Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2014

Question wrote:
Now more people will be using the Western Ave. bridge, what will happen when that one is deemd unsafe?
Concrete on the Western Avenue bridge over the Cal-Sag Channel in Blue Island is chipped. The bridge is in the state's multiyear plan for replacement of its south approach spans

Concrete on the Western Avenue bridge over the Cal-Sag Channel in Blue Island is chipped. The bridge is in the state's multiyear plan for replacement of its south approach spans

Associated Press
Silent Majority Watching

Blue Island, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2014

Judged:

Marcus wrote:
The Ashland bridge is closed. Not western. Western wasn't hit by a semi truck. Ashland Ave bridge was hit by one on Wednesday. City council was Tuesday. Do I need to explain it more so you understand Chris? Or Allen? Or Carol?
There happen to be more people interested in this than the names mentioned above. The silent majority is watching. The lack of information made available by this administration over the last thirty years has caused residents to take the higher road. Hoping that the leadership or lack thereof would follow, but they never do.
Always Remember

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2014

Judged:

Elected officials Like developers, put in the least amount of money and time for the highest return.
Have to Agree

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2014

Judged:

Always Remember wrote:
Elected officials Like developers, put in the least amount of money and time for the highest return.
It has become to darn obvious they are in it for themselves; clearly they are not public servants.
HUB CAP CITY

Blue Island, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2014

The Ashland Ave. bridge closing is hurting our business and several others around us. After speaking to Mrs. Wilson at the IDOT Bridge Department, she explained to me that the bridge was damaged by an IDOT snow plow and said that the bridge wouldn't be opened back up until April 15th or so. Really unbelievable! I hope that they will help us with property tax relief and paying for our employee's unemployment insurance. Sorry if this comes off as bitter, but this is our season and a 3 month turnaround for a repair just seems extremely long. Please help put pressure on IDOT for a more timely repair. Also, since we employ several local Blue Island residents, support us the best that you can. WE REALLY APPRECIATE YOU!!!
Waiting for the boat

Blue Island, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2014

OK sure hope Western bridge stays open. We are south of Ashland & fortunately retired but this is still a mess. 3 months? Is that 3 months from when they stop looking & start working?
Build

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2014

Judged:

You may want to build yourself an ark.
Pathetic

Orland Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

It's a 3 to 4 day job, maybe 5. But since the state is doing it, it's going to be a 3 month job !
Straight Talk

Alsip, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

This bridge is not even being worked on.
Boy Wonder

Blue Island, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Straight Talk wrote:
This bridge is not even being worked on.
This is some kind of game State Rep Bobby Rita is playing. He boasts his Calumet Township has four closed bridges all within one mile each of other.
need to know

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2014

When will the Ashland Bridge be fixed?
Ghost Busters

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2014

Excellent question! The Western Avenue bridge the last bridge that remains open in Blue Island is in disrepair. When will the municipal and state elected resolve the bridge issues as promised during the April, 2013 election?
Love It

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

Some prefer moats.
Zina

Dolton, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2014

I have never seen the Ashland bridge being repaired. I drive by there at least once a week because it appears to be open to the naked eye when I'm on 127th street but as soon as I turn down Vermont. .. It's completely dead and full of barricades. Ridiculous to say the least.
make change

Blue Island, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2014

Zina wrote:
I have never seen the Ashland bridge being repaired. I drive by there at least once a week because it appears to be open to the naked eye when I'm on 127th street but as soon as I turn down Vermont... It's completely dead and full of barricades. Ridiculous to say the least.
We have a certain Alderman, who has been selected to be the Minister of Propaganda. He has a web newsletter, and some information is less than reliable.
wow

Vienna, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2014

You people are not too bright.
crookcounty

Blue Island, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2014

I moved from Blue Island bc of this latest bridge closure! Couldn't stand being trapped on the south side anymore.
Exactly

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2014

Judged:

make change wrote:
<quoted text>
We have a certain Alderman, who has been selected to be the Minister of Propaganda. He has a web newsletter, and some information is less than reliable.
Don't believe a word that comes out of the Pro-tems mouth. He fits in with the slimeball liar Mayor Vargas, liar and two faced Bilotto and lying sack of crap Heuser. They deserve each other. One year later and Blue Island is far off worse than it was a year ago.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 38 of38
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Dixmoor Discussions

Search the Dixmoor Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Had a taste for ribs... 4 min 30 years in midlo 5
Berkot's Foods in Midlothian? 19 min who cares 46
What gentlemans club hires thick black women? 56 min darkskinnedblkgirl 2
BI raises city sticker to $50! 59 min Diseased 58
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Hetero 48,678
Calumet Twp. Supervisor (Jan '12) 1 hr bulldog on beatoff street 21
Midlothian trees still on the curbs! 1 hr Chet 9
•••
•••
•••
•••

Dixmoor Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Dixmoor People Search