Midlothian, IL

#21 Sep 29, 2013
Good to see you Clinton.

How did the event go off?

Was it crowded?
Embarassed to live here

Midlothian, IL

#22 Sep 29, 2013
What a joke! We got there at 3:45 walked into the fenced off area called "The Taste of Midlothian" Sullivan's taste of beer for $3 a cup, guy selling boxes of tea, Walgreens (OF) table closing up, Kenootz slices (at least it was food), Hardees hand outs of menu, 2 Sisters (2flavors I guess its considered food), SteerHogs 3 items (food) and a "band" with the singer who sounded terrible! REALLY this was it?!! So we walked across the street ate at El Loco Burrito then walked back across the street and went to 2 Sisters. As to why Hog Wild, Bartolini's, and Durbin's were not there? Obvious!! Sullivan's, Kenootz, Steer Hogs are "competitors" of the 3 top places in Midlo!! Hog Wild, Bartolinis, Durbins are too good to even come close to being compared to these others and smart not to want to be in the same parking lot with them. 1st Annual? HA!! OMG this was not only an embarrassment it was terrible, please don't do this again.
bee gees

Tinley Park, IL

#23 Sep 29, 2013
Screw midlo taste bullshit cops want to charge 5 $ to walk in a tent and walk out that will be the 1st and last taste of midlo embarrassed to say I live here after going to that and seeing are cops that run the town..
nottoofastnow

Hammond, IN

#24 Sep 29, 2013
1st Annual means it was the first time they tried it. Sorry if it wasn't up to your expectations. Durbins, Bartolinis and Hog Wild didn't even respond to a request to join in. Why? They think they are just too big to do something like that but you can believe that when Barolinis want to promote their Meatball eating contest, they will be all gung ho midlo. Hog Wild takes advantage of their name and serves cold food anyway.I know for some residents of Midlothian the Sun rises and sets on the Bartolini Brothers and Hog Wild but they aren't the best.
Here we go again

Alsip, IL

#25 Sep 29, 2013
nottoofastnow wrote:
1st Annual means it was the first time they tried it. Sorry if it wasn't up to your expectations. Durbins, Bartolinis and Hog Wild didn't even respond to a request to join in. Why? They think they are just too big to do something like that but you can believe that when Barolinis want to promote their Meatball eating contest, they will be all gung ho midlo. Hog Wild takes advantage of their name and serves cold food anyway.I know for some residents of Midlothian the Sun rises and sets on the Bartolini Brothers and Hog Wild but they aren't the best.
Is this so called "EVENT" sanction by the Village of Midlothian? If so why would they not have it on the land that they just bought on Cicero? Why is Bartolines Durbins and Hog wild not there, it's not because they are "TO BIG" for it, it's because they don't want to deal with the people trying to Promote them selfs using the Village of Midlothian name. It's Sullivans ownership running this thing and wanted to make a name for them selfs on the back of the Village. If you didn't know who this band is that is playing tonite, it's Danny's who is a "manager" at Sullivans, so we have Sullivans running this, a Manager's from sullivans band playing in it and you want to know why certian resturants are not participating!!! The little things you find out when you read TOPIC.
Cheers

Midlothian, IL

#26 Sep 29, 2013
Here we go again wrote:
<quoted text>Is this so called "EVENT" sanction by the Village of Midlothian? If so why would they not have it on the land that they just bought on Cicero? Why is Bartolines Durbins and Hog wild not there, it's not because they are "TO BIG" for it, it's because they don't want to deal with the people trying to Promote them selfs using the Village of Midlothian name. It's Sullivans ownership running this thing and wanted to make a name for them selfs on the back of the Village. If you didn't know who this band is that is playing tonite, it's Danny's who is a "manager" at Sullivans, so we have Sullivans running this, a Manager's from sullivans band playing in it and you want to know why certian resturants are not participating!!! The little things you find out when you read TOPIC.
Was Sharon there drinking?Way to go Sharon?How embarrassing.
whatever

Alsip, IL

#27 Sep 29, 2013
Cheers wrote:
<quoted text>Was Sharon there drinking?Way to go Sharon?How embarrassing.
You're a disgrace. As a matter of fact, no she wasn't there. Get over it Terry. She beat you. Or wait... Maybe you're one of the disgraceful employees that sabotage her every chance you get. Yeah that's more like it. She should just fire all your lame asses...
Agenda

Midlothian, IL

#28 Sep 29, 2013
whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a disgrace. As a matter of fact, no she wasn't there. Get over it Terry. She beat you. Or wait... Maybe you're one of the disgraceful employees that sabotage her every chance you get. Yeah that's more like it. She should just fire all your lame asses...
Is that her agenda just to fire everyone , seems she's on her way.
whatever

Alsip, IL

#29 Sep 30, 2013
Agenda wrote:
<quoted text>Is that her agenda just to fire everyone , seems she's on her way.
Her agenda is to run a village, not run it into the ground like the previous administration. She isn't firing anyone right now. She has cut some hours. It's called budget cuts. Would you rather she just keep putting it all on the backs of the taxpayer? That's what Terry did while he coddled his favorite few. That's exactly why he is not mayor now!
Cover Charge

Chicago, IL

#31 Sep 30, 2013
clinton wrote:
<quoted text>Did any of you see the policeman or cadet charging one young kid five dollars and letting others walk through for free?Was there an actual charge or was it free?clinton
I got there about 6:15 and was told that there was a $5.00 cover to walk in. We did not stick around.
why

Alsip, IL

#32 Sep 30, 2013
would anyone give $5 bucks to the band of 3 known freaks : the sexual harasser (the business owner), a pedophile (the booking agent)& murder (rest. manager)...no wonder no other businesses wanted to join the randy spears fest
Here we go again

Alsip, IL

#33 Sep 30, 2013
why wrote:
would anyone give $5 bucks to the band of 3 known freaks : the sexual harasser (the business owner), a pedophile (the booking agent)& murder (rest. manager)...no wonder no other businesses wanted to join the randy spears fest
AMEN could not have said it better!!!
Knowitall

Chicago, IL

#34 Sep 30, 2013
Were the two spooners who are horney for one another there or did they dump each other?
Midlothian resident

Orland Park, IL

#35 Oct 1, 2013
whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Our new Mayor didn't show up at the first annual taste of Midlothian and you bash Terry? Terry has moved on with his life and every time I read this forum people here are still bashing him. Maybe you should follow his lead.

5yr Midlo Resident

Since: Apr 09

Orland Park, IL

#36 Oct 1, 2013
That's ridiculous charging to walk in, but maybe that was because they had to recoup the cost for the band? Sorry. I was not aware there was going to be one.

I do know it was a little messy because it was the first one, and they needed board approval to do it and didn't ask far enough in advance. I think some businesses that didn't participate probably wanted to see how the first one panned out before they committed, plus the fact that there was very little notice to prepare.

I ended up being too sick to go, but I heard from several people that when it first started not much was setup/running yet so they had to come back.

I think once they get the kinks out this could become a nice annual event. Give them a break though. It was their first attempt.
takin bets

Alsip, IL

#37 Oct 1, 2013
how long do you think those signs will stay up around town?
Halloween
Thanksgiving
or until the next criminal fest?
Crestwood movie goer

Orland Park, IL

#38 Oct 1, 2013
We stopped in after going to the movies. Even at 9:30, they wanted a $ 5 cover. We said thanks but no thanks. We did stop in at CD Vodka, enjoyed a flight. They have expanded their storefront to include the adjoining corner lot, so congratulations to them.
whatever

Loganville, GA

#39 Oct 1, 2013
Midlothian resident wrote:
<quoted text>Our new Mayor didn't show up at the first annual taste of Midlothian and you bash Terry? Terry has moved on with his life and every time I read this forum people here are still bashing him. Maybe you should follow his lead.
No I think I will stick around and keep telling it like it is. Thanks for the suggestion though. Someone said the mayor was there early and nothing was set up when it was supposed to be. She did not go back. Why would she? It wasn't a village event. It was a bar event. They didn't invite all the businesses in town either. She was better off staying completely clear of that fiasco!
livehereforever

Midlothian, IL

#40 Oct 1, 2013
Heck I live 8-9 blocks away and still could hear the music.
Tax payer X

Chicago, IL

#41 Oct 3, 2013
Agenda wrote:
<quoted text>Is that her agenda just to fire everyone , seems she's on her way.
that will be the only thing that will turn this town around.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dixmoor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beware 1 hr lulz 4
Is this Sharon Rybak in this video? 1 hr lulz 10
Terry for Mayor!! (Feb '09) 1 hr lulz 18
Warren Vista (Jan '10) 1 hr lulz 8
Walgreens Gang Shooting (Aug '14) 2 hr El chapo 47
Mayor Vargas deserves No Medal Of Honor for Sta... 4 hr 4th ward 27
Get your free .... 4 hr Get Bent ED 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dixmoor Mortgages