Larry

Palos Hills, IL

#103 Jan 26, 2012
When if ever might Mark become disbarred?
looked it up

Country Club Hills, IL

#104 Jan 28, 2012
Larry wrote:
When if ever might Mark become disbarred?
According to the ARDC website: not authorized to practice law due to discipline - Last Registered Year: 2011
Its Only Money

Aurora, IL

#105 Feb 1, 2012
Look at this link:
http://www.iardc.org/ldetail.asp...

He has asked the ARDC to enter into a "disbarment upon consent".

Specifically, since January 13, 2012:
"Disbarment on consent is imposed by the Supreme Court based upon the lawyer's filing of a motion to strike his or her name from the roll of attorneys in face of disciplinary charges that are set forth in the Administrator's Statement of Charges. The disbarred lawyer is not authorized to practice law during the period of the disbarment on consent and may not return to the practice of law unless and until the lawyer has demonstrated his or her rehabilitation, good character, and current knowledge of the law in a subsequent reinstatement case, which may not be filed until three years after the effective date of the disbarment on consent."

I believe that this is the same fate as Blago.
The perp gave up his license, but can reapply after the passage of time (3 years) and the ARDC would then rule on if he was a suitable for reinstatement to the bar.

The onus is on Mr. McCombs to reapply (offer) and for the ARDC to accept (reinstate).
sid

Palos Hills, IL

#106 Feb 7, 2012
The information flowing back to us is all very positive. He is adjusting very well to his new life and fast friends. Bubba is enjoying his new friend, and the honey moon continues. Is there any remote possibility that his wife might sue for adultery? He has become a model to the other residents. And in the near future he could provide legal knowledge to all that need it there.
Stella

Chicago, IL

#107 Apr 3, 2012
Another corrupt lawyer! When will we stop trusting these mooks? When I went to college, intelligent students majored in pre-med, engineering, and science. Dumbest of the dumb went on to law school.
Cal Parker

Naperville, IL

#108 Apr 10, 2012
Where is this case at?
Billy

Blue Island, IL

#109 Jul 21, 2012
Greenberg Traurig: Apology not indicative of track record
South Florida Business Journal by Paul Brinkmann, Reporter

It was a rare event in the legal world when Cesar Alvarez, chairman of Greenberg Traurig, stood up in a federal courtroom on May 18 and apologized for “mistakes” that were made in a high-profile lawsuit.
It followed a loss in a case where the firm was defending TD Bank against allegations by Texas-based Coquina Investments that it aided Scott Rothstein’s Ponzi scheme.
It was not the first important trial where a big corporate client of Greenberg Traurig’s Miami office lost a ruling or a verdict. In the past three years, clients BDO Seidman and Ernst & Young both lost ...

It has been reported at Bishop and Flournoy Streets that Mark is hunky dory. And Bubba is getting along just fine. Thank You Bubba
Larry

Blue Island, IL

#110 Nov 3, 2012
Billy wrote:
It was a rare event in the legal world when Cesar Alvarez, chairman of Greenberg Traurig, stood up in a federal courtroom on May 18 and apologized for “mistakes” that were made in a high-profile lawsuit.
It followed a loss in a case where the firm was defending TD Bank against allegations by Texas-based Coquina Investments that it aided Scott Rothstein’s Ponzi scheme.
It was not the first important trial where a big corporate client of Greenberg Traurig’s Miami office lost a ruling or a verdict. In the past three years, clients BDO Seidman and Ernst & Young both lost ...
It has been reported at Bishop and Flournoy Streets that Mark is hunky dory. And Bubba is getting along just fine. Thank You Bubba
Buba can you tell us how the Honeymoon is progressing. The word is that Marc will soon be out for good behavior.
Burt

Blue Island, IL

#111 Nov 3, 2012
Billy wrote:
Another fine example of Democrat thievery
Corruption

Chicago, IL

#112 Nov 3, 2012
Corruption is just plain wrong, attorneys who participate need more than a slap on the hand which is what they often receive.
Chuck

Blue Island, IL

#113 Feb 10, 2013
How can we find out if he paid the money back he had stolen?
I am a old friend and also curious when he might get out of prison?
TIF

Chicago, IL

#114 Mar 1, 2013
How many other tif districts are slush funds?
Chuck

Blue Island, IL

#115 Jun 30, 2013
Mark is what is wrong with Calumet Township, and the city of Blue Island government. Mark could not have pulled off this theft by himself. His accomplices, must be brought to justice too. There are several names out there circulating, who need to be questioned by the authorities.
Sing Mark Sing

Blue Island, IL

#116 Jul 13, 2013
Joe Letke whistleblower wrote:
Does anyone care what happened with Joe Letke, the man doing all the accounting for all this? He has declared Bankruptcy because he used to "bonds" he was handling for this project to swindle an old lady and satisfy his many Cayman trips with women, and his morophine addiction
Guy should be in prison
He did not work alone, there are many collaborative efforts in multiple communities and states. Persons involved include elected officials including the Democratic Party.

The tough questions are:

"Where does this trail lead?"
"Where will the trail end?"
"Whose desk will ALL of the information land on?"
"When Will Formal Charges be Filed?"

Mark McCombs had accomplices, who need to be brought to justice. Sing Mark, Sing
Birds of a feather

Blue Island, IL

#117 Jul 16, 2013
After conviction, attorney Joseph Cari trying for comeback, but no more politics

WASHINGTON — There was a time when Joseph Cari — once a Chicago lawyer, major Democratic fund-raiser, pal of Bill Clinton and Joe Biden, Al Gore’s top presidential campaign money man — was a very big deal in this city. But it all fell apart about eight years ago, when federal prosecutors targeted him in a probe that also netted Rod Blagojevich and Tony Rezko.

Cari’s legal nightmare ended, with no fanfare, on April 24.

That’s when U.S. District Judge Amy St. Eve in Chicago signed an order terminating Cari’s probation after he served 18 months of the 36-month sentence she imposed Aug. 9, 2011.

Cari already had completed nine months of home confinement and 250 hours of community service, which included helping a Haitian grammar school in the wake of the horrific earthquake.

In his first interview since 2005, Cari says:“I am now going on in a new chapter of my life, and that will be a combination of public policy and business and volunteer work, and with great enthusiasm and with great joy. It’s officially done. The chapter is over.”

At his peak, Cari was appointed by President Clinton to the board of Washington’s Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars, taking over as chairman in 1999.

At his low point, he pleaded guilty on Sept. 15, 2005, to attempted extortion, admitting he made phone calls shaking down a Virginia investment firm seeking Illinois’ teacher-pension fund business. A Rezko associate was supposed to get a finder’s fee and use some of that cash for political contributions.

As part of his plea deal, Cari cooperated with federal prosecutors. Cari endured six years of not knowing whether he would end up in prison. He testified at Rezko’s trial and at the first trial for the former Illinois governor.

Now, Cari, 60, is speaking to me from his home in Castellini in Chianti. He lives in Italy and New York, having moved from Chicago in 2006. Cari sold his Lincoln Park home in 2007, and he says the money from the house helped pay his bills.

He left Chicago because “I didn’t want to run into people. I knew I was going to testify, and I thought it would just be better for me not to be there.”

Starting a new life was “painful,” Cari said.“There was a very long time when I just would not get out of bed. But I slowly started one step, one foot in front of the other, and started building up consulting work.”

During the very worst of the darkest days,“for a guy who considered himself so smart, I felt completely helpless to figure out where to go, where to even find hope.

“These are the kinds of things I would have missed if I had not gotten through what Churchill, I guess, called the ‘Black Dog,’ as they call major depression.”

Some friends stuck with Cari throughout the darkest period of his life; others did not.

Cari is building a new life that has elements of his old one but with one exception: no more politics.

He is the chairman and chief executive officer of Integration Capital & Trade Global, an international merchant bank, and travels to London, Mumbai and the Middle East.

Continuing his interest in foreign policy, Cari joined a New York think tank, the World Policy Institute, and on June 4 was named chairman of its advisory board.

He also started working at Loyola Marymount University’s Institute for Leadership Studies in Los Angeles, where his daughter lives. He gives lectures on presidential politics and foreign policy at the Catholic school and is chairman of the institute’s advisory board.

On occasion, Cari tells students about how life as he knew it “was over” because of a few phone calls he made in May 2004.

The lesson he teaches, Cari says, is “no matter where you are in life, no matter how self-assured you are, you have to think through what you are doing. And I did not.”
Sing Sing

Blue Island, IL

#118 Jul 16, 2013
Birds of a feather wrote:
After conviction, attorney Joseph Cari trying for comeback, but no more politics
WASHINGTON — There was a time when Joseph Cari — once a Chicago lawyer, major Democratic fund-raiser, pal of Bill Clinton and Joe Biden, Al Gore’s top presidential campaign money man — was a very big deal in this city. But it all fell apart about eight years ago, when federal prosecutors targeted him in a probe that also netted Rod Blagojevich and Tony Rezko.
Cari’s legal nightmare ended, with no fanfare, on April 24.
That’s when U.S. District Judge Amy St. Eve in Chicago signed an order terminating Cari’s probation after he served 18 months of the 36-month sentence she imposed Aug. 9, 2011.
Cari already had completed nine months of home confinement and 250 hours of community service, which included helping a Haitian grammar school in the wake of the horrific earthquake.
In his first interview since 2005, Cari says:“I am now going on in a new chapter of my life, and that will be a combination of public policy and business and volunteer work, and with great enthusiasm and with great joy. It’s officially done. The chapter is over.”
At his peak, Cari was appointed by President Clinton to the board of Washington’s Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars, taking over as chairman in 1999.
At his low point, he pleaded guilty on Sept. 15, 2005, to attempted extortion, admitting he made phone calls shaking down a Virginia investment firm seeking Illinois’ teacher-pension fund business. A Rezko associate was supposed to get a finder’s fee and use some of that cash for political contributions.
As part of his plea deal, Cari cooperated with federal prosecutors. Cari endured six years of not knowing whether he would end up in prison. He testified at Rezko’s trial and at the first trial for the former Illinois governor.
Now, Cari, 60, is speaking to me from his home in Castellini in Chianti. He lives in Italy and New York, having moved from Chicago in 2006. Cari sold his Lincoln Park home in 2007, and he says the money from the house helped pay his bills.
He left Chicago because “I didn’t want to run into people. I knew I was going to testify, and I thought it would just be better for me not to be there.”
Starting a new life was “painful,” Cari said.“There was a very long time when I just would not get out of bed. But I slowly started one step, one foot in front of the other, and started building up consulting work.”
During the very worst of the darkest days,“for a guy who considered himself so smart, I felt completely helpless to figure out where to go, where to even find hope.
“These are the kinds of things I would have missed if I had not gotten through what Churchill, I guess, called the ‘Black Dog,’ as they call major depression.”
Some friends stuck with Cari throughout the darkest period of his life; others did not.
Cari is building a new life that has elements of his old one but with one exception: no more politics.
He is the chairman and chief executive officer of Integration Capital & Trade Global, an international merchant bank, and travels to London, Mumbai and the Middle East.
Continuing his interest in foreign policy, Cari joined a New York think tank, the World Policy Institute, and on June 4 was named chairman of its advisory board.
He also started working at Loyola Marymount University’s Institute for Leadership Studies in Los Angeles, where his daughter lives. He gives lectures on presidential politics and foreign policy at the Catholic school and is chairman of the institute’s advisory board.
On occasion, Cari tells students about how life as he knew it “was over” because of a few phone calls he made in May 2004.
The lesson he teaches, Cari says, is “no matter where you are in life, no matter how self-assured you are, you have to think through what you are doing. And I did not.”
Mark, Joe Sang, and Sang loud.
Chuck

Blue Island, IL

#119 Mar 31, 2014
Was Marc released?
Calumet Twsp Connection

Blue Island, IL

#120 Apr 13, 2014
CHECK TO INCLUDE PHOTO

M23628 - MCCOMBS, MARK
Parent Institution: TAYLORVILLE CORRECTIONAL CENTER
Offender Status: IN CUSTODY

PHYSICAL PROFILE
Date of Birth: 09/28/1959
Weight: 240 lbs.
Hair: Brown
Sex: Male
Height: 5 ft. 07 in.
Race: White
Eyes: Green

MARKS, SCARS, & TATTOOS
NONE RECORDED

ADMISSION / RELEASE / DISCHARGE INFO
Admission Date: 09/13/2011
Projected Parole Date: 09/10/2014
Last Paroled Date:
Projected Discharge Date: 09/10/2017

SENTENCING INFORMATION
MITTIMUS: 10CR0606401
CLASS: X
COUNT: 1
OFFENSE: THEFT >$100K/SCHOOL/WORSHIP
CUSTODY DATE: 09/10/2011
SENTENCE: 6 Years 0 Months 0 Days
COUNTY: COOK
SENTENCE DISCHARGED?: NO
what a genius

Blue Island, IL

#122 Nov 13, 2014
what a genius

Blue Island, IL

#123 Nov 13, 2014
CHECK TO INCLUDE PHOTO

M23628 - MCCOMBS, MARK
Parent Institution: STATEVILLE CORRECTIONAL CENTER
Offender Status: PAROLE

PHYSICAL PROFILE
Date of Birth: 09/28/1959
Weight: 240 lbs.
Hair: Brown
Sex: Male
Height: 5 ft. 07 in.
Race: White
Eyes: Green

MARKS, SCARS, & TATTOOS
NONE RECORDED

ADMISSION / RELEASE / DISCHARGE INFO
Admission Date: 09/13/2011
Parole Date: 09/10/2014
Projected Discharge Date: 09/10/2017

SENTENCING INFORMATION
MITTIMUS: 10CR0606401
CLASS: X
COUNT: 1
OFFENSE: THEFT >$100K/SCHOOL/WORSHIP
CUSTODY DATE: 09/10/2011
SENTENCE: 6 Years 0 Months 0 Days
COUNTY: COOK
SENTENCE DISCHARGED?: NO

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dixmoor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tinley Park Ambulance Service 13 min The Professor 4
Blue Island go to your page 52 min God 7
The Only Reason Bob Rita is a State Rep 2 hr Springfield is fo... 3
Blue Island Water (Oct '14) 4 hr Returned 55
Berkots 5 hr Pipsqueek_Magee 17
Mayor Gonzalez - 4 more years! 8 hr digger_70 8
What Happen to the Topic "Meet the candidate Ni... 9 hr say it again 6
More from around the web

Dixmoor People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE