Red Light Enforcement Program

Posted in the Dixmoor Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Fed Up Taxpayer

Park Forest, IL

#1 Sep 15, 2010
Perhaps I'm late on the scene on this issue but is anyone fed up with the bogus Red Light Enforcement Program? It's one thing to put something in place to encourage safe driving and lower the number of accidents but this is not the way to do it. New cameras and small signs have been placed in areas where drivers can not see the new signage and/or have not been informed that these new codes are in place. The right turn codes are especially deceiving. I'd like to hear more comments from other drivers.
NOT PRO GOVT

Matteson, IL

#2 Dec 24, 2010
I have received two of these infuriating tickets at 100 bucks a pop, one in oly fields, 1 at i think cicero and 183. I am a good driver, and the one on cicero, i made a turn on a red light, did not come to a complete stop. The one in Oly Fields,I remember as going thru a yellow light sort of late, but when I looked at the video online, it looks like the light was red when I was entering the intersection, and I know it was not. There were also 2 other cars entering the intersection at the same time from the opposite direction, so I guess they got tickets too. Illinois is desparate for money, and this type of revenue gathering will continue. This is good state to leave. I will hold a grudge and go out of my way not to support these two towns, oly fields and coutnry club hills. How stupid of these towns, people don't forget. C Club Hills will be the next Ford Heights, serves them right.
bessie

Homewood, IL

#3 Dec 24, 2010
I also got 2 tickets one on chicago rd and rt 30 i made a left hand turn there were cars in front of me i was across the line the light turned red while i was in the intersection so i finished the turn they said i went thru a red light next time i will stay in middle of street and block traffic till light turns green again before i finish the turn. 2nd one was at cicero and rt 30 made a right hand turn onto cicero no sign is posted that i could see. Got ticket in mail went back to intersection to look for sign still could not find one , but i had to pay the ticket it sucks
Mary

Park Forest, IL

#4 Feb 28, 2011
This is number four ticket I have received for a right turn on red in CCHills. Two were at 183 Cicero and two were at 183 Pulaski. I paid 3 tickets and were told I had no others, but this last one is dated prior to that date. This recent one shows me stopping to yeild for on-coming traffic and proceeding after that. 5 seconds. What is going on? How long do I have to wait. This is unreal. I think I will stop turning on red and wait for green light. Someone is getting rich.
HMMMMMMMMMMMM

AOL

#5 Feb 28, 2011
As a police officer, I feel these are an outrage. Yes, they do slow people down, and I am sure reduce traffic crashes. But, I feel it is just another way to empty a citizens pocket.
If you go to a hearing the court officer does not want to hear anything about what happened, stating "look at teh video".

I am sorry I think they all should go...
WHAAT

Chicago, IL

#6 May 20, 2011
I got a ticket for making a right turn on red after making a complete stop two months later, absolutely wrong, they are stealing from citizens. Country club hills what a terrible place it's becoming!!!!!
3 Seconds not enough

Chicago, IL

#7 Aug 29, 2011
I will intentionally avoid Country Club Hills. I also received a ridiculous ticket in the mai after a right on red at 183rd and Pulaski. What a joke....
It figures

United States

#8 Sep 4, 2011
Country Club Hell. I do feel a little sorry for the Cops, we all think it's them when it's really the a-hole politicians raking in money for nothing.
Money for CCH officials

Chicago, IL

#9 Nov 28, 2011
I have approx 5 red light violations from Country Club Hills at 183rd and Cicero. I live in Matteson IL and have children attending St.Johns and Sykuta schools in CCH. My youngest has downs Syndrome.
I received these tickets 'monthes' after the violation and all are for a right turn violation. I have a safe driving record., I always make sure the traffic is clear and safe before making a right turn. I feel if they are going to penalize a person, at least make the amount 25 and not a whopping 100
sign
will avoid CCH as much as possible, inc shopping

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#10 Dec 3, 2011
It figures wrote:
Country Club Hell. I do feel a little sorry for the Cops, we all think it's them when it's really the a-hole politicians raking in money for nothing.
What do you mean for nothing? Mayor has to go to Hooters. And expensive restaraunts in Chicago to have 'meetings'.
concerned

United States

#11 Jan 9, 2012
CCH Inept

Concord, CA

#12 Dec 3, 2012
We rec'd a red light ticket on 8/4/12 with a response date of 8/8/12. The violation occurred on 6/19/12 with a "notice date" of 7/9/12. Somehow this notice floated around for almost a month and we have a few days to reply.

Miss that pay by date and they add another $100. Nice way to pad the budget - withhold the notices and give people only a few days to react.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Right now I refuse to pay the late fee on principle and am considering going to the Southtown and am interested in knowing how many others had the same experience?
(Note: I made numerous calls to CCH - one even the day before it was due to let them know and of course "there is nothing they can do" - pay up!)
moor

Chicago Heights, IL

#13 Dec 11, 2012
CCH Inept wrote:
We rec'd a red light ticket on 8/4/12 with a response date of 8/8/12. The violation occurred on 6/19/12 with a "notice date" of 7/9/12. Somehow this notice floated around for almost a month and we have a few days to reply.
Miss that pay by date and they add another $100. Nice way to pad the budget - withhold the notices and give people only a few days to react.
Has anyone else experienced this?
Right now I refuse to pay the late fee on principle and am considering going to the Southtown and am interested in knowing how many others had the same experience?
(Note: I made numerous calls to CCH - one even the day before it was due to let them know and of course "there is nothing they can do" - pay up!)
mayor has a meet and greet..wake up sunday morning and meet him at the dunkin donuts early and tell him what happened..in fact the statute for the red light tickets gives you a sufficent notice for the offense. at most they'll just extend the time for you.

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/ilcs/fulltext...

there are some remedies here...but i suggest people start studying real laws.
CCH Laughing stock

Chicago, IL

#14 Jan 5, 2013
I too have had two tickets for not stopping before making a right hand turn at 183rd and Cicero. Both times in fact, I DID stop. The first one was dismissed because I was told they look at the tires of the car on the video and they couldn't tell if my tires were moving or not. The second one comes due this week.
THIS IS A SCAM FOR CCH, just a revenue generating scam. I will fight this one all the way, it is ridiculous! I haven't had an accident, parking or moving violation in over 30 years, but I get a ticket every time I pass through CCH!!!!!!
Deb

Evanston, IL

#15 Mar 17, 2013
I said I would never pay for the same light because I moved to Chicago, however I had to do it because I am buying a house and was on my credit, so be careful. Also my friend in Matteson told me she paid half during some amnesty program but when I called they said it was over so maybe you should check to learn when they offer amnesty again
Money for CCH officials wrote:
I have approx 5 red light violations from Country Club Hills at 183rd and Cicero. I live in Matteson IL and have children attending St.Johns and Sykuta schools in CCH. My youngest has downs Syndrome.
I received these tickets 'monthes' after the violation and all are for a right turn violation. I have a safe driving record., I always make sure the traffic is clear and safe before making a right turn. I feel if they are going to penalize a person, at least make the amount 25 and not a whopping 100
sign
will avoid CCH as much as possible, inc shopping
BS in CC Hills

Calumet City, IL

#16 Jun 7, 2013
I just got one, too! For a right turn on red in Country Club hills at 183rd and Cicero! Something has got to be done about these pricks. Traffic laws are NOT in place to promote traffic SAFETY! They're in place to facilitate the most efficient and common sense free-flow of traffic!... of which, safety is an added benefit. They are NOT put in place to raise revenues of corrupt governments! If you did nothing unsafe, if you impeded no one, you should NOT be issued a ticket... for ANYTHING! Regardless of whether you came to a full stop (which I'm pretty sure I did - I almost always do, and I can't imagine that I didn't in this case. At first I thought it was for a no turn on red, but there's no sign there.

Rather than avoid this intersection, I think we should flood it, then form a class action suit against the city of Country Club Hills.

Either that, or spray paint over their Big Brother cameras.
Wise Owl

Orland Park, IL

#17 Jul 27, 2013
My advice is simply avoid CCH. They have brought in around 3.8 million from red light cameras over the past five years and are still in financial trouble. Obviously they have a spending problem and are solving revenue deficiencies through fines. My understanding is that elderly and infirm long time residents have recently been receiving citations for unkempt property. This sounds like another way to balance the budget on the backs of those least able to afford it. The right thing to do would be to reach out to these folks and offer assistance to them so their home and yard meet the high standards of CCH. Oh well, I'm glad I have enough sense to avoid CCH. By the way, if you don't pay the fines they will intercept your state tax refund or put a lien on your property.
Wise Owl

Orland Park, IL

#18 Jul 27, 2013
Clarification to previous post. They have the right to take your state income tax refund to satisfy unpaid fines. Also they have the right to put a lien on your property to pay the cost of upkeep or repairs that they perform if you don't follow their property maintenance ordinance. Hope this helps. I still think a better solution would be for community groups to come together to help those out that are unable to maintain their property to CCH standards. Perhaps Eagle Scout projects or high school students satisfying community service hours.
Jennifer B

Oak Forest, IL

#19 Oct 31, 2013
My husband just got a ticket at 183rd and cicero for red light violation! Corrupt mayor welsh and his board can sit at El cortez and drink Margaritas on us hard working citizens who pay for their Margaritas and Dinners with these tickets (not to mention how much of it they are pocketing)!! How much longer before the Mayor is indicted for fraud!!????
No radar love

Chicago Heights, IL

#20 Oct 31, 2013
Lets start a petition to end Red light enforced cameras or for speeding! I'm sick of these politicians! Look at Emanuel from Chicago. He budgets in what the fines will be prior to the offense even happening.I haven't received any tickets but this must stop! How fair are these hearings? We can stop this!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dixmoor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Strange guy from Comcast around neighborhood... 35 min Get A Clue 7
Grand Teton Mountains (Jan '11) 1 hr bob 2
Review; Jimmy's Gentlemen's Club (Jul '14) 2 hr God 23
Concealed carry in midlothian? 2 hr God 4
Zamiar bye bye (Dec '13) 2 hr 2337isb 95
Facebook Crusaders 5 hr Whats really funny 23
Division Street Bridge Secretly scheduled to open 5 hr The truth 46
Dixmoor Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web