Blue Island Cuts more services

Blue Island Cuts more services

Posted in the Dixmoor Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Andy

Orland Park, IL

#1 Aug 20, 2014
Our city officials have announced that public works will no longer conduct leaf removal services for residents. Residents are asked to bag them for pick up with scheduled garbage pick up.
What is to come of the two leaf vacs pw currently has, will they be sold ? Are they going to lay off workers ? What fines ,if any are imposed for leaves not picked up.
It's gonna be a total debacle.
More Costly Mistakes

Maywood, IL

#2 Aug 20, 2014
The leaf pick up is designed to protect the over burdened sewers. The water department will have to triple duty to keep up with sewer cleaning, water main and sewer repairs.
Smokey The Bear

Blue Island, IL

#3 Aug 20, 2014
More Costly Mistakes wrote:
The leaf pick up is designed to protect the over burdened sewers. The water department will have to triple duty to keep up with sewer cleaning, water main and sewer repairs.
When I want to communicate with my friends we do it in person or on the phone. Is this a glimpse into the Allan Stevo Carol Di Pace Green friendship? Just vibe off each other's crazy? You each have 3-5 different monikers and just get all goofy and post complete nonsense?
What a lovely friendship. Please keep up the good work
Common Sense

Maywood, IL

#4 Aug 20, 2014
Blue Island needs residents who are unwilling to tolerate the nonsense coming out of city hall. Blue Island taxpayers can no longer afford it. City hall currently has to resort to dipping into other funds to meet payroll and pay bills. Sewers and water mains cost big money!
youhavenocommons ense

Chicago, IL

#5 Aug 21, 2014
Common Sense wrote:
Blue Island needs residents who are unwilling to tolerate the nonsense coming out of city hall. Blue Island taxpayers can no longer afford it. City hall currently has to resort to dipping into other funds to meet payroll and pay bills. Sewers and water mains cost big money!
The "nonsense" you speak of reflects the fact that less tax money coming in to your city means less services going out.

See, it's money that pays for things. More money = more things. Less money = less things.

And by "things" I mean city services in this specific instance.

If you don't like the fact that less money is coming in to be allocated to those services that are now being cut? Then either:

1) Your services can continue to be axed due to lack of funds to support those services

2) You can pay more to continue those services with money you don't have

3) The rich can pay more to continue those services with the money they DO have

Which of those three options do you prefer?
Bob

Blue Island, IL

#6 Aug 21, 2014
youhavenocommonsense wrote:
<quoted text>
The "nonsense" you speak of reflects the fact that less tax money coming in to your city means less services going out.
See, it's money that pays for things. More money = more things. Less money = less things.
And by "things" I mean city services in this specific instance.
If you don't like the fact that less money is coming in to be allocated to those services that are now being cut? Then either:
1) Your services can continue to be axed due to lack of funds to support those services
2) You can pay more to continue those services with money you don't have
3) The rich can pay more to continue those services with the money they DO have
Which of those three options do you prefer?
Peloquins Head.
Taxpayer

Blue Island, IL

#7 Aug 21, 2014
youhavenocommonsense wrote:
<quoted text>
The "nonsense" you speak of reflects the fact that less tax money coming in to your city means less services going out.
See, it's money that pays for things. More money = more things. Less money = less things.
And by "things" I mean city services in this specific instance.
If you don't like the fact that less money is coming in to be allocated to those services that are now being cut? Then either:
1) Your services can continue to be axed due to lack of funds to support those services
2) You can pay more to continue those services with money you don't have
3) The rich can pay more to continue those services with the money they DO have
Which of those three options do you prefer?
I prefer:
4) Better management of the money
5) Eliminate no-bid contracts
6) Cut backs to high salaries paid to Political triple - dippers
New losers

Blue Island, IL

#8 Aug 21, 2014
Bob wrote:
<quoted text> Peloquins Head.
Focus Bob. Peloquin is gone you are now paying taxes to fund Johnny's third retirement. No services BIIP.
Wrong guess

Blue Island, IL

#9 Aug 21, 2014
Smokey The Bear wrote:
<quoted text>
When I want to communicate with my friends we do it in person or on the phone. Is this a glimpse into the Allan Stevo Carol Di Pace Green friendship? Just vibe off each other's crazy? You each have 3-5 different monikers and just get all goofy and post complete nonsense?
What a lovely friendship. Please keep up the good work
Not Carol. Not Stevo. We the citizens are using Topix to convey frustrations with the BIIP.
Real Savings

Maywood, IL

#10 Aug 21, 2014
Add:
7.) Aldermen who make informed decisions and vote to represent their ward; instead of Rubber Stamping.
fact

Orland Park, IL

#11 Aug 21, 2014
Smokey The Bear wrote:
<quoted text>
When I want to communicate with my friends we do it in person or on the phone. Is this a glimpse into the Allan Stevo Carol Di Pace Green friendship? Just vibe off each other's crazy? You each have 3-5 different monikers and just get all goofy and post complete nonsense?
What a lovely friendship. Please keep up the good work
Its posted on the city web page you stooge
fact

Orland Park, IL

#12 Aug 21, 2014
Do you think Allied Waste is going to handle all the extra bins in alleys and not raise fees
fact

Orland Park, IL

#13 Aug 21, 2014
Drive the town and look at sewer covers , they have not cleared them at all this year . Residents clean more sewer covers than pw has in the last ten years.. Merrionette Park has a one man crew clearing covers after every rainfall . Other towns have knowledgeable leaders wirh common sense
FedUpWithBI

Orland Park, IL

#14 Aug 21, 2014
More Costly Mistakes wrote:
The leaf pick up is designed to protect the over burdened sewers. The water department will have to triple duty to keep up with sewer cleaning, water main and sewer repairs.
They are not keeping up with sewer maintenance as it is. I get sewage backup in my basement every time we have downpours. That had never happened before last year and I've lived in this house for more than 10 years. The city is blaming it on me...it isn't me...it's them.
FedUpWithBI

Orland Park, IL

#15 Aug 21, 2014
Common Sense wrote:
Blue Island needs residents who are unwilling to tolerate the nonsense coming out of city hall. Blue Island taxpayers can no longer afford it. City hall currently has to resort to dipping into other funds to meet payroll and pay bills. Sewers and water mains cost big money!
We've been paying for this alleged maintenance for YEARS. The corrupt city government misappropriated it.
FedUpWithBI

Orland Park, IL

#16 Aug 21, 2014
fact wrote:
Drive the town and look at sewer covers , they have not cleared them at all this year . Residents clean more sewer covers than pw has in the last ten years.. Merrionette Park has a one man crew clearing covers after every rainfall . Other towns have knowledgeable leaders wirh common sense
You are absolutely correct.
FedUpWithBI

Orland Park, IL

#17 Aug 21, 2014
fact wrote:
Do you think Allied Waste is going to handle all the extra bins in alleys and not raise fees
They just raised them again. Half of my bill is for sanitation. This amount was what my total bill used to be. BI water bills are literally twice what they used to be just a few years ago and what they were for YEARS.
BEST News SOURCE

Maywood, IL

#18 Aug 21, 2014
Wrong guess wrote:
<quoted text>
Not Carol. Not Stevo. We the citizens are using Topix to convey frustrations with the BIIP.
Taxpayers are Fed Up with BIIP FAILURE..
Andy

Orland Park, IL

#19 Aug 21, 2014
FedUpWithBI wrote:
<quoted text>
They just raised them again. Half of my bill is for sanitation. This amount was what my total bill used to be. BI water bills are literally twice what they used to be just a few years ago and what they were for YEARS.
Our mayor rents an apartment on Vincennes, spends more tax dollars on cruise nights and self promotion videos of himself. Bet you all vote him in again.
Spectacular Failure

Maywood, IL

#20 Aug 21, 2014
Blue Island got BIIPED,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dixmoor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who is running for Mayor of Chicago Ridge? 3 hr Pompas jacka55 102
john ryan puppet for james quinn !!! 5 hr bystander 5
ryan - quinn scheme exposed !!! 6 hr bystander 11
Ace Hardware coming soon? 7 hr Say Whaaaat 3
Who are you electing for Hazel Crest Mayor? 7 hr Frustrated 11
snoop dogg to play ridgefest (Mar '09) 8 hr Dad 24
Tokar Fest 2017 (Jun '16) 9 hr fest goer 20

Dixmoor Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dixmoor Mortgages