Overdose caused death of mother in custody

Full story: Chicago Tribune
The December death of a 41-year-old mother of eight in Dixmoor police custody was the result of an accidental drug overdose, according to the Cook County medical examiner's office said. Full Story
Village of Dixmoor IL

AOL

#1 Feb 22, 2007
It was terrible that there was overwhelming TV coverage of alleged abuse of this 41 year old mother by police, But hardly any coverage about her self inflicted overdose. I guess unfounded stories take priority of the truth. To make small town look bad. I am glad the Mayor and police Department stuck with following state guidelines that eventually vindicated them.
t_bowie

Indianapolis, IN

#3 Mar 21, 2007
The situation still goes unseen. Why would they let my aunt pass away and not call nor inform n-e-one. She had children who needed her, let alone them not knowing where she was. I think the state could've done a better job with this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dixmoor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rita is DONE! (Apr '11) 4 hr Dharma 46
Harvey mayor vetoes police audit by sheriff's o... 8 hr Really 5
Fun and Games with JAWA 10 hr BI IN 10
Chicago Ridge man is charged with drug possessi... (Oct '08) 10 hr Ghiberti 6
So why do we still have 3 blocks of weeds? 18 hr Curiou 2
Governor Quinn are you Listening (Aug '13) 18 hr Losers 51
village idiot 18 hr Chet 16

High Wind Warning for Cook County was issued at October 31 at 5:30PM CDT

Dixmoor Dating
Find my Match