Ashland Bridge
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
one more

Midlothian, IL

#1 Jan 15, 2014
I was told today the Ashland Ave Bridge will be closed for 3 mos for repairs by IDOT
Be Happy

Maywood, IL

#2 Jan 15, 2014
The state owns that bridge we won't have to wait for Pat, Mike, or Bob for repairs.
Bridge over Troubled BI

Maywood, IL

#3 Jan 15, 2014
Just think it could have been another BIIP no bid contract.
Question

Midlothian, IL

#4 Jan 15, 2014
Now more people will be using the Western Ave. bridge, what will happen when that one is deemd unsafe?
Closed use Halsted

Maywood, IL

#5 Jan 16, 2014
Bridge CLOSED.
DMS

United States

#6 Jan 16, 2014
I was disgusted this am when I got to Broadway & Ashland to find the bridge closed with no information. I use that every day to get to 57. There were no notices up yesterday am when I drove over that bridge. I like on the far south side of BI and since the other TWO BRIDGES to go north are also closed I had to go back to Western to 127 and over. My gripe is why can't they put up advance notification so you're not surprised at 5:30am?? I am so disgusted with BI and their bridge dilemma which is one reason I stopped taking the train, almost impossible to get out of train station at rush hour.
bridges

Harvey, IL

#7 Jan 16, 2014
Question wrote:
Now more people will be using the Western Ave. bridge, what will happen when that one is deemd unsafe?
Western Ave bridge is also owned by the state. There was a major accident last night that caused major damage to the bridge, that is why it is closed.
Any Mention

Maywood, IL

#8 Jan 16, 2014

Was the bridge closure addressed at the city council meeting by the Blue Island mayor or his Staff of Directors?
bridges

Harvey, IL

#9 Jan 16, 2014
Any Mention wrote:

Was the bridge closure addressed at the city council meeting by the Blue Island mayor or his Staff of Directors?
This happened LAST night. Council was Tuesday
Bob

Elmhurst, IL

#10 Jan 16, 2014
bridges wrote:
<quoted text>
This happened LAST night. Council was Tuesday
i think u have your bridges mixed up? I think the poster was referring to the Ashland bridge. Nice try Domingo
BILib

Schererville, IN

#11 Jan 16, 2014
The bridge was hit and damaged by a truck yesterday and closed by IDOT for structural repairs. There was no advance notice because the accident was obviously unplanned. There was no announcement at Council because the accident happened the day following the meeting. There was an announcement on the BIPD Facebook page very soon after the accident. This will surely be an inconvenience but no cause for getting into a snit at the city. If you have to criticize someone it should be the trucker who hit the bridge. Be calm and have a little patience.
Captain Oblivious

Blue Island, IL

#12 Jan 16, 2014
[email protected]#k That. I want someones head!
Closed

Maywood, IL

#13 Jan 16, 2014
Any Mention wrote:

Was the Ashland Street bridge closure mentioned at the city council meeting Tuesday night?
No Information

Blue Island, IL

#14 Jan 16, 2014
Any Mention wrote:

No, not a word! Mayor Vargas, does not want to be reminded about their past political lies.
Lie Witness News

Maywood, IL

#15 Jan 18, 2014
All are invited to attend the next city council meeting to experience the Spin Room, observe the seating configuration for the latest crop of unqualified, noncredentialed appointees, and hear elected officials speak and avoid providing any accurate reliable information.
Hilarious

Midlothian, IL

#16 Jan 18, 2014
You people are absolutely hilarious and INSANE. How could anyone have communicated to the public at the City Council Meeting on TUESDAY about the Ashland bridge being closed? The bridge was damaged on Wednesday night.

Unless you think the city council has a crystal ball, I don't understand your argument that "no one was notified at the city council meeting."
Bridges over Troubled BI

Maywood, IL

#17 Jan 18, 2014
Hilarious wrote:
You people are absolutely hilarious and INSANE. How could anyone have communicated to the public at the City Council Meeting on TUESDAY about the Ashland bridge being closed? The bridge was damaged on Wednesday night.
Unless you think the city council has a crystal ball, I don't understand your argument that "no one was notified at the city council meeting."
Two BI city own bridges are closed.
Ashland was closed for repairs by plan by IDOT silly.
Western was damaged Tuesday night and discovered closed Wednesday morning by annoyed commuters who had to use Halsted.
Marcus

Blue Island, IL

#18 Jan 18, 2014
The Ashland bridge is closed. Not western. Western wasn't hit by a semi truck. Ashland Ave bridge was hit by one on Wednesday. City council was Tuesday. Do I need to explain it more so you understand Chris? Or Allen? Or Carol?
Some 200

Maywood, IL

#19 Jan 18, 2014
http://www.nwherald.com/2013/09/15/some-200-i...

The bridge on Western Avenue, over the Cal-Sag Channel, is framed Wednesday by the rusted supports of the closed Chatham St. bridge in Blue Island. The Western Avenue Bridge is classified as both "structurally deficient" and "fracture critical" in federal data for 2012. The Chatham St. bridge is owned by the city of Blue Island, which has closed it for several years while it searches for funding to replace it.
fuckem

United States

#20 Jan 18, 2014
One more and we will need a ferry to cross the river.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dixmoor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Public Hearing for Water Rate Increase 12 min Plain 80
Illegal Dumping in Blue Island Illinois 3 hr Concerned 4
Mike Cornell 5 hr Officer Obee 32
The Truth Always Comes Out! 13 hr TheAccused 7
BIIP Cost Cutting Ideas 16 hr BIIP 17
Jimmy's Gentlemen's Club is a joke! (Sep '14) 17 hr Tall jim 24
Raciss Police 18 hr Concerned 6

Dixmoor Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance