4th of July flags
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
resident

Chicago, IL

#1 Jul 5, 2014
Mr Moody, today is July 5th and no flags in the yards of C. R. residents. Over the years I have looked foreword to seeing the flags in my yard and the posters for my window. I for one miss them, and hope we get them next year, it was always a nice touch for the holiday.
Agree

Oak Lawn, IL

#2 Jul 8, 2014
resident wrote:
Mr Moody, today is July 5th and no flags in the yards of C. R. residents. Over the years I have looked foreword to seeing the flags in my yard and the posters for my window. I for one miss them, and hope we get them next year, it was always a nice touch for the holiday.
yes, I agree. I didn't see any yard flags this year. Saw them on the front lawns in Worth. Mr Moody what about your own neighbors maybe we'll get them next hear.
Gosh Golly Gee

Chicago, IL

#3 Jul 18, 2014
Now I know why Ed Moody didn't put up flags for July 4th. Its because today he put up custom made flags to commemorate Chicago Ridge 100 year anniversary. I loved the window posters and the fact they thanked the great village employees.
Proud Ridge Rat

Oak Lawn, IL

#4 Jul 20, 2014
You are GREEDY! If I was Ed Moody I would NOT put anything on your lawn! How can one post such callous greed?you both sound stupid!
Agree wrote:
<quoted text>yes, I agree. I didn't see any yard flags this year. Saw them on the front lawns in Worth. Mr Moody what about your own neighbors maybe we'll get them next hear.
RidgeDog

Tinley Park, IL

#5 Jul 21, 2014
Gee - Moody completely forgot about the entire multi-family area of the Ridge (AGAIN)...yes, Ed, there are many homeowners in this area that do vote.
Proud resident

Tinley Park, IL

#6 Jul 21, 2014
RidgeDog wrote:
Gee - Moody completely forgot about the entire multi-family area of the Ridge (AGAIN)...yes, Ed, there are many homeowners in this area that do vote.
Gee? Gee? What are you? A little 12yr old school kid?
First of all many of us like to call him Ed or Mr. Moody out of respect. How do you know he completely forgot about the multi-family area? He pays for the flags and window signs himself then has close friends and family help him pass them out. Do you even bother to offer to help him in your area?
I am trying to find a way to contribute to this great custom started by a truly concerned person.
You should be ashamed of yourself Dog. Go bark up some other tree.
RidgeDog

Tinley Park, IL

#7 Jul 21, 2014
Proud resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee? Gee? What are you? A little 12yr old school kid?
First of all many of us like to call him Ed or Mr. Moody out of respect. How do you know he completely forgot about the multi-family area? He pays for the flags and window signs himself then has close friends and family help him pass them out. Do you even bother to offer to help him in your area?
I am trying to find a way to contribute to this great custom started by a truly concerned person.
You should be ashamed of yourself Dog. Go bark up some other tree.
How do I know that "Mr. Moody" forgot about the multi-family area? Because I own a condo in that neighborhood...and because there are NO flags (and never have been) in my area. I drive around the village when running errands, and have seen that EVERY single-family neighborhood has flags.

I would be happy to offer my assistance when the flags are distributed - however, since we have never received any flags, the existence of this program was never known about in our area. Now that we know, perhaps we can see that the program is offered to our area.

As far as Mr. Moody paying for the program - you act as if he's having some great weight and responsibility put upon him. He chooses to offer this program (which, I'm sure, is appreciated). However, to forego one neighborhood seems a bit disrespectful.

Whether a condo owner or apartment building owner, we pay our fair share of taxes to the various bodies, including the Cook County highway department. In fact, my condominium building alone paid more than $43,000 in taxes for 2013.

Finally - it is YOU that should be ashamed of yourself for not bothering to check the facts ("how do you know that he forgot the multi-family area?" before unleashing your hate.
ILikeEd

Chicago, IL

#8 Jul 21, 2014
RidgeDog wrote:
<quoted text>
How do I know that "Mr. Moody" forgot about the multi-family area? Because I own a condo in that neighborhood...and because there are NO flags (and never have been) in my area. I drive around the village when running errands, and have seen that EVERY single-family neighborhood has flags.
I would be happy to offer my assistance when the flags are distributed - however, since we have never received any flags, the existence of this program was never known about in our area. Now that we know, perhaps we can see that the program is offered to our area.
As far as Mr. Moody paying for the program - you act as if he's having some great weight and responsibility put upon him. He chooses to offer this program (which, I'm sure, is appreciated). However, to forego one neighborhood seems a bit disrespectful.
Whether a condo owner or apartment building owner, we pay our fair share of taxes to the various bodies, including the Cook County highway department. In fact, my condominium building alone paid more than $43,000 in taxes for 2013.
Finally - it is YOU that should be ashamed of yourself for not bothering to check the facts ("how do you know that he forgot the multi-family area?" before unleashing your hate.
Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill. We have a guy who gives a freebie to lots of people and you call it disrespect? Why? Do you send Christmas or other holiday cards to everybody in town or just a few of us? Or do you even care about Chicago Ridge? Contact Ed directly.
Dog catcher

Tinley Park, IL

#9 Jul 21, 2014
RidgeDog wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey doggie doo. You need to check in to Pawsitively Heaven at 10051 Kitty Ave, Chicago Ridge, IL. Maybe they can show you how to behave. Now go fetch another fat burger, arf.
Ridge Rat forever

Tinley Park, IL

#10 Jul 21, 2014
RidgeDog wrote:
<quoted text>
Trying to figure out if you're a poodle dog or a shitzu dog, Did I spell that right? Go buy a home, pay real taxes and do real lawn work then come and talk with us. The good thing is you can furtilize it yourself doggie doo.
If you live around 99th and Harlem you have twice as many kids in that area than we have in the whole village. WE have to pic up the tab for their welfare.
And Ridge dog, stop sniffing butts please.
anonnymus

Oak Lawn, IL

#11 Jul 21, 2014
RidgeDog wrote:
<quoted text>
Finally - it is YOU that should be ashamed of yourself for not bothering to check the facts ("how do you know that he forgot the multi-family area?" before unleashing your hat
What do you give out of your own pocket for free if the man wants to skip a area that's his choice not his why put one flag in front of a multiple unit you would still be complaining it wasn't yours get a life and grow up
RidgeDog

Tinley Park, IL

#12 Jul 21, 2014
anonnymus wrote:
<quoted text>What do you give out of your own pocket for free if the man wants to skip a area that's his choice not his why put one flag in front of a multiple unit you would still be complaining it wasn't yours get a life and grow up
I think you meant to say:

What do you give out of your own pocket for free? If the man wants to skip a(n) area, that's his choice. Why put one flag in front of a multiple unit - you would still be complaining if it wasn't yours. Get a life and grow up.

What am I giving? Proofreading and editing, in this case...
RidgeDog

Tinley Park, IL

#13 Jul 21, 2014
Ridge Rat forever wrote:
<quoted text>
Trying to figure out if you're a poodle dog or a shitzu dog, Did I spell that right? Go buy a home, pay real taxes and do real lawn work then come and talk with us. The good thing is you can furtilize it yourself doggie doo.
If you live around 99th and Harlem you have twice as many kids in that area than we have in the whole village. WE have to pic up the tab for their welfare.
And Ridge dog, stop sniffing butts please.
First off - I do own a home. The fact that I choose to own a condominium - and pay someone else to do the lawn work - is irrelevant to the conversation.

Second - I DO pay real taxes. In fact, as I've said, the homeowners in my building alone paid more than $43,000 in 2013.

Third - show me the facts on the "welfare" that the kids in my area - as opposed to anywhere else - are receiving..and tell me how, if there is indeed welfare being received, you pay any more than I (as a homeowner) do.

Finally - the dog breed you referred to is spelled "shih tzu".
Volunteer

Garden City, MI

#14 Jul 21, 2014
I have helped Ed put up the flags every year and know first hand why he doesn't put up the flags outside the apartments and condos. He did one year and as soon as we would finish an area the flags would disappear. On a couple occasion condo association member would say that it was prohibited. One owner of an apartment building yelled at one of our volunteers to remove the flag.
RidgeDog

Tinley Park, IL

#15 Jul 21, 2014
Volunteer wrote:
I have helped Ed put up the flags every year and know first hand why he doesn't put up the flags outside the apartments and condos. He did one year and as soon as we would finish an area the flags would disappear. On a couple occasion condo association member would say that it was prohibited. One owner of an apartment building yelled at one of our volunteers to remove the flag.
Volunteer - I appreciate the response. Now I understand why the multi-unit area is skipped - and I'm sorry that a few folks in that area have ruined a nice gesture that would be appreciated by those like me.
anonnymus

Tinley Park, IL

#17 Jul 21, 2014
RidgeDog wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you meant to say:
What do you give out of your own pocket for free? If the man wants to skip a(n) area, that's his choice. Why put one flag in front of a multiple unit - you would still be complaining if it wasn't yours. Get a life and grow up.
What am I giving? Proofreading and editing, in this case...
Ok I'll speak in a language you will understand. Poly want a crack...... oops, wrong language.
Arf, arf, arf.
Bingo Mama

Tinley Park, IL

#18 Jul 21, 2014
RidgeDog wrote:
<quoted text>
First off - I do own a home. The fact that I choose to own a condominium - and pay someone else to do the lawn work - is irrelevant to the conversation.
Second - I DO pay real taxes. In fact, as I've said, the homeowners in my building alone paid more than $43,000 in 2013.
Third - show me the facts on the "welfare" that the kids in my area - as opposed to anywhere else - are receiving..and tell me how, if there is indeed welfare being received, you pay any more than I (as a homeowner) do.
Finally - the dog breed you referred to is spelled "shih tzu".
Well I'll be dog gone. Get it? In your case I think Shitzu fits better.
RidgeDog

Tinley Park, IL

#19 Jul 21, 2014
anonnymus wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok I'll speak in a language you will understand. Poly want a crack...... oops, wrong language.
Arf, arf, arf.
I believe you meant "Polly wants a crack...".

Again, I'm giving proofreading and editing for free.
Dont mess with Ed

Tinley Park, IL

#20 Jul 21, 2014
RidgeDog wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe you meant "Polly wants a crack...".
Again, I'm giving proofreading and editing for free.
No Ridge Dog. I think anonnymus had it right. You are a Roly Poly am I right? Anonnymus was about to quote a song about you.
The Roly Poly song:
Roly Poly
Eatin' corn and taters,
Hungry every minute of the day!
Roly Poly
Gnawin' on a biscuit,
As long as he can chew it it's okay!

He can eat an apple pie,
And never even bat an eye!
He likes anything from soup to hay,
Roly Poly, Daddy's little fatty!
Burp!
I added the burp. Made the song yours!
RidgeDog BadDog

Tinley Park, IL

#21 Jul 21, 2014
I give up. I had no idea Ed Moody was so popular. Mr Moody, I'm sorry sir. Can you please call the Dog catchers off? Please?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dixmoor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bob Manthei Ousted from Park District? 1 hr goat 30
No Confidence in the BI Independent Party 1 hr Fresh Start 5
B.I.P.D. needs leadership now (Aug '14) 2 hr Real 239
Blue Island Park District Woes 2 hr BI Deserves Better 77
Will the Real Robert Rita Please Stand Up (Jan '16) 2 hr BIIP4 36
Solve the Robbie Silva Case (Dec '12) 2 hr Justice 186
Poll J B Rigoni (Aug '09) 3 hr Please retire 316

Dixmoor Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance