Naked Crown Point man, 28, dies after...

Naked Crown Point man, 28, dies after Tasering

There are 19 comments on the ABC7 Chicago story from Jun 10, 2013, titled Naked Crown Point man, 28, dies after Tasering. In it, ABC7 Chicago reports that:

A man is dead after police were called to a park near a school Sunday afternoon for reports of a naked man.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ABC7 Chicago.

concerned

Flossmoor, IL

#1 Jun 11, 2013
you think that the thornton police could have subdued this person (who was most likely a mental patient)with a back up..these days cops just want to pull out those dangerous tazers and fry people because they can..i hope the bastard cop can live with his self now...that person was someones son, brother possibly a father now he is dead becase some cowboy had a play Robocop and tazer him to death..come one, a naked man with no weapon?? please..this is murder
glad i mvd frm there

Flossmoor, IL

#2 Jun 11, 2013
its ok to kill and ask questions later..way to go
sarah b

Flossmoor, IL

#3 Jun 11, 2013
pretty sad..who was the cop who killed him???
Illinois SUX

Elgin, IL

#5 Jun 14, 2013
Just to let you know, the man that was tazered was suffering from schizophrenia. it's quite obvious when someone who is not comprehending what you are saying and still feel the need to get a thrill from using a tazer. Also, he probably only weighed 130lbs (with rocks in his pockets). Good job Thornton Police, I hope the parents bankrupt your city with a lawsuit !!
dont judge the past

Chicago, IL

#6 Jun 14, 2013
Illinois SUX wrote:
Just to let you know, the man that was tazered was suffering from schizophrenia. it's quite obvious when someone who is not comprehending what you are saying and still feel the need to get a thrill from using a tazer. Also, he probably only weighed 130lbs (with rocks in his pockets). Good job Thornton Police, I hope the parents bankrupt your city with a lawsuit !!
so let me get this right so the police are suppose to struggle with a naked man and maybe get hurt in the process because they may or may not have known he was a schizo
Great Job

Kissimmee, FL

#7 Jun 15, 2013
As a longtime resident I back the Thornton police department. Do a little research and look at how many times Taser Inc has been successfully sued. I am sorry the guy was nuts. Do some further research and look at how many police officers are hurt or killed every year by mental patients. I am not sorry the officers have families to go home to.Maybe the police department should sue the family for all the trauma this guy caused them. Remember the police didn't get up and say I am going to Taser someone today and hopefully he dies.
Res

Tinley Park, IL

#8 Jun 15, 2013
Tasers are not deadly. A naked man charging you could be. A punch or kick can kill you. How were they supposed to know this guy was mentally ill, and too bad. They don't know if he's ill or on drugs. The law says an officer at that point cannot use any other force, other than a taser. Obviously verbal commands would not work. Do some research on the taser. Stop arm chair quarterbacking. The village will not lose the lawsuit which is sure to come. And what about his toxicology report? What will that show?
pussycats

Oak Lawn, IL

#9 Jun 15, 2013
concerned taxpayer wrote:
Why should police have to fight with some idiot who resists arrest and risk getting hurt themselves? The law says you cannot resist arrest even if the arrest is deemed not lawful.
Because thats their job, thats what they signed up for. Nit Wit
poorman

United States

#10 Jun 15, 2013
pussycats wrote:
<quoted text>Because thats their job, thats what they signed up for. Nit Wit
That's not what they signed up to do you idiot. Even if they want to go out and f someone up, they can't. There are rules to follow or they get fired, sued or go to jail. Now clean up in isle 5, nit wit.
southie

Homewood, IL

#11 Jun 15, 2013
All you brave commenters, which one of you would step up and serve the public? Until you do the job, just stay in mommies and daddy's basement playing mindless video games. Oh, its time you get a job and layoff the link card losers.
concerned taxpayer

New Lenox, IL

#12 Jun 16, 2013
pussycats wrote:
Your an idiot!!!! Police don't sign up for a job to get hurt. That is the dumbest statement ever. So firemen sign up for a job to get burned????
pussycats

United States

#13 Jun 16, 2013
<quoted text>
Your an idiot!!!! Police don't sign up for a job to get hurt. That is the dumbest statement ever. So firemen sign up for a job to get burned????
They sign up knowing the risk, douche. Thats why people "praise" the police and firemen, because they put themselves in HARMS WAY everyday. Tazing and killing a NAKED UNARMED man is completely unacceptable. 6 - 7 armed and trained police officers were afraid to go hands on with a lone schizophrenic??? Are you Effing kidding me??? The man is DEAD and his only crime is disturbing the peace and resisting arrest. Your a fu©king idiot and a complete pussy, more than likely afraid of your own shadow. F.T.P.!
jackie

United States

#14 Jun 16, 2013
pussycats wrote:
<quoted text>They sign up knowing the risk, douche. Thats why people "praise" the police and firemen, because they put themselves in HARMS WAY everyday. Tazing and killing a NAKED UNARMED man is completely unacceptable. 6 - 7 armed and trained police officers were afraid to go hands on with a lone schizophrenic??? Are you Effing kidding me??? The man is DEAD and his only crime is disturbing the peace and resisting arrest. Your a fu©king idiot and a complete pussy, more than likely afraid of your own shadow. F.T.P.!
Your a loser. Do you think they intended for the guy to die? You don't know shit about use of force so shut your trap. Go stock the cooler at 7/11 you big mouth jack ass.
pussycats

United States

#15 Jun 16, 2013
jackie wrote:
<quoted text> Your a loser. Do you think they intended for the guy to die? You don't know shit about use of force so shut your trap. Go stock the cooler at 7/11 you big mouth jack ass.
Stock the cooler @ 711? Wow thats too funny. Go eat a dick Jackie ya skank.
concerned taxpayer

United States

#16 Jun 16, 2013
pussycats wrote:
<quoted text>Stock the cooler @ 711? Wow thats too funny. Go eat a dick Jackie ya skank.
You sound like a complete idiot. Police know they place themselves in harm's way......when need be. What if an officer falls the wrong way while wrestling with a person and suffers a career injury?? The officer goes on disability and receives a compensation package that is less than a working officer. What happens next?? An asshole like yourself complains about the compensation the officer receives. You would start criticizing the officer's injury and ask why they couldn't use an alternative way of placing a person under arrest. Police are damned when they do and damned when they don't. Do you think the officer's intentions were to kill this guy with a taser??? Get real you mindless schmuck!!!!! If a taser was considered that dangerous, police would not be allowed to use them unless a situation that presents deadly force was warranted. Why don't you do a ride along with an officer or speak with a real working officer and find out what it's really like!!! I bet you won't. Instead you will keep being the little bitch you are and critique an officer without knowing any true facts.
alsoconcerned

Chicago, IL

#17 Nov 25, 2013
Tasers are increasingly the cause of deaths due to previously undiagnosed health problems or victims drug and alcohol abuse. While this incident was a tragic accident, the use of tasers as deadly force needs to be reevaluated.
do not drink the fool-aid

United States

#18 Nov 25, 2013
<quoted text>
You sound like a complete idiot. Police know they place themselves in harm's way......when need be. What if an officer falls the wrong way while wrestling with a person and suffers a career injury?? The officer goes on disability and receives a compensation package that is less than a working officer. What happens next?? An asshole like yourself complains about the compensation the officer receives. You would start criticizing the officer's injury and ask why they couldn't use an alternative way of placing a person under arrest. Police are damned when they do and damned when they don't. Do you think the officer's intentions were to kill this guy with a taser??? Get real you mindless schmuck!!!!! If a taser was considered that dangerous, police would not be allowed to use them unless a situation that presents deadly force was warranted. Why don't you do a ride along with an officer or speak with a real working officer and find out what it's really like!!! I bet you won't. Instead you will keep being the little bitch you are and critique an officer without knowing any true facts.
the guy probably has ridden with a police officer before.... but in the back seat while wearing the bracelets. I bet he knows how to do everything better than the rest of us...he would be the first to tell you so.
concerned taxpayer

New Lenox, IL

#19 Nov 26, 2013
pussycats wrote:
What an uneducated response. So let me get this straight. I fireman signs up for a job to get killed in a fire, a lifeguard signs up for a job to drown, a construction worker signs up for a job to let a house fall on them.....your statement is as ignorant as it gets. You are the same idiot bitching when an officer gets hurt while wrestling with some idiot and goes on disability. You complain about the officer being unfit or for not using his taser, Asp, etc.
hmmmm

Chicago Heights, IL

#21 Nov 26, 2013
do you get a hard on when tasered ??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dixmoor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
State Rep 28th Bob Rita is not addressing the ... (Jul '14) 15 min Empty 160
Pokemon Go 1 hr Pokemonnut 4
Shady Lady 1 hr Johnny I 11
Stevo at the City Council meeting 2 hr TBD 88
Did you attend tonight's Flooding meeting at Pa... 3 hr Flooding Continues 14
Blue Island Red Light Cameras Illegal (Apr '12) 12 hr Due Bills 158
Review: Extreme HWY Recovery And Towing (Jan '15) 17 hr Public works 3

Dixmoor Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance