Robbins chief faces DUI charge
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
mike

United States

#21 Nov 24, 2010
I'm from robbins,as a youth I was pulled over once for no reason,but as an adult I follow the law and hav no concern at anytime riding thru midlo crestwood or any other predominent white burb.mr holmes is a good guy,iknow him and his family but he's human and made a mistake like we all do.we can't judge him or the police that stopped him.we hav to be accountable for what we do.i look at him any different because of a lack of good judgement.there are lots of good cops as well as a bad few.race at times play a part but not all the time.I trust the white ones more at times than I do the black ones.peace among us all.god bless!
Joker

Coal City, IL

#22 Oct 21, 2011
Johnny Holmes is a useless drunkard. In furtherance, the police in Robbins are lazy and don't care
GiveMeABreak

Plainfield, IL

#23 Jun 12, 2012
I was a cop for over 12-years. The fact that the Chief was driving erratically the wrong way down a road was more likely what caught Midlothian PD's attention than his skin color. Not to mention he admitted to consuming alcohol and even submitted to a BAC test (why, of all things he could do, I don't understand). He pretty much handed them a beautiful DUI case. Forget about the skin color issue, as it is a really cheap excuse!
Kunta

Schaumburg, IL

#25 Dec 27, 2012
Elwin Trammell wrote:
Same old song and dance why dont you go to a Midlothian Court call and llook around the court room. It is the same old song and dance from fifty years ago. Midlothian would arrest Obama!!!
If that's the case then send Obama, Jackson, Sharpton,Rush and all you other Kuntas to Midlothian,but first learn Wilber.
local

Oak Forest, IL

#26 Dec 27, 2012
Chief Holmes is a good man. I hope the best for him. Midlothian Police should have better judgement.
Im gunta crankoffabatch

Schaumburg, IL

#27 Dec 28, 2012
local wrote:
Chief Holmes is a good man. I hope the best for him. Midlothian Police should have better judgement.
Midlothian animal control only picks up jungle bunnies
harry callahan

Blue Island, IL

#28 Dec 28, 2012
He should've done it in crestwood , the crestwood police cant even spell d.u.i .
big dav

Union, NJ

#29 Feb 21, 2013
Ive known holmes for most of my life, my parents have associated with him and his wife, they are both great parents and citizens of our community. although no one is perfect, so lets not throw stones. how many times have we all done something wrong? fact is we just never got caught and he did, but it doesnt deem for everyone to find fault in his regular life. the fact remains that midlothian targets blacks all day and night long and someone needs to address this issue. i thought that it was against the law to just run ur plate and u havent committed a driving offense? They pull me and my wife over several times to the point where i had to visit their station and threating a law suit, so its a major issue with midlothian.
drunk monkey

Blue Island, IL

#30 Feb 21, 2013
big dav wrote:
Ive known holmes for most of my life, my parents have associated with him and his wife, they are both great parents and citizens of our community. although no one is perfect, so lets not throw stones. how many times have we all done something wrong? fact is we just never got caught and he did, but it doesnt deem for everyone to find fault in his regular life. the fact remains that midlothian targets blacks all day and night long and someone needs to address this issue. i thought that it was against the law to just run ur plate and u havent committed a driving offense? They pull me and my wife over several times to the point where i had to visit their station and threating a law suit, so its a major issue with midlothian.
I guess Jessie is to busy right now to help you . so shut your monkey mouth and stay in your ghetto where drinking and driving is allowed
Wise Owl

Estero, FL

#31 Feb 21, 2013
Not only running is running a license plate when the driver hasn't committed an offense not against the law; it is something that a good police officer should be doing continuously. A good productive police officer on patrol should run as my plates as fast as he can type and drive at the same time. This is how drivers with arrest warrants, suspended and revoked licenses, and expired/revoked registration are apprehended. The minority judges at the Markham courthouse have ranted and complained about this practice but the supreme court has ruled it to be legal. If the motoring public has their affairs in order they have nothing to be worried about. In fact law abiding citizens should applaud the officers for their aggressive patrol activities. A civilized society has laws on the books for a reason and police officers are paid to enforce these laws. My recommendation is that one not drive if they don't have a valid drivers license, registration and insurance. Very simple!
Joker

Manhattan, IL

#32 Feb 21, 2013
Actually Dave the police don't have to have a reason to run your plates according to the supreme court.

And Holmes' race has nothing to do with him driving drunk. A concerned citizen called 911 and reported him swerving in the lane. But seeing as how you blacks play the race card I'm sure that doesn't matter to you.
The Numbers

United States

#33 Feb 21, 2013
I don't know if they are profiling or not. I do think an important fact is left out. When the news or whoever claims that more blacks are pulled over, I wonder why they don't include the number of people arrested for crimes committed. If 25% of drivers stopped are black, and 60% of crimes committed in that town are committed by blacks, I don't see anything wrong. If 60% of crimes were commuted by whites, Hispanics, Asians , whatever, then it's wrong.
Peace Maker

Naperville, IL

#34 Nov 20, 2013
Its a crying shame why police turn against police and not trying to a aid another police in need, to busy putting hate instead of love for your fellow brother in crime, put aside your selfish pride, its only cause hate and revenge from your fellow brothers in crime something we don't need.
Joker

Manhattan, IL

#35 Nov 21, 2013
Hey Peacemaker that is incoherent jibberish. Please go read an english book
Peace Maker

Naperville, IL

#36 Nov 21, 2013
To the Joker, I see that you need a English book if you cant comprehend what I'm saying are you illiterate or just being stupid or are you the kind of person that I'm speaking of a hater of police officer that putting their lives on the line to protect clowns like you, go to church and get some god in you and get the devil out of you before you leave this world and meet your master satan, take that and run with it.
Joker

Manhattan, IL

#37 Nov 27, 2013
To the Peacemaker:

The English language has something well known by most called punctuation. To the layman, this (obviously this means you dummy) would mean to use periods, commas, or even question marks.

My guess is that you are black and obviously less educated than my superior white brain. And please do not confuse punctuation as I used in the paragraph above with being punctual. But then again you are black and being punctual is not important in the negro community.

Burn.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dixmoor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BIue Island Snow Plow Tracker 1 min paid my taxes 15
Alderman Hawley and his misinformation program (Feb '14) 22 min He is a BIIP Failure 182
Domingo Vargas next Democratic Mayor of Blue Is... (Apr '09) 2 hr Thats BIIP Progress 280
George Schleyer, Promises kept. (May '13) 3 hr Notsofast 32
Code Red... Powered by Topix 6 hr Record any Progress 45
Rita when does jail start? 9 hr Digger ____70 2
feds in chicago heights (Sep '12) 12 hr Joe Lombardo 7

Dixmoor Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dixmoor Mortgages