Tinley Park Bulldog Baseball

Tinley Park Bulldog Baseball

Posted in the Dixmoor Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
future bobcat

Midlothian, IL

#2 Jul 11, 2012
I agree we are leaving too. I had to endure a whole 9U season where a the manager just kept pitching his son all of the time. Nice kid but not a pitcher. Can you say Daddy Ball. Just a joke a bad one and if your not a coach your child will get screwed over.
travel softball

Canton, NC

#3 Jul 12, 2012
I hear the 10 u softball manager is leaving and is taking 3 teams with him.
Town Next Door

Chicago, IL

#4 Jul 13, 2012
Unfortunately it is everywhere....
Tinley park bobcats

Riverside, IL

#5 Jul 17, 2012
I placed my son with the bobcats because the local high school coach has his kids playing on the bobcats. So if you want your son to play high school baseball get him on a Bobcat team ASAP
Just telling the truth
12U B Team

Riverside, IL

#6 Jul 17, 2012
Where is all the money we raised. I heard John is telling people there was six grand in the bank. Try to recruit new players. That money is from our team and we want that extra money to be given back to the parents. That money belongs to the families that played on that team not next years team. We will be at the august board meeting. so just ready
Lance Romance

United States

#7 Jul 18, 2012
Frankfort Square Raptors!
Im done

United States

#8 Jul 18, 2012
Parents need to wake up and stop drinking the
Bulldog Kool-aid. The board members are all from the "good old boys" network ,that love to see their own child succeed , not the team. The coaches will have their son as the starting pitcher, or short stop for every game. Your child will never get s chance.(Even if your son is twice the ball player). Thank God I had a coach who was fair to all the kids, and played the game the right way. My son will still be playing ball next year, but will do it wearing a different uniform.
Board of Egos

United States

#9 Jul 18, 2012
I know a coach who has given more of his time and his own money to the Bulldog organization than anyone. He donated his time and money to construct the new tee-ball field out of his own generosity. He has given so much to the 12u travel team, the parents could never repay. Now, the Bulldog board refused to let his team play next year under the guidance of a new head coach. The two teams that existed at this age group, will now be one team. The 12u " b " team will be that team. It should have been a no-brainer to let this highly ranked team (12u A team) to continue with its winning Bulldog tradition, but the "Board of egos" jumped in and refused. This board doesn't have a clue. Thank you to coach Doug for all his hard work and commitment to one of the greatest Bulldogs team ever to lace 'em up. "Momma don't let your babies grow up to be Bulldogs"
not fair

Orland Park, IL

#10 Jul 18, 2012
This year there was a young boy kicked of the 8u team travel team because he hit a kid. Nobody seen it happened. After the smoke settled it was learned that the young boy only retaliated after being hit by one of the coach's kid first. Nothing was done or said to the coach's kid. He is still playing and it was like it never happened. More BS
softball fan

United States

#11 Jul 19, 2012
They have done their best to blow up travel softball good bye Coach Jake you will be missed.
An impartial parent

Chicago, IL

#12 Jul 27, 2012
That's garbage - the kid that was kicked off of the 8u travel team is an A.D.D child with an evil streak. He is famous for tripping kids while they run the bases, lining baseballs at them from 6-feet away and was a monumental distraction every step of the way. He was on the team because he was decent ball player - but was a ticking timebomb that everyone knew was going to go off. No matter what happen - this kid hit another child with way too much aggression, I mean come on, who jacks a teammate in the eye with full on force - but then again the parents probable never taught him how to avoid confrontation or to speak with an adult if another child is bothering them. The reason the other kid is still playing is due to he is a great kid, yes his dad is one of the coaches but he is a solid guy that has one of the most likeable kids.

The funny thing about posting on this forum is you can paint a picture anyway you want, but just be careful who you slander as someone is bound to call B.S. when you defend bad parenting over good.. My kids and family members do not play at Tinley and I don't know any of the board members - I truley am impartial on this.
An impartial parent

Chicago, IL

#13 Jul 27, 2012
not fair wrote:
This year there was a young boy kicked of the 8u team travel team because he hit a kid. Nobody seen it happened. After the smoke settled it was learned that the young boy only retaliated after being hit by one of the coach's kid first. Nothing was done or said to the coach's kid. He is still playing and it was like it never happened. More BS
That's garbage - the kid that was kicked off of the 8u travel team is an A.D.D child with an evil streak. He is famous for tripping kids while they run the bases, lining baseballs at them from 6-feet away and was a monumental distraction every step of the way. He was on the team because he was decent ball player - but was a ticking timebomb that everyone knew was going to go off. No matter what happen - this kid hit another child with way too much aggression, I mean come on, who jacks a teammate in the eye with full on force - but then again the parents probable never taught him how to avoid confrontation or to speak with an adult if another child is bothering them. The reason the other kid is still playing is due to he is a great kid, yes his dad is one of the coaches but he is a solid guy that has one of the most likeable kids.

The funny thing about posting on this forum is you can paint a picture anyway you want, but just be careful who you slander as someone is bound to call B.S. when you defend bad parenting over good.. My kids and family members do not play at Tinley and I don't know any of the board members - I truley am impartial on this.
Same everywhere

Tinley Park, IL

#15 Jul 29, 2012
As a famous baseball player said...."baseball is a sport created for kids and ruined by adults."

The only way to bring any credibility to travel sports is to get rid of daddy coaches and bring independent coaches to run the team. That probably won't happen because the good ole boys club wants to run the show...happens on both sides of Harlem in Tinley Park.
An impartial parent

Chicago, IL

#16 Jul 30, 2012
Same everywhere wrote:
As a famous baseball player said...."baseball is a sport created for kids and ruined by adults."
The only way to bring any credibility to travel sports is to get rid of daddy coaches and bring independent coaches to run the team. That probably won't happen because the good ole boys club wants to run the show...happens on both sides of Harlem in Tinley Park.
Correct. It is the same everywhere, just type in any of your surrounding suburbs baseball organizations and you will read Topix forums with the same exact complaints. There are always a handful of people that paid their 100 bucks, sold their raffle tickets and now think they have the right to judge an organization. Most of the problems start when a parent is shocked that their kid did not make a travel team, or that they sit the bench etc.

My advise would be to play baseball with your kids and make sure that they get proper instruction in the winter months away from your organization, just don't drop them off and expect coaches to work wonders... I mean do you drop your kid off at school and expect the teachers to make them geniuses with no work being done at home? And if you don't like you child's coach or a certain board member, make sure you report them with an official letter, don't just type stuff on random online forums like this one.

There is a lot of emotion involved so adults do get carried away from time to time. The thing to remember if you are a complaining parent is that these are volunteers. Just like you see the umpires at the games that are making $30 and blow five calls each game, they are not professionals, this is not MLB, mistakes are made, opinions differ, and yes one or two of every 10 board members can be weasels (probably better odds than your paid local politicians). The best thing to do is to get an impartial executive board that keeps the others in line. Normally an executive board should consist of 3-5 members that listen to the complaints and observe the demeanor of the other members. Does Tinley do that?

As for removing father/coaches, that's the worst idea ever, the passion comes from our own children, you are not going to find many coaches that are willing to coach a random team. The best coaches are the ones that have children that are very good at the game, you should look at it like this, a coach's resume is his child. If a coach's kid is horrible and does not seem to be interested in the sport, the odds are the coach is doing it for themselves, and bad decisions are more likely to be made by that person. If being a board member is more important to a person than playing the game with their own child, that is a potential problem.

An impartial parent

Chicago, IL

#17 Jul 30, 2012
Fed up wrote:
As an impartial parent you seem to know alot about this incedent? True, maybe the kid was a "ticking time bomb" but if this kid hit any other kid besides a coaches kid, he would still be on the team. I'm not saying every coach in bulldogs is mean spirited but the ones that are currently on the board are. Beleive me, I've dealt with a couple of them. Their behavior and self entitlement is disgusting!
<quoted text>
Wrong! it's the level of violence, it happens in every sport, and in every level, when you have such a disregard for human feelings that you punch someone square in the eye and they are injured you become wrong no matter what led up to that (if anything did at all). As for who I am (who are you)- I am not the type of person to lie on the internet, I am not involved with Tinley in any capacity this year.
impartial joke

Midlothian, IL

#18 Aug 14, 2012
Dear impartial parent you are a joke you slam this child pretending to be someone who cares. You slander this child call him names that makes you an Assclown. The coaches kid's mom walks around dressed like she is 16 and when her son was in his first year of pinto he did not get to play in the infield right away and she went nuts, momzilla nuts. She went off on us coaches and went to the league to bitch about how we were running the team. Great character momzilla. That's why I stopped coaching because of parents like that. The bulldogs are a great organization that gives more to its players than other towns. Just an impartial parent.
An impartial parent

Chicago, IL

#19 Aug 24, 2012
impartial joke wrote:
Dear impartial parent you are a joke you slam this child pretending to be someone who cares. You slander this child call him names that makes you an Assclown. The coaches kid's mom walks around dressed like she is 16 and when her son was in his first year of pinto he did not get to play in the infield right away and she went nuts, momzilla nuts. She went off on us coaches and went to the league to bitch about how we were running the team. Great character momzilla. That's why I stopped coaching because of parents like that. The bulldogs are a great organization that gives more to its players than other towns. Just an impartial parent.
Sir or Madam read what you typed, 45 percent off what you wrote is name calling, and 100-percent is off topic. But you are correct about one thing, I am not that concerned about what happened with these kids because the right decision followed the altercation.
Please read what I typed, it is factual, the child has A.D.D and a mean streak and his parents foster (most likely created) this behavior with bad parenting decisions. Behavioral issues for a child of the age of 7 or 8 is very rarely the fault of the child, as parental guidance and the proper values must be instilled over years, so when situations like this come up, the child is emotionally equipped to make the right decision.
With your Assclown statement, and the fact that you say you quit coaching, I bet your kid is a handful too. I bet your kid is also unlikeable to the point that it will affect his status 15-20 years from now. But donít worry about it now, the world needs ditch diggers too, and parents like you create a never ending resource of them.
TP Bobcat

Riverside, IL

#20 Aug 25, 2012
I think you both are mean people. The first one you should be ashamed of what you wrote about a child and the second person talking about the mom thats crazy. Funny but wrong. I am just glad you both play on that side of town trash.
fmk61

Tinley Park, IL

#21 Aug 26, 2012
Get involved,coach,manage
,team mom.i have with bobcats and bulldogs from t ball to pony and softball with the girls.its easy sitting back and complain
An impartial parent

Chicago, IL

#22 Aug 28, 2012
TP Bobcat wrote:
I think you both are mean people. The first one you should be ashamed of what you wrote about a child and the second person talking about the mom thats crazy. Funny but wrong. I am just glad you both play on that side of town trash.
Of course you do, TP Neal-and-Bob cats are an organization of sensitive people with a goal to teach the kids that losing is fun. My son plays baseball in HS now, so that is the only reason we are no longer playing with the Bulldogs. However to people within the Bobcats everyone is mean and hurtful.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dixmoor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BI Schools 130 (Apr '13) 1 hr More 4 Political ... 55
Tough guy Trumbull 1 hr Bozo 10
Keep Balbo Monument in Place 2 hr Whats next 1
What Pam Frasor Don Peloquin Todd Stroger Ha... (Jan '10) 3 hr do you like thi... 289
Robert Rita takes the oath. Becomes a member of... (Jan '15) 3 hr stop complaining 202
Stop the Soda Tax in Cook County 12 hr Mongo McRomeoville 19
Michael Bloomberg 12 hr Michael Bloomberg 1

Dixmoor Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dixmoor Mortgages