First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Frank

Midlothian, IL

#1 May 23, 2013
I've been trying to hang on for years, but this is the last straw.

http://i.imgur.com/Vprjh98.jpg

Notice anything odd about that picture?
trumbull

San Jose, CA

#2 May 23, 2013
He usually sleeps in the park.
whosthat

Chicago, IL

#3 May 23, 2013
Uh, Terry Stephens sleeping on a bench since he lost the election?
SloppyPants

Naperville, IL

#4 May 23, 2013
Homeless or not he is a fixture in our community. It would be great if someone would offer the man a job and some clean clothes. Maybe he will help himself if someone gives him a jump start.
details please

Midlothian, IL

#5 May 23, 2013
who is this person on the bench?
trumbull

Midlothian, IL

#6 May 23, 2013
Don't know his name, seen him at Sentry, memorial park, launumat on Turner, and drinking with people 145th & Homan. I never seen him bother anybody or ask for money.
josie

Evergreen Park, IL

#7 May 23, 2013
Frank wrote:
I've been trying to hang on for years, but this is the last straw.
http://i.imgur.com/Vprjh98.jpg
Notice anything odd about that picture?
yea, that ur an idiot who needs to get over the fact that there are homeless people out there who need to sleep too.
Frank

Midlothian, IL

#8 May 24, 2013
josie wrote:
<quoted text>
yea, that ur an idiot who needs to get over the fact that there are homeless people out there who need to sleep too.
That's great that you don't mind living in a town where this sort of thing is okay. I'm actually envious of your good nature. I'm just not okay with it. I wish this was one of those towns that doesn't have homeless people sleeping on benches. You can call me names if that makes you feel better though. I'm cool with that.
Wow

Hammond, IN

#9 May 24, 2013
How incredibly judgemental of you Frank. Hopefully one day you won't be in that man's position, you act as if he WANTS to be there. Now there's special cities for the homeless? I seems as though Blue Island would be better off without you, good riddance.
Frank

Midlothian, IL

#10 May 24, 2013
Wow wrote:
How incredibly judgemental of you Frank. Hopefully one day you won't be in that man's position, you act as if he WANTS to be there. Now there's special cities for the homeless? I seems as though Blue Island would be better off without you, good riddance.
I don't see it as judgmental at all. I'm not judging that man. I don't know his struggle. Also, I never said anything indicating that I believed he wanted to be homeless. I just wish I didn't have to see him sleeping on a public bench in my town. Do you believe because I'm not showering him with money and letting him sleep in my house that I'm not a good person? Did you take him in to get him off the street? Would you?

I'm just being honest. Don't you want to live in a nice town devoid of property value albatrosses? If you were given a choice that said "homeless folk sleeping around near where you live: yes or no", what would your vote be?

Everyone on this site complains about how the town desperately needs improvement, but it's some kind of faux pas to mention that I'd prefer not to have to walk past sleeping vagrants in my own town? I can't figure you people out.
wow

United States

#11 May 24, 2013
Never seen him asking for money, like the rest of them do,
Alsip Love

Schaumburg, IL

#12 May 24, 2013
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see it as judgmental at all. I'm not judging that man. I don't know his struggle. Also, I never said anything indicating that I believed he wanted to be homeless. I just wish I didn't have to see him sleeping on a public bench in my town. Do you believe because I'm not showering him with money and letting him sleep in my house that I'm not a good person? Did you take him in to get him off the street? Would you?
I'm just being honest. Don't you want to live in a nice town devoid of property value albatrosses? If you were given a choice that said "homeless folk sleeping around near where you live: yes or no", what would your vote be?
Everyone on this site complains about how the town desperately needs improvement, but it's some kind of faux pas to mention that I'd prefer not to have to walk past sleeping vagrants in my own town? I can't figure you people out.
Well Frank.... Who the fuŠk are you??? Do you wear a monocle and carry a gold cane? You live G D mother Effing Blue Island!!!!!! Did you honestly think you could live your life day in and day out without crossing paths with those less fortunate than yourself. Sitting on your high fuŠking horse like your above poverty and mental illness and all other issues that plague society nationwide. So judgmental, as if the poor man sleeping on the bench has no soul and is worthless and your sooo above even having veiw his plight. Your an honest to God P.O.S . ass#ole. Go ahead and move ... out of Cook County preferably. Im not even from Blue Island yet I am completely disgusted with your arrogant dismissive attitude towards the poor and homeless... If the man on that bench was a Vietnam veteran with PTSD (which he very well may be) would you have a little more compassion??? But your such an asshole you and would never concider finding out... you would rather dismiss him as a vagrant or undesirable. ROT IN HELL FRANK!!!!
Alsip Love

Schaumburg, IL

#13 May 24, 2013
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see it as judgmental at all. I'm not judging that man. I don't know his struggle. Also, I never said anything indicating that I believed he wanted to be homeless. I just wish I didn't have to see him sleeping on a public bench in my town. Do you believe because I'm not showering him with money and letting him sleep in my house that I'm not a good person? Did you take him in to get him off the street? Would you?
I'm just being honest. Don't you want to live in a nice town devoid of property value albatrosses? If you were given a choice that said "homeless folk sleeping around near where you live: yes or no", what would your vote be?
Everyone on this site complains about how the town desperately needs improvement, but it's some kind of faux pas to mention that I'd prefer not to have to walk past sleeping vagrants in my own town? I can't figure you people out.
By the way ... In my opinion, people with your black heart and closed mind are the true undesirables. I can tell by your postings you have some level of intelligence, yet you have absolutely no compassion for the homeless, you put all people with no where to go immediately into the category of undesirable. Wake up dude, seek God in any form of Religion you follow and try to ask yourself everyday if theres something you can do to help instead of judging. It could be something as little as walking up to the man you so eagerly took pictures of and offering him a peice bread, maybe even an old coat you never wear. Its so easy to judge, yet you will find that it is even easier to help no matter what your contribution.
Alsip Love

Schaumburg, IL

#15 May 24, 2013
winterpeaches wrote:
I will drive thatan next time I see him to alsip - can you I'm your address so you can give him all the compassion you want - understand there are homeless people out there, but the need to go to a church or something to sleep where it is warmer and safer for them
Lay off the booze winterpeaches, someone might mistake you for an undesirable. Nice intelligent and articulated reply. Your just about worse than the 1st poster.
details please

Midlothian, IL

#16 May 24, 2013
oh go away angry alsip looooser
Alsip Love

New Lenox, IL

#17 May 24, 2013
details please wrote:
oh go away angry alsip looooser
LOL LOL LOL, your serious? "Go away Alsip loser" you "details please" frank, and winterpeaches are some ignorant disgusting people... very very sick poor excuses for human beings.

Since: May 13

Las Pińas City, Philippines

#18 May 24, 2013
@Alsip Love

Easy easy... Your not hot tempered as I thought dont you??
Just saying

Midlothian, IL

#19 May 24, 2013
Go to 145 th Kilbourne and get some of your tax dollars back. Drink for free!!!! Plenty of beer and drugs there!!!!! They live off the government.
Alsip Love

Romeoville, IL

#20 May 24, 2013
Jecko wrote:
@Alsip Love
Easy easy... Your not hot tempered as I thought dont you??
Jecko, no not hot tempered. Empathetic and passionate / compassionate. Again I refer to winterpeaches and ask you to lay off the booze , until your able to form proper sentences. How can i debate this local homeless situation, when the people who reply are either obviously trashed, or have a learning disability. How dare any of you posters immediately judge a man sleeping on a bench without HIS personal story. If this man is a true undesirable it is only a matter of time before he becomes transparent and gets himself locked up for his crimes..... and if he is only a man down on his luck and needs a little motivation then all he needs is a tiny spark, as far as everyone says he bothers no one and does not beg. When you scums awake from your drunken stupor in the A.M. try to reflect on your own lives, and ask yourselves if there was ANYTHING you could have done to help this man, no matter how small the gesture. Im a 29 year old man and although I dont have the world figured out yet and am not financialy stable, I do go out of my way to help another man in need (no matter race, religion, or creed) HOW CAN YOU ASSHOLES BE SO COLD????? You want to live in a nice safe community???? Lend a fuŠking helping hand to those in need! Can i personally afford to hand out a water bottle or loose change to those in need??? FUŠk No!! But i do it anyway cause its the right thing to do.
Needs

Midlothian, IL

#21 May 25, 2013
Alsip Love wrote:
<quoted text>
Jecko, no not hot tempered. Empathetic and passionate / compassionate. Again I refer to winterpeaches and ask you to lay off the booze , until your able to form proper sentences. How can i debate this local homeless situation, when the people who reply are either obviously trashed, or have a learning disability. How dare any of you posters immediately judge a man sleeping on a bench without HIS personal story. If this man is a true undesirable it is only a matter of time before he becomes transparent and gets himself locked up for his crimes..... and if he is only a man down on his luck and needs a little motivation then all he needs is a tiny spark, as far as everyone says he bothers no one and does not beg. When you scums awake from your drunken stupor in the A.M. try to reflect on your own lives, and ask yourselves if there was ANYTHING you could have done to help this man, no matter how small the gesture. Im a 29 year old man and although I dont have the world figured out yet and am not financialy stable, I do go out of my way to help another man in need (no matter race, religion, or creed) HOW CAN YOU ASSHOLES BE SO COLD????? You want to live in a nice safe community???? Lend a fuŠking helping hand to those in need! Can i personally afford to hand out a water bottle or loose change to those in need??? FUŠk No!! But i do it anyway cause its the right thing to do.
I grew up with a Father who would help anyone on the side of the rode or anyone down on there luck .I grew up with the story of Jesus on the side of the rode who no one would help because of his attire.But times have changed sadly now you just can't take the chance we all want to help the needy but bad people have made it a difficult decision to help one on the rode .This particular man isn't a problem he is a visual to us all , but the homeless man who just raped that elderly woman in Orland was around and seemed harmless for years .It seems a lot of times these homeless unfortunate people are people who are in need of psychiatric care and though he is a reminder of how fragile life is he should be allowed the luxury of some kind of care for the good of him and us.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dixmoor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
City Attorney ShawnTe Raines has No Municipal A... (Jan '14) 1 hr Whose Watching 230
Are we trying to hide a shady past Arty? 6 hr Toth hunter 6
Everyone is replaceable (Oct '14) 11 hr Bedhead 6
Red Light Enforcement Program (Sep '10) 11 hr Crooks 40
Val Desperate for Attention 13 hr Gotta Respond 9
Alderman Absent From Council Meetings (Sep '16) 18 hr CASA 139
Rita-Vargas Patronage Island 22 hr Great Success 164

Dixmoor Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dixmoor Mortgages