Trustees on Puppet Strings in Alsip

Posted in the Dixmoor Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Village Voice

Oak Lawn, IL

#1 Sep 16, 2011
Trustee Dalzell, what happened to your campaign promise (Ryan's also) of immediately passing an ordinance to cut trustee pay? What a crock of crap. You have the votes now, make it happen.

Everyone sees now that the puppetmaster is Quinn and the danglers are the two newbies and Daddonna. Typical Steve, never a leader, always a convenient follower. Independent my ass!
Beat

Oak Lawn, IL

#2 Sep 17, 2011
Steve was always a windsock. He goes with the flow. Whatever the flavor of the month is, never the leader. Always on coattails.
Watching Waiting

Chicago, IL

#3 Sep 20, 2011
So far, our newly elected Trustees Ryan, Dalzell, and Mcgreal have done nothing positive for Alsip so sad and disappointed. Now these 3 clowns along with Trustee Quinn voted to hire more attorneys for themselves while at village board meetings!!! Just wasting our hard earned tax dollars!!! Mr Quinn your finished in 2013!!!!! Again!
Andy M

Oak Lawn, IL

#4 Sep 21, 2011
I heard about this who do these jerk offs think they are? Oh yeah also heard about trustee Quinn patting Mcgreal on the head good doggie woof woof. fooled once but not again
alsip

Midlothian, IL

#5 Sep 21, 2011
Andy M wrote:
I heard about this who do these jerk offs think they are? Oh yeah also heard about trustee Quinn patting Mcgreal on the head good doggie woof woof. fooled once but not again
no different than kitching and michaels and the rest... talk about lap dogs.
concerned

Forest Park, IL

#6 Sep 22, 2011
Watching Waiting wrote:
So far, our newly elected Trustees Ryan, Dalzell, and Mcgreal have done nothing positive for Alsip so sad and disappointed. Now these 3 clowns along with Trustee Quinn voted to hire more attorneys for themselves while at village board meetings!!! Just wasting our hard earned tax dollars!!! Mr Quinn your finished in 2013!!!!! Again!
Wasted tax dollars is watching a 9 sq mile town where you can't even buy a pair of shoes pay a Mayor 98,000.00 per yr, plus a lucerative village pension, a Water Commissioner 90,000.00 per yr and a Building Dept Inspector 90,000.00. I feel a town with a median household income of 58,000.00 would agree, that these 3 positions worth over a quarter of a million dollars should be addressed by the new village board. I was at the board meeting where Trustees Ryan, Dalzell and McGreal were dealing with public safety issues and having street lights installed on blocks that had none.
Beat

Oak Lawn, IL

#7 Sep 23, 2011
concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasted tax dollars is watching a 9 sq mile town where you can't even buy a pair of shoes pay a Mayor 98,000.00 per yr, plus a lucerative village pension, a Water Commissioner 90,000.00 per yr and a Building Dept Inspector 90,000.00. I feel a town with a median household income of 58,000.00 would agree, that these 3 positions worth over a quarter of a million dollars should be addressed by the new village board. I was at the board meeting where Trustees Ryan, Dalzell and McGreal were dealing with public safety issues and having street lights installed on blocks that had none.
ha ha ha ha ha

They addressed it alright! Those 3 clowns voted in their own law firm. Probably because they are going to do some shady stuff that wasn't flying with the sitting village attorney. Talk about a waste of taxpayer money. Who the hell do thes clowns think they are taking a salary and then using our money to hire their own lawyers.
Trustee Whispers

Chicago, IL

#8 Sep 26, 2011
Let me address Trustee Steve Dadonna, he has been a trustee for 2 years. In these two years he has abandoned the Action Party ( The same people that got him elected) because of his political ambition to be Mayor, now he has abandoned Alsip Taxpayers by voting to hire an additional and unneeded law firm for the trustees at board meetings!!!! Dispicable!!!!! Who will Trustee Dadonna abandon next????????
Beat

Oak Lawn, IL

#9 Sep 27, 2011
Trustee Whispers wrote:
Let me address Trustee Steve Dadonna, he has been a trustee for 2 years. In these two years he has abandoned the Action Party ( The same people that got him elected) because of his political ambition to be Mayor, now he has abandoned Alsip Taxpayers by voting to hire an additional and unneeded law firm for the trustees at board meetings!!!! Dispicable!!!!! Who will Trustee Dadonna abandon next????????
I agree with the comment earlier. He has never been a leader, only a follower. This is why he didn't make lieutenant until he was ready to retire. The two guys that could have promoted him, Quinn while on the village board and Dalzell, who was his police chief for many years know he isn't a leader, only a follower. That is why they knew if they got back on the board in Quinn's case or on the board in Dalzell's case, Steve would cave under the pressure and follow them again.

As for him running for mayor, what a crock. Everyone knows he can't lead.
Alsip Al

Forest Park, IL

#10 Sep 27, 2011
Trustee Whispers wrote:
Sounds like someone's afraid of Vince and Joe Cainkar. Weren't they the the village attorneys before the Kitching administration?
At the end of the day(term) we'll see if the legislative attorney hired to assist the Alsip Village Board is effective. Mayor Kitching and former trustees Kevin Michaels and Dan Godfrey made all attorney and committee appointments 1 week before the New Trustees were seated. Talk about how you screw the Alsip Voters and newly elected officals as you walk out the door.
Jim Quinns Song

Chicago, IL

#11 Sep 27, 2011
I heard Trustee Jim Quinn singing a song that goes like this - I owe, I owe, I owe for pro Bono, I found a way for the taxpayers to pay for Vince and Joe Cainkar...O. Jim's old attorney friends are also more expensive than the current village attorneys! Way to stick it the taxpayers Jim, Ryan, McGreal, Dadonna, and Dalzell!!! Ashame that taxpayer money can't go better raises for our hardworking, blue collar village workers!!!
Alsip Bob

Forest Park, IL

#12 Sep 27, 2011
Alsip Al wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like someone's afraid of Vince and Joe Cainkar. Weren't they the the village attorneys before the Kitching administration?
At the end of the day(term) we'll see if the legislative attorney hired to assist the Alsip Village Board is effective. Mayor Kitching and former trustees Kevin Michaels and Dan Godfrey made all attorney and committee appointments 1 week before the New Trustees were seated. Talk about how you screw the Alsip Voters and newly elected officals as you walk out the door.
Alsip Al is right. The Cainkar lawfirm is the best on the southside and they obviously have the confidence of the people we elected to represent us. We will have to weigh in at the next election. When you mention whispers, I thought you meant Trustee John Shapiro, he never says anything.
alsip

Midlothian, IL

#13 Sep 28, 2011
Alsip Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Alsip Al is right. The Cainkar lawfirm is the best on the southside and they obviously have the confidence of the people we elected to represent us. We will have to weigh in at the next election. When you mention whispers, I thought you meant Trustee John Shapiro, he never says anything.
and when he does, he sounds like fog horn leg horn.
taxed enuf

South Holland, IL

#14 Sep 28, 2011
concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
they're able to pay those saleries because of the kangaroo court they hold in the village hall ---$100 for smoking a cigarette by a 17 year old -- and the police took all the cigarettes- some of them unopened packs- and were seen lighting them up
Beat

Oak Lawn, IL

#15 Oct 3, 2011
"Whispers Daddona" is the nickname his police brethren gave him because he is the biggest gossiping windsock this village has ever seen. If you want to know anything about people's private lives, ask Whispers.

Anybody remember the old comedy by the Wayan's Brothers, In Living Color? Steve reminds me of Ms. Bonita Butrell. She is kind to your face, but as soon as you turn your back, he has something to say.
K-9 patrol

Oak Lawn, IL

#16 Oct 4, 2011
I just heard Whispers Daddona left the party that got him his seat on the village board. Apparently this happened during the last election. Jeesh, where have I been?
He has now apparently stated that he doesn't need the party, afterall he got more votes than the mayor and is the most popular trustee in the town. Now he has said he is running for mayor.
What a turncoat.
He has back-stabbed two parties now. UP and AP.
Is Alsip really ready to trust Whispers.
Ssssshhhhhhhh, be very quiet, do you hear that, that is Whispers talking bad about you after being nice to your face Alsip.
Voter

Forest Park, IL

#17 Oct 4, 2011
I cannot wait for next election, we will take our place at the table. NO more nice guy. We have many connections and we will not tolerate the nonsense. I will dispute everything that I can and I will stall the election just like the Mayor and Trustee Shopiro and Clerk Vanhiezen did to Mr. Dazell and Mr. Ryaan. I like all policemens. This election will be fun. We will have big party when I win. Then I will appoint all of my neighbors just like the action people did.
115th Place

Dallas, TX

#18 Oct 10, 2011
K-9 patrol wrote:
I just heard Whispers Daddona left the party that got him his seat on the village board. Apparently this happened during the last election. Jeesh, where have I been?
He has now apparently stated that he doesn't need the party, afterall he got more votes than the mayor and is the most popular trustee in the town. Now he has said he is running for mayor.
What a turncoat.
Ssssshhhhhhhh, be very quiet, do you hear that, that is Whispers talking Whbad about you after being nice to your face Alsip.
Dadonna did not get more votes than the Mayor, he came close but no one got more votes in any race than Kitching, as for the Alsip Police trying to sway an election....That's laughable, halfof the dept doesn't even live in town so they have no voting rights, I think the Alsip police think they hold a heck of a lot of influence but in reality they are a bunch of crybabies, as soon as the economy tanked and they were asked to make a couple concessions like the rest of the village employees they acted like a bunch of 6 year olds that got their toy taken away by Mom. Good Luck Dadonna or Jim Quinn or whoever the hell is running for mayor, you will need it. The AP won't make the same mistake twice...
Hazelgreen

Dallas, TX

#19 Oct 10, 2011
I feel sorry Kitching, he has done a lot of good things for Alsip in his term and with more good things coming. It's a shame people like Trustee Dadonna and trustee Sheila (Bridget) McGreal (as her election sign read) have decided to sell out the people that voted for them for selfish, personal gains, I know Mayor Kitching, known him for years, he is a good, honest man that loves the village, FD, PD, Public Works, and the rest. He is professional and kind to all the Trustee's even when they are rude, ignorant, and unprofessional. He rolls with the punches with a steady hand and is still managing to get good things done with a very hostile village board. You see folks, that's true LEADERSHIP! I don't know if Pat is running again in a couple years or not, but I can tell you this, I won't vote for any McGreal, Dadonna, or Quinn because they are self serving people
Hazelgreen

Dallas, TX

#20 Oct 10, 2011
K-9 patrol wrote:
What a turncoat.
Ssssshhhhhhhh, be very quiet, do you hear that, that is Whispers talking bad about you after being nice to your face Alsip.
I agree with you K9, Steve is the definition of a turncoat, windsock, traitor! He would sell out ANYONE to advance his own personnal gains. Your right, he sold out the AP and UP. The man has no loyalty to anyone but himself. Now he joined up with the unjolly fat trustee to sell out the Taxpayers of Alsip! VOTE NO TO DADDONA in 2013!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dixmoor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A cowardly excuse for a man 2 hr Marie Tolliver 25
Woman Rob Chase bank in downtown Riverdale. 3 hr Booker T 1
Blue Island Government Need's Transparency (Aug '11) 3 hr Change is needed 13
Racist Midlothian 4 hr umm yeah 71
who GEORGE SCHLEYER? (May '12) 4 hr Bugaboo 38
Recall Rybak 6 hr Gman 24
and there off The 2017 race for Mayor. 7 hr No spin zone 35
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dixmoor Mortgages