Where are the plows on Heights North ...

Where are the plows on Heights North End? Send in the clowns!

Posted in the Dixmoor Forum

Uncle Cracker

Park Forest, IL

#1 Jan 5, 2014
6:30 AM, streets in Steger, South Heights cleared...as of 11:20 AM, streets in Heights North end near Olympia Plaza virtually impassable, untouched by plows. Great job my ass, where the hell are you guys?
Another tangible failure, begin the excuses now Digger!

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#2 Jan 5, 2014
Uncle Cracker, You are on Crack. Soooooo you are in Steger and South Heights at 630 and now complaining about the north end. How about Major roads are done first, than blocks. BTW did not look bad to me when I was in the area not long ago. Bet you are one of those people who leave their cars on the street during major snowstorm too right? At least the roads were clear enough for you to drive out of town huh?
Uncle Cracker

Park Forest, IL

#3 Jan 6, 2014
Ridiculous answer by another political lackey....area near Olympia Plaza not plowed until 4 PM, then a crappy job done on top of everything. Ashamed to say I grew up in this town, what a decay of expectations.
Smaller towns that used to be "hick" towns compared to the Heights now have way better and conscientious infrastructure management. They used to complain about the patronage during the 70's in the Hts but at least those guys tried to keep the town going. What a joke now!
Uncle Cracker

Park Forest, IL

#4 Jan 6, 2014
A complete and utter failure of services....again!
reality101

Chicago, IL

#5 Jan 6, 2014
Less than 12 hours after snow stopped all roads in the heights are 100pct passable. I dare you to call any other surrounding municipality and ask if they even come close. Kudos to all who put in the effort to keep our streets open and safe. And uncle cracks, why are you out driving in a blizzard checking streets. Would be smart to stay out of the way so public works can safely do their job. But I guess that would be to much like right huh?
Uncle Cracker

Park Forest, IL

#6 Jan 6, 2014
You are kidding me, right, "reality"? 12 Hours? Is that an appropriate response time?

Other towns in the immediate proximity were clear while the snow was flying, not hours later.
Further, the lame pick-up truck based plows did such a shitty job in the Hts that most driveways had a worse problem than before the "help" came in.
What a lame-ass response from a lame ass has-been town. Shame on you.
ActiveResident

Park Forest, IL

#7 Jan 7, 2014
The problem is assigning "blame". Clueless residents believe that because a road is in Chicago Heights that they're the ones who are responsible for plowing it. Wrong. Roads are either city roads, or township/county roads or Illinois state roads. You can't plow a road that isn't yours. I'd be willing to bet that the worst roads were the ones with the state's responsibility!
Uncle Cracker

Park Forest, IL

#8 Jan 7, 2014
OK, let me explain this so even YOU can understand....I am well aware of County/State roads, I was referring to roads that are in the Hts jurisdiction...Coolidge, Glengate, Manchester, Grosvenor, etc....all areas adjacent to PSU, but clearly city responsibility.

And, we are correct in assigning "blame"....I pay for these services and when they are not done in a timely fashion and when finally completed are half-assed we should beef! Unacceptable!
4th ward res

Chicago, IL

#9 Jan 7, 2014
Uncle cracker......GO F**K YOUR SELF. I PLOWED AND I ASSURE YOU THAT TWO CREWS WORKED AROUND THE CLOCK TO MAKE SURE THAT THE STREETS WE'RE CLEAN AND THE WERE! IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE WAY THE CITY IS..... THEN LEAVE SCUMBAG
Uncle Cracker

Park Forest, IL

#10 Jan 7, 2014
...my my! Next time why don't you take your anger out on the job at hand instead of insulting an honest observer, you overtime milking, incompetent tool user!

In reality, if your two crews worked "around the clock" they were not in the North end except to stop at "Egg n I" for yet another break! The work WAS NOT done until 4P and it was substandard when it was finally "completed".

Are you really proud of the level of service you provide? You must have been one of those "honorable mention" kids in grade school, right? You know, the ones that they had to find something that you were mediocre at?
keith

Herriman, UT

#11 Jan 11, 2014
is that u behind the name uncle cracker keith
4th ward res

Chicago, IL

#12 Jan 11, 2014
Uncle cracker is .......Keith p! I would expect NOTHING LESS FROM A PERSON LIKE YOU! AND YOU WORK FOR THE CITY....U BUM

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#13 Jan 12, 2014
4th ward res wrote:
Uncle cracker is .......Keith p! I would expect NOTHING LESS FROM A PERSON LIKE YOU! AND YOU WORK FOR THE CITY....U BUM
Wait, you mean to say Uncle Cracker is a disgruntle City Employee? What kind of work does he do? Complain and watch others work? Please tell us more.
Belly Dancer

Park Forest, IL

#15 Jan 12, 2014
The streets Were not plowed in a timely manner! I blame this soley on Gonzo! Incompetence! The only people defending him are the lazy ones who work for the street dept. That did such a lousy job! Yes, Yes, eat my little fatso"s!
Uncle Cracker

Park Forest, IL

#16 Jan 13, 2014
Thanks for corroborating my observations BD, the response time was disgraceful, worst in the South burbs.
Curtis

Chicago, IL

#17 Jan 13, 2014
Your all full of it! I PLOWED THE NORTH END MYSELF
Uncle Cracker

Park Forest, IL

#18 Jan 13, 2014
Well Curtis, unless your shift started at 4PM you must have been at Dimitri's.....nothing east of Chicago Road, south of Joe Orr was touched until then. Where the hell were you?

Oh, wait....did you say you got PLOWED on the North End? Then, I can believe it!
the real curtis

Chicago, IL

#19 Jan 14, 2014
Curtis wrote:
Your all full of it! I PLOWED THE NORTH END MYSELF
Try again u bum. This is not my post. As I read this it is 4:15 pm and your post was 21 hours ago. That would make this post at 7:15 Monday night. I was in the park board meeting. Not posting on topix.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dixmoor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mayor Vargas deserves No Medal Of Honor for Sta... 1 hr Leadership and In... 118
Tokar Fest 2017 1 hr Want to Know 4
John Kasparek New City Auditor Addresses City C... (Oct '15) 2 hr Ben Dover 45
Recall Rybak 2 hr umm yeah 15
Availability of New BI Ward Map 2 hr Like Butter 74
Racist Midlothian 3 hr Trumbull 58
Oak Forest Man Accused of Sexually Assaulting G... 3 hr Snatch Patch 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dixmoor Mortgages