do anybody know what happened on 142n...

do anybody know what happened on 142nd & Dobson on 5/5/13

Posted in the Dixmoor Forum

meme

United States

#1 May 6, 2013
Thé police Wade Every Where
carol

Dolton, IL

#2 May 7, 2013
A guy killed himself on that block.
meme

United States

#3 May 7, 2013
carol wrote:
A guy killed himself on that block.
WOW so sad & there wasnt any coverage to let the people on that block know anything thanks
BTW

United States

#4 May 7, 2013
meme wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW so sad & there wasnt any coverage to let the people on that block know anything thanks
What do you mean by coverage? The village can't just go out telling people "a guy on your block committed suicide" because the family has a right to privacy.If no one else was at risk or in danger, it's no one's obligation to share that information wth you. Furthermore, sharing that information with noninvolved people could result in a civil suit.
meme

United States

#5 May 7, 2013
BTW wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you mean by coverage? The village can't just go out telling people "a guy on your block committed suicide" because the family has a right to privacy.If no one else was at risk or in danger, it's no one's obligation to share that information wth you. Furthermore, sharing that information with noninvolved people could result in a civil suit.
I said that to say if you see some one getting taking out on your block with a bullet wound im sure you would want to know what happened as well not to be to his family disrespectful but if you dont know how do you think you would sleep well not knowing what happened on your own block and thanks guess it wasnt to much of a serect you just told what happened
True Grit

Baltimore, MD

#6 May 7, 2013
Great info. You are both correct, meme and BTW. I have found out that if you ask, the police will respond. But, they only come knocking on your door if they need info on random crimes and Dolton has become a cesspool of random crimes. Man up and be aware people. Report anything suspicious. Pay it forward and it will return to you.
BTW

Chicago, IL

#7 May 8, 2013
meme wrote:
<quoted text>
I said that to say if you see some one getting taking out on your block with a bullet wound im sure you would want to know what happened as well not to be to his family disrespectful but if you dont know how do you think you would sleep well not knowing what happened on your own block and thanks guess it wasnt to much of a serect you just told what happened
No need to thank me. I didn't tell you anything that happened. I didn't know myself which is why I came here. Someone else said it was a suicide in the ealier comments. For the record, there was a shooting and multiple robberies on my block. I slept fine. God has kept my family in this violent place. He has also kept the fools at bay and away from my doorstep. He's not just protecting us. He is protecting them by keeping them away from my home.
midloguy30

Midlothian, IL

#8 May 9, 2013
meme wrote:
<quoted text>
I said that to say if you see some one getting taking out on your block with a bullet wound im sure you would want to know what happened as well not to be to his family disrespectful but if you dont know how do you think you would sleep well not knowing what happened on your own block and thanks guess it wasnt to much of a serect you just told what happened
You write like an 8 year old.
just me

Chicago, IL

#9 May 10, 2013
midloguy30 wrote:
<quoted text>
You write like an 8 year old.
you have no life and you make white people look bad
arby

Lansing, IL

#10 May 10, 2013
play nice.
meme

Melrose Park, IL

#11 May 14, 2013
midloguy30 wrote:
<quoted text>
You write like an 8 year old.
And you have a brain of one grow up that comment was childish as hell I hate negative A$$ people [email protected]#king clown
BTW

Chicago, IL

#12 May 14, 2013
meme wrote:
<quoted text>
And you have a brain of one grow up that comment was childish as hell I hate negative A$$ people [email protected]#king clown
Actually your response to his comment was childish and ignorant. I'm not a fan of his but he didn't say anything wrong. You're writing multiple sentences and not using a period. Using text language and abbreviations is one thing but no periods..is a bit juvenile. There's nothing negative about pointing that out. I did not do that when I was 8. Be mad if you want to.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dixmoor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Angela-jacK Howser's Jury Trial ReinStated -Civ... 30 min CU In Court 1
Village Hall Painted 3 hr No teeth 26
Public Hearing on the water rate increase 7 hr Good Plan 20
Stop the Soda Tax in Cook County Mon Wheres Eddie Been... 72
Commander Sisk New Chief Sun Glug Glug 22
John Kasparek New City Auditor Addresses City C... (Oct '15) Sun Issues 65
She Gone Sep 17 Question 2

Dixmoor Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dixmoor Mortgages