please fix the roads

Since: Mar 13

Midlothian, IL

#1 Apr 9, 2014
most troubling are by the train tracks and metra station on vermont ,also near the hospital,and on maple near access to care clinic as well,,,,
Taxpayer

United States

#2 Apr 10, 2014
BI east side wrote:
most troubling are by the train tracks and metra station on vermont ,also near the hospital,and on maple near access to care clinic as well,,,,
Anything within 10 ft. of the tracks are the responsibility of the Railroad. BI has no jurisdiction on that. The streets around the hospital and on Maple are the towns...ask your Alderman to deal with this problem instead of coming here and mewing like a kicked kitten.
We believe

Blue Island, IL

#3 Apr 10, 2014
Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text> Anything within 10 ft. of the tracks are the responsibility of the Railroad. BI has no jurisdiction on that. The streets around the hospital and on Maple are the towns...ask your Alderman to deal with this problem instead of coming here and mewing like a kicked kitten.
Obviously, you are a BIIP supporter. Stop trolling Topix. Everyone knows this website gets more done and exposes more about your lackey Administration than you care to admit. Otherwise, you wouldn't defend the deplorable condition if the streets.
Resident

United States

#4 Apr 10, 2014
Gets things done as a department head I would look here for things that need my attention. Ok this is a place losers go and complain if streets are bad take pictures go and talk to someone that's how things get fixed not posting here

Midlothian, IL

#6 Apr 12, 2014
We believe wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously, you are a BIIP supporter. Stop trolling Topix. Everyone knows this website gets more done and exposes more about your lackey Administration than you care to admit. Otherwise, you wouldn't defend the deplorable condition if the streets.
thanks for standing up for me, i guess its someones problem in this town.....everyones so defensive .my alderman said there isnt any money to fix the bridges or roads......um donations anyone ?
Sorry to say

Blue Island, IL

#7 Apr 12, 2014
Since Blue Island doesn't have money, well that's start cutting on personnel and city council. A 20% cut in all departments and the city council to one per ward. Do we really two? Blue Island administration make those cuts!
There is None

Maywood, IL

#8 Apr 12, 2014
Sorry to say wrote:
Since Blue Island doesn't have money, well that's start cutting on personnel and city council. A 20% cut in all departments and the city council to one per ward. Do we really two? Blue Island administration make those cuts!
And there won't be any money until the current administration is voted out. Until they are voted out look forward to higher taxes, no services, and roads will neverbe fixed. There are too many family members on the weekly payroll.
Action needed

Midlothian, IL

#9 Apr 12, 2014
BI east side wrote:
<quoted text>
thanks for standing up for me, i guess its someones problem in this town.....everyones so defensive .my alderman said there isnt any money to fix the bridges or roads......um donations anyone ?
On March 1st I paid 55% of my property tax bill along with all the other property owners, does this not afford us decent roads to drive down without destroying our cars? Chicago will help reimburse victims of pot holes with documented proof, maybe we should demand the same, maybe then we would see some repaired roads. As for the potholes the city attempted to fill, they are already unfilled again and I am starting to believe the city workers didn't know what they where doing.

Midlothian, IL

#10 Apr 13, 2014
Action needed wrote:
<quoted text>
On March 1st I paid 55% of my property tax bill along with all the other property owners, does this not afford us decent roads to drive down without destroying our cars? Chicago will help reimburse victims of pot holes with documented proof, maybe we should demand the same, maybe then we would see some repaired roads. As for the potholes the city attempted to fill, they are already unfilled again and I am starting to believe the city workers didn't know what they where doing.
yes im a property owner not a renter...idk where all the taxes are going ....

Midlothian, IL

#11 Apr 13, 2014
Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text> Anything within 10 ft. of the tracks are the responsibility of the Railroad. BI has no jurisdiction on that. The streets around the hospital and on Maple are the towns...ask your Alderman to deal with this problem instead of coming here and mewing like a kicked kitten.
mewing like a kicked kitten ??? o my........nice
Action needed

Midlothian, IL

#12 Apr 13, 2014
BI east side wrote:
<quoted text>
yes im a property owner not a renter...idk where all the taxes are going ....
Even citizens who rent, pay their landlords who in turn pay the property taxes and also deserve decent roads. The city is letting down everyone.
Embarrassing

Blue Island, IL

#13 Apr 13, 2014
Look at your tax bills. The city isn't the hugest one. It's 218 and 130
Sandord Son

Chicago, IL

#14 Apr 13, 2014
On Saturday morning our by the book mayor had his pristine truck up on jack stands at his luxury condo.
Vargas looked rather dapper in his one piece jumpsuit as he stood there as an alley mechanic with antifreeze coolant spilling all over the walks and roadway. He violates local , state & epa laws openly. Anyone else would have been fined for repairs on a vehicle . Vargas you are a class a stroke.
Submit Documentation

Maywood, IL

#15 Apr 13, 2014
Action needed wrote:
<quoted text>
Even citizens who rent, pay their landlords who in turn pay the property taxes and also deserve decent roads. The city is letting down everyone.
Taxpayers and the public are at risk.
Submit all proper documentation for pothole damage claims to the Clerk's office at Blue Island City Hall.
don t be surprised

Blue Island, IL

#16 Apr 13, 2014
Sandord Son wrote:
On Saturday morning our by the book mayor had his pristine truck up on jack stands at his luxury condo.
Vargas looked rather dapper in his one piece jumpsuit as he stood there as an alley mechanic with antifreeze coolant spilling all over the walks and roadway. He violates local , state & epa laws openly. Anyone else would have been fined for repairs on a vehicle . Vargas you are a class a stroke.
Ahh, come on now, be nice. What is it that you don.t seem to understand? Are we finally waking up?

Midlothian, IL

#17 Apr 14, 2014
Action needed wrote:
<quoted text>
what about all the stickers we just bought ? doesnt BI see any of that ?
Peeling

Maywood, IL

#18 Apr 14, 2014
BI east side wrote:
<quoted text>
what about all the stickers we just bought ? doesnt BI see any of that ?
Awh be nice, Blue Island Stickers peeling off of windshields will make them easier to remove in a couple of months.

Midlothian, IL

#19 Apr 15, 2014
thanks for the all the feedback on my post forum -east side

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dixmoor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 1 dead, 6 wounded in city shootings 1 hr bozo 1
No Confidence in the BI Independent Party 1 hr Clean Up 31
Ridgefest and traffic fines 3 hr Bernie 1
News Arrest Warrants: Wanted in Tinley Park (Feb '12) 7 hr jojo 4
Main bangers in blue island (Dec '11) 8 hr Intelligent 39
Mayor Domingo Vargas Contrite at July 12, 2016 ... 15 hr Impressive 70
flooding reported in the 7th (Dec '15) 15 hr We Go High 33

Dixmoor Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance