Chicago Gunman Angry Over Patent

Chicago Gunman Angry Over Patent

There are 10 comments on the The Associated Press story from Dec 9, 2006, titled Chicago Gunman Angry Over Patent . In it, The Associated Press reports that:

The gunman who fatally shot three people in a law firm's high-rise office before he was killed by police felt cheated over an invention, authorities said Saturday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Associated Press.

Regina Turner

AOL

#1 Dec 10, 2006
The problem is this world is so full of deceptive
people and they just dont know the paramont of their
deceit he probably figured he wouldnt win in a court
of law ..so he just snapped what a shame
Sometimes I wonder how these people with no
concious sleep at night know they have shafted a
innocent person that has probably spent their life savings on something they thought was a good Idea and someone steals it from them s m h
Audrey

Zion, IL

#2 Dec 11, 2006
Yes it was unfortunate that this lawyer died, but what about the lawyer steeling his client's patent. Is that not wrong? Does a lawyer have the right to just take something that is not rightfully his? And then to add insult to injury, the news media never stated that Mr. Jackson was being scammed by his attorney. They simply said he was a black man with a gun. Is there really any justice in the world? What happens to Mr. Jackson's patent now? I hope Mr. Jackson's family pursue this issue further, so that he would not have died in vain and another group of lying, greedy lawyers won't have the opprotunity to steal his creation.
rather not

Chicago, IL

#3 Dec 11, 2006
the only thing that saddens me is that he didnt get all of em!
Nicole

United States

#4 Dec 11, 2006
Audrey wrote:
Yes it was unfortunate that this lawyer died, but what about the lawyer steeling his client's patent. Is that not wrong? Does a lawyer have the right to just take something that is not rightfully his? And then to add insult to injury, the news media never stated that Mr. Jackson was being scammed by his attorney. They simply said he was a black man with a gun. Is there really any justice in the world? What happens to Mr. Jackson's patent now? I hope Mr. Jackson's family pursue this issue further, so that he would not have died in vain and another group of lying, greedy lawyers won't have the opprotunity to steal his creation.
In reply to Audrey. Get your head out of your ass. How dare you begin to even think the lawyer would "steal" this man's patent. The problem with our society is that people like you are always looking for an angle to blame innocent victims. If Mr. Jackson really had a solid invention then the procedures would have been properly moved along. But, this was not the case. In addition, stop glorifying Mr. Jackson the gunman. The real victim here is Michael McKenna who now leaves behind a children and a grief stricken wife. Put your sorrow where it belongs and don't glorify the real villian.
joe jackson

Lemont, IL

#5 Dec 12, 2006
audrey is right, i am the innocent victim and i took justice into my own hand. we sometimes do what is neccessary to set a precendent in the future.
Disgusted

Chicago, IL

#7 Dec 13, 2006
rather not wrote:
the only thing that saddens me is that he didnt get all of em!
You disgust me!!!!!! To even think that its okay to kill people over a toilet seat and some cash just says how ghetto and trashy you really are. Its trash like you that give this country a bad name!
Common Sense

Chicago, IL

#8 Dec 13, 2006
Common Sense truly isn't common. Had those attorneys and Mr. Jackson read Dale Carnegie's book and practiced its principles, they would be alive today.

What they forgot was that they and Mr. Jackson were just a heart beat from heaven or hell. The attorneys made poor decisions in dealing with the disagreement. Apparently, the attorneys thought they had the upper had and could just blow Mr. Jackson off.

I could imagine them telling him to just sue them.
Mr. Jackson unfortunately took it a step further, he showed them in an unfortunate way.

That incident should be a warning to those that have earthly pseudo power; be fair, forthright, and negotiate with equal respect.
grown up

Springfield, IL

#9 Dec 14, 2006
Disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>
You disgust me!!!!!! To even think that its okay to kill people over a toilet seat and some cash just says how ghetto and trashy you really are. Its trash like you that give this country a bad name!
This country already has a bad name.
Disgusted

Chicago, IL

#10 Dec 15, 2006
grown up wrote:
<quoted text>
This country already has a bad name.
You are right...This country does have a bad name!
asprosthanatos

Naperville, IL

#11 Dec 16, 2006
I wish Mr Jackson had a gripe with a bunch of DOCTORS, rather than a lawyer. Perhaps, we would be a step closer to a national health care policy. Those greedy doctors are worse than thieving lawyers. Doctors are the people who have lobbyists fighting national health care initiatives.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dixmoor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Red Light Enforcement Program (Sep '10) 5 min Concerned 41
DCFS Failures 52 min No Question 1
Results Now Party led by Fran Broke Topix 3 hr Taxpayer Second 15
Was Chicago Ridge Election Rigged?? 5 hr Wonder 49
Val Desperate for Attention 5 hr Trumbull 14
City 911 center closing 11/2017 13 hr HUH 22
City Attorney ShawnTe Raines has No Municipal A... (Jan '14) 16 hr Whose Watching 230

Dixmoor Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dixmoor Mortgages