First Prev
of 3
Next Last
No Difference

Orland Park, IL

#41 Jan 18, 2014
Ollie wrote:
real simple- let's talk money. Last chief- over $100,000- Now John Rita-$90,000- plus new Commander Sisk? did he get a raise for this position and if so how much ? Who got promoted to replace Sisk as a Sgt., that involves a raise also, how much ? I thought the reason B.I. had no chief was $$$$? I have no problem with Sisk being promoted, but in all fairness now B.I. has a commander, an administrative Sgt., and a deputy chief, and a director of public safety ? How is this saving money? do the math. It was always a chief and a deputy chief and costed much less in payroll. One of the former chiefs talked frequently and openly of demoting the current deputy chief, if that is still the case, demote him and put sisk in his place. Make John Rita director of snow removal and pothole repair,$10bucks an hour, then we can afford a chief.
Here we go again Promote Sisk who signed a fake name on misdemeanor complaint forms in Crestwood for a guy that grabbed his girlfriends ass at the ice arena bar. Sisk had the guys arrested, Punched the guy in the face after Crestwood had him in custody then KNOWINGLY signed a false name on the form And up the ladder the fake crooked fuckers rise.
Mayor Vargas wake up

Blue Island, IL

#44 Jan 24, 2014
It doesn’t seem that long ago that the Medellin cartel out of Colombia was considered the most fearsome, wealthy and powerful criminal organization in the world.

In August 1989, that cartel murdered the leading presidential candidate in Colombia and declared “total and absolute war” against that nation’s government.

Drug leaders ordered the murders of newspaper owners, reporters, prosecutors, anyone it felt was standing in their way.

Many members of that cartel eventually were hunted down and killed in Colombia, with the aid of the U.S. Delta Force and the CIA. The DEA claimed some credit for specifically targeting senior cartel figures.

The Colombian cartel primarily was in the cocaine business, Ways told me, while the Sinaloa cartel is into other drugs that have become more popular.

“But even in those days, a lot of drug traffic always moved through Mexico on its way up to the U.S.,” Ways explained.

I asked Ways what point he would like me to make in this column for readers. What did he want the public to know?

“This is a business, and every business is about supply and demand,” he said.“We want parents to have serious conversations with their children about the dangers of drugs. I don’t just mean a casual conversation but a serious talk.

“We can’t just focus on the supply side in this war. We have to talk about the demand, and the demand is driven by people in this country who buy drugs.”

Billions of dollars are spent on illegal drugs each year in the U.S. The money involved entices children to get into the sales end of the business so they can buy iPads, Xboxes, athletic shoes and, in some cases, put food on their table at home.

Money paid for illegal drugs supplies street gangs with lots of cash to buy weapons, wage war with rival gangs and buy more drugs for recreational use.

It eventually makes its way to the CEOs of the drug trade, who use all that cash to bribe government officials and construct armies of loyal soldiers who kill thousands of their enemies in the streets of foreign countries.

All of this has been going on for decades. I’ve lost track of how many drug wars we’ve declared and how many times our government leaders have declared victory.

“We’ve got to keep trying,” Ways said.“We can’t give up.”

Yes, but doing the same thing over and over with the same result is said to be the very definition of insanity.

I asked Ways if there was any evidence that the Mexican cartel had operational strongholds in the Southland.

“They are everywhere,” he said.“But I couldn’t point to any specific south suburb and say it has an especially bad problem.”

Afghanistan is considered the leading supplier of most of the world’s heroin. Production of opium there covered about 516,000 acres in 2013, a record for that nation.

Supply and demand thrives in the illegal drug trade, even as our government spends billions of dollars to try to stop it.
Not what you think

Chicago, IL

#46 Jan 24, 2014
Mayor Vargas wake up wrote:
It doesn’t seem that long ago that the Medellin cartel out of Colombia was considered the most fearsome, wealthy and powerful criminal organization in the world.
In August 1989, that cartel murdered the leading presidential candidate in Colombia and declared “total and absolute war” against that nation’s government.
Drug leaders ordered the murders of newspaper owners, reporters, prosecutors, anyone it felt was standing in their way.
Many members of that cartel eventually were hunted down and killed in Colombia, with the aid of the U.S. Delta Force and the CIA. The DEA claimed some credit for specifically targeting senior cartel figures.
The Colombian cartel primarily was in the cocaine business, Ways told me, while the Sinaloa cartel is into other drugs that have become more popular.
“But even in those days, a lot of drug traffic always moved through Mexico on its way up to the U.S.,” Ways explained.
I asked Ways what point he would like me to make in this column for readers. What did he want the public to know?
“This is a business, and every business is about supply and demand,” he said.“We want parents to have serious conversations with their children about the dangers of drugs. I don’t just mean a casual conversation but a serious talk.
“We can’t just focus on the supply side in this war. We have to talk about the demand, and the demand is driven by people in this country who buy drugs.”
Billions of dollars are spent on illegal drugs each year in the U.S. The money involved entices children to get into the sales end of the business so they can buy iPads, Xboxes, athletic shoes and, in some cases, put food on their table at home.
Money paid for illegal drugs supplies street gangs with lots of cash to buy weapons, wage war with rival gangs and buy more drugs for recreational use.
It eventually makes its way to the CEOs of the drug trade, who use all that cash to bribe government officials and construct armies of loyal soldiers who kill thousands of their enemies in the streets of foreign countries.
All of this has been going on for decades. I’ve lost track of how many drug wars we’ve declared and how many times our government leaders have declared victory.
“We’ve got to keep trying,” Ways said.“We can’t give up.”
Yes, but doing the same thing over and over with the same result is said to be the very definition of insanity.
I asked Ways if there was any evidence that the Mexican cartel had operational strongholds in the Southland.
“They are everywhere,” he said.“But I couldn’t point to any specific south suburb and say it has an especially bad problem.”
Afghanistan is considered the leading supplier of most of the world’s heroin. Production of opium there covered about 516,000 acres in 2013, a record for that nation.
Supply and demand thrives in the illegal drug trade, even as our government spends billions of dollars to try to stop it.
The mayor is Invested in maintaining the status quo.
waste of tax dollars

Orland Park, IL

#47 Jan 24, 2014
No Difference wrote:
<quoted text>Here we go again Promote Sisk who signed a fake name on misdemeanor complaint forms in Crestwood for a guy that grabbed his girlfriends ass at the ice arena bar. Sisk had the guys arrested, Punched the guy in the face after Crestwood had him in custody then KNOWINGLY signed a false name on the form And up the ladder the fake crooked fuckers rise.
Another ranking Police officer that works here but lives in Worth, Illinois .
Same goes for his brother Timothy Sisk whom the young kids nicknamed him "TIMMMAYYYY" form South Park
Reality Check

Chicago, IL

#48 Feb 4, 2014
Not Just Any Credential wrote:
<quoted text>
Very Specific Credentials are Required for the job.
Agreed.
Another

Chicago, IL

#50 Jun 6, 2014
http://abc7chicago.com/news/truck-driver-save...

TRUCK DRIVER SAVES OTHER DRIVER AFTER HEAD-ON CRASH IN BLUE ISLAND

BLUE ISLAND, Ill.(WLS)--
A semi-truck driver involved in a head-on crash said he was able to rescue the driver of the other car in south suburban Blue Island.

Police said the two-vehicle crash occurred around midnight near West 129th Street and South Ashland Avenue.Truck driver Ralph Peterson said he was heading home to Riverdale when the car came over a nearby bridge, crossed over into his lane and slammed head on into the big rig head. Peterson said he tried to avoid car but it ended up running right into his fuel tanks. "The driver hit me head on," Peterson said. "I tried to jump out of my vehicle, rush to his vehicle to see if he's okay. He was stuck. I pulled the steering wheel. Tried to help him out. There was diesel fuel everywhere."The truck has a 100-gallon diesel fuel tank. Peterson walked away from the accident. The other driver was not seriously injured, according to police. The driver of the car was taken to the hospital. No word on his condition.The crash was cleared and the road was back open by 5 a.m. Friday.Blue Island Police are investigating the crash. No citations have been issued.
Attorney Mayor Vargas

Blue Island, IL

#51 Jun 27, 2014
Man shot to death in Blue Island

June 26, 2014 10:24PM

A Blue Island resident was shot to death Wednesday in the 2000 block of Union Street, authorities said.

Terry McNeal, 29, was pronounced dead at 11 a.m. at Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn, according to the Cook County medical examiner’s office.

It said an autopsy Thursday determined that McNeal, of the 13000 block of Wood Street, died of multiple gunshot wounds and his death was ruled a homicide.

Blue Island police did not respond Thursday to a call for details on the killing.
Bob Rita

Alsip, IL

#52 Jun 27, 2014
Hey, that is where i live.

“2nd Time Trying Topix Account”

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#53 Jun 27, 2014
I am becoming more and more sold on the idea of voting for Police Chief, but as I am constantly reminded of the Legacy Leaders still throughout the southwest suburbs. They are kept in office somehow. What's to say voting would change that by adding another job title to the ballot?

Thoughts?(Even though this thread actually had nothing to do with Blue Island when it was started)
Mary

Blue Island, IL

#56 Jul 5, 2014
"Mary Had A Little Lamb (Nursery Rhyme)"

Mary had a little lamb,
Its fleece was white as snow;
And everywhere that Mary went,
The lamb was sure to go.

He followed her to school one day,
Which was against the rule;
It made the children laugh and play
To see a lamb at school.

And so the teacher turned him out,
But still he lingered near,
And waited patiently about
Till Mary did appear.

"What makes the lamb love Mary so?"
The eager children cried.
"Oh, Mary loves the lamb, you know,"
The teacher then replied.

“2nd Time Trying Topix Account”

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#59 Jul 10, 2014
I'm confused.

Who is who in your comment?

Is the job title of Police Chief the lamb or are you inferring we are all meek?

Are you suggesting conflict with love and the loyalty that comes with such an attachment being present in a Police Chief or the citizen?
We need something

United States

#60 Jul 18, 2014
I am so sick of looking at the Legacy 2 Construction sign on Wireton rd. and 127th. They are illegally placed and have been there for 2 weeks now. It is also ridiculous that you can't walk up the hill on Vermont near Maple ave without getting lashed by tree branches. While your advocating for a Police Chief get us a real Building Commissioner too

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dixmoor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Welcome to Blight Island!!! 2 hr Credible 174
Let's talk about the condition of our city stre... 2 hr A disenchanted re... 29
Blue Island Water (Oct '14) 2 hr Fools 38
City Council Two Minutes Limit Designed to Disc... 5 hr May 26th Council ... 73
what happen to all the outrage 6 hr Ridge Resident 10
Olympia Fields Today (Jun '13) 7 hr Dave Antonetti 14
Give Governor Rauner a chance 9 hr Illinois needs le... 3
More from around the web

Dixmoor People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE