midlothian fire and police

midlothian fire and police

Posted in the Dixmoor Forum

question

Riverside, IL

#1 Apr 23, 2014
My question is can we the tax payers get a referendum on the next ballot to make our police and fire part time?

Now I lived here for 15+ years and my taxes keep going up, little tired if it we as a town can not afford their raises they are due and to pay the pensions. We need to do something and do it fast
concerned taxpayer

Matteson, IL

#2 Apr 23, 2014
question wrote:
My question is can we the tax payers get a referendum on the next ballot to make our police and fire part time?

Now I lived here for 15+ years and my taxes keep going up, little tired if it we as a town can not afford their raises they are due and to pay the pensions. We need to do something and do it fast
How much do you pay for police fire and pensions?
Bill P

United States

#4 Apr 28, 2014
I would think all the revenue they recieve for all those pitifut tickets they write should cover the pensions.
Tim

United States

#5 Apr 28, 2014
Bill P wrote:
I would think all the revenue they recieve for all those pitifut tickets they write should cover the pensions.
Boy you're not kidding! I got two tickets for TINTED Licence Plate Covers - and they're both crystal clear to boot!
Oooops

Forest Park, IL

#6 Apr 28, 2014
Tim wrote:
<quoted text>Boy you're not kidding! I got two tickets for TINTED Licence Plate Covers - and they're both crystal clear to boot!
Any license plate covers are illegal. Clear or tinted
Oooops

Forest Park, IL

#7 Apr 28, 2014
question wrote:
Police and fire both took 0% raises for the next two years
Tim

United States

#8 Apr 28, 2014
Oooops wrote:
<quoted text>
Any license plate covers are illegal. Clear or tinted
Yeah I know, but to be giving out these tickets to Metra parkers is beyond petty, not to mention prompting people to park elsewhere. They are making $325 per year already and to risk losing that revenue for a $60 fine is penny-wise and dollar-foolish. If the issue is the covers and not the tinting, just write the tickets for licence plate covers alone! They are also giving tickets to cars parked in the driveways which is private property and jamming them inside the cars side-view mirrors and breaking the remote control.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dixmoor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tokar Fest 2017 13 min PBRAMF 7
Open Meeting Violation BI Park 49 min Joe Taxpayer 11
Oak Forest taxpayers consider abandoned annexat... 1 hr OF Person 3
Blue Island Park District Woes 1 hr Joe Taxpayer 23
Police cheif removes another topix 2 hr Concerned Resident 1
Open Letter to All Veteran's 2 hr Joe Taxpayer 27
library discontent 3 hr LOL 6

Dixmoor Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance