BI raises city sticker to $50!
Profiteering

Maywood, IL

#23 Jun 4, 2014
Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh, but this is what they do. Raise taxes, increase fees and show a meager increase in the city's revenue. Then they will talk about how financially savvy that they are. When in reality, we the residents are paying for their profit. Come on Blue Islanders, surely you are not that naive to see what the BIIP is doing to you.
The BIIP; are The Adversity Blue Island faces.
Organize for candidates and Real Solutions for a Better Blue Island.
2014 sticker

Orland Park, IL

#24 Jun 4, 2014
What logo this year?
I know it reads Sponsored by Robert Rita like every other event in the area
Clark Oil

Orland Park, IL

#25 Jun 4, 2014
"Spend It In Blue Island"
Hillarious

Maywood, IL

#26 Jun 4, 2014
2014 sticker wrote:
What logo this year?
I know it reads Sponsored by Robert Rita like every other event in the area
Yellow tape and caution.
Unannounced

Maywood, IL

#27 Jun 5, 2014
Sometimes the authorities swoop in so quickly persons fail to read signs correctly and discover themselves caught-up faster than they ever thought.
oxymoron

Blue Island, IL

#28 Jun 5, 2014
Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh, but this is what they do. Raise taxes, increase fees and show a meager increase in the city's revenue. Then they will talk about how financially savvy that they are. When in reality, we the residents are paying for their profit. Come on Blue Islanders, surely you are not that naive to see what the BIIP is doing to you.
The BIIP; are The Adversity Blue Island faces.
Organize for candidates and Real Solutions for a Better Blue Island.

The so called Blue Island Independent Party {BIIP}is a oxymoron. There is nothing independent about them. They lie to us. Independent Party? Independent of what, whom? This is a continuation of the Peloquin/Frasor Progressive party. The same old tactics, that bring no improvements, no results.
Spot Light

Maywood, IL

#29 Jun 5, 2014
oxymoron wrote:
Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh, but this is what they do. Raise taxes, increase fees and show a meager increase in the city's revenue. Then they will talk about how financially savvy that they are. When in reality, we the residents are paying for their profit. Come on Blue Islanders, surely you are not that naive to see what the BIIP is doing to you.
The BIIP; are The Adversity Blue Island faces.
Organize for candidates and Real Solutions for a Better Blue Island.
The so called Blue Island Independent Party {BIIP}is a oxymoron. There is nothing independent about them. They lie to us. Independent Party? Independent of what, whom? This is a continuation of the Peloquin/Frasor Progressive party. The same old tactics, that bring no improvements, no results.
They should all be "Wrapped in Yellow Caution Tape".

Since: Jul 14

Location hidden

#31 Jul 3, 2014
Abcdefg wrote:
Don't like it, move over to the city of Chicago
Really? We pay taxes here...we have a right to bitch. BTW, Chicago city stickers this year are $85 for cars and frankly that's not much more money than this sticker now. This city sticker price was one of the few good things about Blue Island. In addition, if I had the money to move to Chicago I sure as hell would!

Since: Jul 14

Location hidden

#32 Jul 3, 2014
Clark Oil wrote:
"Spend It In Blue Island"
We do. That's a joke...there are no longer good stores here! Besides who has money to spend after we pay for overpriced city stickers and taxes?!

Since: Jul 14

Location hidden

#33 Jul 3, 2014
Janet wrote:
What are you crying about? You deserve the government you get! You probably stayed away and did not vote. There is more to come.
I personally vote and I sure as hell didn't vote for these crooks.
Bulldog on Main Street

Blue Island, IL

#34 Jul 3, 2014
BlueIslandsucks wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? We pay taxes here...we have a right to bitch. BTW, Chicago city stickers this year are $85 for cars and frankly that's not much more money than this sticker now. This city sticker price was one of the few good things about Blue Island. In addition, if I had the money to move to Chicago I sure as hell would!
See ya. Promise we won't miss you

Since: Jul 14

Location hidden

#35 Jul 3, 2014
ron wrote:
That's not a bad deal. Look at all u get in return. U get what u pay for. I'd be more than willing to pay $51.50 any day
You're being facetious right? If we based the fee based on what we actually get we'd be buying our stickers at the Dollar Tree.

Since: Jul 14

Location hidden

#36 Jul 3, 2014
Bulldog on Main Street wrote:
<quoted text>
See ya. Promise we won't miss you
What a dick you are! Do you work for the city perhaps?! I've lived here for 40 years and you sure would miss me because I pay my water bills, and tax bills and every other freaking fee Blue Island has. It's people like you that ruin this world.
Yep

Blue Island, IL

#37 Jul 4, 2014
BlueIslandsucks wrote:
<quoted text>
What a dick you are! Do you work for the city perhaps?! I've lived here for 40 years and you sure would miss me because I pay my water bills, and tax bills and every other freaking fee Blue Island has. It's people like you that ruin this world.
Dude, you are so right! These idiots are just using the increased sticker fees to pay for some more buddies being hired by the city.
Violations A Plenty

Maywood, IL

#38 Jul 4, 2014
Chuck wrote:
Just learned that city stickers are now going to cost $50... A $20 increase! Anyone know how many cars are règistered ? Let's say ... Conservatively 10,000 .... That's a $200,000. Tax increase!! And ... Inquiring minds want to know ... Where will that money go? Improved roads? Another socialist democrat tax and spend move by this administration. Folks .... We were duped by the BLue Island Independent Party!!
http://www.bettergov.org/youre_under_arrest/

http://www.bettergov.org/watchdog_training/op...
Abolish Calumet Twsp

Blue Island, IL

#39 Jul 5, 2014
Violations A Plenty wrote:
The above link that citizens want to arrest the elected. The Calumet Township headed by State Rep 28th, Township Supervisor, inline for four tax funded pensions, and oh yes Fred Bilotto. Refuse to allow the residents to speak at the annual town hall meeting, refuse to answer questions at meetings, show disrespect to voters.
Definitely

Maywood, IL

#40 Jul 5, 2014
Bull dog on main street

Orland Park, IL

#41 Jul 5, 2014
The city has to bank with Beverly Bank and Trust due to its credit rating Blue Island banks have turned them down for any type of loan. SAD SAD SAD... "SPEND IT IN BLUE ISLAND"
Gone Baby Gone

Maywood, IL

#42 Jul 5, 2014
Bull dog on main street wrote:
The city has to bank with Beverly Bank and Trust due to its credit rating Blue Island banks have turned them down for any type of loan. SAD SAD SAD... "SPEND IT IN BLUE ISLAND"
Spent; and All Gone..........with No Thing Nothing to show for any of it!
They Call It

Maywood, IL

#43 Jul 7, 2014
Gone Baby Gone wrote:
<quoted text>
Spent; and All Gone..........with No Thing Nothing to show for any of it!
The Running of the Bull!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dixmoor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local Politics Do you approve of Robert Rita as State Represen... (Mar '12) 15 min Hold Bob Accountsble 18
Robert Rita takes the oath. Becomes a member of... (Jan '15) 5 hr Carmine 340
Lasalle king the new police chief in blue island 7 hr Taxpayer 28
Ives for Governor 8 hr ground troops 3
Nite Games in Oak Forest 9 hr Annie 3
Channel 4 City Council Meetings 14 hr Advisory 149
Public Safety Director Position is Open for A... 15 hr Change Bl and IL 227

Dixmoor Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dixmoor Mortgages