First Prev
of 13
Next Last
Veterans

Blue Island, IL

#253 Dec 18, 2013
How can you lie to the entire city? Telling us that you support veterans and yet make 80 and 90 year old veterans walk in their own parade on the 4th of July. You also know, why a certain very loved Blue Island Veteran and employee of the City really left and yet you Lied to the public about the real reason. We all know the truth! Hang your head when you look at us, we will vote you and your toxic staff out!
Ms Heuser

Blue Island, IL

#254 Dec 18, 2013
You are entitled to your opinions at the Council meeting, although they exceeded 3 minutes and were not interrupted by Domingo; yet, you are way off base preaching to us about why employees were let go. You have no idea how inexperienced personnel impacts a town. Otherwise, you would have been trying to let the City Manager, John Rita know what dangerous decisions that he is making. Interesting how the sound in the council mtg video worked just fine for your discourse, but not that of the other residents. Look BI, these people are trying to play you and get you emotionally charged about the debt. Yet they are absolve certain debt in the name of moving forward. They will even use their own family members to sway your opinions. Good job to all the citizens who questioned their motives. Al Stevo... who knew that you would be the local hero!
Help wanted

Blue Island, IL

#255 Dec 18, 2013
Since the local paper is not printing the citizens concerns from the Council Meetings and the videotapes sound is altered during significant discourse, is anyone willing to attend the council meetings and either tape or transcript them for Topix? We all need to have access to the truth! Be an activist for positive change. Make a difference! Tell everyone in town about Topix! Don't let these guys get away with deceit!
Mics for Residents

Maywood, IL

#256 Dec 18, 2013
Residents are Exploring better ways to ensure residents can be heard at city council meetings for 2014. Documentation is important for all forms of media.
Options

Maywood, IL

#257 Dec 19, 2013
Mics for Residents wrote:
Residents are Exploring better ways to ensure residents can be heard at city council meetings for 2014. Documentation is important for all forms of media.
Information to residents has been limited by the city council and the new attorney. Eliminitating the audio portion of the meeting throgh the video tape and making it difficult for reporters to hear is likely yet another strategy employed by the BIIPS. It is essential for residents and the public to have information. do explore options!
We believe

Blue Island, IL

#258 Dec 19, 2013
Options wrote:
<quoted text>
Information to residents has been limited by the city council and the new attorney. Eliminitating the audio portion of the meeting throgh the video tape and making it difficult for reporters to hear is likely yet another strategy employed by the BIIPS. It is essential for residents and the public to have information. do explore options!
Of course the audio is being selectively tampered with. Otherwise, Mrs. Heuser's tirade would have been chopped up as well. Another example, Mr. Hawley's power point came through loud and clear as well. I think most residents such as myself find these actions highly insulting.
Afraid Of Transparency

Blue Island, IL

#259 Dec 20, 2013
We believe wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course the audio is being selectively tampered with. Otherwise, Mrs. Heuser's tirade would have been chopped up as well. Another example, Mr. Hawley's power point came through loud and clear as well. I think most residents such as myself find these actions highly insulting.
This is a violation of the Illinois open meetings act. The Attorney Mayor, City Clerk, and John Rita pick and choose who will be heard and who will not be heard.
BOB BLEHEAD

Blue Island, IL

#260 Dec 20, 2013
This is exactly what Peloquin was doing. John Frasor makes 30,000 a year as a part-time employee. He is the one that scrambles the audio JOHN FRASOR
BI Betrayed Again

Maywood, IL

#261 Dec 20, 2013
The current administration has had years of practice, perfecting the art of politics; limiting information, being untruthful, distracting the public from the real issues, (ie) budget, spending, Jawa, Lime Stone Quarry, hiring friends and family, neglecting sewers resulting in water main breaks, hot spots in Brownfield properties, Rec Center, Civil Service violations, numerous lawsuits, conflict of interest, to name a few.
Citizen

Blue Island, IL

#262 Dec 20, 2013
Mr. Stevo said it best: "We follow Robert's Rules of Order, not Robert Rita's rules of order".
CASA is a Fraud

Midlothian, IL

#263 Dec 20, 2013
Citizen wrote:
Mr. Stevo said it best: "We follow Robert's Rules of Order, not Robert Rita's rules of order".
Mr. Stevo....... oh yes.....what would happen to the city if he won the election with his 60 votes???

The minority ruling the majority...communism, fascism, but that's what they want. They would rather ask for more, more, take, take, post on this meaningless Topix, then get a job and be productive in society, they are leaches. No active involvement in any groups/committees in town, even groups like the historical society with no ties to the city at all. Keep throwing rocks, leaches, God is always watching,
Politics Politics

Maywood, IL

#264 Jan 17, 2014
BI Betrayed Again wrote:
The current administration has had years of practice, perfecting the art of politics; limiting information, being untruthful, distracting the public from the real issues,(ie) budget, spending, Jawa, Lime Stone Quarry, hiring friends and family, neglecting sewers resulting in water main breaks, hot spots in Brownfield properties, Rec Center, Civil Service violations, numerous lawsuits, conflict of interest, to name a few.
Folks used to be able to brag about their new job, connections, cash, donations, gifts, roof, garage, free electrical work, lawn service, home bottled water. Ah, those were the good old days.
Now these services (criminal activities) go on more quietly even though they remain obvious to anyone with eyeballs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dixmoor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
City Attorney ShawnTe Raines has No Municipal A... (Jan '14) 1 hr Whose Watching 230
Are we trying to hide a shady past Arty? 6 hr Toth hunter 6
Everyone is replaceable (Oct '14) 11 hr Bedhead 6
Red Light Enforcement Program (Sep '10) 11 hr Crooks 40
Val Desperate for Attention 13 hr Gotta Respond 9
Alderman Absent From Council Meetings (Sep '16) 18 hr CASA 139
Rita-Vargas Patronage Island 22 hr Great Success 164

Dixmoor Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dixmoor Mortgages