CR, on Location
Brian DePalma

Chicago, IL

#1 Mar 25, 2010
Dear Citizens of CR, I will soon be in town filming my new production "Skank on a Hot Tin Roof". I would appreciate your patience and cooperation during the next 5-6 weeks. Hollywood fans can keep an eye out for both William Hurt, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Crispin Glover and John Malkovich as they will have parts in this film. Tonight we will be up at Shortstops filming a love scene of sorts. The regulars there will also be in supporting roles. Well wish me luck, I think this may be my Oscar!
waknup

Tinley Park, IL

#2 Mar 25, 2010
Topix is for serious posters like myself. This is not intended to be joked about. Stop it.
muha

Tinley Park, IL

#3 Mar 25, 2010
wtf really
Brian DePalma

Chicago, IL

#4 Mar 26, 2010
Kudos jackass, which CR department do you act like you work in? Did you bat 1st because your father was the manager?
John Malkovich

Las Vegas, NV

#5 Mar 27, 2010
Brian, you are a wonderful man who does try very hard to make wonderful films. Could I leave you with a bit of advice ?

Making movies is not some very organic development. You're at a certain time in your life with twenty thousand reasons to make that decision. At a different time you wouldn't make that same decision. It's where you are in your career, in your life. With The Bonfire of the Vanities (1990) you likely read the book and loved it and wanted to try to adapt a book into a movie. I had made a particular sorrowful movie before, and I wanted to make something that was kind of cynical and sarcastic and not as emotional. There is a whole swirl of emotions that go into that decision. A lot of times you make movies because you don't want to think about what's happening with the movie you just made. You don't want to think about the reviews out there or about how you're going to survive the pummeling that you're getting. That's how I made the decision to make "Of Mice and Men". It may not have been the right decision, but it still feels to me like it was the right decision. Best of luck Brian, and don't forget to apply for your permits at the village hall.
Francis Ford Coppola

Chicago, IL

#6 Apr 1, 2010
Agreed dear John. I suggest an evening at PoleKats to clear our minds...
B Thompson

Chicago, IL

#7 Jun 11, 2010
I believe this upstanding citizen is Chicago Ridge born and raised.....I always told him to invest in a faster car....
RECKLESS DRIVING John Boyle, 43, 13928 Lemont Road, Homer Glen, was charged with reckless driving and fleeing police after he surrendered to police June 3 in connection with a May 21 incident in which he sped away from police in the 13900 block of Southwest Highway, police said.
Linda Lovelace

Akron, OH

#8 Jun 11, 2010
Brian,

I love your films, but a bit more flesh would help at the box office. I haven't worked for a while, and have aged a bit, but still have quite an appetite (wink, wink). Buzz me when you get the chance

Linda
Nicholas Cage

Chicago, IL

#9 Jun 11, 2010
I have been polishing up on my method acting and would really enjoy playing the role of Joe the Bartender in a action\drama film. "Why did the principal fire the cross-eyed teacher?
Because he couldn't control his pupils."
Quentin T

Evergreen Park, IL

#10 Jul 14, 2010
Yep like I was saying, CR would be a great town for a documentary, Especially considering the fest-thing coming soon...
Whorre on Oak

Chicago, IL

#11 Aug 30, 2010
HAPPY

Chicago, IL

#12 Dec 21, 2010
Its HO HO HO TIME IN CHICAGO RIDGE
Jimmy

Chicago, IL

#13 Feb 4, 2011
Is Pol Pot still the Mayor in CR?
Fat B

Chicago, IL

#14 Feb 25, 2011
John Malkovich

United States

#15 Mar 3, 2011
While enjoying an afternoon at my favorite 111th street cafe I was recently asked the question most artists in my profession dread - the one pertaining to whether one has preference of stage acting or film acting.

I shall answer that question this way:
I wish I was allowed to basically be the actor that I am, which is a repertory ensemble individual. That notion that youíre developing the understandings of the work that you do, that you task yourself with a physical demand of moving into a metaphor, so that your character is a creation. To me, that is my finest skill. I basically try to make my body as much a matter of unmolded clay as I can, and in some sense sculpt that to be perfectly appropriate to themes and the metaphors that are in the play at hand. We are moving away from identifying our bodies as our metaphor, as our central metaphor, our vessel of expression. But that is still where I live. I still believe that my fundamental attribute as an artist would be useful in any framework. It doesnít matter ó I donít have to be the star, physically. My greatest offering is my concept. Much the same as my mentors Peter O'Toole and Lawrence Olivier.

So I shall retire this evening to my quarters, open a fine bottle of autumn 1964 Chaise Bordeaux and read soothing passages from the works of Marcus Aurelius. I shall rise late tomorrow and seek comfort at the Grove.
Jimmy O

Evergreen Park, IL

#16 Mar 3, 2011
John Malkovich wrote:
While enjoying an afternoon at my favorite 111th street cafe I was recently asked the question most artists in my profession dread - the one pertaining to whether one has preference of stage acting or film acting.
I shall answer that question this way:
I wish I was allowed to basically be the actor that I am, which is a repertory ensemble individual. That notion that youíre developing the understandings of the work that you do, that you task yourself with a physical demand of moving into a metaphor, so that your character is a creation. To me, that is my finest skill. I basically try to make my body as much a matter of unmolded clay as I can, and in some sense sculpt that to be perfectly appropriate to themes and the metaphors that are in the play at hand. We are moving away from identifying our bodies as our metaphor, as our central metaphor, our vessel of expression. But that is still where I live. I still believe that my fundamental attribute as an artist would be useful in any framework. It doesnít matter ó I donít have to be the star, physically. My greatest offering is my concept. Much the same as my mentors Peter O'Toole and Lawrence Olivier.
So I shall retire this evening to my quarters, open a fine bottle of autumn 1964 Chaise Bordeaux and read soothing passages from the works of Marcus Aurelius. I shall rise late tomorrow and seek comfort at the Grove.
Man I need a thagasaurus to understand this... I think Norman has one, he stole it from the liberry when we were drinking up there last summer. Im going up there tomorrow night too, I neeed acting lessons from this guy, I could be the next Beevis or Dr Zachary Smith
Tommy

Chicago, IL

#18 May 17, 2013
I think CR should have a community theatre program. Id love to play Atticus Finch
Kenny

Chicago, IL

#19 Jun 4, 2013
PKs should win a beautification award for the beautiful work they did in their parkway. Bravo my good Green Thumb, Bravo I say
Andy avalos

Chicago, IL

#20 Jun 12, 2013
CR TAKE COVER A DERECHO IS HEADED YOUR WAY. BATTEN DOWN THE HATCHES AND LOAD UP ON ALCOHOL AND CHIPS.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dixmoor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Accountability .. it's all in the numbers 1 hr office of compliance 9
Village overtime 1 hr Unsilent minority 8
Public Hearing for Water Rate Increase 6 hr The Water Drain 65
BIIP Cost Cutting Ideas 7 hr Concerned 11
BIIP Get to Work 7 hr Very Good 23
Robert Rita takes the oath. Becomes a member of... (Jan '15) 8 hr sinking faster 243
Trumps Hunting Buds 11 hr Trumbull 2

Dixmoor Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dixmoor Mortgages