Worth Police Conduct Death Probe of 18-Year-Old Woman

Nov 9, 2013 Full story: Patch.com 53

Worth Police conducting an death investigation of an 18-year-old woman who reportedly died from injuries sustained in an accident.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
So sad on many levels

Midlothian, IL

#1 Nov 9, 2013
I would hope the police get on this investigation a little faster as Facebook pages have started and its getting extremely ugly with allegations and veiled threats. Please everyone let the police do their jobs, have faith they will find the answers to all your questions and allow the system to work. I feel for this young lady's family and friends, please know you're in my prayers.
concerned

Chicago, IL

#2 Nov 9, 2013
What has been said on Facebook?
So sad on many levels

Midlothian, IL

#3 Nov 9, 2013
Some of those posting say it was not an accident and several individuals are to blame, you can imagine the hate that is being posted at this point. I have no knowledge of any facts so until the police come out with their results I have no opinion other than my heart is heavy for all those who loved this young lady.
So sad on many levels

Midlothian, IL

#4 Nov 10, 2013
November 9, 2013 (WORTH, Ill.)(WLS)-- Authorities are investigating the death of a young south suburban woman.

Friday night police responded to a car accident in Worth.

They say 18-year-old Brittany Wawrzyniak suffered fatal injuries.

The medical examiner will be conducting an autopsy and both the Worth Police and south suburban Major Crimes Task Force are investigating the young woman's death.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story...
So sad on many levels

Midlothian, IL

#5 Nov 10, 2013
David

Oak Forest, IL

#6 Nov 10, 2013
The South Suburban Major Crimes Task Force does not investigate traffic accidents. This is not labeled as a "crash investigation". They have to wait for the autopsy results to label it correctly. Obviously the police see it in another light. A beating death will have obvious traumatic injuries different from a crash. It's sad. These investigations can't and won't be rushed. There are probably around 30 Investigators assigned. Names are being tossed around through social media and the Police know the names. Don't believe the hype.
So sad on many levels

Midlothian, IL

#7 Nov 10, 2013
David wrote:
The South Suburban Major Crimes Task Force does not investigate traffic accidents. This is not labeled as a "crash investigation". They have to wait for the autopsy results to label it correctly. Obviously the police see it in another light. A beating death will have obvious traumatic injuries different from a crash. It's sad. These investigations can't and won't be rushed. There are probably around 30 Investigators assigned. Names are being tossed around through social media and the Police know the names. Don't believe the hype.
The whole thing didn't make sense to me as a car accident but you shed more light on this. Thank God this area has a Major Crimes Task Force, it brings in the best from numerous depts. in and saves each town money. I saw the Facebook page that was set up demanding the jailing of several people and I admit it sent a chill through me. I would be so worried about a libel suit or much worse someone going out to seek revenge, how can Facebook allow a page like this to exist?
whylivenworth

Hickory Hills, IL

#8 Nov 10, 2013
Residents are most likely aware of what is going on in worth because they hide everything....Police are not conducting fair and unpartial anything...It doesn't matter if it's a car accident or a murder...Worth does not want to be viewed as such a bad community. Enough people are moving out of here for what goes on as it is...
What you are seeing is a group of teens that do not know what to do...Police don't want to listen to them..No one would know better if this poor girl was bullied by these two people being accused..People who were at the scene won't speak out against their friend..They don't want to be called a snitch. It's a sad day when it's worse to be a snitch than someone who witnesses something so horrific and they would rather keep quiet...But I have to say these kids would not be going to the Police Station and speaking out if one of those witnesses didn't already speak out to someone and it traveled like wild fire...I say if Worth Police cannot conduct a simple car accident and can't write a simple accident report properly how can they investigate a murder fair with open eyes....They don't want to ruin Worth's public opinion and make more of the tax paying descent people pack up and sell...But if this doesn't do it nothing will....This poor girl was loved by many and bullied by few and now she is gone...Who was she with and what made her get into a car with people who treated her like this..Drinking? Drugged? She went with them or met them for some reason...If you have important truthful information and you don't come forward you are the worst kind of human being there is...If I was this girls parents I would not stop asking questions..I would hire a private investigator if I had to...There are answers and people know exactly what happened to this girl and her friends and family want to know. COME FORWARD being scared of anyone is not a good excuse. If you don't come forward you should be more scared of what will happen to you. Karma is not kind....I do have to say these friends need to get a grip and calm down. All the threatening and arguing won't help and it makes you look as crazy as you say these two are.....
whylivenworth

Hickory Hills, IL

#9 Nov 10, 2013
Excuse me I meant NOT aware of what goes on in Worth
whylivenworth

Hickory Hills, IL

#10 Nov 10, 2013
So sad on many levels wrote:
<quoted text>
The whole thing didn't make sense to me as a car accident but you shed more light on this. Thank God this area has a Major Crimes Task Force, it brings in the best from numerous depts. in and saves each town money. I saw the Facebook page that was set up demanding the jailing of several people and I admit it sent a chill through me. I would be so worried about a libel suit or much worse someone going out to seek revenge, how can Facebook allow a page like this to exist?
It should sent chills through you seeing the anger because people won't come forward because they would rather be known as someone who would rather be called a coward than a snitch...Scared of those two accused...I agree the anger looks scary but these kids don't know how to deal with the feelings..They should have come forward a long time ago and kept this poor girl from being bullied all these years and not let her go with these two..So many questions so little answers..Come forward Cowards...There is no such thing as a snitch when it comes to something like this....
So sad on many levels

Midlothian, IL

#11 Nov 10, 2013
By Carlos Sadovi Chicago Tribune
2:52 p.m. CST, November 10, 2013

A Midlothian man has been charged in connection with the death of an 18-year-old woman on Friday, Worth police said today.

Eric Steven Johnson, 20, has been charged with unlawful delivery of a controlled substance and is expected to appear in Bond Court on Monday, officials said.

Johnson was charged after police opened a death investigation into the death of Brittany Wawrzyniak who was found dead on Friday night after an accident near 115th Street and Beloit Avenue in Southwest suburban Worth.

Police would not specify what type of accident caused her death, they would only say they were investigating. Police would would not give any further details into Johnson's role in the woman's death.
Ucanbesaved

Palos Hills, IL

#12 Nov 10, 2013
Worth THE friendly Village?
Richie

Calumet City, IL

#13 Nov 10, 2013
whylivenworth wrote:
Residents are most likely aware of what is going on in worth because they hide everything....Police are not conducting fair and unpartial anything...It doesn't matter if it's a car accident or a murder...Worth does not want to be viewed as such a bad community. Enough people are moving out of here for what goes on as it is...
What you are seeing is a group of teens that do not know what to do...Police don't want to listen to them..No one would know better if this poor girl was bullied by these two people being accused..People who were at the scene won't speak out against their friend..They don't want to be called a snitch. It's a sad day when it's worse to be a snitch than someone who witnesses something so horrific and they would rather keep quiet...But I have to say these kids would not be going to the Police Station and speaking out if one of those witnesses didn't already speak out to someone and it traveled like wild fire...I say if Worth Police cannot conduct a simple car accident and can't write a simple accident report properly how can they investigate a murder fair with open eyes....They don't want to ruin Worth's public opinion and make more of the tax paying descent people pack up and sell...But if this doesn't do it nothing will....This poor girl was loved by many and bullied by few and now she is gone...Who was she with and what made her get into a car with people who treated her like this..Drinking? Drugged? She went with them or met them for some reason...If you have important truthful information and you don't come forward you are the worst kind of human being there is...If I was this girls parents I would not stop asking questions..I would hire a private investigator if I had to...There are answers and people know exactly what happened to this girl and her friends and family want to know. COME FORWARD being scared of anyone is not a good excuse. If you don't come forward you should be more scared of what will happen to you. Karma is not kind....I do have to say these friends need to get a grip and calm down. All the threatening and arguing won't help and it makes you look as crazy as you say these two are.....
How would you know what they are doing? A Task Force is investigating but because you had a bad experience with a crash, you judge them? A whole team will just ignore the evidence and interviews because it will "ruin Worths public opinion?" Your judgement and opinion are baseless. I guarentee there will be an "impartial" investigation. It doesnt matter what the publics opinion of Worth will be, but i believe a thorough investigation will be viewed as more positive than some half assed attempt to figure it out.
whylivenworth

Hickory Hills, IL

#14 Nov 10, 2013
I hope that is true....When your Police department lies to you and conducts themselves in such a manner you take a second look at anything they say or do...Thank you for your comment...
How often do you see news about murders, stabbings or break ins for that matter from Worth? Usually everything is kept quiet or I am looking in the wrong places...
Ucanbesaved

Palos Hills, IL

#15 Nov 11, 2013
whylivenworth wrote:
I hope that is true....When your Police department lies to you and conducts themselves in such a manner you take a second look at anything they say or do...Thank you for your comment...
How often do you see news about murders, stabbings or break ins for that matter from Worth? Usually everything is kept quiet or I am looking in the wrong places.
Right On Right On ,Right on! I would like to see them just publish how many calls they get ,response time ,and if anything is done ?
David

Oak Forest, IL

#16 Nov 11, 2013
A little off topic, but the freedom of information act allows you, the general public, to see all of the information a police department has from reports, response times etc. you just have to know where to look. The dispatch center has a lot of info if they use computer aided dispatching. A good department could care a less what you see except for sensitive cases like current narcotics investigations.
Ucanbesaved

Palos Hills, IL

#17 Nov 11, 2013
As noise as people are in this community, someone seen something, or was a part of it, and if you don't tell the Investagation team, not police what you may have seen ,you are a part of it. Please anyone seeing anything let the Investagation team know.
whylivenworth

Hickory Hills, IL

#19 Nov 11, 2013
Richie wrote:
<quoted text> How would you know what they are doing? A Task Force is investigating but because you had a bad experience with a crash, you judge them? A whole team will just ignore the evidence and interviews because it will "ruin Worths public opinion?" Your judgement and opinion are baseless. I guarentee there will be an "impartial" investigation. It doesnt matter what the publics opinion of Worth will be, but i believe a thorough investigation will be viewed as more positive than some half assed attempt to figure it out.
I had a long post for you..But instead all I have to say to you is..........You have no idea what I am talking about or how many problems I have seen or heard about...They don't make the news...Don't sit in judgement of ME.....your judgement and opinion are baseless..You don't live here.
FOIA Officer

Lisle, IL

#20 Nov 11, 2013
David wrote:
A little off topic, but the freedom of information act allows you, the general public, to see all of the information a police department has from reports, response times etc. you just have to know where to look. The dispatch center has a lot of info if they use computer aided dispatching. A good department could care a less what you see except for sensitive cases like current narcotics investigations.
Any freedom of information request would be denied at this time because of the ongoing investigation and active court case. Anyone wanting to FOIA this incident would have no wait years given that's how long this case will likely grind on in Cook aka Crook County. Even when all is said any done in this case any FOIA request would have lots of information redacted.

Folks should read the ILCS so they are clear on their rights.
hmmmm

Chicago, IL

#21 Nov 11, 2013
Buying drugs!! It says

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dixmoor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
crestwood 3 hr Move on-crestwood 7
Should Crestwood residents pay for Chief T's cr... (Oct '11) 3 hr Move on-crestwood 605
Time to Abolish Calumet Township Organization (Mar '14) 4 hr Wolf on High St 21
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 5 hr Top of the Heap 4,054
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 6 hr KiMerde 50,063
Phoenix Fireman Is In A 1% MC Who Robs People 8 hr What A Joke 4
police 9 hr ALover 9
Dixmoor Dating
Find my Match

Dixmoor Jobs

Dixmoor People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Dixmoor News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Dixmoor

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]