Metra train hits pedestrian in Tinley Park

A Metra train struck a pedestrian Monday morning at the 80th Avenue Depot in south suburban Tinley Park , officials said. Full Story
First Prev
of 16
Next Last
DIRTYDUTCH

Frankfort, IL

#1 Mar 10, 2008
HE WAS A JUMPER
Guesswho

Aurora, MO

#2 Mar 10, 2008
DIRTYDUTCH wrote:
HE WAS A JUMPER
Are you being sarcastic here?
News Flash

North Bay, Canada

#3 Mar 10, 2008
This story is getting real old. I am sad for the victim but please getting hit by a train ??? This has happen a lot in the last 4 months, I am wondering why the engineers can't keep these trains from chasing these people down the street and running over them, what next people getting ran over by planes.
mike b

Glenview, IL

#4 Mar 10, 2008
I'll bet the person had a cup of coffee in one hand and were talking on their cell phone with the other.
no name

Chicago, IL

#5 Mar 10, 2008
There seems to be an increase of this type of accident happening where trains are hitting pedestrians, is it the trains or is it people who are in a hurry and stepping in front of trains????
uhhhhhhh

Pleasanton, CA

#6 Mar 10, 2008
no name wrote:
There seems to be an increase of this type of accident happening where trains are hitting pedestrians, is it the trains or is it people who are in a hurry and stepping in front of trains????
Seriously, how in the living hell do you think it could be the trains???? This is not like cars where pedestrians have the right of way. Do you have any clue as to how long it takes to stop a train???

Since: Feb 08

Downers Grove, IL

#7 Mar 10, 2008
I think it's time to outlaw trains.
MACKMATT

Springfield, IL

#8 Mar 10, 2008
WHAT IS UP WITH THE METRA HITTING SO MANY PEDESTRIANS LATELY???
keith smedger

Aurora, IL

#9 Mar 10, 2008
I almost think its harder to get hit by a train than it is to not be hit by a train.
just asking

North Aurora, IL

#11 Mar 10, 2008
MACKMATT wrote:
Should'nt the question be "What is up with so many pedestrians walking in front of trains lately ?"
non smoker

United States

#12 Mar 10, 2008
MACKMATT wrote:
Give me a break, the pedestrian needs to watch out for the trains. Everyday people run across the tracks trying to beat the trains. I'm surprised we don't hear about more of this things happening. I feel bad the conductors and all the people that had to witness the accident.
think twice

Tinley Park, IL

#13 Mar 10, 2008
It's the first Monday after the time change, people are getting up an hour earlier, and the poor guy was already taking a very early train. If he was there for the 6:15, that would be 5:15 in last week's time. Think of his sorrowful family before you dismiss this so easily.
no name

Chicago, IL

#14 Mar 10, 2008
uhhhhhhh wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously, how in the living hell do you think it could be the trains???? This is not like cars where pedestrians have the right of way. Do you have any clue as to how long it takes to stop a train???
Give it a rest, I was making a comment not really thinking it was the trains, so seriously why the hell would you make a comment like yours?
Kate

United States

#15 Mar 10, 2008
I take that train every morning. It's crowded... the person might have been tired...while it's easy to judge, it's a tragedy.
Jim

Munster, IN

#16 Mar 10, 2008
It is unbelievable that people are blaming Metra for this
SBB

New York, NY

#17 Mar 10, 2008
think twice wrote:
It's the first Monday after the time change, people are getting up an hour earlier, and the poor guy was already taking a very early train. If he was there for the 6:15, that would be 5:15 in last week's time. Think of his sorrowful family before you dismiss this so easily.
So the time change is to blame?! Unfortunately his family will have to remember how stupid this man was, and what a bad decision he made for the rest of their lives. If he honestly thought he could beat the train, then he got what he deserved.
Hate to Agree

Girard, OH

#18 Mar 10, 2008
There is only one reason that someone would get hit by a train...HE IS AN IDIOT!!!!
Terry

United States

#20 Mar 10, 2008
I was on the train. I heard over a conducter's radio that engineer yelled out the guy jumped in front of the train.
Rock Island Rider

Chicago, IL

#21 Mar 10, 2008
As a daily rider on the Rock at the 80th Avenue stop, there was no way that he did not see the train coming. A plea to my fellow commuters, no job is worth running for a train. If you miss your train that only affects you. This affects your family, the train engineer, your conductors, your fellow passengers and the entire line...Think a bit, won't you, before you make the decision to run for it. Our trains run every 15 minutes in the morning. There is no reason to die. It was a male by-the-way, you could see his arm sticking out from under the track.
keith smedger

Aurora, IL

#22 Mar 10, 2008
think twice wrote:
Yes, let's all blame the daylight savings time change. The goverment should take incidents like this into account when moving daylight savings time. There should be a week where the whole US just shuts down so everyone can incrementally get used to the one hour difference, and so no one gets hit by any trains as a result of it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 16
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dixmoor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Possible Trustees 20 min wow 5
Trustee Gary 21 min wow 5
Remembering Old Time Harvey (Mar '10) 38 min WALTER J KOZIK JR 193
Do you trust Mayor Sharon Rybak to fight for Mi... 1 hr Concerned Citizen 6
Mayor Ryback 1 hr On Target 10
Don't Trust The Trustees Either 3 hr Hood Winked 4
Man fatally shot in Harvey (Oct '12) 3 hr Joker 7
Dixmoor Dating
Find my Match

Dixmoor Jobs