Robbins chief faces DUI charge

Posted in the Dixmoor Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
What the F

Chicago, IL

#1 Apr 10, 2010
Robbins Police Chief Johnny L. Holmes is on paid leave after being charged with drunken driving and improper lane use on March 31, authorities said.
Holmes, 63, who has been chief since 1991, was stopped about 1 a.m. after a patrol officer saw his car swerve into an opposite lane on Clare Boulevard and nearly hit another car, police said. They said he admitted to drinking alcohol, and a test showed his blood-alcohol level at .197, more than twice the legal limit.
Holmes will remain on leave, pending an internal investigation and the outcome of his court case, Robbins village administrator Beverly Gavin said. If convicted of drunken driving, he could lose his job, she said.
Midlothian police said Holmes pulled out of the drive-through at Submarine Port, 14558 Pulaski Road, and the officer pulled him over at Calumet Sag Road and Springfield Avenue after observing him driving erratically.
Holmes did not return a voice-mail message left on his home phone. Midlothian Police Chief Vince Schavone said Thursday that he had just returned from vacation and would have another officer comment on Holmes' arrest, but no one called back.

“Trust me?”

Since: Jan 10

Oak Forest/Midlothian

#2 Apr 11, 2010
He was almost home, it would have been great to get him in his own town...
Elwin Trammell

Niles, MI

#3 Apr 13, 2010
Midlothian stops all blacks, the fact that Holmes is a police chief is irrelevant
Same ol song and dance

Midlothian, IL

#4 Apr 14, 2010
Hey Robbins are you just mad because Midlothian actually makes arrests or is it because McGhee was arrested and sentenced to 108 years for sexually abusing his cousin.
Same ol song and dance

Midlothian, IL

#5 Apr 14, 2010
Maybe they arrested McGhee because he was black.....give me a break
Elwin Trammell

Niles, MI

#6 Apr 14, 2010
Same old song and dance why dont you go to a Midlothian Court call and llook around the court room. It is the same old song and dance from fifty years ago. Midlothian would arrest Obama!!!
Khalif

Chicago, IL

#7 Apr 20, 2010
Elwin, should we give all criminals a break because of their skin color? The problem is your attitude. The Chief should of known better to drive drunk. Maybe these towns need to take a look at their characters and see how they set examples for the rest of us.
Elwin Trammell

Niles, MI

#8 Apr 20, 2010
Believe me McGee got what he deserved I just stand for right is white not right. P.S. I was a police officer and I was ashamed of the way they treated blacks! Read Flora & Fauna!!!!!
Sad

Chicago Heights, IL

#9 Apr 22, 2010
Chief Holmes may be an alcoholic but he is one of a handful of chiefs that are good people! He's a cool guy who's not caught up on his status as police chief. I hope he gets out of this.
Concerned Citizen

Chicago Ridge, IL

#10 Apr 22, 2010
Chief Holmes is a great family man and good police Chief. All of his children have went to college and are productive people. Although he made this mistake, this one incident should not tarnish all of his good years of serving his community. I hope everything works out for the best. Oh, and Midlothian does tend to target blacks more often than others but unfortunatly that how the balls bounces. Posen and Crestwod are no better!
bus driver

Flossmoor, IL

#11 May 12, 2010
OKAY:What if the good old chief ran over one of your kids while driving drunk,HOW GOOD WOULD THE GOOD OLD CHIEF BE THEN.....
Sad

Crown Point, IN

#12 May 17, 2010
bus driver wrote:
OKAY:What if the good old chief ran over one of your kids while driving drunk,HOW GOOD WOULD THE GOOD OLD CHIEF BE THEN.....
You got a point..
citizen

Midlothian, IL

#13 Jun 15, 2010
Elwin Trammell grown up! sorry your residents come to midlothian and break the law. you break the law and u get arrested is how it works i thought!. sorry u have a half azz police department!!
James McDonald

Harvey, IL

#14 Jun 15, 2010
Elwin Trammell wrote:
Same old song and dance why dont you go to a Midlothian Court call and llook around the court room. It is the same old song and dance from fifty years ago. Midlothian would arrest Obama!!!
The same could be said of Robbins. They only pull over whites and Mexicans. Go to there court call and see for your self. Over 90% white and Mexican.
citizen

Midlothian, IL

#15 Jun 16, 2010
i second u James!!
Kandy

Naperville, IL

#16 Jul 23, 2010
Every One is talking about Robbins, Midlothian, Crestwood and Posen But, No ONE is Complainting about that BOGUS Stop Light Ticket everyone gets in Markham @ 159th turning North bound on Kedzie Where Right turns was normally permitted Now that old Money hungry town have that camera racking up the cash from everybody. Yes it is sad that Chief got caught up But He , you and Myself all have to answer to GOD, Anyway, He is not the only Chief that drinks mostly all of them do including the County and the State. Maybe if All the citizens in this state start praying for the police thoughtout the start they just might not have to take a drink.
and SOME of the complainers may have push them to drinking "who's To Judge" GOD not us!!!!!!!

Since: Jan 10

AOL

#17 Aug 21, 2010
SO what happened when Holmes went to court on this DUI?
sarah

Joliet, IL

#18 Oct 21, 2010
He got off on charges...!!!!!
Taka

Chicago, IL

#19 Oct 21, 2010
I heard that too--how did you find out? Is he still the police chief? I know he's still on the school board.
sarah wrote:
He got off on charges...!!!!!
nick

Kansas City, MO

#20 Nov 14, 2010
Elwin Trammell wrote:
Every person out after midnight in Midlothian gets stopped. Black white green or purple, and every drunk driver swerves across the centerline. The fact that they were"cherry picking" by watching a bar is in itself not probable cause so they make it up. Ellis county is notorius for long dui sentences since the county jail is a great moneymaker for the 9 dollar an hour podunks.Dont buy anything in Ellis county!!!Economic retaliation is effective promotes political change.use it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dixmoor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lake Shore Waste starts next week 9 min Plenty of Reasons 47
Jason Berry Resigns from City of Blue Island 1 hr BOB 2
Save A Life? 9 hr E-Vet 3
JAWA water project (Jun '12) 9 hr CASA 769
Oak Forest high school 9 hr Research 6
Congrats To Jason BIPD newest brass 9 hr June 27-2017 67
illage Board meeting 6/20/2017 11 hr Taxpayer 9

Dixmoor Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance