pit Bulls, please.
Seriously now

Chicago, IL

#12 Oct 11, 2011
My neighbor had a pit. Nice dog, and the owner trained it well. Then one day it caught the scent of a little dog in another apartment and literally broke the victim's door in order to get to - and attach - the smaller dog. Pits are NO GOOD.
gxm23272

United States

#13 Oct 15, 2011
They are better than good, they are great. I've had that little "hotdog type dog" bite two members of my family, but watch out for the mean pit bull. Really?
Jessica Isabel

Brookfield, IL

#14 May 16, 2014
Dogs running loose....NOT the dogs fault. Guardians need to control their dogs and always be aware of where they are and what they're doing. Put the leash on him/her and go for a walk! It'll do both of you a world of good and protect the public.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dixmoor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bob Rita 28th District Hosts Chicago's 1st homi... (Jan '14) 1 hr Walter Scott 54
The Qur'an & The Bible (Dec '13) 14 hr MyNameIsToby 5
Bridgeview IL. Gang Graffiti from blacks and m... (Dec '13) 14 hr MyNameIsToby 5
News Four Dead in Bridgeview Head-On Collision (Jul '14) 14 hr MyNameIsToby 75
bridgeview has no respect for it's residents on... (Jun '14) 14 hr MyNameIsToby 2
Why does the air smell like poop in Bridgeview? (Sep '14) 14 hr MyNameIsToby 4
Questions to my fellow Blue Islanders..... 20 hr Change is needed 20
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dixmoor Mortgages